Fun Thread The Last Person to Post Wins - Ichiban Kasuga

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
4,677
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
Good lists. :super
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

 

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
3,651
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Good lists. :super
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

i actually looked for breaker but other things kept coming so i gave up, and except naruto, i have no idea about your list :D The orange haired person in Yu YU Hakusho reminded me Rurouni Kenshin, and Battle Angel Alita felt like Casca from Berserk.
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
4,677
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
i actually looked for breaker but other things kept coming so i gave up, and except naruto, i have no idea about your list :D The orange haired person in Yu YU Hakusho reminded me Rurouni Kenshin, and Battle Angel Alita felt like Casca from Berserk.

Yu Yu Hakusho surprisingly has different layers to it, as do most classic manga from 1990s. It starts out seeming like a kids story but by the time the dark tournament rolls around things get brutal and graphic. (The orange haired person on the cover of that img is the main characters female love interest.)

Battle Angel Alita was way ahead of its time and deals with AI, machines taking over, etc. It is very brutal, graphic and disturbing. Yet raises interesting questions and has a unique story to tell.

There is a character from YYK named Hiei who Masashi Kishimoto partially based Sasuke Uchiha after. Etc.

Also know how Vegeta holds his left arm when he's injured? That is a reference to Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star).

Mangakas recycle a lot of stuff.
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
4,677
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
Dem sum great manga series y'all mentioned. 👌 👏 👀 🙌 . Ive seen / read some if not most of dem.

Same.

Interesting, Teubier and Arrow both listed Vagabond.

I always wanted to read that but never got around to it.

*Slacker*
 

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
3,651
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Same.

Interesting, Teubier and Arrow both listed Vagabond.

I always wanted to read that but never got around to it.

*Slacker*
Vegabond had a very interesting feeling, I did not finish it though, I got bored at the point where Musashi simply was wandering off and keeping low profile in farms or whatnot..
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
4,677
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
Vegabond had a very interesting feeling, I did not finish it though, I got bored at the point where Musashi simply was wandering off and keeping low profile in farms or whatnot..

Musashi is famous for being something like 60 wins - 0 losses in duels to the death.

Famous for killing opponents wielding swords using wooden oars, etc.

I read his "Book of 5 Rings" very interesting.


⚔
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

:hi
Good morning peeps! Happy Monday. Rain is supposed to stop around 8 'fingers crossed 🤞 '.
Gots things to do you know? Let's gooooooh!

Aw, yehs.

Not getting much done here, constant rain, all the time.



🌧
 

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
3,651
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Musashi is famous for being something like 60 wins - 0 losses in duels to the death.

Famous for killing opponents wielding swords using wooden oars, etc.

I read his "Book of 5 Rings" very interesting.
Me too, and he was strongly influenced on Buddhist teachings on that as well. He should have some other books but I don't know them. The only problem of him is that no student of his was able to learn a nonnegligible thing from him, so it eludes me how much of a good teacher he is, and consequently, the extent of significant things from his style reflected on his books. I would like to have more absolute correct things, records about his life and encounters/style.
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
665
Reaction score
2,433
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Damn I keep thinking @scav is back when I see arrows 🏹 browness.
I think I saw scav react to a profile post recently, was nice seeing him around, was one of the old members I recalled from my first stint in MH.

And regarding the manga Vagabond, it is a masterpiece imho. Inoue at his best. The art is sublime. The humanly aspect is sensational. I love the Musashi / Sasaki stories.
It doesn't get better than this.

Vegabond had a very interesting feeling, I did not finish it though, I got bored at the point where Musashi simply was wandering off and keeping low profile in farms or whatnot..
I still liked those parts as well. Unfortunately I stopped collecting at some point so I haven't finished it either, but I will, definitely. Too good of a read to never finish it. If only for the quality of the art.

 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
4,677
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
Me too, and he was strongly influenced on Buddhist teachings on that as well. He should have some other books but I don't know them. The only problem of him is that no student of his was able to learn a nonnegligible thing from him, so it eludes me how much of a good teacher he is, and consequently, the extent of significant things from his style reflected on his books. I would like to have more absolute correct things, records about his life and encounters/style.

afaik, Musashi's thing was sharpening focus every second of every day. Leveraging rather than deviating from natural principles. Etc.

But yeah he himself admits -it is possible- his opponents were not that skilled. There probably wasn't anything resembling structured or balanced training in those days. It may have been a lot like the early days of UFC where a lot of people didn't know how to train properly. And so the skill gap was a lot larger than one might expect.

Musashi also was known to show up late for duels. Which had to mess with his opponents heads, to say the least.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And regarding the manga Vagabond, it is a masterpiece imho. Inoue at his best. The art is sublime. The humanly aspect is sensational. I love the Musashi / Sasaki stories.
It doesn't get better than this.

Yeh. The art is really good.

In that video you posted as well.
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
665
Reaction score
2,433
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
Broke a tooth. Down.
Doesn't hurt. Up.
 
Top