Games Mafia Game 144 - Pan the Diver - Night 3

0m - To what Depths shall we dive? (top 2 answers win) (one option, anon)

  • Ascend 20m

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ascend 30m

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ascend 40m

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Dive 40m

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Dive 60m

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Dive 80m

    Votes: 4 36.4%

  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Dive deeper, let me defuse the pipebomb in his ass, and then safely lynch d3 if successful is one course
But he would surely not be a bomb during cycles where you aren't defuser, so he should be safely lynchable? Unless.. maybe there is some dynamic where you wanna go deep to defuse him and he wants to stay above to prevent you from doing it, while himself being Mafia Bomb during each of his passive cycles?

But defusing correctly is difficult already as is, to need to also hit the right cycle timing is pretty rough, and your role only works on 1 out of the 4 cycles?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dive deeper
Sadly I turn into vanilla townie if we go deeper, and I absolutely do not want any small chance of being Sleeper and recruited on days where I could be it. Let me be town for once.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
But he would surely not be a bomb during cycles where you aren't defuser, so he should be safely lynchable? Unless.. maybe there is some dynamic where you wanna go deep to defuse him and he wants to stay above to prevent you from doing it, while himself being Mafia Bomb during each of his passive cycles?

But defusing correctly is difficult already as is, to need to also hit the right cycle timing is pretty rough, and your role only works on 1 out of the 4 cycles?
Mafia bomb at multiple levels and we have to get him on the right one or we pay the price? I think so
 

Degojaru

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 9, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
97
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Sadly I turn into vanilla townie if we go deeper, and I absolutely do not want any small chance of being Sleeper and recruited on days where I could be it. Let me be town for once.
There is a possibility of strong deep role mafia to start killing surface voters?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Of the ones that didn't vote DD, most notable and suspect to me are: Pompom, shino, Snahel and Val. Dego too I suppose but he is having other issues surrounding him.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
🗿if you get recruited again you owe me more chocolate
I mean it would be not on me, I'm trying to keep myself afloat here and swim up.

He claimed at #169 im nterested in those who voted upon him after he claimed



5x DD - Nash #90 #182, Lumi #105, Gry #153, Slyth #199, Arrow #224


​
@Natasha @Stylether @arrowofsky care to explain ?
Hi Erin, just wanna ask for some info from you if you can share.

1. Whether you voted for ascending/diving last day, and overall which depth you'd prefer to be in for your role/s.
2. What is your pattern(we have things like APPA for active-passive-passive-active), vast majority of players already shared theirs and you are one of few left we dont know it for.
3. Sam claimed Defuser, Degojaru is very likely Bomb. What do you make of these 2? Both town or are they the mafia vs town pair where one must defuse the other, and which one would you think it is. Mafia defuser with town bomb or town defuser with mafia bomb?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Of those, Shino and snahel are a bit dubious imo.
Not pom? I think between these Pom is most sus to me currently, mainly that shino did a bit better explaining her relation to DD/his hints and her defending, whereas Pom has a lot of cases of very lightly trusting some people over little to nothing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Though maybe I'm wrong, I do recall mafia Pom being a bit more active but dunno
 

89_Snehal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 19, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
20
Age
23
Country
India
Damn , so much text , I have few questions tho , how everyone was convinced to vote dd :scry , why majority votes for ascending if our job is to explore the sea
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
Based on what exactly. You wanted me to lock and lynch you last day? My thoughts were pretty transparent all along.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Who you trust and distrust is like the complete opposite from me. I still can't accept your "i trust shinos guts" D1, way too early and quickly to townread shino when she was largely shifty and almost ended up as the lynch, The DD defense when it was too early as well.
I'll ask you the same thing, based on what exactly? My thoughts were pretty transparent all along! Was it my desire to dive deeper, or me discussing alternating between depths, or refusing to vote DD that you found "largely shifty"? And the DD defense was the same to me, even if DD didn't correct himself later! The idea of lynching the spy/det claimer in d1 was a NO!

And I told you this yesterday, yet here you are repeating the same thing. You also made it sound that asking to dive deeper is sus behavior. And alternating depths is sus behavior. These were your arguments! It's this what I found sus about you, and ofc voting the spy/det.
 

Stylether

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
142
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
So, before I start my morning catch up, I just wanted to ask some meta info for this community:

In the hypothetical situation a TI has non-incriminating information on someone else, do they just mention it as soon as they get it, or sit on it until it becomes relevant?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'll ask you the same thing, based on what exactly? My thoughts were pretty transparent all along! Was it my desire to dive deeper, or me discussing alternating between depths, or refusing to vote DD that you found "largely shifty"? And the DD defense was the same to me, even if DD didn't correct himself later! The idea of lynching the spy/det claimer in d1 was a NO!

And I told you this yesterday, yet here you are repeating the same thing. You also made it sound that asking to dive deeper is sus behavior. And alternating depths is sus behavior. These were your arguments! It's this what I found sus about you, and ofc voting the spy/det.
A lot to unpack here.

First, the answer to my question - You didn't like my D1 because:

You also made it sound that asking to dive deeper is sus behavior. And alternating depths is sus behavior. These were your arguments!
Do give me the quotes on that because I absolutely don't remember me making these arguments?

and ofc voting the spy/det.
So back to the other question of mine you didn't answer - so you would have rather I switch and votelock on you instead? Because those were my 2 options, you were the main other person many would consider switching to(but ended up not). And then you also do some faux uprage at Mazino voting you. So did you want DD saved or did you want you not voted? I fail to see your position, other than just wanting to complain.

I'll ask you the same thing, based on what exactly? My thoughts were pretty transparent all along!
Based on what we discussed D1 that you never gave me a satisfying answer to.

1. You suddenly shifted from being fine with us staying on the surface..

Looking at the poll it seems we'll be at the surface depth the next night and day phases, and I'll be at my A role.
..to looking for fault within those that want to stay at surface:

Style and Gry, are your surface roles that important that you're doing the math on how to prevent the deep dive in the next day phase? :hmm
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

9 out of 16 players voted to ascend 40, they can't all be town.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Actually yup, I'm starting to dislike that "town wants the surface roles more" idea.
But this was still a minor thing that I concluded as just you not wanting to never reach your preferred role:

I get that she wants her role that's deeper
My bigger issue with you came after all that.

2. Trusting DD despite his fumble.

When asked about it, you essentially just reinforced the idea that you didn't care about the fumble(how??) and only focused on his claimed roles, which I don't buy. Claiming investigative role isn't a get out of jail free card especially if the person is found to be lying.
At that point in time only mafias would know DD is town, til he elaborated later that he was lying. And then when I mentioned it you were even saying "I'm not defending him" which is just false...

------

So yeah, my issues with you were minor, then they were bigger. Your issues with me are... things I never said + voting DD who was lying. How easy it must be from a mafia pov to avoid lynching wrong, but I don't have that luxury this game.

That said despite all that I did not feel comfortable enough switching from DD to you, and even this day I don't suspect you enough to be a lynch I'd push for, but you are wrong on me so either your instincts aren't doing so well this game or you're not on my alignment.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

So, before I start my morning catch up, I just wanted to ask some meta info for this community:

In the hypothetical situation a TI has non-incriminating information on someone else, do they just mention it as soon as they get it, or sit on it until it becomes relevant?
What's a TI?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Generally people share info when it serves a purpose. Either to make yourself look greener, or to help see another player greener or redder, or because the info overall helps understand something that's got many people confused.

So the answer is "it depends"
 

Lumii?!

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 19, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
37
Country
France
would be nice to have as much as info as we could tho:nerd
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,130
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I'm a defuser,
Hi Erin, just wanna ask for some info from you if you can share.

1. Whether you voted for ascending/diving last day, and overall which depth you'd prefer to be in for your role/s.
2. What is your pattern(we have things like APPA for active-passive-passive-active), vast majority of players already shared theirs and you are one of few left we dont know it for.
3. Sam claimed Defuser, Degojaru is very likely Bomb. What do you make of these 2? Both town or are they the mafia vs town pair where one must defuse the other, and which one would you think it is. Mafia defuser with town bomb or town defuser with mafia bomb?
im passive one of my role is like holt just townie , pattern is abba both roles are passive, i didnt vote yesterday misse the yesterday great part of day,.

i ll check dego claims , posts, i dont feel specifically supicious, bout him, sam could be legit townie defuser or mafia defuser. did dego claimed bomb ? let me see his posts
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

otherwise my most supicious is those 3 i highlighted earlier, and most likely one of them will be my vote, unless we get more info, reveals.
 
Top