Archived The Hang Out Thread v.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
:comfort hope ur feeling much better. what's pendejos btw? I know its spanish :smile-big
ask mugen or ryk. they dont mind swearing in english in here as much as i do.
i used to be about to access wifi at my home but all of my neighbors have password locked it. party poopers. maybe i should move into your neighborhood?
wut type of encryption? i kow places where you can learn to break certain types of encyrption...

gh, i have to hand the computer back over. i prolly wont be back for an hour or two. i've you guys are still on, ill talk to you then. lilly-kun, you are on winter break now, right?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
what are one-shots? :sweat are they short manga or something? that's what it sounds like... :sweat hehe

btw, :wtf y don't u have a thread yet bb? :wtf
one shots are about 30-70 pages long. Yeah, short stories. But I must warn you, short stories aren't likeable from the start. It's an acquired taste. You have to get used to them a lot before you get to really appreciate them. Well I took a short story writing course so I got to really love one - shots.

it's okay, babe. i'm going shopping with gdup for one day. we have all eternity to shop <3
kyaaahahaha! alright! we'll shop for shoes. ehehe.
*&*

:hug thansk!!! my goal by the end of next year is 2000!!!! :XD
I thought you said "by the end of the year" and I thought, woah, serious spam mode! hahaha.

gh, i have to hand the computer back over. i prolly wont be back for an hour or two. i've you guys are still on, ill talk to you then. lilly-kun, you are on winter break now, right?
I won't be for today and tonight, I think. I have to do some MAJOR cleaning in the house, and I have to go to our college christmas party. (our college of arki rocks!)
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
i used to be about to access wifi at my home but all of my neighbors have password locked it. party poopers. maybe i should move into your neighborhood?
:XD actually theres only 1 connection here that isn't locked. :XD i just got lucky i guess.

it seems doable. i'll root for you to accomplish it :D
:thumbs hope so. it takes me so long to accumulate posts... :s

ask mugen or ryk. they dont mind swearing in english in here as much as i do.
n u don't mind swearing in spanish? :XD :p

gh, i have to hand the computer back over. i prolly wont be back for an hour or two. i've you guys are still on, ill talk to you then. lilly-kun, you are on winter break now, right?
yah. that's why i'm up late :p but winter break ends on the 2nd of jan for me... :( its so short :scry


one shots are about 30-70 pages long. Yeah, short stories. But I must warn you, short stories aren't likeable from the start. It's an acquired taste. You have to get used to them a lot before you get to really appreciate them. Well I took a short story writing course so I got to really love one - shots.
i see. but aren't those too short? :scry

I thought you said "by the end of the year" and I thought, woah, serious spam mode! hahaha.
:XD yeah. i would have to type one word in every post or something. or just go around and say 'hi' on all the threads in MH:XD
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
i see. but aren't those too short? :scry
that's the thing, why I appreciate short stories is because you only have so few pages to deliver the characters and the plots. If you manage to pull that off, that's a bombshell.

I forgot about your comment about not having a thread, hehe. I will probably, next year. :p
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
that's the thing, why I appreciate short stories is because you only have so few pages to deliver the characters and the plots. If you manage to pull that off, that's a bombshell.

I forgot about your comment about not having a thread, hehe. I will probably, next year. :p
*nods* publishers like to see that writers can write good short stories like that before they will sign them to anything. same thing with hopeful manga artists

n u don't mind swearing in spanish? :XD :p
there are only two people i know on this site that speak spanish well enough to be able to swear in it. as oppused to, what, ~40,000 people who speak english. it's just safer to swear in something that people don't understand. thanks to my step-dad i can swear in spanish, and thanks to firefly, i can swear in chinese XD
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
How come when people wanna know a foreign language the ones they memorize first are the swearing and perverted words? -_-
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
thats not true for me. i learned how to swear from in spanish cus my step-dad was mexican, and would only swear in mexican so i wouldnt swear (still picked it up, obviously) and the chinese... the only time they used one or two words of chinese, they were swearing. i do speak basic spanish, which i learned from highschool, and i dont speak any other chinese. the other languages i try to pick up, i can't swear in at all, like german and japanese.
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
:blink v8 ended with a starwars spam fest. And I've probably broke my record in reading 3 pages in the shortest possible time. :p

Anyone has other manga to recommend besides the sporties mentioned; I'm already reading those. :amuse

HnI & ES21 ftw!

@Imperium & other Hajime no Ippo readers - Please post in the HnI thread; it's a graveyard there!!! :XD

@BB Hmm, I still haven't got a taste for one-shots. I've read alot but sometimes, it just feels way too short. :s do you know any that's really good?

@Rabb :hug sry abt ur bad day.. u shud pick up boxing and vend ur anger on the punchin bag. :p and I can swear in Hokkien; a chinese dialect because my friends taught me nothing but swear words since they are the easiest to learn. :s
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
1000 for nee-chan:nuts
:confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti

Its a shame too, we could have gotten you 2000 last night if you were there xD
40! 40 1 or 2 line posts with nothing to do about anything except the friggin' dark side and joining it! WTF?! :yelling not to mention it's obvious you dont know the first damn thing about the force, dark or light side!

py, add me to that group of "some members who frequent this thread" I've had enough of this bs :notrust
Meh, first of all its not about knowing anything about the dark side. This is a movement in which we embrace our anger. Its a revolt against all things deemed too good! Like earl grey tea and biscuits >.>. And were using star wars cause we dont know the first damn thing about it thus annoying the people who do, and making them angry (which makes them evil <3). But yea, we are almost ready with our plans of domination. The galaxy will soon be ours (it would have been the universe but we thought that a bit too ambitous >.>) :kukuku

And btw, your never going to leave this thread...idle threat rabby.:noworry
I'm looking for some manga to read right now... :scry i'm all out again :( any suggestions? :wtf
Hajime no Ippo...or vagabond (amazing <3) or maybe HxH :nuts
i was pissed off, and yelling at my computer. and that was before i got here. in fact, i've been having a bad day all day, and i've been swearing all day, so you prolly really didn't want to be near me. and if you were losing your head, you could've taken off steam by banning people.
Ahh, sorry to hear that rabb!:comfort

(:shifty...)
i usually get mire wifi from unprotected connections... :sweat we have dsl but my parents put a password on it... -_-;
Stealing people's wifi, damn your evi! :eyeroll

:blink v8 ended with a starwars spam fest. And I've probably broke my record in reading 3 pages in the shortest possible time. :p

Anyone has other manga to recommend besides the sporties mentioned; I'm already reading those. :amuse

HnI & ES21 ftw!

@Imperium & other Hajime no Ippo readers - Please post in the HnI thread; it's a graveyard there!!! :XD
You know, i would ask you to join us, but you dont seem evil. :oh
But if you want you can be our receptionist :nuts

Vagabond and fairy tail! and try that new one, psyren, it has some potential.:nod
@Rabb :hug sry abt ur bad day.. u shud pick up boxing and vend ur anger on the punchin bag. :p and I can swear in Hokkien; a chinese dialect because my friends taught me nothing but swear words since they are the easiest to learn. :s
Dont encourage him, he would think of using us as punching bags... >.>; but that will never happen, though. :oh

Oh, i just wanted to ask, are the sigs confusing people? :nuts :kukuku


Hell no. I am all for the light, always have been. Yoda ftw!!! :yelling

Besides, the wookies didn't join the Dark Side, so neither shall I :noworry
OMG! I didnt see this post >.>. But pirate is a genius, Py is perfect :nuts. She could be in charge of writing our propoganda books~~~<3
 
Last edited:

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What were the little teddy bear creatures called in star wars? Those were about the only things I liked. SO CUTE!
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im backkkk! Well today is going by so slow. In 1st block some lady came and gave us a presentation about South University. That was kinda fun. 2nd block was boring and now im at lunch. So yeah thats been my day so far and im sick so that makes it even worst.
So imp did anyone else join the darkside?
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
OMG! I didnt see this post >.>. But pirate is a genius, Py is perfect :nuts. She could be in charge of writing our propoganda books~~~<3
Now I've been called a genius two times in this forum, I have no doubts anymore, I'm the best there is :XD

Anyways, wen to the bank to deposit all my change from bar visits, 999 SEK :nod
had more but they charge one 5% if one goes to and over 1000 SEK so now i gotta go back tomorrow, cheap ass banks :shakefist

n the weather sucks big time, not really that cold but its still freezing outside due to humidity.

2 days to go then its unlimited beer & rum :confetti
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
wut type of encryption? i kow places where you can learn to break certain types of encyrption...
i don't know. lol i just see a lock symbol whenever i search for an available wifi

How come when people wanna know a foreign language the ones they memorize first are the swearing and perverted words? -_-
because it's fun? i think people just want to cuss in different languages because it seems cool and to show off their rebellious side.

@BB Hmm, I still haven't got a taste for one-shots. I've read alot but sometimes, it just feels way too short. :s do you know any that's really good?
i highly recommend "hello, baby" :D

Meh, first of all its not about knowing anything about the dark side. This is a movement in which we embrace our anger. Its a revolt against all things deemed too good! Like earl grey tea and biscuits >.>. And were using star wars cause we dont know the first damn thing about it thus annoying the people who do, and making them angry (which makes them evil <3). But yea, we are almost ready with our plans of domination. The galaxy will soon be ours (it would have been the universe but we thought that a bit too ambitous >.>) :kukuku
Ahh, sorry to hear that rabb!:comfort

You know, i would ask you to join us, but you dont seem evil. :oh
But if you want you can be our receptionist :nuts

OMG! I didnt see this post >.>. But pirate is a genius, Py is perfect :nuts. She could be in
charge of writing our propoganda books~~~<3
Im backkkk! Well today is going by so slow. In 1st block some lady came and gave us a presentation about South University. That was kinda fun. 2nd block was boring and now im at lunch. So yeah thats been my day so far and im sick so that makes it even worst.
So imp did anyone else join the darkside?
sorry to hear that you're sick, gdup :hug

but no more talk of the sith. i think everyone has had enough of that for a lifetime.

What were the little teddy bear creatures called in star wars? Those were about the only things I liked. SO CUTE!
the ewoks? they were the only saving grace of star wars.

Now I've been called a genius two times in this forum, I have no doubts anymore, I'm the best there is :XD

Anyways, wen to the bank to deposit all my change from bar visits, 999 SEK :nod
had more but they charge one 5% if one goes to and over 1000 SEK so now i gotta go back tomorrow, cheap ass banks :shakefist

n the weather sucks big time, not really that cold but its still freezing outside due to humidity.

2 days to go then its unlimited beer & rum :confetti
don't get too drunk. you need to think about your liver and your brain :amuse
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Alright yall ill stop talking about the force. Anyway today ended up being boring. Did the same thing I always do and I was sick. It sucks having the Flu. My throat hurt all day and talking made it worst. I was so slpeey I barely stayed awake in 3rd block. I felt so damn sore it hurt to move. Im not going to school tomarrow thats for sure. Ill stay home and play video games. Wow I sound so depressing.
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@Rabb :hug sry abt ur bad day.. u shud pick up boxing and vend ur anger on the punchin bag. :p and I can swear in Hokkien; a chinese dialect because my friends taught me nothing but swear words since they are the easiest to learn. :s
good idea! *cracks knuckles, wheres imp, pirate, and anyone else using a sith ava when i need to wail on someone?
What were the little teddy bear creatures called in star wars? Those were about the only things I liked. SO CUTE!
ewok=little teddy bears of death,
wookie= big teddy bear of death.
the ewoks? they were the only saving grace of star wars.
orly? most fans of star wars make fun of them. and the best troopers of the empire which they pwned. the authors like to pick on them, too. in one book, a character wore only a small ewok teddy bear threw a crowded mess hall. in another, the same teddy bear was traped in a flight simulator, with a toy blaster and a datpad saying "Lt. kettch, reporting for duty. yub yub, commander" as a practical joke on the base commander. ugh, the only re-occuring ewok character that i know of is part of GA inteligence. he picked a fight with wookies, i was ammused XD in several star wars games, there are minin games where you get to shot or destroy the ewoks. my favorite one has you training to be darth vader's apprentice by poking ewoks off a bridge with a giant stick, with vader himself encouraging you in the background. my favorite line is "Don't let them sing!" XD
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Out of all the Star Wars creatures the jawa's are most annoying. they have really high pitched voices and they talk real fast. I hate jawa's.
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Alright yall ill stop talking about the force. Anyway today ended up being boring. Did the same thing I always do and I was sick. It sucks having the Flu. My throat hurt all day and talking made it worst. I was so slpeey I barely stayed awake in 3rd block. I felt so damn sore it hurt to move. Im not going to school tomarrow thats for sure. Ill stay home and play video games. Wow I sound so depressing.
sorry to hear that gdup. it'll take around a week until you get better since you need to give your body's immune system time to combat the virus. at least that's what i learned in my microbiology class.

it's okay to sound depressing. you're sick and miserable so i think that's acceptable.

good idea! *cracks knuckles, wheres imp, pirate, and anyone else using a sith ava when i need to wail on someone?

ewok=little teddy bears of death,
wookie= big teddy bear of death.

orly? most fans of star wars make fun of them. and the best troopers of the empire which they pwned. the authors like to pick on them, too. in one book, a character wore only a small ewok teddy bear threw a crowded mess hall. in another, the same teddy bear was traped in a flight simulator, with a toy blaster and a datpad saying "Lt. kettch, reporting for duty. yub yub, commander" as a practical joke on the base commander. ugh, the only re-occuring ewok character that i know of is part of GA inteligence. he picked a fight with wookies, i was ammused XD in several star wars games, there are minin games where you get to shot or destroy the ewoks. my favorite one has you training to be darth vader's apprentice by poking ewoks off a bridge with a giant stick, with vader himself encouraging you in the background. my favorite line is "Don't let them sing!" XD
but rabb they're so cute!!! :wtf i just want to pick them up and squeeze them.

can we please stop talking about star wars? this is the hang out thread, not the star wars one... :sweat
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow a week long. Damn im gonna be sick on Christmas. Oh well.
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
sorry to hear that gdup. it'll take around a week until you get better since you need to give your body's immune system time to combat the virus. at least that's what i learned in my microbiology class.

it's okay to sound depressing. you're sick and miserable so i think that's acceptable.
i didn't think that it was depressing at all. i loved skipping school for video games XD

hmmm.... maybe thats why nee-chan likes ryk better... she is a work-a-holic, and very studious, so she likes ryk who entered uni right after highschool, whilst i floated my way threw the classes, and still haven't gone to uni...


but rabb they're so cute!!! :wtf i just want to pick them up and squeeze them.

can we please stop talking about star wars? this is the hang out thread, not the star wars one... :sweat
then how can i argue with you? ;-;
and besides, the star wars thread is dead. no one has posted in there in almost a year. but i guess if i stop talking about star wars, you will be able to yell at the sith bakas next time they try drafting people in here without the fear of being accused of favortism...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top