Now that we know a little more about Gawain's transformations what do you guys think of this statement?
It's quite obviously the form she is going to use the most. Do you think it was below 10%? I think it was exactly 10%. And the form she was using the most when she was 16 was 5%. Either that or it's her 5% now.
Yeah I think she was trying to gaslight Percy a bit, it very likely is exactly 10% or so close to it that the difference is neglectable. It is basically like her baseline for the "grown" transformation as opposed to her natural, small form. The body shape is also closest to what we saw vs. Turret, which is probably the bare minimum she has to go.
I am convinced that there are certain benchmarks she has to hit to get to the next form unlock, so to speak. Which is probably why she trained herself up over two years. I don't mean she was doing a lot of technique work or cardio or lifting weights. Now that we know how Dawn works, she most likely worked on expanding her magic pool.
If her pool expands, then her 100% expands with it, allowing her to discover new benchmarks. This is probably how she came up with Tyrant Mode. I'd argue that even pre-timeskip she didn't have that. Or if she did, it looked nothing like it does now. Problem is, she likely has to hit a much higher expenditure of magic for that benchmark to even hit. From a writing perspective however it is great because it is a built-in limitations and doesn't make her look nearly as broken as Escanor. Because her power isn't just magically rising from nothing over passing of time, no. She actually has to burn through mana like hell to even get there and then maintain it likely burns her out - no pun intended - even faster.
And suddenly her monicker as a 4KotA - the Knight of Famine - makes so much more sense, right? Because she is literally burning magic like some people do calories in the gym, its crazy.
Back to the numbers, if her baseline muscle form requires 10%, then her Tyrant Mode probably unlocks at 50%. Giving her some leeway to adjust strength within the 10% and 50% bracket. I can't prove it but it seems reasonable.
Similarely for Tyrant Mode, the bracket is probably 50% to 90% or something like that. Past that, or exactly at 100% is her The One-form, if she has one even. Past that, we don't know. Might not even come or it will work different from Escanor's The Ultimate One. Which I hope because I don't want her to ruin herself. Escanor's case was different, the mechanic that Sunshine was self-destructive in nature for a human worked with Escanor specifically because he emotionally and psychologically never quite healed from his self-loathing. He found a way to live with that "depression" but living for his friends and the people he loved but Escanor never truly cherished himself.
I don't see this happening to Gawain. See how I alway go on a tanget with Escanor or Gawain or Mael? Fuck, I so damned much love those characters. Sorry.
Another thing I'd like to point out about her muscle forms that I think went a bit under the radar - before she slapped Percival there, she loaded herself up with her Dawn aura. Her punch did not only sent Percival flying, it severely burned his hands when he blocked. Just from the touch.
She didn't use it on Turret since it wasn't necessary but we briefly see her aura-flex on Balin when she goes muscle mode. But since he negates all magic effects on him, we don't even see how much heat damage her Tyrant Mode would do to any other opponent.
No idea who needs to read this but for anyone even remotely thinking that Gawain's Tyrant Mode looks lame in terms of effects drastically undersells the destructive potential. Even her normal muscle mode punch on Turret sent shockwaves through the arena and did massive damage on the ring wall and the seats behind it. We have to assume that was only her 10%.
A single punch from her Tyrant Mode would probably render most oppnents into a fine red mist. I don't think she was merely boasting when she claimed that a full charge would allow her to take on Demon Mode Tristan. It sure as hell could.