Life - Fashion Thread, What Do you Wear? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life Fashion Thread, What Do you Wear?

gdupninja

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Talk about your favorite clothing lines, styles, Fashion trends, Fashion do's and dont's, anything relating fashion, whatever!

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
i have to say i'm a little surprised that a male started this thread, but any lover of fashion is cool with me :)

i looove fashion and am particularly attracted to handbags and shoes :love these are my biggest weakness!

as far as fashion don'ts go, my #1 has to be the high-waisted, tapered-leg, light-colored "mom jean." these make pretty much every ass look huge. if you don't know what i'm talking about, please refer to this hilarious snl sketch: http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=3255926

it cracks me up every time :rofl

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hmm.... I'm not into fashion literally though...

Jeans/khakis, t-shirt and jumper/coat (depends on the weather/occasion/etc) are enough for me. Although yeah, when I buy something, of course I'll choose what I like, but generally that's it every time.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not a big fan of fashion trend even though I appreciate certain designers' labels.

You will normally see me with jeans and T-shirts.
On more formal occasions, a shirt or two. Nothing more than that. Nothing funky, nothing modern. Just plain T-shirts and one-colored shirts.

Keep life simple, keep desires to the minimum and use the money for charity or other more beneficial stuff. That's my plan. :smile-big

Punky fish

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
I don't like fashion that everyone wears. I hate most those black boots (not high) with small heel, oh my god, they're just terrible. I like lolita fashion and shoes of course. I like most metamorphoses, rakuens and angelic prettys clothes. I even desing and make clothes by myself. Im a sweetloli, but I usually wear black shirt and black jeans.

gdupninja

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not a big fan of fashion trend even though I appreciate certain designers' labels.

You will normally see me with jeans and T-shirts.
On more formal occasions, a shirt or two. Nothing more than that. Nothing funky, nothing modern. Just plain T-shirts and one-colored shirts.

Keep life simple, keep desires to the minimum and use the money for charity or other more beneficial stuff. That's my plan. :smile-big
I agree with you. i know how it feels not to have alot of money so I like to give back and im not materialistic. Alot of my friends have 400 dollar shoes and stuff but thats way way to expensive to me and definitly not worth it. i like too look fresh but im not gonna go and blow all my money on a damn shirt. I like too talk about clothes and stuff and im in marketing/fashion calls at my highschool but i wont overdo it when it comes to shopping at the mall.

I mostly wear designer shirts with cool designs. I have alot of ecko and LRG shirts especialy. There is an ecko store at the mall that i live by and they have great deals so i dont have to spend loads of money on a shirt that i would pay alot for at Macy's or somewhere like that.
When it comes to jeans I dont like to wear them tight but i dont want them falling off my ass.

Gr1mmy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Taiwan
Fashion is overrated. Not worth changing out your closet every week.

Usually, I wear khakis and a T-shirt. Plus a jacket.

Shoes... even more overrated.

I have two pairs of shoes. One is a pair of three-year-old, dirty-white, tennis shoes. The other is a pair of good running shoes.

Bwegh.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
For me, I have to be restrained everytime i see polo shirts on discount. Especially ones with horizontal stripes. :XD
And my friends said i should stop buying sunglasses. fyi, i dont have anything "Elton John"-esque, though. :D

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
As far as shirts go, I'm more of a t-shirt person. I love college/sports team t-shirts. For pants, I love a good pair of jeans, or ankle length spandex and soccer shorts over top when working out. For shoes, I love Sperry's Top Siders, Addidas Sambas, cute heels, simple flip flops, etc =)

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States
why did i not notice this thread until now? :crying i'm glad someone made this since i'm a sucker for fashion.

i usually try to dress nice and preppy (button-down shirt, nice jeans, khakis, sweaters). if i'm press for time, sweatshirts and jeans are what i usually grab. if i could have my way, i would wear flip flop year round.

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States
if i could have my way, i would wear flip flop year round.
me too! as much as i love wearing cute heels and what not, i looooove flip flops for any casual occasion. my friends actually make fun of me because i still wear flip flops when the weather starts getting cold. if it's not snowing out, i say flip flops are fair game :XD

Heypress

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
tight clothes, skateboarding shoes or chuck taylors...

Windmillblade

Reaction score
Country
United States
Summer(Jordans,RocAwear jeans,T-shirts)
spring( Jordans,Pepe jeans, long sleeve sean john shirts
Fall( Champ sweaters And timberlands with the NY fitted caps 59/50)
Winter( Avirex leather with two sweat pants and the timberlands with the stocking cap with a sweater and a hoody).....mostly lol

Yun Min

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I generally live in Jeans and tops/blouses. I'm known for not caring about what's going on in the Fashion World.

I love Lolita fashion though. It's gorgeous! Lolita brands are the only designer brands that I'd actually fork out the money for. My favourites are Moi-meme-moitie and Baby the Stars Shine Bright.

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
im a person more for comfort i ware a pair of dark green pants full of holes and stained w/ grease and grime from working on cars and some sort of anime shirt w/ a jnco jeans hoody lol honestly i cant stand designer clothes imho its not really worth the money lol i never understood the kids who will get the $300 pure white shoes and be all "HEY IM SO BAD ASS" then they get a skuff and cry their eyes out lol clothes are ment to be worn down and used lol

the only thing i think i have that could be considered like that would have to be my Fox dirt bike jearsys i have for dirt biking >.>

krazykone12

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shoes: NIKE Air Force's
Pants: Generally black jeans
Shirt: usually anything dark colored (blue, black, dark red) and a hoody

besides that I say about the samething as Windmillblade

gdupninja

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have some air forces too. Dunks can get real expensive si I stick with air forces most of the time. They are so comfy, in fact im wearin some right now.

yoniekai

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
i wear really casually, i dont wear shoes except going to school, i always use my flip flops. for shirts anything slim but not tight, same with pants. dont wear baggy pants or shirts, as a rather slim guy i feel i dont look good wearing baggy stuff... and if the weather is hot i tie my hair, otherwise i use my bonnet or fisherman's cap :D

gdupninja

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah the only time that ill where sneakers is if im going to the mall ,a party, or most of the time at school. Otherwise im wearing my slippers. I have flat feet so they do wonders for my soles.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I usually just wear jeans, t-shirts, and tennis shoes. I'm looking for really awesome shirts, since mine are kinda lame, but I can't find any.