Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #42-43 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • One Piece 1193

  • Me & Roboco 297

  • Sakamoto Days 275

  • Witch Watch 262

  • Akane-banashi 222

  • Nue's Exorcist 161

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 108

  • Ichi the Witch 98

  • Shinobi Undercover 97

  • Someone Hertz 49

  • Under Doctor 32

  • Roku's House of Oddities 22

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 20

  • Animal Signal 14

  • Hal Formula 13

  • Cannon Master 12

  • The Ura Files 3

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 2


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,391
Reaction score
39,062
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Kiaida

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2021
Messages
1,429
Reaction score
3,448
Country
United Nations
You can have a master and pupil dynamic without the kid being basically Satoru Gojo. He's also ugly and that can hurt sales, something that is sadly needed for the manga to keep going.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,391
Reaction score
39,062
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Like i said, should've made Ur a girl companion, one of the points from the online comments is also that there's no female character so far, so the author could've killed 2 birds with one 1 stone by creating a "father & daughter" type of dynamic duo.
 

LogicoftheVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2025
Messages
237
Reaction score
178
Age
43
Country
US Virgin Islands
But the thing is that online jp readers don't like the dynamic lol
if they aren't liking the character dynamics then what do they like about it? Is the JP reception for this series shit? Is it a DoA title? I quite like it, but what I like doesn't seem tonlast l I ng in jump these days.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,391
Reaction score
39,062
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
if they aren't liking the character dynamics then what do they like about it? Is the JP reception for this series shit? Is it a DoA title? I quite like it, but what I like doesn't seem tonlast l I ng in jump these days.
They like the art, the action and Bharat, like i commented the only thing online readers are not vibing with so far is Ur. Doesn't mean the series is DoA, is just what they're saying they don't like.
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Like i said, should've made Ur a girl companion, one of the points from the online comments is also that there's no female character so far, so the author could've killed 2 birds with one 1 stone by creating a "father & daughter" type of dynamic duo.
Do you remember other father x daughter manga? Other "lone wolf and the cub" type series with father and daughter.

In the West, crossing to the game genre, we had The Last for Us, for example.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,391
Reaction score
39,062
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Do you remember other father x daughter manga? Other "lone wolf and the cub" type series with father and daughter.

In the West, crossing to the game genre, we had The Last for Us, for example.
Dr. Slump
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,391
Reaction score
39,062
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
But in this case the focus is on Arare
The "father x daughter" is just the type of dynamic, it can be simply a companion that Bharat found without parents after the said war that happened and took her as a guardian or something.
 

LogicoftheVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2025
Messages
237
Reaction score
178
Age
43
Country
US Virgin Islands
You can have a master and pupil dynamic without the kid being basically Satoru Gojo. He's also ugly and that can hurt sales, something that is sadly needed for the manga to keep going.
the OP kid stronger than his mentor is what draws me to the series. I don't find Ur to be all that ugly and the character design really isn't bad.

Like i said, should've made Ur a girl companion, one of the points from the online comments is also that there's no female character so far, so the author could've killed 2 birds with one 1 stone by creating a "father & daughter" type of dynamic duo.
for me it doesn't matter if it is male or female character. Though now that you mention it there really haven't been any female characters of note.

They like the art, the action and Bharat, like i commented the only thing online readers are not vibing with so far is Ur. Doesn't mean the series is DoA, is just what they're saying they don't like.
the action in this latest chapter was done really well imo. The art is magnificent and the panaling has been a strong point as well. I'm not sure how they like Bharat without Ur tho? Again for me their relationship and the dynamics of said relationship is really the best thing the series has going on. I hope it isn’t a DoA title as I'm really liking it.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,391
Reaction score
39,062
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure how they like Bharat without Ur tho? Again for me their relationship and the dynamics of said relationship is really the best thing the series has going on. I hope it isn’t a DoA title as I'm really liking it.
Because they find the kid a bit annoying and doesn't think the manga needs the kid when Bharat himself is already strong and charismatic.
 

Shonenfan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Messages
421
Reaction score
257
Gender
Male
Country
United States
the OP kid stronger than his mentor is what draws me to the series. I don't find Ur to be all that ugly and the character design really isn't bad.

for me it doesn't matter if it is male or female character. Though now that you mention it there really haven't been any female characters of note.

the action in this latest chapter was done really well imo. The art is magnificent and the panaling has been a strong point as well. I'm not sure how they like Bharat without Ur tho? Again for me their relationship and the dynamics of said relationship is really the best thing the series has going on. I hope it isn’t a DoA title as I'm really liking it.
Ur is written too “one note” for the current JP audience. He’s like the pure 2000’s Shonen protagonist where he is super positive, cheery, naive, but stupidly strong for no reason; sort of like a flanderized Luffy/Goku archetype. JP audiences do not like that anymore as it’s too “simple” and unrealistic; they need a hook if they are. Right now, it’s more in for the battle Shonen protagonist to be more serious. All Ur is doing is basically just repeating the same stuff about how great the master is and falling for all of his tricks. I was little tired of the trope before the last chapter and I tend to overlook a lot in fantasy adventure series.

I think a good chapter 7/volume 1 cliffhanger would be to make Ur a girl though. Very easy to retcon and would differentiate Ur more from the flanderized archetype.
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ur might be genderless if he's (they're) actually part-Regilith or part-"demon".
 

Jorden Rivera

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
392
Reaction score
724
Age
29
Country
United States
I don’t feel like Ur is a big enough problem to get this much of a reaction from people. Most people just seem to be upset that he’s powerful, but A: he clearly can’t control it properly yet so it’s not like he’s unbeatable, B: we’ve only seen him fight two Regiliths and there are going to be more powerful ones (not to mention the demons), and C: him being that strong is clearly part of the story and is gonna be explained.

All in all, we’re only five chapters in, I think people are overreacting. Everything else about this series goes so hard. The character designs are sick, the backgrounds and cityscapes look beautiful, the power system hasn’t been fully explored but it looks good so far, and (as the most recent chapter showed) the fight choreography is also great.
 
Last edited:

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
1,978
Reaction score
1,631
Age
36
Country
Australia
Speaking about cute little girl character.... anyone noticed Char has completely disappeared/irrelevant since Sojo arc? Probably Hokazono was experimenting giving Chihiro an "Imouto" to balance the cast. But it did not work because a lot of people find her annoying (at least the EN online side, idk Japan).

Kagurabachi hardly has any female character in a "traditional trio". Which I like and works. I think KGB works better as a BL bait full of handsome men surrounding Chihiro. I think Takeru may have tried to have a "proper" FMC now with Iori, but it remains to be seen how relevant she will be / if she sticks around more often. The problem is that Iori come waaaay too late when people are already comfortable with Chihiro solo or trio with Shiba/Hakuri. And I also hope Iori does not become cliche love interest (it is just so forced??? She works better as her own person instead of getting delegated to love interest)
 

FantasticFootno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
878
Country
United States
Speaking about cute little girl character.... anyone noticed Char has completely disappeared/irrelevant since Sojo arc? Probably Hokazono was experimenting giving Chihiro an "Imouto" to balance the cast. But it did not work because a lot of people find her annoying (at least the EN online side, idk Japan).

Kagurabachi hardly has any female character in a "traditional trio". Which I like and works. I think KGB works better as a BL bait full of handsome men surrounding Chihiro. I think Takeru may have tried to have a "proper" FMC now with Iori, but it remains to be seen how relevant she will be / if she sticks around more often. The problem is that Iori come waaaay too late when people are already comfortable with Chihiro solo or trio with Shiba/Hakuri. And I also hope Iori does not become cliche love interest (it is just so forced??? She works better as her own person instead of getting delegated to love interest)
I mean thats just a symptom of the larger problem of the supporting cast being pretty poor. You can feel it worst during the samura arc when its literally just chihiro and those 3 mob characters from samura's guard + iori. And clearly he tried to rectify it with introducing a bajillion characters within the invasion arc, but that just created a new problem of that arc being pretty bad/underbaked lol.
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Speaking about cute little girl character.... anyone noticed Char has completely disappeared/irrelevant since Sojo arc? Probably Hokazono was experimenting giving Chihiro an "Imouto" to balance the cast. But it did not work because a lot of people find her annoying (at least the EN online side, idk Japan).

Kagurabachi hardly has any female character in a "traditional trio". Which I like and works. I think KGB works better as a BL bait full of handsome men surrounding Chihiro. I think Takeru may have tried to have a "proper" FMC now with Iori, but it remains to be seen how relevant she will be / if she sticks around more often. The problem is that Iori come waaaay too late when people are already comfortable with Chihiro solo or trio with Shiba/Hakuri. And I also hope Iori does not become cliche love interest (it is just so forced??? She works better as her own person instead of getting delegated to love interest)
Hakuri plays the girl role in KGB for now.
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
1,978
Reaction score
1,631
Age
36
Country
Australia
Hakuri plays the girl role in KGB for now.
I am a believer of bottom Chihiro though

/jk
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I mean thats just a symptom of the larger problem of the supporting cast being pretty poor. You can feel it worst during the samura arc when its literally just chihiro and those 3 mob characters from samura's guard + iori. And clearly he tried to rectify it with introducing a bajillion characters within the invasion arc, but that just created a new problem of that arc being pretty bad/underbaked lol.
Naaaah do not insult Ro, Sumi and Moku. I love them so much and they were one of the highlight in the arc.
 

FantasticFootno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
878
Country
United States
Naaaah do not insult Ro, Sumi and Moku. I love them so much and they were one of the highlight in the arc.
Well, maybe to superfans they are, but that reveal of them coming in like a big calvary moment was personally one of the biggest misses I can think of Hokazono having. They were not only severely underdeveloped, but their names and appearances all blended together into a big, boring, amorphous blob. Like even now I'm struggling to picture what they even did, and I'm in the middle of a reread before bachi's return.
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
774
Reaction score
1,234
Age
25
Country
United States
Speaking about cute little girl character.... anyone noticed Char has completely disappeared/irrelevant since Sojo arc? Probably Hokazono was experimenting giving Chihiro an "Imouto" to balance the cast. But it did not work because a lot of people find her annoying (at least the EN online side, idk Japan).

Kagurabachi hardly has any female character in a "traditional trio". Which I like and works. I think KGB works better as a BL bait full of handsome men surrounding Chihiro. I think Takeru may have tried to have a "proper" FMC now with Iori, but it remains to be seen how relevant she will be / if she sticks around more often. The problem is that Iori come waaaay too late when people are already comfortable with Chihiro solo or trio with Shiba/Hakuri. And I also hope Iori does not become cliche love interest (it is just so forced??? She works better as her own person instead of getting delegated to love interest)
I would argue 2 big points for Char’s functional absence from the story since Sojo arc. One is mechanical: having a heal bot on hand that can regenerate any injuries the MC takes after the battle removes a level of gravity from the fights. The other is more grounded; Char is 4, and does not need to spend a ton of time hanging out with a guy who is actively on a mission for revenge/disabling dangerous weapons. Compound that with the fact that Chihiro has functionally had no public-roaming down-time since the start of the Sword Bearer Assassination Arc and it makes a lot of sense why Char would not appear.

If we’re talking other female characters though, the main discussion becomes Hiyuki, and in her case I think it was a matter of her being too strong to introduce into the chaos of everything. I do hope we still get something for why she wasn’t able to make it, if there was only time for the call to reach Shiba or she just literally couldn’t make it in time between the comms being unlocked and the end of the fight (Shiba only made it that fast since he can just warp, and the fight was feasibly little more than like 10 minutes after that before all was said and done).

For the remaining girls, Iori after her emotional stuff did not play a part in the remainder of the arc until the end since she had no business on that frontline, and with the introduction of Kiri we seemed to have settled into a mode of “you will get one important female ally at a time and nothing more”.

While I have minimal expectations for Char (and Hinao too honestly, but it’s still very possible to see her again if Taco wants to), I have no doubt that both Iori and Hiyuki will play big roles in part 2, and I’m sure Kiri will be around to do things as well.
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
3,834
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
Sumi has such a cute design I hope we see more of her with all the Iori stuff that's inevitably going to happen after the flashback.
 
Top