Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
695
Reaction score
967
Age
33
Country
Brazil
To this day, I still have no idea why so many people believe "a proper funeral scene" is something that objectively needs to exist in a story when an important character dies.
Last time i check, the entire crux of Yuji's breaking point revolves around his best friend dying first before him? (And more to come)
How is even a funeral visit too much to ask? Meanwhile, he does it fine with his favourite in the literal 6th page of modulo.
Stop defending trash writing, bro.
 

FantasticFootno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
1,101
Reaction score
902
Country
United States
To this day, I still have no idea why so many people believe "a proper funeral scene" is something that objectively needs to exist in a story when an important character dies.
Especially because 236 is a funeral chapter for the character lol. An extra funeral on top of that is just a giant waste of time. People love that character too much that it blinds them from the actual rest of the story.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The only complaint worse than that complaint are the people who claim the final page is gege flipping off the reader 😭. I genuinely do not understand how anyone can come to that conclusion besides just reading memes and talking them at face value, it’s such an insane way to view the story.
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,032
Reaction score
2,457
Age
35
Country
Avatar
Alright, back to the possibilities of returning artists. 2019 had some varying artists and writers, but it looks like a good amount of them may not return. One of them being Fujimoto, mainly due to how after Chainsaw Man pt.1, he returned home to his comfort zone in Jump+ and that is where I expect him to be for the future. Mizuki Yoda I also expect to not return to Weekly Jump due to them working in Jump+ on Marriagetoxin. However their writing partner Tomohide Hirao I also have questions since I don’t follow them. Natsuki Hokami could return since they did a Future Project one-shot last year. Daijiro Nonoue and Shiibashi are not coming back due to both also working in Jump+. Kishimoto along with Akira Okubo are wild cards if the former wants another shot at redemption. Kentaro Fukuda has two strikes against him. I need to read both Jump works cause after reading the first 3 chapters of Double Taisei and his one-shot Delete, I don’t have faith in his writing skills. Kento Terasaka is one I really want to return. He really improved from Beast Children to GGG, and his following one-shot was also amazing. He has the ability, but needs to come back with a less stacked roster and if he wants to do another sport, let him, but pick one that he likes and utilize it with great care and more mainstream appeal, or he can try a new genre if he wants to. Kento Matsuura is an artist I always want to see return, it’s just unfortunate that he is with not so good writers. I mean Goto improved from Phantom Seer to Harukaze Mound with a few weaknesses and unfortunate choices he didn’t make that I think hurt that series. As for Yuki Tanaka, haven’t heard from them and don’t want to ever again. Tsurun Hatomune is currently working on a new series now, but with his track record with comedies, I expect nothing from him and he probably won’t return to Weekly Jump.

Next was 2020 and it had an interesting long roster of artists. If I already mentioned them before, I will not repeat again. After the failure of Zipman! Shibata is working on a Dragon Quest Dai Spinoff, Tozuka and Komoto will not return now due to their anime adaptations are not done. For Sakano, they are already working on a fantasy series right now as just the illustratior and not doing the writing. Jun Kirarazaka is probably not going to return to Weekly Jump after making two of the worst series I have ever read. I know that he is working on Jump+ now and his current work is decent, unfortunately it is being translated by AI…eww. Kei Kamiki could return, if they can step up after Magu-Chan and not have that luxury that 2020 offered due to the exodus. Ryo Nakama has that High School Family live action movie coming out, but after that, I guess? Kazu Kakazu dropped off the face of the earth, and Shimabokuro…


Taking another break because I am about to enter a meeting.
 
Last edited:

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
695
Reaction score
967
Age
33
Country
Brazil
The only complaint worse than that complaint are the people who claim the final page is gege flipping off the reader 😭. I genuinely do not understand how anyone can come to that conclusion besides just reading memes and talking them at face value, it’s such an insane way to view the story.
This happens when the characters are the one being held accountable for every flaws that actually originates from the author's own weak storytelling and direction.

Let's forever continue mocking megumi for being a terrible deuteragonist instead of the author outright fucking him over, am i right? Just can't have him stand out over his own golden favourite, yuta and maki.
 
Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The strangest part of Chojo’s cancellation to me is that Viz picked it up for physical english prints, they never do that for gag series even saiki k which is way more popular or Witch Watch which is a bit more than a gag series
I wonder if that was VIZ already knowing a anime adaptation was in discussion, here in Brazil many times a work being licensed or suddenly receiving a new edition is basically the sign a anime is in the works.

However, this week the chapter will not be released, since it is Golden Week.
Actually there are words about the issue leaking at some point.

1.000.000 views in the Opening!!
Cool, and some Oricon "experts" saying the anime is bombing on Twitter... :teehee
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,565
Reaction score
11,300
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Let's forever continue mocking megumi for being a terrible deuteragonist instead of the author outright fucking him over, am i right? Just can't have him stand out over his own golden favourite, yuta and maki.
But what would be the problem, sorry?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Actually there are words about the issue leaking at some point.
In recent years this has happened very rarely.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think this is the first time I've woken up to 3+ new pages of posts and it wasn't about a new announcement. This is easily in the top 5 silliest arguments I've seen since joining.
Considering this thread had once people calling others literally nazis over personal opinions (way before i was mod), i think this is far from top 5 :grin
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,032
Reaction score
2,457
Age
35
Country
Avatar
Considering this thread had once people calling others literally nazis over personal opinions (way before i was mod), i think this is far from top 5 :grin
No way really?
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP ISSUE #22-23 (2026) - AUTHOR COMMENTS!

Sakamoto Days (Yuto Suzuki)


The live-action movie has finally started! They're handing out special merch at the cinema in Japan. I hope you'll watch it!


Ichi the Witch (Osamu Nishi)


The weather was so nice, so I went to the Inokashira nature park. I saw a squirrel! A squirrel!


One Piece (Eiichiro Oda)


Why do the words Mr. Children pick help me realize so much? Their live show was the best!!


Class 2-B Hero Destroyerz (Hideaki Sorachi)


I can’t regain my weekly pace at all. Actually, I’ve never been on time in the first place.


Someone Hertz (Ei Yamano)


I might have made a mistake putting away my winter clothes. For my indoor wear, I only have short sleeves and Heattech shirts. I might be a little cold.


Witch Watch (Kenta Shinohara)


In order to save time, my wife was using a toothbrush large enough for a horse. I couldn’t help laughing.


Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi (Shoichi Usui)


I did the thing with my staff where we eat Pringles with chocolate. What a guilty pleasure.


Kagurabachi (Takeru Hokazono)


Volume 11 goes on sale 5/1 in Japan! I hope you all buy it!


Roku’s House of Oddities (Atsushi Nakamura)


“My favorite arc is… There’s too many to choose!” I want to go on and on having conversations like that.


Drawn to the Fire (Masayoshi Satosho)


I’ve been mostly eating soba noodles these days. I recommend adding chikuwa fish cake and spinach.


Akane-banashi (Takamasa Moue)


I used to be a student who hung out at Saizeriya for lunch while reading about the Italian soccer team. So I’m very sad about their current situation.


Hima-Ten! (Genki Ono)


For the Honoka chapters especially, I listen to Heisei era music while working to remember those high school emotions.


Under Doctor (Kyo Tanimoto)


I put down a foot massage mat in my house in a spot where I walk a lot. When it’s dark, I sometimes get surprised when I step on it.


Blue Box (Kouji Miura)


I couldn’t find my Apple Pencil, so I replaced my whole iPad. It’s new.


Shinobi Undercover (Santa Mitarashi)


I rewatched Future Boy Conan for the first time in years while working and was once again blown away by the high quality.


Me & Roboco (Shuhei Miyazaki)


I haven’t gotten my summer clothes out and thus haven’t been able to wear my shorts. As a lover of shorts, I am ashamed.


Nue’s Exorcist (Kota Kawae)


I think about how I’d really appreciate it if there were vending machines with only water.


Kinato’s Magic (Kento Amemiya)


I still remember coming home from school and laughing my butt off watching Gintama. I still laugh at the joke about Konstruktionspunkt (construction point).


Alien Headbutt (Akira Inui)


I ate an American candy called Skittles for the first time. The sweetness awakened my brain.


Source: VIZ Website
 

shillin65

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2024
Messages
190
Reaction score
490
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder if that was VIZ already knowing a anime adaptation was in discussion, here in Brazil many times a work being licensed or suddenly receiving a new edition is basically the sign a anime is in the works.
It was already set to receive a digital release, but it got delayed at the last minute for a physical release
The same thing happened with Kill Blue and Nue, their digital releases getting delayed for a physical; There's a good chance anime could've been involved with those decisions too
Either that or someone higher up decided every moderately successful WSJ series would get a physical print; you can see it with the Kiyoshi/Hima/Shinobi trio all getting announced for physical first rather than digitial
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I guess that word was used more loosely back then.
Not really, it was pretty bizarre to call someone a nazi over a opinion about manga, it was meant to be a insult by the person that said, it was a moment of the thread that wasn't really supervised by a Mod so it was pretty toxic.
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,032
Reaction score
2,457
Age
35
Country
Avatar
Not really, it was pretty bizarre to call someone a nazi over a opinion about manga, it was meant to be a insult by the person that said, it was a moment of the thread that wasn't really supervised by a Mod so it was pretty toxic.
I understand that.

Also, checking out the recent Jump anime adaptations, they are pretty good.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP ISSUE #22-23 OF 2026
​

Magazine Cover: Sakamoto Days


ToC Page


Color Pages

Sakamoto Days


Class 2-B: Hero Destroyerz


Hima-Ten!


Tensai Futsu Gakusha Raro Papuru no Hatsukoi


Media Advertising

Sakamoto Days Live Action Advertisement


Sakamoto Days x Me & Roboco Crossover Chapter + Best Fight Popularity Results


Anime, Movie & Stage Play


Games & Cards


Shueisha Manga Magazines Advertisement


Others


Weekly Shu-chan Issue #343: Onsen Scenes on Shonen Jump


Tensai Futsu Gakusha Raro Papuru no Hatsukoi by Yuta Kato (One Shot)




WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP ISSUE #24 (2026) - PREVIEW

 
Last edited:

Shockzz1234

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2025
Messages
216
Reaction score
405
Country
United Kingdom
Issue 22-23 rankings:

Tier 1 (Great):

1- One Piece (A rare full on fight chapter involving none of the SHs...yet...I still have faith Loki will join lol)
2 - Ichi The Witch (The instant reveal is pretty funny ngl, although I feel like there's most def gonna be another twist to it all...anyway free Tottie!)
3 - Akanebanashi (yeah this shit is peak. Even have a jump scare. I wonder if Issho was shocked because she's doing extremely well or if it's because she spoke as herself on stage when she should have, of course, been speaking as the characters and if she's about to fail because of it...seems like Akane is getting swept up by the world of Rakugo again)
4 - Kagurabachi (Saw some discussion earlier that it's pointless because we know how this arc ends or something, but I could not disagree more. Seeing something play out and seeing it in full context is completely different from just being told how it went down...also we'd never have any flashback arcs like this ever if that's how everyone thought - no Kakashi Gaiden, no God Valley, no Turn Back the Pendulum. etc)
5 - Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi (really like Bobo's backstory, and how Mama dies by basically kinda happenstance rather than anything "malicious", by an Exorcist who thought a Demon was attacking an ally and (in their mind, rightfully) attacked her. Also Bobo's new form has the hair drills that Mama had, which I think is a sweet design for him, sweet as in it looks cool and also in the other meaning of awww it's sweet lol)

Tier 2 (Good):

- Blue Box (you did well, little brother!)
- Someone Hertz (Second time the Mon-Mid crew have seen our not-yet-couple, they probably assume they're already together lmao)
- Shinobi Undercover (Wonder what'll happen to Yoichi after this...I'd say he'd join Squad 9, but that might make them too powerful, unless they nerf him. But we also haven't seen many of the other single digit squads yet, so he might be fine. Also, I'd like for him to join anyway lol)
- Kinato's Magic (Training Arc? Those either go very badly or very well this early on lol, but i'm looking forward to it)
- Under Doctor (probably....it's best chapter so far? Really really liked it. I feel like the series is kinda meh at action, but is solid at most other things)
- Witch Watch (Inside you, there are two wolves is one wolf....really Inuyasha like, huh? Lol)
- Roku (quite funny, nice to see Sachiko out of the house. Like I said a few weeks ago, this could really become my comfort series fr)

Tier 3 (Ok):

- Alien Headbutt (it was ok, and the deer evolving into a human/deer hybrid thing was cute....or is it a goat? Oh well lol.. Was a bit fast paced though, suppose that's gonna happen when you're trying to beat the axe)
- Me and Roboco
- Sakamoto Days (yeah, I don't really care about any of these characters, but the action art is still clean)
- Drawn to the Fire (solid, nice to see more of their dynamic...very Hinata/Kageyama lol, looking forward to the first (proper) match!)
- Himaten
- Nue's Exorcist (please don't make Gekka into a damsel in distress lol)
- Class 2-B (better than last week imo, and a few of the gags make me chuckle like him drawing "No Clue" on the board...the backstory between him and the other student was surprisingly deeper than I'd expect from the unserious subject matter lol...other than that, the comedy was still kinda hit or miss for me and yeah, it was ok, nothing more or less)

Tier 4 (Bad):

N/A

Good week for the mag imo! Wasn't really anything I disliked.
 
Last edited:

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,032
Reaction score
2,457
Age
35
Country
Avatar
Okay, so continuing on with the list. 2021 did show promising artists and talent, unfortunately, I am not sure if some will return again. But with that said, Yusei Matsui just finished so why ask him to return so soon. Also, with a 3 for 3 record, I would hate for him to run the risk of a perfect record. Mikiyasu Kamada will venture on their own from what I remember, while Ashibi Fuku is doing other projects. Yuki Kawaguchi really fumbled after his return to redeem himself and break free from his former editor Taguchi. He has so much to learn and he did somewhat, but needs to explore more character personalities and see other mentors aside from Horikoshi. Minya Hiragi I think is another potential candidate to return, but they really need to work on their writing. Mapolo-3 I think is content with Jump+ now. Yuji Kaku is another I would like to see return, but there is also this part of me that wonders if he will be more content with staying in Jump+. And Daiki Ihara…


I swear this is the last time.

Now for 2022, Hideo Shinkai is a huge question mark. No one-shot, no word, nothing. But after how Earthchild was, I would doubt that he will ever come back. Fusai Naba blew it twice and showed no growth as a writer. Art yes writing no. Tadaichi Nakama and Shinpei Watanabe are ones I can see returning in the not too distant future. I don’t know where Taizen 5 is presently. Nisoisn will be Nisoisn, but I want to see Iwasaki return soon with a new writing partner. And for Daisuke Enoshima is a must return for me.

2023 is one of those years where there are artists I am mixed on returning or not. Tsukuda and Saeki are a must, but I hope that they can grow and learn but not fall back on fan service as their crutch. Kawada is always a yes for me due to the art, but it’s a give or take what sport he will do and find that balance to bring world wide appeal to them. At first I asked why the matches were to short, but after talking to some friends who read Hinomaru Zumo, I am understanding how these types of sports are depicted in manga. I mean compared to the ball sports I’ve experienced, I can take the time to know how long the matches will last. Ikuo Hachiya is not ready. Yoshihiko Hayashi I can see returning, but they need a much simpler approach compared to their previous concept. Furthermore, they need a stronger lead character and not sideline characters and mislead readers when they start. Elk Itsumo I would like to see return, but try something more akin to their one-shot Railway/Gateway.

I will take one more break and will get to 2024 and 2025.
 

Hawke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2024
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,930
Age
28
Country
Vandenreich
I can't believe y'all had multiple things to talk about from the Kagurabachi announcement, BC ending, Promised Neverland summer one shot, the World Trigger reboot cast/designs PV and y'all wasted on it a silly argument 😭

Anyway, decent issue this week. I'm really liking the new batch, I do wish Sorachi toned down on the poop jokes a little but I had the misfortune to read it right after I came back from a dinner but it's still very funny and classic Sorachi but I get if it doesn't appeal to people. In fact, I'd probably have sighed more than enjoyed it if it wasn't him bc I'd think this would be lining up for an axe otherwise...so make of that what you will in the next few weeks if this doesn't pick up from there.

Roku is probably my stand out from the best. Natsu feels a lot like a GGG rerun but slightly better, but Roku is so genuinely fun and refreshing to me. It really is going for that Witch Watch weirdo family comedy spot and I'm loving it. I also think there's a lot of merit to the previous batch but I cannot see it staying, which makes me very sad because I really think Kinato and Alien Headbutt found their groove and can grow but alas :/ Under Doctor is still appealing to me but tbh I'm starting to question where we go from here too, so kinda Kiyoshi vibes but less junk food shonen to feast on. Speaking of that, Kiyoshi is really fun again and Shinobi had me a sucker for its content this week too. Love me a good "fine the hero has his way to save people" schtick and Yodaka's awkward charm makes it more refreshing than a generic badass doing it. I know it has detractors here but you guys gotta approach this thing with an open mind. Nue is also so raw, I hope it's getting the anime spotlight soon too.

Issue votes:

1) Roku's House of Oddities
2) Kagurabachi
3) Kinato's Magic
4) Akane banashi
5) Nue's Exorcist
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We're just 10 chapters away from Kiyoshi completing 100 chapters! Man, time flies, i feel like this series started yesterday lol Can't wait for the meltdown when it gets the cover (it will not be as fun if Nue end up just getting a normal cp for anniversary tho lol)
 
Top