Games Mafia Game 144 - Pan the Diver - End Game

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,561
Reaction score
3,838
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Thinking about how i used this username for so many years and yet never had a Vali pfp, hopefully like this less people will confuse it with a satanic ship :XD @GrySun
At least I did not consider it like that when I saw first, but Lucifer is a fairly new word for me compared to western people so that might be it :)
 

Stylether

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
151
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
I loved the concept & theme! You & Marmsy hit gold with the vibes on this one 💗
Absolutely, loved the 4 role split, loved the diving that we definitely totally did a lot of, the events were a great touch too.

🐠
 

Kakoha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 21, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
1,013
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Tunisia
Good game, well played townies, it was very close ! you guys were unlucky with some coin flips that might have given you the win ! unfortunate

thank you hosts @Copy Panda and @Marmalade for the game and for reaching out to me for the sub ! it was a very fun game, even tho it wasn't planned.
thank you for my teammates @Stylether @Lady pompom @Lumii?! , you guys played very good ! :grin2

tbf, I felt like I wasn't able to post as much as I would have wanted to, 50 posts in 3 days is kinda underwhelming. but I was very busy, I tried my best honestly :sweatdrop
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kako showed his true colours (red) with his throwaway vote on you yesterday. The fact he then doubled down with a lock meant that if Pom switched onto you, you would have been mislynched and then maf kill at night for the win. Very unlikely for him to not be scum after that imo
Maf having the blocker mskes sense
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,231
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Thanks @Copy Panda @Marmalade for the game itw as pretty cute, interesting mech, i was just like a ghost, sorry about that i did my best o participate as much as i could but couldnt follow properly, I had more work, projects and stuff that kept adding and was unfortunate on many things like new subway eperirmenting that keep getting technical issues and keeps being out of service, its really a pain. My only positive contribution was at least to be right about Slyth boi.

Congrats to the winner, but just wait, next time a better me will play hopefully.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

ah if i didnt die early i would have lynchedkako for sure, the boi has such an evil aura, cant remember when he was even town lmao :teehee
 

Vali x lucifer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2021
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
5,711
Age
28
Country
Italy
I used to think about this a lot :XD.
Actually a few months ago i contemplated about waiting for a top 10 hottest male Anime characters, putting Vali at n.1 for comedic effect in case someone missed the connection, but the latest allegations made me reevaluate the timing :XD
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,811
Gender
Female
Country
China



Different dangers at different depths was the main idea here. The highest and lowest depths focused on investigative, information-based interactions, whereas the middle, transitional depths focused on navigating dangers with bombs. Despite the game featuring myriad bombs, just one was defused, and none went off. In that sense, the mafia had a relatively pleasant early game because they avoided detection at night and played along nicely during the day. Overall, despite the depth mechanic, the game was low on role-heaviness. The game I desired revolved around a few types of interactions at every depth. I anticipated that early detective deaths might inspire the player base to sink to a more defensive type of depth.

The regular gameplay loop of Dave involves diving with basic equipment, but finding weapons and upgrades underwater. The plentiful vanilla roles here represented those empty item slots that could be filled in through the various events that occurred throughout the game. We prepared three events that worked through the anon poll, but basically, around game start, I realised that blues could see the results (Holt) and could more or less nullify the anonymity of this event. I temporarily resolved to let the game continue without the events, but when Holtish died early, after some internal debate, I judged we could carry on with them anyway.

The events, too, mirror an aspect of the game: occasionally, at night, a character in the game (Sato? I believe) will prompt you into action to take on these temporary bosses. Despite the rather sudden aspect of it, I thought it was fun that the players had to make an extra decision that had to do with much the same diving mechanic that's been used anyway. In this sense, I thought it would have been an interesting way to potentially shake up an otherwise stable situation that either team was comfortable with. Generally, I aimed for options to be mutually beneficial or harmful (e.g. Lovers! ❤ ). The only exception to this would have been the final event, which was just Troublemaker to close out the game.

I chose this type of set-up, meaning role composition and events, in large part because I thought it would be fun for the noobies! There were no complicated roles; the base roles chosen would teach them about the basic value of detectives and doctors, the risks posed to both sides when it came to killing roles, how one-time use roles worked and how role flips at the end of the phase might not always be reliable. Furthermore, any newer or complicated role introduced through the mechanic could either be explained by the players, me or the role list, should they be so curious. At any rate, by introducing the information piecemeal, I figured it would be less overwhelming to take in.

The noobies played a great game tbh. Except for Snail, who pretty much went afk, all the other noobies were active, involved, even leading lynches. Lumi, of course, as mafia, was very strong. But the others, too, were strong contributors. Arrow and Dego voiced many townie arguments and balanced out the rather ecstatic Sam (who was enjoyable but wrong); Vali held onto Doc for as long as they reasonably could, and Style (insofar he's still an mhmg noobie), I don't think I'd have ever voted out that day lol. I'm very happy you guys played and hope to see you all back in my games in the future!

Special thanks again to my cute mascot hosty! The avatar and additional art all contributed to the underwater adventure vibe. She even added cute bear ears to my avi! And to Klauspan! She hasn't beaten him yet. No surprise given her gaming skills :heh Lastly, thanks again to Konoha, who managed to sub in during my bearly time of need 🐼 🦀 Thanks for playing, all!​
 
Top