- Joined
- Apr 24, 2026
- Messages
- 1,095
- Reaction score
- 329
- Age
- 27
- Country
-
What I said was he didn’t have a single shred of darkness "on him", not "in him". The powers of darkness are no longer visible on the outside of his body—unlike in Assault Mode, or even through his black eyes and the demon mark on his forehead. Because he keeps his power completely contained and under control on the inside, this form of Meliodas is absolutely perfect demonic evolution and only Meliodas could achieve it because he's just that good.I guess that's just how that power originating from the Demon King manifests. When the DK took over his body he was also dressed in white and gold, such a stark contrast to the black and red we got from Zeldris. And Zeldris was a secondary choice. Mel was always the perfect vessel for the DK, that's what his father tried to groom him into all those millenia. I wouldn't say he didn't have a shredd of darkness in him. It's just that this is the physical manifestation of a vessel the closest to the perfect Demon King form. I wish we could have seen the DK in his original body during his prime.
Perhaps to achieve Demon King status as a demon, you must master your darkness so completely that it no longer manifests externally on your body. You essentially become "pure" simply by exerting absolute control over your darkness—almost like the enlightenment stage of demonic evolution.
