Games Mafia Game 142 - McHelpers - Game End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,449
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
This outs teubier doesnt it
Why? Read carefully:
You see, we hired extra security against the Burger Rats, but I didn't think they would be sneaky enough to actually jump one of us at night...
Extra security. Why can’t there be several bodyguards/samurai?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Jelly of Holt btw.
I targeted Sifu last night.
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,449
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Thought you were talking about poisoner for Style.

What did you mean about Tuebier being outed?
Teub claimed Bodyguard so now we have 2 Doctors 2 Bodyguards
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Teub should have been Hider instead, good at guessing who mafia will not kill
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Told you all to trust Pigeon but you couldn't.

I wonder if Lawl is just an opportunist mafia going with the flow how he went for James then Teub.
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,449
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Teub should have been Hider instead, good at guessing who mafia will not kill
Cheap shot, you poor lad.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Votelock GrySun.
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,449
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
We. :XD
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,812
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
That Pigeon lynch sucked. I could follow some of the logic behind it but still, the late nature of it too absolutely stinks.

Currently in a lecture so I should be around properly in 2-3 hours time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Cheap shot, you poor lad.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Votelock GrySun.
What the fuck

Why are you locking so early? Can you justify this with a result or is this just on a whim?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
That Pigeon lynch sucked. I could follow some of the logic behind it but still, the late nature of it too absolutely stinks.

Currently in a lecture so I should be around properly in 2-3 hours time.
It had about the same logic as with Kakoha, and it's not wrong but you can't just logic the lynches. We have it all from griefers to solo players and people who just play the game differently. Kinda crucial to know the person itself from playing games with them to avoid mislynches here.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That Pigeon lynch sucked. I could follow some of the logic behind it but still, the late nature of it too absolutely stinks.

Currently in a lecture so I should be around properly in 2-3 hours time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



What the fuck

Why are you locking so early? Can you justify this with a result or is this just on a whim?
Just ignore him. Hopefully when I'm eventually dead he can enjoy what little game is left afterwards.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

You have to be an instinctual general to play these games. A Duke Hyou, if you will.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

You have to be an instinctual general to play these games. A Duke Hyou, if you will.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I do think they either poisoned twice, and Holt blocked the first poison on himself and died now, or Holt+Style combo blocked the first kill(so Style is sane) and then nobody protected Holt N2 who then again correctly guessed mafia's kill target. Maybe Style again? But would they repeat the kill after it failed?

So perhaps second option is: they tried to kill Style N1, failed, saw Holt say he targeted Style N1, and then outright killed Holt N2.

Hm but that also doesnt fit. For all they know Style is Quack and Holt is already dead/illusion so why would they risk wasting a kill on Holt?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Actually I guess they didnt know Holt was Bodyguard.
So from their pov:

N1 kill Style failed. Holt targeted Style. Must be real Doctor. Kill Holt N2.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,812
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
On my way back to my apartment now that I'm out of my lecture and I managed to sneak in a cheeky little grocery run too- looking forward to my Portuguese Chicken 🗿

@GrySun I have a couple of thoughts that I'll pen when I make it back
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@SirSamuel016 you are a stupid cunt, how do you remember to buy a couple of uber cheap protein smoothies and then forget a fucking bottle of milk?! You're as poor in the back end of a grocery shop as England are in the closing stages of a world cup game
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Holt poisoned is my main thought, best case is that mafia used a real bullet on Holt thinking that Style drops today too. But I don't think they'll stop poisoning until the Samurai is killed, have a good idea who should show up dead next.

Claim: I was apprentice, have learned a new role. How do I divulge things to you lot in a palatable way so you can green light me? I'm trying a new approach...
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Holt poisoned is my main thought, best case is that mafia used a real bullet on Holt thinking that Style drops today too. But I don't think they'll stop poisoning until the Samurai is killed, have a good idea who should show up dead next.

Claim: I was apprentice, have learned a new role. How do I divulge things to you lot in a palatable way so you can green light me? I'm trying a new approach...
Thats a quick learn.

I'm fine greenlighting you atm just from that, my only fear is you dying before you can confirm some townie. But if said townie doesn't need confirming you can skip it for now too I guess. But thats just me.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,812
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It had about the same logic as with Kakoha, and it's not wrong but you can't just logic the lynches. We have it all from griefers to solo players and people who just play the game differently. Kinda crucial to know the person itself from playing games with them to avoid mislynches here.
😩

I thought AP and Nash were pretty tight/knew each other's playstyles but maybe I'm confusing Nash for Jinx there. I did agree with Nash that some of AP's arguments were concocted/out of thin air, but even with the doubt there it's a bit hard to fathom that he got lynched in the last hour.

D2

Voting 13/13
4x Pige - Style #435, Lawl #353 #454, Nash #341 #467, James #464 #490

4x James - Nash #341, Gry #347, Lawl #353, Sam #354, Marm #449, Teub #228 #482

1x Gry - Teub #228, DD #307
1x Sam - Eri #259
1x Teub - Pige #414
1x Nash - Holt #458
There's probably a decent amount of information that we can get if we analyse these day two votes. If James is mafia then that means he was probably saved by his teammates; a truly unfortunate situation would be that the players who were voted were town and we would've been screwed either way.

Just ignore him. Hopefully when I'm eventually dead he can enjoy what little game is left afterwards.
Its just not helpful to do that, regardless of whatever he may be. It is uncooperative, does nothing to help us move towards lynching a mafia, and is a bit disrespectful to just fuck around and do fuck all. Get your shit together @Teubier

I do think they either poisoned twice, and Holt blocked the first poison on himself and died now, or Holt+Style combo blocked the first kill(so Style is sane) and then nobody protected Holt N2 who then again correctly guessed mafia's kill target. Maybe Style again? But would they repeat the kill after it failed?
I've taken a squizz at how the role functions and I don't see how a poison kill would be blocked? Take a look at this from the v3.0 update:

Mafia Poisoner now cannot be negated by the Doctor. Like with Janitor, Poisoner hopefully is now more playable, allowing teams to seriously consider the merit of a delayed kill.
If the scenario is that mafia is poisoning players then for Holt to die via poisoning he would have had to have protected Sty from the target, or have been targeted himself. The other scenarios could be a recruit n1 + outright kill n2, or blocked kill n1 + outright kill n2; that said though I think the poisoner scenario might fit better but it is a lot of supposed protectives there too.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I've taken a squizz at how the role functions and I don't see how a poison kill would be blocked? Take a look at this from the v3.0 update:

If the scenario is that mafia is poisoning players then for Holt to die via poisoning he would have had to have protected Sty from the target, or have been targeted himself. The other scenarios could be a recruit n1 + outright kill n2, or blocked kill n1 + outright kill n2; that said though I think the poisoner scenario might fit better but it is a lot of supposed protectives there too.
Yeah bad wording from me perhaps but I said "Holt blocked the first poison on himself", as in, he tanked a poisoning meant for Style on himself and expired N2 to the poison.

The heck do we have 2 Doctors for if they can just Poisoner all game though? Feels like a senseless setup. I guess it forces mafia to use Poisoner but not a big loss for guaranteed kill safety..

Anyway probably not too helpful to try and deduce what happened N1-N2 at this point, but whoever is alive endgame can probably piece things together with some roles that have shown by then.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If we assume Teub is uncooperative town, then would we have a Samurai which is a glorified 3rd Bodyguard, on top of Kamikaze bomb and any other town killing role we have?

Unlikely. So maybe only Quack Doctor is being tested, and it's on James, while Style is Sane Doctor. Thus no Poisoner either.

At least thats my headcannon for now.

Really curious what other roles we have if we had Sane Doc, Quack Doc, Hider and two Bodyguards...

My role isn't protective in any way for what it's worth.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

If we can trust Brand he confirmed another town, but likely it's someone thats already trusted.

So we need to carefully revisit DD, Erin, Lawl and Marm. Potentially Nash too...
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Teub claimed Bodyguard so now we have 2 Doctors 2 Bodyguards
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Teub should have been Hider instead, good at guessing who mafia will not kill
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Told you all to trust Pigeon but you couldn't.

I wonder if Lawl is just an opportunist mafia going with the flow how he went for James then Teub.
No no not at all, James just felt scummy at that time but then i got side tracked with his reveal and pigeon was acting suspiciously scummy at the end phase... Did holt die protecting james
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,812
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yeah bad wording from me perhaps but I said "Holt blocked the first poison on himself", as in, he tanked a poisoning meant for Style on himself and expired N2 to the poison.
Ah I was more-so replying to the holt+sty pure combo bit of what you said because I think a blocked kill via those two seems more unlikely.

The heck do we have 2 Doctors for if they can just Poisoner all game though? Feels like a senseless setup. I guess it forces mafia to use Poisoner but not a big loss for guaranteed kill safety..

Anyway probably not too helpful to try and deduce what happened N1-N2 at this point, but whoever is alive endgame can probably piece things together with some roles that have shown by then.
2 doctor claims + 2 bodyguard claims (1 deceased) + a potential samurai is too much in a 14 player game imo and even more so if there is a poisoner running around. I believe Brand atm so depending on who he targeted he may have even confirmed one of those. It could be a mafia claim to confirm a teammate but I'm inclined to trust him.

Anyway probably not too helpful to try and deduce what happened N1-N2 at this point, but whoever is alive endgame can probably piece things together with some roles that have shown by then.
I assume you targeted a player again last night?

N1:
James (#225): Active, used his role N1,
Gry (#227): “used my role N1 but am regretting my target already.”
Erin (#238): didn’t use her role
Gry (#239): targeted someone who played last game. (9 possible options)
Teub (#271): targeted Sam N1
Styl (#288): targeted Holt N1
Holt (#290): targeted Sty N1
Nash (#291): hid behind Sty N1
Bran (#309): “I used my role last night. I wouldn't get feedback so can't tell if it's blocked.”
Marm (#312): “I did not use my role last night, not because I didn't want to, but because I can't.”
AP (#313): “I didn't do anything, I couldn't decide on an appropriate selection, so I opted to give it another day.”
James (#372): used his action on Marm N1

N2:
Brandish (#513): Apprentice claim, targeted the same player as N1 and learnt their role.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Ah I was more-so replying to the holt+sty pure combo bit of what you said because I think a blocked kill via those two seems more unlikely.



2 doctor claims + 2 bodyguard claims (1 deceased) + a potential samurai is too much in a 14 player game imo and even more so if there is a poisoner running around. I believe Brand atm so depending on who he targeted he may have even confirmed one of those. It could be a mafia claim to confirm a teammate but I'm inclined to trust him.



I assume you targeted a player again last night?

N1:
James (#225): Active, used his role N1,
Gry (#227): “used my role N1 but am regretting my target already.”
Erin (#238): didn’t use her role
Gry (#239): targeted someone who played last game. (9 possible options)
Teub (#271): targeted Sam N1
Styl (#288): targeted Holt N1
Holt (#290): targeted Sty N1
Nash (#291): hid behind Sty N1
Bran (#309): “I used my role last night. I wouldn't get feedback so can't tell if it's blocked.”
Marm (#312): “I did not use my role last night, not because I didn't want to, but because I can't.”
AP (#313): “I didn't do anything, I couldn't decide on an appropriate selection, so I opted to give it another day.”
James (#372): used his action on Marm N1

N2:
Brandish (#513): Apprentice claim, targeted the same player as N1 and learnt their role.
No, haven't targeted anyone N2.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
If we can trust Brand he confirmed another town, but likely it's someone thats already trusted.
Not really, I went for someone who I wasn't confident was town. If I'm insane and they're mafia, I'm recruited which is a win for me. If town, I confirm this iffy person.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top