Games Mafia Game 142 - McHelpers - Game End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,535
Reaction score
21,771
Gender
Female
Country
China
hola my dear mcdos, i was supposed to go gym to train off the happy meals but thats probably not happening today
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,803
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Trust totem:

Brandish - I like his game so far honestly and while there's the chance he could be Mdet setting something up, I think apprentice makes sense for the game. Fingers crossed he's not insane and has joined mafia.
Gry - The play (way his posts read) feels very natural to me and I'm inclined to believe that he is town. Only one role use with no confirmation of an exact target is a peculiar admission, perhaps concerning, but we'll see what comes of that.
Erin - The play doesn't deserve being this high but Brandish does a lot of carrying through his role and supposed find. As long as Brand stays consistent and Erin doesn't fall back on the victim complex of "you people tried lynching me day 1 so you must be scum!" then I think she'll be fine and trustworthy
Marm - Vibes and good posts. Said she couldn't act N1 because conditions for her role didn't allow it which made me think Necro- and then AP dropped dead as one. It might be a game of pairs but that's a dangerous assumption to make atm. All in all, I trust our four foot zero whatever-she-is atm.
Styl - I've got Sty this low because he came out swinging hard as a doc claimer who seemed certain that he was Quack and embraced it a bit. If he was a regular doctor (of any of the sanities) then he wouldn't know for sure which makes me worry that he could be mafia- perhaps a mafia doctor to protect scums against killing roles like Kako's kamikaze bomb.
Teub - I'd throw him lower but other players are just more sus than him. Claimed Bodyguard but Holt was a bodyguard so I don't know where that leaves his claim plus I'd argue that protecting me N1 was a waste even if I'm lovable and dependable. Throw in his hyperfixation on Gry and I just don't get why he'd approach things in this manner.
Nash - Nash has dropped in my trust levels for a fair bit admittedly. The way they've handled Hider and also had a leading role in mislynching Pigeon gives me cause for concern, but they definitely have their good bits too.
dd - The man is so invisible that @GrySun is leaving him off of lists 😭 Maybe not alignment indicative but damn, he's way too under the radar.
Lawl - No hint/claim, nor any actions to speak of yet. I do like his interactions but aside from that there just isn't much else to properly trust him just yet.
James - I feel kinda bad having James at the bottom still because he's reading better today imo but there's no denying that mafia might have saved him with the late AP push yesterday. If there is a poisoner then I don't think that both he and Sty can be doc because what would be the point?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

hola my dear mcdos, i was supposed to go gym to train off the happy meals but thats probably not happening today
Booooooo, no excuses McBhai. Consistency is king, get on that fucking treadmill this instant and run 10km for me.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Keep in mind we could be 6vs4, though that sounds really harsh with Kamikaze potentially blowing up on a player, would be 3 mislynches and game over. So maybe 7vs3? Or a potential Traitor that was maybe picked up already bringing us back to 6vs4. Such a short game.

So perhaps no claims mean much today as they may just need to survive one more day to win? Which would put Brandish + Erin as an option, not caring about tying themselves together as game ends soon after.

But this is a bit too difficult if it's already almost over. Not sure if anyone else did the numbers and is aware of it?
So we started off either 10v4 or 11v3 and we're down to 7v4 or 8v3? I suppose if they poisoned both nights then that does mean 6v4 or 7v3.

Gry, do you think 2 bodyguards 2 doctors makes sense? If there's a samurai too then that might be far too much even with poisoner; I'd think it might be a 1bg 1doc 1samurai in that instance?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Gonna go and get dressed so I can go and catch the bus to band. I'll be on and off for the next hour while I travel but then I'll be afk for 3 or so while rehearsal is on and I then travel back.

Cheers,
Sam
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
i cant claim this phase
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Trust totem:

Brandish - I like his game so far honestly and while there's the chance he could be Mdet setting something up, I think apprentice makes sense for the game. Fingers crossed he's not insane and has joined mafia.
Gry - The play (way his posts read) feels very natural to me and I'm inclined to believe that he is town. Only one role use with no confirmation of an exact target is a peculiar admission, perhaps concerning, but we'll see what comes of that.
Erin - The play doesn't deserve being this high but Brandish does a lot of carrying through his role and supposed find. As long as Brand stays consistent and Erin doesn't fall back on the victim complex of "you people tried lynching me day 1 so you must be scum!" then I think she'll be fine and trustworthy
Marm - Vibes and good posts. Said she couldn't act N1 because conditions for her role didn't allow it which made me think Necro- and then AP dropped dead as one. It might be a game of pairs but that's a dangerous assumption to make atm. All in all, I trust our four foot zero whatever-she-is atm.
Styl - I've got Sty this low because he came out swinging hard as a doc claimer who seemed certain that he was Quack and embraced it a bit. If he was a regular doctor (of any of the sanities) then he wouldn't know for sure which makes me worry that he could be mafia- perhaps a mafia doctor to protect scums against killing roles like Kako's kamikaze bomb.
Teub - I'd throw him lower but other players are just more sus than him. Claimed Bodyguard but Holt was a bodyguard so I don't know where that leaves his claim plus I'd argue that protecting me N1 was a waste even if I'm lovable and dependable. Throw in his hyperfixation on Gry and I just don't get why he'd approach things in this manner.
Nash - Nash has dropped in my trust levels for a fair bit admittedly. The way they've handled Hider and also had a leading role in mislynching Pigeon gives me cause for concern, but they definitely have their good bits too.
dd - The man is so invisible that @GrySun is leaving him off of lists 😭 Maybe not alignment indicative but damn, he's way too under the radar.
Lawl - No hint/claim, nor any actions to speak of yet. I do like his interactions but aside from that there just isn't much else to properly trust him just yet.
James - I feel kinda bad having James at the bottom still because he's reading better today imo but there's no denying that mafia might have saved him with the late AP push yesterday. If there is a poisoner then I don't think that both he and Sty can be doc because what would be the point?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Booooooo, no excuses McBhai. Consistency is king, get on that fucking treadmill this instant and run 10km for me.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



So we started off either 10v4 or 11v3 and we're down to 7v4 or 8v3? I suppose if they poisoned both nights then that does mean 6v4 or 7v3.

Gry, do you think 2 bodyguards 2 doctors makes sense? If there's a samurai too then that might be far too much even with poisoner; I'd think it might be a 1bg 1doc 1samurai in that instance?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Gonna go and get dressed so I can go and catch the bus to band. I'll be on and off for the next hour while I travel but then I'll be afk for 3 or so while rehearsal is on and I then travel back.

Cheers,
Sam
Is nash multiple people? am i this low only because i didnt claim? my mafia self would have claimed already tbf
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Marm - Vibes and good posts. Said she couldn't act N1 because conditions for her role didn't allow it which made me think Necro- and then AP dropped dead as one. It might be a game of pairs but that's a dangerous assumption to make atm. All in all, I trust our four foot zero whatever-she-is atm.
Well...

Marm also one of the death investigating roles it seems.
No, I’m not actually
That option is off the table.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Gry assuming i am not the mafia and marm is since she is still alive who are the other three?!
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Gry, do you think 2 bodyguards 2 doctors makes sense? If there's a samurai too then that might be far too much even with poisoner; I'd think it might be a 1bg 1doc 1samurai in that instance?
Well.. Pandagame...

Personally it is certainly way too many, I'd never put that many in a game this size, even in a large game two Bodyguards is meh. But knowing Teub he is just as likely to be Bodyguard as he is likely to have lied and secretly being any other role in the world. I am not a fan.

There's Apprentice to clone a Bodyguard too lol. Idk things dont make sense but too many are trying their hardest to make it more confusing, which should in a good world be a confirmed mafia but alas..
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
or brandish is mafia with erin and they are trolling you
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Gry assuming i am not the mafia and marm is since she is still alive who are the other three?!
Well in a world where you aren't and marm is, James most likely isn't as she nearly lynched him D2. The other 3 can then only be among DD, Nash and Sam? With the odd chance of Style/Teub/Brandish tricking us.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Not quite sure where I stand yet, we're on the edge of either lynching all mafias or failing to lynch a single one all game.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Teub is playing so absurd he has to be town, so Style/Bran are more likely red than him. Not quite sure if that DD-Marm interaction above would mean DD and Marm are not together.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Do all roads for today's lynch lead back to Nash? Or one of DD-Marm.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Well I'm stepping out for a while, you all do some game solving.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
i think we need to focus on Marm
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Probably easiest mafia kill gotta start somewhere
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Votekill Marm


;-;
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,803
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Is nash multiple people?
In what I wrote? No.

am i this low only because i didnt claim? my mafia self would have claimed already tbf
Partially, combined with some activity. I do like your posts but there's a bit about you that I'm not sure about.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

i think we need to focus on Marm
What's your/the case for Marm over a James or a Nash?
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
I think I have spent too much time on Nash already for me he can go either way red or green was a bad play for either camp lol

with James he seemed scummy but his behavior makes sense to me if he is a doctor I guess but can we have samurai hider quack and doctor in the same small game? I am not sure but we are losing now and marm seemed eager to kill him I believe. If I had to pick the target I’d go with marm , because I am 90% positive she is 100% mafia at this point
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
So you guys moving off James to Marm now?

I'm getting feelings Gry is mafia
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
It had about the same logic as with Kakoha, and it's not wrong but you can't just logic the lynches. We have it all from griefers to solo players and people who just play the game differently. Kinda crucial to know the person itself from playing games with them to avoid mislynches here.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Just ignore him. Hopefully when I'm eventually dead he can enjoy what little game is left afterwards.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

You have to be an instinctual general to play these games. A Duke Hyou, if you will.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

You have to be an instinctual general to play these games. A Duke Hyou, if you will.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I do think they either poisoned twice, and Holt blocked the first poison on himself and died now, or Holt+Style combo blocked the first kill(so Style is sane) and then nobody protected Holt N2 who then again correctly guessed mafia's kill target. Maybe Style again? But would they repeat the kill after it failed?

So perhaps second option is: they tried to kill Style N1, failed, saw Holt say he targeted Style N1, and then outright killed Holt N2.

Hm but that also doesnt fit. For all they know Style is Quack and Holt is already dead/illusion so why would they risk wasting a kill on Holt?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Actually I guess they didnt know Holt was Bodyguard.
So from their pov:

N1 kill Style failed. Holt targeted Style. Must be real Doctor. Kill Holt N2.
Well holt didnt die as an illusion
 

Natasha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 11, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
598
Age
26
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Nash, slythe who did yu target ?
I hid nowhere, I don't think I'll ever be prio kill given my weak start to the game.

But this is a bit too difficult if it's already almost over. Not sure if anyone else did the numbers and is aware of it
7 v 4 or potentially 6 v 4 if we have illusions or poisoned. 4 strong mafia from the start would explain why it feels overwhelmingly difficult to get anything right.

Nash the Hider likewise I was trusting but I am running out of people to distrust over her... Being mafia together with James and Lawl kinda fits with the votes.
Do all roads for today's lynch lead back to Nash? Or one of DD-Marm.
--- Double Post Merged, 37 minutes ago ---
Well I'm stepping out for a while, you all do some game solving.
Lynch never leads back to me. But I'm also running out of people to build a team out of without having to swallow the pill that a wolf or two are in deep.

I'll be around to solve when I can today but this is my last day visiting fam so will be busy. I do, however, have a long train home for the last 5ish hours of this day so I will be here.

I'm sorry for being wrong on AP. Wish he would have at least defended himself though, James is left as a important rock unturned.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,918
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Hola, today is a better day. I'm going to reread yesterday (and today so far) first before I comment on anything going on. I was unable to follow anything properly yesterday so I probably missed a lot
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Yes that's why I didn't bother about dying if sane on mafia.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Erin I targeted you/know your role
intriguing...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

DD is so under the radar that you didn't mention him here or on your totem 😭
Just waking up now so I'll get you my trust totem once I make dinner
Wot...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

or brandish is mafia with erin and they are trolling you
Also a mafia detective is possible...
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I hid nowhere, I don't think I'll ever be prio kill given my weak start to the game.



7 v 4 or potentially 6 v 4 if we have illusions or poisoned. 4 strong mafia from the start would explain why it feels overwhelmingly difficult to get anything right.





Lynch never leads back to me. But I'm also running out of people to build a team out of without having to swallow the pill that a wolf or two are in deep.

I'll be around to solve when I can today but this is my last day visiting fam so will be busy. I do, however, have a long train home for the last 5ish hours of this day so I will be here.

I'm sorry for being wrong on AP. Wish he would have at least defended himself though, James is left as a important rock unturned.
So you gone from hider behind doc to not hiding at all?
If you ain't det or spy or something big like that, I gonna be hella disappointed.
I don't understand why you suddenly went from me to Pigeon but that saved me, so I have to thank both you and Pigeon for that. Which makes it difficult to votelynch you again, but I still don't trust you and your hider claim with your hiding targets. Or in this case, the not hiding part.
Sorry, it just feels so anti-hider.

And Pigeon didn't defended himself because he did the math and saw that I and him were tied, if he moved to me - I'm dead. If he reveals his role and someone moves away from him - I'm dead. He made the choice that Necromancer in a small game with the potential of Illusions further reducing dead bodies to be used by his role, a doc was more useful than his role.

For which I am very grateful and thankful for, but I still got no way of proving myself with my actions alone if there is no role to observe them. Heck, brand could have proven me actually. If he had followed me twice and learned my role, I'd be in the green now. Or at least more in the green.

Also a mafia detective is possible...
Literally one of the more useless mafia roles due how quickly role claim happens anyway. Also MDet in a game of 14 aka 10 towns vs 4 scums feels strange. Like there are only 10, actually 9 targets for night 1. If they have Mdet I'd be happy, basically a Vanilla Mafia role in its current form and the current gaming meta.

If they got Poisoner then I'd be far more worried about that role, because I can't protect from poison. If I am the sane version. No idea if a Quack turns a poisoned one into an Illusion or if the Illusion ability ignores the poison attempt. And seeing how Day 2 went, I ain't gonna ask in here.

I'd rather them having Mdet than Poisoner.
 

Stylether

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
151
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
🦆

So, unfortunately it seems today is way more packed than I had initially expected (and I was expecting it to be pretty busy already), and unfortunately for my schedule I'm still alive somehow, so although I'm excited to champion yet another mislynch (yay), I'll really only be able to be active in the last 3-4h of the day. On which note, since every hour counts, it seems the day started 11h ago but the timer says it's ending 12h from now, are we still getting our 24th hour or are we on daylight savings today?

Regardless, I used my 🦆 on James, the chance to have a doc-chain of perpetual immortality was too tempting.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What's your/the case for Marm over a James or a Nash?
I think I have spent too much time on Nash already for me he can go either way red or green was a bad play for either camp lol

with James he seemed scummy but his behavior makes sense to me if he is a doctor I guess but can we have samurai hider quack and doctor in the same small game? I am not sure but we are losing now and marm seemed eager to kill him I believe. If I had to pick the target I’d go with marm , because I am 90% positive she is 100% mafia at this point
Sam requested your case for Marm, and if I read it correctly, your answer is "tried to kill James". I assume that's not the entirety of your 90% sure, could you elaborate on the rest?
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
🦆

So, unfortunately it seems today is way more packed than I had initially expected (and I was expecting it to be pretty busy already), and unfortunately for my schedule I'm still alive somehow, so although I'm excited to champion yet another mislynch (yay), I'll really only be able to be active in the last 3-4h of the day. On which note, since every hour counts, it seems the day started 11h ago but the timer says it's ending 12h from now, are we still getting our 24th hour or are we on daylight savings today?

Regardless, I used my 🦆 on James, the chance to have a doc-chain of perpetual immortality was too tempting.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---





Sam requested your case for Marm, and if I read it correctly, your answer is "tried to kill James". I assume that's not the entirety of your 90% sure, could you elaborate on the rest?
You are duck doctor?
 

Stylether

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
151
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
You are duck doctor?
Your guess on my sanity is as good as mine, Holt not being an illusion when he died is promising but he could also not have been attacked, there's enough protection floating around as is. I just like assuming it's quack until proven otherwise.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top