Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,571
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I just came back after getting lost in multiple timelines so I kinda lost my sense of date. Will there be ToC this week or will it be next week?
Next week

We're in the Golden Week
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Do you guys think this time since we are in golden week we will receive Oda leaking himself the chapter like last time?
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
691
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
Hitsuji Gondaira (Mission: Yozakura Family) has provided some assistance with Hitoner Chapter 3.

Hitoner is made by Tomohiro Yagi, who was the longest serving assistant on Mission: Yozakura Family from Volume 1 to at least Volume 21.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Reading hitoner made me curious what exactly went wrong with red sprite and iron knight.
There's some very clever ideas in there in hitoner.

Don't know where i can read this 2 though.
 
Last edited:

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Do you guys think this time since we are in golden week we will receive Oda leaking himself the chapter like last time?
What are you talking about?
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,012
Reaction score
1,655
Age
36
Country
Australia
I just came back after getting lost in multiple timelines so I kinda lost my sense of date. Will there be ToC this week or will it be next week?
You came too late. This is year 2100 and WSJ went bankrupt.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
What are you talking about?
Sometimes during golden week Oda leaks one page of One Piece... maybe it can happen
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
3,849
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
What was ruri's boost for the announcement?
29th December: (Ruri)
67 9784088845388 ルリドラゴン 4 集英社 眞藤雅興 2025.11.04
320 9784088844152 ルリドラゴン 3 集英社 眞藤雅興 2025.03.04
352 9784088841649 ルリドラゴン 2 集英社 眞藤雅興 2024.09.04
353 9784088832852 ルリドラゴン 1 集英社 眞藤雅興 2022.10.04

28th April: (Kagurabachi)
228 9784088847405 カグラバチ 10 集英社 外薗健 2026.01.05
251 9784088838199 カグラバチ 1 集英社 外薗健 2024.02.02
326 9784088845661 カグラバチ 8 集英社 外薗健 2025.07.04
340 9784088846538 カグラバチ 9 集英社 外薗健 2025.10.03
355 9784088838809 カグラバチ 2 集英社 外薗健 2024.05.02
394 9784088841168 カグラバチ 3 集英社 外薗健 2024.07.04
431 9784088844138 カグラバチ 7 集英社 外薗健 2025.05.02
485 9784088843995 カグラバチ 6 集英社 外薗健 2025.03.04
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Unrelated but I somehow only just noticed Ruri's birthday is when Shindo published the one shot in Giga which I think is adorable
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
776
Reaction score
1,238
Age
25
Country
United States
I really need to stop myself from reading some of these conversations when I’m an anime-only for JJK… sure I’ve heard all the big spoilers at this point but there’s still lots of little things I didn’t know that sneak their way in.

Regarding the discourse of how we talk about how a character was handled, I do think the internet has been onto something by using the term “stocks” to represent their investment in a character. We invest emotionally in certain characters to a level, and then if the author pays that off we reap the rewards, whereas if the character gets sidelined or robbed of a moment it feels like a personal robbery from ourselves. I could see this matching how people get invested in the careers of sports teams/players/wrestlers.

I do think at a certain point we want to make sure not to over-invest though. I’ve gotten a lot of value out of being able to laugh when something doesn’t go quite how I or how the community would’ve wanted, and I think that’s something people use a lot as well as a coping mechanism. People crack jokes and laugh about Megumi being a bum not because they hate him, but because there was some investment made in him that failed to make returns, and so the ones who invested choose to either channel their emotions into frustration and be perpetually upset, or choose to turn the scenario into a joke to introduce levity into the strong emotions and allow it to not weigh on their heart.

Only personal example I can think of is how in One Piece, I kinda wanted Lilith to have a big emotional moment-conclusion at the end of Egghead where she’d be the only one left and begin to forge her own identity as the new Vegapunk and join the crew. While we did get a brief emotional scene, it was more played for comedy, with her going back to normal right after (reasonably so, given her understanding of what actually happened). At this point in the story, rather than Lilith setting sail and becoming her own person, she is instead sitting in the background of the arc trying to rebuild the Stella and will certainly not be doing much else in the story.

I could choose to be frustrated about how the character of Lilith wasn’t handled the way I would’ve liked to see, but I would prefer to crack jokes about Lilith doing nothing and getting sidelined and just move on (admittedly this is easier when there are some logical structures in place justifying the behavior, but doesn’t change my desire for something more emotional).

In short, I encourage the whimsy of the clowning and agenda-posting that gets done to characters (meme agenda, not toxic agenda) inasmuch as it allows us to take a step back and keep having fun even when things don’t go our way. At the end of the day it’s still evident we care about the characters through our continued discussion of them.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Reading hitoner made me curious what exactly went wrong with red sprite and iron knight.
There's some very clever ideas in there in hitoner.

Don't know where i can read this 2 though.
I didn't read Iron Knight past the first few chapters but Red Sprite was picked up by English Shounen Jump back before Manga+ was created (when they had a digital weekly magazine) and I remember exactly what Red Sprite's problems were. For the whole of vol 1 it kept jumping straight from big shounen moment to big shounen moment without any build-up, making none of it feel deserved and none of the characters feel worth following (they all just existed to fill out space on the splash pages).

It did change things up and introduce a better setting and characters to follow from ch 8, but by that point it was already dead. I don't know if it was a result of the author trying to hard to be "JUMP"-style, or if they don't have much sense for an action series in general, but Hitoner so far feels much more individual.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

Bulju

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2023
Messages
612
Reaction score
1,388
Age
29
Country
Argentina
The master has become the assistant (just for ch 3 i think)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Reading hitoner made me curious what exactly went wrong with red sprite and iron knight.
There's some very clever ideas in there in hitoner.

Don't know where i can read this 2 though.
Man, rule 6 is such a good rule. I wish more people would know it exists.
 

LogicoftheVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2025
Messages
245
Reaction score
189
Age
43
Country
US Virgin Islands
Issue #22-23
1. One Piece #1181
2. Kagurabachi #120
3. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi #90
4. Under Doctor #14
5. Kinato's Magic #13
6. Ichi the Witch #80


Huge gap

7. Class 2-B Hero Destroyerz #2
8. Drawn to the Fire #3
9. Roku's of Oddities #4
10. Someone Hertz #31
11. Shinobi Undercover #79
12. Alien. Headbutt #12
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
776
Reaction score
1,238
Age
25
Country
United States
Any thoughts about the one shot? Like i said i thought it was great :hee
I sure don’t know how to read, but it looks intriguing. The artstyle feels somewhere between Sakamoto, Kagurabachi, and Spy x Family.
 

Phantom RPG

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
1,094
Reaction score
1,223
Age
28
Country
Brazil
Any thoughts about the one shot? Like i said i thought it was great :hee
Won't lie here, great art but kinda felt like it was a bit all over the place for me at least. Now, I will say the protagonist is certainly looking fun, I won't deny that and the art is unique and great for the setting. I will also add that his idea of setting as well as the more romantic undertones between the leads was unique and felt the chemistry right. This already beats his previous one shot by miles.

Now, I wanna see the others. Primarily to see the improvements overall around the second, third and fifth one shots, as those are their I wish to see if the authors had any form of improvements.
I sure don’t know how to read, but it looks intriguing. The artstyle feels somewhere between Sakamoto, Kagurabachi, and Spy x Family.
No shame in that. I don't speak japanese but that never stopped me from seeing and posting raw one shots here and there for others to enjoy.

Oh and everyone, be prepared. I do plan to post the one shots of jump giga spring 2026 here when I can, but I do have important stuff to attend like a weeding from a relative if mine, so just a friendly heads up in case I don't post tomorrow or in the next few days.
 

Shonenfan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Messages
435
Reaction score
261
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Any thoughts about the one shot? Like i said i thought it was great :hee
I guess this is where my jump snootiness comes in but I don’t like the art that much and don’t think it’d be a good Shonen jump series. Tha being said, it kind of reminds me of David art manga meets JJBA and a little bit of golden kamuy.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I guess this is where my jump snootiness comes in but I don’t like the art that much and don’t think it’d be a good Shonen jump series. Tha being said, it kind of reminds me of David art manga meets JJBA and a little bit of golden kamuy.
Then again id say the same if i saw someone hertz’s one shot. That art looked so weird and what we got is so much better
 
Top