Games Mafia Game 144 - Pan the Diver - Day 4

@40m - How far will you dive? (top 2 answers win)


  • Total voters
    4
  • This poll will close: .

Lumii?!

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 19, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
40
Country
France
feels lile
Some early-ish analysis:
  • Tatsu - said she is fine diving wherever but picked the deep dive option in poll. Did not post much at all and thus also not shared anything about her role/s yet.
  • Holt - only thing he said so far is that he is fine with the current depth(the top). But not sure why he then votes for diving 80m, as this will descend us(albeit not immediately).
  • Pompom - said she doesn't like much either of her two roles but prefers shallow depth. Is either PAAP or APPA.
  • Mazino - only said he prefers the middle depth.
  • Snehal - he was a bit too afraid of bad attention perhaps? Because he immediately backed down and apologized when Sam looked at him scary. Bit unnatural, not like there's any reason to be this on edge is there? Hm.
  • Val - wants to dive deep. Said a couple of things but too hard to string together into a role hint for now, but interesting posts to look back on maybe.
  • Erin - interestingly is only passive roles, 2 of which are vanilla town. The Sam placeholder feels a bit forced/out of the blue, to my eyes.
  • DD - said absolutely nothing of value, even tiptoeing around his roles and what he has. Sus imo.
  • Style - most notably, in favor of flopping along on the surface of the ocean. Hasn't said anything else particularly noteworthy, but like Val left some detached comments about his role that could look like something when revisiting it later with his claim side by side.
  • Shino - ABAB pattern, prefers her B role and wants to dive to it. Accepted at first that we're staying at the top but then started being very annoyed/antagonistic towards us non divers? I dont agree with her reasoning about it being bad to stay at the same depth level/surface, but I get that she wants her role that's deeper. Overall non alignment indicative stuff with her, unless we want to see the urge for unlocking her better role as a town thing.
  • arrow - PAAP. Doesnt seem too insistent on reaching his active A roles. Hasn't voted in the poll at all so far? Perhaps a bit strange. I do think he sounds like how he played last game as town, fwiw.
  • Lumi - has 3 different roles, so unlike the norm. Pattern is PAAP. Said he prefers staying up, and later said he prefers his first role(the passive one) which is interesting as active roles tend to be more fun and interesting. Trusted Nash-tasha and voted DD.
  • Natasha - A fellow APPA. Trusting her is extremely risky and trying to analyze posts nearly futile endeavor. I'll still risk it and say she is green, comes across as trying/putting in some solving efforts. Only shaky thing is - why does she trust me? Said it's my strong claim but my claim wasn't strong at all, only detailed.
  • Dego - not sure what to think of him. I agree with many of his thoughts, and yet he feels... lukewarm? Voted me as he said he would but the passion seems lacking. PPAP is a bit of an oddity among the currently shared patterns. Maybe has spread more uncertainty/suspicions than seen who he can trust?
  • Sam - has 3 different roles. Thats about as much as I'm gonna read into Sam this early. As usual seems committed and all, so easy green read but need to be wary.
should we update this
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
You both have 3 passive roles with one active. Could it be a weird tango dance between a mafia bomb who can defuse on a certain depth vs a townie bomb who can defuse on a certain depth?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

TI is Town Info or Town Investigative.

And thanks for the answer, even if "it depends" is not exactly the most instructive of answers, it did clear it up :fan
I mean, if there is no downside to sharing what you have - why not?

The only thing close to a "meta" we have is to not share Detective results without at least 2 results(though even then some aussies try to do something unique that ends horribly). All other roles just depends on when you are fine becoming known to mafia. Like a spy can choose to reveal immediately that panda targeted someone, or not do it til it matters(like panda saying he targeted someone else).
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,777
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
You both have 3 passive roles with one active. Could it be a weird tango dance between a mafia bomb who can defuse on a certain depth vs a townie bomb who can defuse on a certain depth?
Yes, it can be

I've figured I had to defuse a mafia bomb since the get-go which is why I said dego had slipped when I correctly identified him
 

Stylether

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
150
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
You both have 3 passive roles with one active. Could it be a weird tango dance between a mafia bomb who can defuse on a certain depth vs a townie bomb who can defuse on a certain depth?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I mean, if there is no downside to sharing what you have - why not?

The only thing close to a "meta" we have is to not share Detective results without at least 2 results(though even then some aussies try to do something unique that ends horribly). All other roles just depends on when you are fine becoming known to mafia. Like a spy can choose to reveal immediately that panda targeted someone, or not do it til it matters(like panda saying he targeted someone else).
Why 2? Is it cause of sanity?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,145
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I'm more interested in the non DD voters, those that knew very early that DD would be a mislynch and positioned themselves accordingly.
i agree with that but im not fine at all with dd voters especially after his claims, sthough when im back from work ill check votes too
 

Degojaru

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 9, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
102
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
So the thing there is we don't know how many bombs are there... I think we are 1 defuser in each team so Sam might be a mafia
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

yeah please me too, did i miss something ?
Sam thinks I'm a mafia bomb because my roles are P-P-A-P and he's P-A-P-P. That's why he's saying I slipped
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,145
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
It was hard trusting the claim as genuine after all that.
Ok i get that but when its role as important as spy and det you give benefit of the doubt and go for someone else, don't you think ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So the thing there is we don't know how many bombs are there... I think we are 1 defuser in each team so Sam might be a mafia
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Sam thinks I'm a mafia bomb because my roles are P-P-A-P and he's P-A-P-P. That's why he's saying I slipped
sorry please, could you summazize what you claimed, you re bomb right ? so either one of you or sam is lying about their afiliation ?
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,777
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
So the thing there is we don't know how many bombs are there... I think we are 1 defuser in each team so Sam might be a mafia
I am the town defuser so we're either both town or you're a red that's been shaken up after I correctly identified you who I'm supposed to defuse d1 🗿 Happy to entertain the 2 town action but its taken you a long time to come around and actually start discussing it while I've been abundantly clear about it.

If its both of us as towns then mafia must be enjoying this, but I would say that I'm known to be a pretty aggressive town player at times much to my own harm 🗿

Sam thinks I'm a mafia bomb because my roles are P-P-A-P and he's P-A-P-P. That's why he's saying I slipped
Yes, I think you're likely a mafia bomb but bomb at the least. You have the mirror of my pattern so I know you're my other half in this game. Its just a question of whether its two town bombs or if I'm town and you're a mafia bomb. The fact you voted me means you want to press the issue which is a red flag, rather than letting us both go at each other when we dive deeper while working to lynch scum correctly in the day.

I just think you trying to make it a me v you lynch situation when it can be something for later down the road or a break glass in case of emergency for town puts you in a poorer light
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
feels lile


should we update this
Bit early to update it, a bit later this day.

Any thoughts on people you wanna share?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Why 2? Is it cause of sanity?
Yeah, until you know your sanity it is useless to only give one name. You can risk it all on assuming your guilty is a guilty, but success not guaranteed...
 

Degojaru

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 9, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
102
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
sorry please, could you summazize what you claimed, you re bomb right ? so either one of you or sam is lying about their afiliation ?
Aah shit, I would prefer hiding but now it's nearly impossible, yeah I'm a townie bomb and a bomb defuser
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
i agree with that but im not fine at all with dd voters especially after his claims, sthough when im back from work ill check votes too
Thats fair, the lynch was a mistake but consider that DD decided to lie which made his position bad. Townies ideally never lie.
 

Degojaru

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 9, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
102
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I don't know if Sam is a Mafia Bomb but I think he's mafia defuser, so it's up to you thinking if we are both townie defusers or not
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Aah shit, I would prefer hiding but now it's nearly impossible, yeah I'm a townie bomb and a bomb defuser
Thoughts on my dance comment of mafia and town bombs with a defuser in their pockets
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I am not confident in lynching either sam or dego today so maybe thats better left for later? Hm
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,777
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I am not confident in lynching either sam or dego today so maybe thats better left for later? Hm
That is what I argued to him

This doesn't need to be a me v him situation; him voting me looks he wants that :hmm

I reckon I've been very clear on me being the town defuser since day 1 though
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
That is what I argued to him

This doesn't need to be a me v him situation; him voting me looks he wants that :hmm

I reckon I've been very clear on me being the town defuser since day 1 though
Yeah if I had to lynch someone of you two I'd lean towards him, but maybe we can do better for this day phase
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Especially since someone exploding in the lynch could add to the troubles
 

Degojaru

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 9, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
102
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
That is what I argued to him

This doesn't need to be a me v him situation; him voting me looks he wants that :hmm

I reckon I've been very clear on me being the town defuser since day 1 though
I'll change my vote if see another clearly lynch, so need to figure what others thinks.
I was trying to hide my bomb and not revealing all my roles too early
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah if I had to lynch someone of you two I'd lean towards him
What more I can expect coming of a traitor? Jk
 

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,547
Reaction score
3,743
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
He claimed at #169 im nterested in those who voted upon him after he claimed



5x DD - Nash #90 #182, Lumi #105, Gry #153, Slyth #199, Arrow #224


​
@Natasha @Stylether @arrowofsky care to explain ?
I am a bit tired of explaining why I voted for DD yesterday. Here I go again:
-> He acted exactly like in MG 143 with random voting someone at the very beginning and posting so less.
-> When people, including me, asked about these he either ignored or completely ambiguously answered things, and evaded some. (Up to this point it seems it is his usual town play)
-> After seeing votes accumulated for him he claimed role. It definitely sounded to me like he was trying to buy time but I was not sure about role claim case so I did not base my judgement.
-> As you can see I am the last voter against him, as I kept waiting for him to answer my question but all he did was "Aaaaah I was being keeled" or such.

I think there are always some townpeople players who never contribute discussions, never be around and ocassionally gave some ambigous statements. This is an informed minority vs. uninformed majority game and any town person should be a bit responsible about this. Otherwise, in my opinion, it is intentional bad playing, and rl business excuse is a bit off as no one is really forced to register a MG game.

Anyway, I am AFK for a while but be back with some talkative people analyses here.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Btw, @Copy Panda , i think nothing happens in any depth? I thought we might gain or lose some roles or have some extra things depending on where we dive, as can be understood, nothing changed for me at night phase.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,777
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
maybe we can do better for this day phase
We absolutely can, there's what, more than half the phase to go? More than enough time to find a better route

fwiw I had 3 people vote for me across yday: Erin, Shino, Snehal. The latter two only came after I outed myself as defuser and neither offered good reasoning as to why. Feels like Snehal followed Shino after I put heat on dego?
 

Degojaru

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 9, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
102
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
We absolutely can, there's what, more than half the phase to go? More than enough time to find a better route
Would you be able to reveal your roles like I did? U only claimed being defuser in ur unique active role
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It isn't enought for me saying "same of you but inverse"
 
Top