Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,501
Reaction score
39,544
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Pedroland17

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2026
Messages
38
Reaction score
51
Age
29
Country
Brazil
Jesus Christ, the first volume of "One Piece Chopper's" which is just a compilation of 1 page cute comics of Chopper doing stuff in real life from Twitter sold 282k copies in just f@cking 4 days! It sold more than the last Spy x Family volume with 3 days (224k) :SOON

01. One Piece Chopper’s #1 (282,490)

If anyone is curious about the Twitter account: https://x.com/choppers_op

Wow!! Unbelievable. One Piece really is a sales machine.
 

Magister Xehanort

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
334
Reaction score
1,337
Age
32
Country
Brazil
Normally I don't talk about this, I ignore the subject, but I never understood how some people talk about Megumi on the internet. Honestly, I didn't frequent the Jujutsu Kaisen subreddit, I only followed some people who made art and fan and didn't pay much attention to that side of the fandom. And honestly, I only discovered the memes about Megumi being wasted and the jokes after the manga ended, and that left me so confused! Megumi wasn't misused or poorly written; he was better used than Gojo, Nobara, and several other characters! Nobara, Gojo, and other characters appear less than him, have fewer fights and development, and disappear from the manga and hardly appear in the story! He has more fights and more scenes and prominence than most of the cast, and several emotional scenes that practically no other character besides Yuuji possesses!

And I admit I don't understand what you're talking about, is it similar to when My Hero Academia ended and the memes about Deku that don't make sense and contradict the manga's ending? We'll have to wait until the anime finishes and everyone sees that the memes and jokes about Megumi don't make sense and aren't real. He wasn't a fraud or wasted, unless you also consider Gojo and almost all the characters frauds and that the entire cast in the manga was wasted, which nobody talks about. I think the joke about Megumi started and now everyone believes it even though it's not real.
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,092
Reaction score
1,981
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Normally I don't talk about this, I ignore the subject, but I never understood how some people talk about Megumi on the internet. Honestly, I didn't frequent the Jujutsu Kaisen subreddit, I only followed some people who made art and fan and didn't pay much attention to that side of the fandom. And honestly, I only discovered the memes about Megumi being wasted and the jokes after the manga ended, and that left me so confused! Megumi wasn't misused or poorly written; he was better used than Gojo, Nobara, and several other characters! Nobara, Gojo, and other characters appear less than him, have fewer fights and development, and disappear from the manga and hardly appear in the story! He has more fights and more scenes and prominence than most of the cast, and several emotional scenes that practically no other character besides Yuuji possesses!

And I admit I don't understand what you're talking about, is it similar to when My Hero Academia ended and the memes about Deku that don't make sense and contradict the manga's ending? We'll have to wait until the anime finishes and everyone sees that the memes and jokes about Megumi don't make sense and aren't real. He wasn't a fraud or wasted, unless you also consider Gojo and almost all the characters frauds and that the entire cast in the manga was wasted, which nobody talks about. I think the joke about Megumi started and now everyone believes it even though it's not real.
This is the first time I’ve seen someone talking about Megumi and not using “if” 😭

idk i just think the jokes are really funny
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
You have to remember that a significant chunk of the Jujutsu Kaisen fanbase are the old Bleach fanbase.

i.e. people who could spend weeks speculating about the implications of a chapter where absolutely nothing happened whatsoever. If there's even so much of a miniscule hint at something that could've happened, that fanbase can turn it a major topic.
 

Nuesmoker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
3,375
Age
27
Country
Italy
Normally I don't talk about this, I ignore the subject, but I never understood how some people talk about Megumi on the internet. Honestly, I didn't frequent the Jujutsu Kaisen subreddit, I only followed some people who made art and fan and didn't pay much attention to that side of the fandom. And honestly, I only discovered the memes about Megumi being wasted and the jokes after the manga ended, and that left me so confused! Megumi wasn't misused or poorly written; he was better used than Gojo, Nobara, and several other characters! Nobara, Gojo, and other characters appear less than him, have fewer fights and development, and disappear from the manga and hardly appear in the story! He has more fights and more scenes and prominence than most of the cast, and several emotional scenes that practically no other character besides Yuuji possesses!

And I admit I don't understand what you're talking about, is it similar to when My Hero Academia ended and the memes about Deku that don't make sense and contradict the manga's ending? We'll have to wait until the anime finishes and everyone sees that the memes and jokes about Megumi don't make sense and aren't real. He wasn't a fraud or wasted, unless you also consider Gojo and almost all the characters frauds and that the entire cast in the manga was wasted, which nobody talks about. I think the joke about Megumi started and now everyone believes it even though it's not real.
While Gege himself (iirc) stated in an interview that he wasn't completely satisfied with Megumi (and him being mentioned ONCE in Modulo with nothing in the extras either does suck, I agree on that), the "potential man" memes, the amount of videos trashing his writing because he didn't fulfill said "potential", combined with the general sphere surrounding battle shonen in recent years especially (yknow, aura and hype and whatnot) has rotted people's brains so much and convinced people that Megumi not becoming one of the strongest was a genuine writing mistake, even though that "potential" and MANY of the aspects of the series such as the concept of "The Strongest" are openly shown as some of the many toxic parts of sorcerer culture and society. That's what people fail to get, Megumi not only isn't supposed to fulfill his potential, he straight up doesn't want to. I myself make similar jokes here and there, but too many people have on the internet take it as actual bad writing and gospel about his character.

And before anyone says anything, no I am not attacking anybody on here specifically, I am talking broadly about Megumi's perception as a character.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,296
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Jesus, are you still talking about Jujutsu?
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,012
Reaction score
1,655
Age
36
Country
Australia
This is the first time I’ve seen someone talking about Megumi and not using “if” 😭

idk i just think the jokes are really funny
It is absolutely garbage, immature and overused. Basically people use it to shut down any actual discussion and they use it when they basically not want to hear what you say and not want to engage.

It will no longer funny when the victim is your fav. You will see.
 
Last edited:

Reyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
450
Reaction score
466
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow!! Unbelievable. One Piece really is a sales machine.
I know some are bringing up the fact it had a promo card with it's release, but wasn't that the case with later volumes of One Piece Academy?
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,012
Reaction score
1,655
Age
36
Country
Australia
While Gege himself (iirc) stated in an interview that he wasn't completely satisfied with Megumi (and him being mentioned ONCE in Modulo with nothing in the extras either does suck, I agree on that), the "potential man" memes, the amount of videos trashing his writing because he didn't fulfill said "potential", combined with the general sphere surrounding battle shonen in recent years especially (yknow, aura and hype and whatnot) has rotted people's brains so much and convinced people that Megumi not becoming one of the strongest was a genuine writing mistake, even though that "potential" and MANY of the aspects of the series such as the concept of "The Strongest" are openly shown as some of the many toxic parts of sorcerer culture and society. That's what people fail to get, Megumi not only isn't supposed to fulfill his potential, he straight up doesn't want to. I myself make similar jokes here and there, but too many people have on the internet take it as actual bad writing and gospel about his character.

And before anyone says anything, no I am not attacking anybody on here specifically, I am talking broadly about Megumi's perception as a character.
He never said he is not satisfied with Megumi. That was a misinformation. He only ever said in the exhibit that he feels regret that he could not make Tsumiki and Yuji met and interact earlier/more. Because the audience get to know the character from the MC's perspective.

Anyway, can we please move on from this topic. I was replying just to correct the misinformation
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You have to remember that a significant chunk of the Jujutsu Kaisen fanbase are the old Bleach fanbase.

i.e. people who could spend weeks speculating about the implications of a chapter where absolutely nothing happened whatsoever. If there's even so much of a miniscule hint at something that could've happened, that fanbase can turn it a major topic.
Not true. A big chunk of them were toddlers or not even born yet when Bleach was serialized. JJK has a lot of gen alphas. Which explained the complete stupidity and immaturity
 

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
1,469
Country
Gotei 13
A big chunk of them were toddlers or not even born yet when Bleach was serialized
Bleach was from 2001
They can't be old enough to type, r-right?
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
691
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
JUMPSCARE

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Saikyo Joreishi Kan-chan!' Color Page by Yoshiharu Kataoka (Ping Pong Peril)

--- Double Post Merged, ---

ON STAGE' Color Page by Nono Daiki. (Ekiden Bros)
 

Bulju

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2023
Messages
612
Reaction score
1,388
Age
29
Country
Argentina
Kataoka's art looks pretty normal but goddamn, where was that kind of art from Daiki when Ekiden Bros was still being published!? Would've helped a ton.
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
776
Reaction score
1,238
Age
25
Country
United States
I don’t want to propagate the topic further myself but I at least want to clarify that I wasn’t speaking in favor of people being toxic about slandering characters. I just think it’s good to handle things in the way that lets us have fun with discussing the series as much as possible rather than having to linger on frustrations. For some people that’s making jokes about characters being “bums” to lighten the mood/seriousness, which only works ideally when it comes from a place of love for the character rather than hate (there is plenty of hateful character slander out there and that’s an entirely different thing). I see it as somewhat similar to when you joke to your friend during a death scene to ease the awkward emotional tension in the room, which is different from joking because you genuinely do not care that the character is dying. Idk if that even made sense but hopefully it’s painting something.

At the end of all of it my goal is to nurture enjoyment, not stir up bitterness and wrath, and how to do that is a very individual thing that can’t be generically applied to a whole fanbase. It’s a tricky tightrope to walk and I’m still learning it every day.

JUMPSCARE

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Saikyo Joreishi Kan-chan!' Color Page by Yoshiharu Kataoka (Ping Pong Peril)

--- Double Post Merged, ---

ON STAGE' Color Page by Nono Daiki. (Ekiden Bros)
Too much peak for one post, gosh. Jujutsu Mizuo is immaculate, multiple anniversary colors is really nice to hear, and the two one shot colors look at face value like significant upgrades for both artists (not fully sold on the hair of little pink-haired girl on Kataoka’s but it’s still significantly better than Taira’s cut in PPP).
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
691
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
Both daiki and kataoka are improving their art.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


So fucking cool man
I didn't even notice this was animated. HOLYCRAP!
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Black Clover is now over (minus a potential final epilogue chapter in the last volume, but that's not guaranteed to happen). Everything from the 2010s is complete.

I remember back when it was new people were absolutely certainly it was about to be cancelled at any moment yet it went to almost ch 400 (and would've sailed past that for sure had it remained weekly, you can tell Tabata was rushing in the final arc to make up for the quarterly schedule). I wonder if any of the current series will last that long.

I can't imagine Tabata returning to WSJ after having to switch to GIGA due to being unable to handle the schedule, but I hope he at least returns at some point to Jump SQ or Jump+ with a slower release schedule.
 

FantasticFootno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
901
Country
United States
Black Clover is now over (minus a potential final epilogue chapter in the last volume, but that's not guaranteed to happen). Everything from the 2010s is complete.

I remember back when it was new people were absolutely certainly it was about to be cancelled at any moment yet it went to almost ch 400 (and would've sailed past that for sure had it remained weekly, you can tell Tabata was rushing in the final arc to make up for the quarterly schedule). I wonder if any of the current series will last that long.

I can't imagine Tabata returning to WSJ after having to switch to GIGA due to being unable to handle the schedule, but I hope he at least returns at some point to Jump SQ or Jump+ with a slower release schedule.
World trigger?
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,296
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Black Clover is now over (minus a potential final epilogue chapter in the last volume, but that's not guaranteed to happen). Everything from the 2010s is complete.
Except World Trigger
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I wonder if any of the current series will last that long.
I doubt
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Jujutsu Kaisen may be complete, but in our hearts and mildly frustrated brains, it is eternal.

World trigger?
Somehow I keep forgetting about World Trigger, even though I really enjoy it. I guess in my mind it's Jump SQ series since it's been there for longer than its WSJ run, so I have to be reminded it's originally from WSJ.
 
Top