- Joined
- Aug 28, 2023
- Messages
- 168
- Reaction score
- 2,915
- Country
-
Enjoy turtles 
Canon until proven otherwise is something I have always said regarding them. What I personally mean by headcanon is when you obsess so much about what you want out of these blog posts that you end up being too disappointed because it's not exactly how you envisioned it. I remember seeing people complaining because Adori wasn't blonde for example.it's ridiculous to refer to old blog post as headcanon. They are still basically canon until proven otherwise. And it is a shame to see how much... less the ari family is than framed in the blog posts. In blog posts they appeared to be a combat oriented family whose leader was a progenitor to two families. Yuri's wide skillset was easily attributed to her dual roots. In the old setting with joochun the family had an adori like entity under it's belt. Heck, joochun was technically adori's boss at times. Don't get me wrong, I love a goonable character but so far to me it looks like the ari family has been downgraded too much. I suppose it's up to SIU to rebuild them though I don't trust he will have the time and energy for it. Blog post were basically free world building which SIU set aside.
The ari family head looks like a weak d class regular even sachi faker from hell train looks ten times more badassit's ridiculous to refer to old blog post as headcanon. They are still basically canon until proven otherwise. And it is a shame to see how much... less the ari family is than framed in the blog posts. In blog posts they appeared to be a combat oriented family whose leader was a progenitor to two families. Yuri's wide skillset was easily attributed to her dual roots. In the old setting with joochun the family had an adori like entity under it's belt. Heck, joochun was technically adori's boss at times. Don't get me wrong, I love a goonable character but so far to me it looks like the ari family has been downgraded too much. I suppose it's up to SIU to rebuild them though I don't trust he will have the time and energy for it. Blog post were basically free world building which SIU set aside.
To me that was a bit of a letdown as well. Not the end of the world of course but it's always a bit of a shame to see something you were hyped for just... die I guess. I was also expecting an actual golden november with golden temu arie swordsmanship (since in the old setting she learned some version of it which can be taught and doesn't require arie genes). I suppose we could still get golden arie swordsmanship but that's not quite the point. With the current setting it'd also be weird to see how enne holds up against adori since we are talking a natural born arie against whatever it is that enne got from gustang and blossom.Canon until proven otherwise is something I have always said regarding them. What I personally mean by headcanon is when you obsess so much about what you want out of these blog posts that you end up being too disappointed because it's not exactly how you envisioned it. I remember seeing people complaining because Adori wasn't blonde for example.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Sort of agreed. She definitely lacks the imposing aura the other family heads appear to have. It also does not help that within 3 seconds of appearing she gets hit by thunder and said thunder even does anything. Like, I don't expect family heads to be these omnipotent beings that can't be phased or clowned but there should be a certain dignity at least at their introduction which was missing here. Maybe SIU could have put more detail into shin's art to make her stand out more.The ari family head looks like a weak d class regular even sachi faker from hell train looks ten times more badass
Made an account just to say as a fan from 2012 siu went to absolute garbage level writing. I am only watching as loyalty to my younger self
Welcome.--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What scrapped, the only difference thus far is that she's a woman not a man.You are misunderstanding, i am mostly just refuting your arguments, i am actually not against this version of Luslec/Adori/Ari Shin, i didn't like the Yama changes but that's about it. If someone was looking forward to see Ari Han and now finds out that the character is scrapped, i fully understand their frustration, you just don't.
I keep telling people this but the fact that SiU removed those things tells you that no, you're not meant to view them like that. They're as canon as unused concept art.it's ridiculous to refer to old blog post as headcanon. They are still basically canon until proven otherwise.
And we've been told since Sharon showed up that they're pacifists who dislike war. This is again you getting upset about headcanon that was proven wrong years agoAnd it is a shame to see how much... less the ari family is than framed in the blog posts. In blog posts they appeared to be a combat oriented family whose leader was a progenitor to two families.
What on Earth are you talking about?Yuri's wide skillset was easily attributed to her dual roots.
Again, what? Pretty much all Rankers at a certain level are wave controllers. Why would she be any different?Another weird flex this chapter is that shin almost appears to be introduced as a wave controller. This is probably the strangest thing about her changes from the lore so far.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Its weird because ari bright sharon was introduced as a swordswoman and she said the ari family uses a special type of sword carried within , and she had a knight theme / designWhat scrapped, the only difference thus far is that she's a woman not a man.
I keep telling people this but the fact that SiU removed those things tells you that no, you're not meant to view them like that. They're as canon as unused concept art.
And we've been told since Sharon showed up that they're pacifists who dislike war. This is again you getting upset about headcanon that was proven wrong years ago
What on Earth are you talking about?
Again, what? Pretty much all Rankers at a certain level are wave controllers. Why would she be any different?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Even traumerei knew who urek mazino was .I still believe he will reveal most family heads in this.

After realizing she mogged all her Fam, Sharon decide to leave those bums and joins KallavanIts weird because ari bright sharon was introduced as a swordswoman and she said the ari family uses a special type of sword carried within , and she had a knight theme / design
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
![]()
right is the family leader in her introduction , siu stopped trying smh
Dude, she didn't even fight yet.Its weird because ari bright sharon was introduced as a swordswoman and she said the ari family uses a special type of sword carried within , and she had a knight theme / design
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
![]()
right is the family leader in her introduction , siu stopped trying smh
If there's one thing this image has convinced me of, it's that Shin is doing the same thing as Gustang and most of her family is comprised of her shinsu creations and their descendants.Dude, she didn't even fight yet.
I don't know about that. And for Gustang, I still think they have his blood in a way or another because of the resemblance and abilities.If there's one thing this image has convinced me of, it's that Shin is doing the same thing as Gustang and most of her family is comprised of her shinsu creations and their descendants.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
That was a Needle and SIU said they get theirs at birth.Everyone bitching about the Ari fam, yet the only Ari we’ve seen use a sword is Ari Bright Sharon lol! Looks like she was the oddity LOL
--- Double Post Merged, ---
But he can’t? Blue thryssa been trying to take over his body.So the Thryssa's were on V and Arlen's side? Is that why Baam can control them too?