Games Mafia Game 142 - McHelpers - Game End

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,803
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Placeholder votekill Nash. Well going to drop the Nash bit for now as I’ve said my thoughts on it already and Im getting tunnelled there
Holt's 2nd to last comment was a placeholder vote on Nash? 🤔 Could be townie tunnelling a townie but I suppose thats on us to figure out

After this he made a final comment about trying to catch up and needing to drop his vote:

I’m still trying to catch up on everything and need to drop my vote
_________

If @NashSilver wants to vote me, they should.

Them trying to cozy up to @GrySun by voting @James Rye just puts Gry & others on edge.
What the fuck was he even saying here?

No, haven't targeted anyone N2.
Oh? Inb4 Teub has a field day with that 💀
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Not really, I went for someone who I wasn't confident was town. If I'm insane and they're mafia, I'm recruited which is a win for me. If town, I confirm this iffy person.
And if you're sane you're dead, you missed that part lmao. Well, observe how things go and reveal at your own pace.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@Brandish μ who did you target ? sorry if you said it already


I dont think holt was posionned, but rather was targetted or died in duty. to me b1 no result is either recruit, failed kill, or illusion

Nash, slythe who did yu target ?


gpoing soon to work might not have time to catch everything


@Marmalade did you use your role ?
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,803
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@Brandish μ who did you target ? sorry if you said it already


I dont think holt was posionned, but rather was targetted or died in duty. to me b1 no result is either recruit, failed kill, or illusion

Nash, slythe who did yu target ?


gpoing soon to work might not have time to catch everything


@Marmalade did you use your role ?
What about you Erin? What did you do?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I used my role but useless
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@SirSamuel016 did you give any new hint, or revealed you re passive right ? you dont need to be scared to reveal many roles are on the open ?
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,803
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Btw, I've got a symphonic band rehearsal tonight so I'm going to go and have a nap in order to be right for that. Will be back in around 2 hours time and generally here from then on until rehearsal starts at 7pm tonight. Charity concert is fast approaching so hopefully I'm on top of my new parts tonight 🥴
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I used my role but useless
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@SirSamuel016 did you give any new hint, or revealed you re passive right ? you dont need to be scared to reveal many roles are on the open ?
Would you be fine sharing the role you have? Since it's useless as you say, might provide some clues.
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,449
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Its just not helpful to do that, regardless of whatever he may be. It is uncooperative, does nothing to help us move towards lynching a mafia, and is a bit disrespectful to just fuck around and do fuck all. Get your shit together @Teubier
Sam, I get why my vote looks frustrating from the outside.
But this isn't me refusing to play or trying to sabotage the game. It's simply where my read has stayed since Day 1.
Gry's behaviour has consistently rubbed me the wrong way. It's not about one sarcastic comment or one disagreement. It's the overall pattern. He reminds me of DemonSpeed in Game 139: someone whose attitude I found incredibly difficult to read and interact with. DemonSpeed ended up being town, so I'm fully aware I can be wrong here as well.
My vote isn't based on mechanics or a secret result. It's based on my read of his play and how he's approached me throughout the game. If that read turns out to be wrong, then that's on me.
I'm not asking anyone to sheep my vote. I'm simply being honest about the player I currently suspect the most. I'd rather stick to a read I genuinely believe than pretend I have doubts just to look more cooperative.

Bye now.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
i will definitely share it when its useful
In other words - no :oh
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm like 99% sure of who Brandish learned from. I guess it helps somewhat.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yes that's why I didn't bother about dying if sane on mafia.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Erin I targeted you/know your role
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Style - Cherry Coke
Brandi - McFilet-O-Fish
Eri - McPassion Fruit Sundae
Sam - Iced Vanilla Coffee
Teub - Teriyaki McBurger
James - Double Cheeseburger
Nash - Blueberry McColosso
Lawl - McMount Blanc Burger
Marms - McKroket

So this above is my trust totem(most to least trusted). Technically only Lawl and Marms are left among the ones I distrust, but we know it's at least 3, probably 4 mafias, so I am missing something. A deep wolf, if you will.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Am back. Reading now. I protected Brandish last night.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
  • Style could be playing us as a Traitor at most, but I find that very unlikely. Only to revisit in a last-day scenario.
  • Brandish could be Mafia Detective and finding cover in Erin/setting Erin up for a mislynch if/when he dies red, or both him and Erin could be together. But for now I believe Brandish so by extension I believe Erin(though this could be the 1 or 2 deep wolves I am missing).
  • Sam has played/sounded trustworthy but is otherwise sitting nice on a passive role claim.
  • Teub is doing nothing but tunneling me which would be a weird strat as mafia to do, especially in iirc his first time as mafia? So probably just really really has it out for me. I'm never again eating a Teriyaki McBurger. But if this all were a strat it'd be quite impressive and reverse-psyching me.
  • James almost got lynched last day. Survived with the help of Style, himself, Nash and Lawl. I'd have liked to believe James being quack and Style sane doc, but it's looking pretty red for James atm just from process of elimination.
  • Nash the Hider likewise I was trusting but I am running out of people to distrust over her... Being mafia together with James and Lawl kinda fits with the votes.
  • Lawl I hope he has some good roleclaim or not much left to not lynch over.
  • Marm same as Lawl, I think she's prepping Detective or Prostitute claim, both weird roles to be missing from the game if she's the only one, but again am running out of suspects..?
Odd.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Am back. Reading now. I protected Brandish last night.
Not gonna bother adding why protect Brandish?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Sam stalled his votelock on James til after the host post of "day end".... hm
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Lawl Po Bia would you mind claiming a role today? Would help me in seeing where to place you in trust levels.

@everyone do provide me your trust totems as well, not that many people left at this point with most claims out so not difficult to make.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

4x Pige - Style #435, Lawl #353 #454, Nash #341 #467, James #464 #490

4x James - Nash #341, Gry #347, Lawl #353, Sam #354, Marm #449, Teub #228 #482

1x Gry - Teub #228, DD #307
1x Sam - Eri #259
1x Teub - Pige #414
1x Nash - Holt #458
Marm and James are not together, so if James flips red Marm is green. Same the other way around. Same should apply to James and Teub.

James could be with Nash and Lawl, final one being DD or something.

Looks like a good day to lynch James as it helps with several pairs, alternatively may be time for Nash, DD or Lawl to go.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Keep in mind we could be 6vs4, though that sounds really harsh with Kamikaze potentially blowing up on a player, would be 3 mislynches and game over. So maybe 7vs3? Or a potential Traitor that was maybe picked up already bringing us back to 6vs4. Such a short game.

So perhaps no claims mean much today as they may just need to survive one more day to win? Which would put Brandish + Erin as an option, not caring about tying themselves together as game ends soon after.

But this is a bit too difficult if it's already almost over. Not sure if anyone else did the numbers and is aware of it?
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Holt was Bodyguard? Were any of his hints giving thoughts for a role other than bodyguard?
If not then he is either a delayed kill from N1 or got actually killed N2 either perbeing the target or getting in the way.

Teub claimed Bodyguard so now we have 2 Doctors 2 Bodyguards
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Teub should have been Hider instead, good at guessing who mafia will not kill
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Told you all to trust Pigeon but you couldn't.

I wonder if Lawl is just an opportunist mafia going with the flow how he went for James then Teub.
Even with Quack turning kills into Illusions that is a lot of protective roles...

With how Pigeon refused to lynch me I and pretty much everyone could tell he was town, he could have lynched me easily but basically sacrificed himself for me, but with the votelock on him from Lawl voting for him as well was my only viable option of survival.
I'm really surprised though that Nash switched from me to Pigeon, I thought for certain she would lock on me and lynch me. I don't get her.

Holt poisoned is my main thought, best case is that mafia used a real bullet on Holt thinking that Style drops today too. But I don't think they'll stop poisoning until the Samurai is killed, have a good idea who should show up dead next.

Claim: I was apprentice, have learned a new role. How do I divulge things to you lot in a palatable way so you can green light me? I'm trying a new approach...
Yo... I'm so bad at reading hints.
I thought your Mafia hint was about det because of the previous game... At least that means you and another townie should get proven. If you're not insane and your target was Mafia ofc.

No, haven't targeted anyone N2.
But you did in N1 and said you regretted it? What was so different about N2 to not use it again?

Not really, I went for someone who I wasn't confident was town. If I'm insane and they're mafia, I'm recruited which is a win for me. If town, I confirm this iffy person.
Please don't be insane, brand, pleeeease~

I used my role but useless
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@SirSamuel016 did you give any new hint, or revealed you re passive right ? you dont need to be scared to reveal many roles are on the open ?
Another useless role?
I'm starting to think I might be Quack after all, there seems nobody around who needs to be protected if everyone's role is useless...

Yes that's why I didn't bother about dying if sane on mafia.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Erin I targeted you/know your role
Okay, great.
Now how do we figure they are both legit so we can cross them off our list of potential suspects for good?

@GrySun I targeted brand because of his hint having faked the role as Mafia. Him being paranoid det in the Kingdom Game as Duke Hyou stuck with me and with Marm not being the investigative role I hoped for protecting, he seemed as my next best bet. I mean, its not like I got much else to go with? All I got from others are that they are "active" which can be anything. With Marm's "staple and classic" and Brand's "I faked it as a Mafia" it felt more secure to use my action on them in case Mafia thinks similarly about their hints as I did.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,803
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
  • Style could be playing us as a Traitor at most, but I find that very unlikely. Only to revisit in a last-day scenario.
  • Brandish could be Mafia Detective and finding cover in Erin/setting Erin up for a mislynch if/when he dies red, or both him and Erin could be together. But for now I believe Brandish so by extension I believe Erin(though this could be the 1 or 2 deep wolves I am missing).
  • Sam has played/sounded trustworthy but is otherwise sitting nice on a passive role claim.
  • Teub is doing nothing but tunneling me which would be a weird strat as mafia to do, especially in iirc his first time as mafia? So probably just really really has it out for me. I'm never again eating a Teriyaki McBurger. But if this all were a strat it'd be quite impressive and reverse-psyching me.
  • James almost got lynched last day. Survived with the help of Style, himself, Nash and Lawl. I'd have liked to believe James being quack and Style sane doc, but it's looking pretty red for James atm just from process of elimination.
  • Nash the Hider likewise I was trusting but I am running out of people to distrust over her... Being mafia together with James and Lawl kinda fits with the votes.
  • Lawl I hope he has some good roleclaim or not much left to not lynch over.
  • Marm same as Lawl, I think she's prepping Detective or Prostitute claim, both weird roles to be missing from the game if she's the only one, but again am running out of suspects..?
Odd.
DD is so under the radar that you didn't mention him here or on your totem 😭
Just waking up now so I'll get you my trust totem once I make dinner
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
14 being 4 mafias only maths out with low power level roles. Kamikaze, Apprentice suicide, other killing roles speed it up too much... Bodyguard doesnt delay game end and we got 2, Doctor can delay it but James is most likely lying, or is a Quack Doctor that technically doesn't delay the game end...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

DD is so under the radar that you didn't mention him here or on your totem 😭
Just waking up now so I'll get you my trust totem once I make dinner
Damn, he really is invisible. Pretty sure I even copypasted the opening post list of players and started rearranging them, but idk what happened to DD's name.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Well I also counted player count with that, so it's not 10 but 11 with DD included.

So 7v4 we can still mislynch once I suppose, as long as no extra poisoned person is approaching.

Either way, if we believe in Poisoner James is 100% mafia, no need for 2 Docs in such a tiny game where both get ignored by Poisoner.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Or Poisoner ain't part of the game and the first kill did got blocked. Or they did recruit someone by chance.

In any case, I am not Poisoner. I looked for good targets to protect as good as I could with what was given to me in the thread. Like all I get from DD is "active and I used it " greeeeat, from Lawl "I am not Samurai" which I read as he must be Bodyguard then, "passive" from Sam which only helps to strike him out as target to protect, "hider" claim from Nash another role I dont need to protect, you "ineffective" and "you regret using it N1" wow that instills great protective urges in me, and Teub who claimed Bodyguard.
Like at this rate I am better off protecting Erin or now Brand again after he learned from her saying her role or her action was useless is again not a good indicator for me who's important to keep alive and who isn't.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I need a spy to prove my action. Or a mortician to prove I protected who I said in which night in case one of them dies. Or Marm or Brand become Illusions. But with Brand saying he got a role switch, he clearly didn't died last night, so that option is off the table.

Is there no spy here to spy on me? Or a det? We had two nights, how come we have 2 docs and 2 bodyguards and a necromancer to repeat their roles, but no results from any investigative role? Day 3 is usually when they start popping up, same for role claims.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top