Cover story! CP9!!

Hiruma-Kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 9, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does the cover story have any effect on the main story line? Like with Cp9 right now?
 

marte1980

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
7
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Does the cover story have any effect on the main story line? Like with Cp9 right now?
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. For example Caimie and the story of Hachi's Takoyaky shop have appeared on the first pages of some old chapters. But in general what you read there really happens, we simply don't know if it will have any consequence on future chapters of the main story.
 

Hiruma-Kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 9, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
so scince cp9 survived if they recover will they go after straw hat again
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
so scince cp9 survived if they recover will they go after straw hat again
Probably not, they only did it because the World Government ordered them to, and the World Government were their bosses. Except for Lucci. Lucci actually believes that Robin is a threat to the World Government that needs to be destroyed, and I can see him going after her even without orders to do so. But I'm pretty sure Oda wouldn't have that happen, so I assume that the other CP9 members will convince him to let Robin and the other Straw Hats go, and then they'll move on with their lives, either with a new mission, or by coming up with a way of integrating with the normal world. I assume the latter, since that's how cover-stories usually go. (Wapol, Hatchan, Baroque Works, Gedatsu, etc.)
 

Hiruma-Kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 9, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks! the latest cover for them looks pretty cool but not for Lucci:tem
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I wonder what will cp9 do.... hopefully they wont go back to working for the wg and become pirates or shipwrights again...
 

Limnus

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Well we have seen how the cover stories HAVE spilled into the mainstream storyline. It's all a matter of time. First it was Buggy and Alvida. They had their little cover story adventures, and then met up with the Strawhats at Roguetown. Similarly for Hatchan's Sea Stroll. He was happily selling his takoyaki, integrating with the normal world, and now he's back (yay btw, I liked him).

My prediction is that the Strawhats will cross roads again with Baroque Works at Impel Down. I'm hoping it will be a nice big event, especially since Mr 2's there, but the chances of that happening are rather slim. I think Oda will make it more like cameo.

While it may not have to be a big new arc involving them, I think the CP9 will make another appearance in the far future. As of right now it's hard to think where, but I am looking forward to it ;)
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I dont think the strawhats will go to impel down since it would mean that they hace to go back to ennies lobby, trash the place again and enter the only place in world from which it is said that it is imposible to scape.
 

kawaiikneko

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I personally think that the Strawhats will visit Impel Down, but possibly by a different route than Ennis Lobby. But who knows... maybe no such thing exists. The way it has been played up, however, I don't see how it wouldn't show up in the story line at all. Maybe it'll be a breakaway chapter like the fight between Ace and Blackbeard?

As for the CP9 cover stories, does anyone else get annoyed that no one EVER actually dies in One Piece? You'd think that, eventually, someone would take a beating hard enough that they'd just snuff it. This may be an exaggeration, but I can't recall any real character deaths One Piece besides those in flashbacks. Now... personally, I think deaths, when not thrown in haphazardly, can be very poignant and driving in stories.
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
As for the CP9 cover stories, does anyone else get annoyed that no one EVER actually dies in One Piece? You'd think that, eventually, someone would take a beating hard enough that they'd just snuff it. This may be an exaggeration, but I can't recall any real character deaths One Piece besides those in flashbacks. Now... personally, I think deaths, when not thrown in haphazardly, can be very poignant and driving in stories.
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4265
 

lordHokage

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
4,697
Reaction score
421
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
I want to see CP9 again. I wouldn’t be surprise if CP9 becomes Straw Hat Pirates most trusted allies. I think they were used by the World Government in the most despicable way. :blink
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
None of them were forced to do anything. They aren't some good guys who had no choice but to follow orders. Sure they are not all completely bad, but MOST TRUSTED ALLIES? WOULDN'T BE SURPRISE? Come on...:s
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
anyone knows the translation of the cp9 chapter 494's title?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I want to see CP9 again. I wouldn’t be surprise if CP9 becomes Straw Hat Pirates most trusted allies. I think they were used by the World Government in the most despicable way. :blink
How were thay used? Im pretty sure that they voluntarily did everything they did.
 

lordHokage

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
4,697
Reaction score
421
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
None of them were forced to do anything. They aren't some good guys who had no choice but to follow orders. Sure they are not all completely bad, but MOST TRUSTED ALLIES? WOULDN'T BE SURPRISE? Come on...:s

How were thay used? Im pretty sure that they voluntarily did everything they did.


Following orders is one thing but being used is a whole another story. Aokiji's motives are questionable and since he never expected Straw Hat Pirates to defeat the great CP9. I think there is a lot more to this saga than meets the eye, things are not what they appear to be. :blink
 

Wale

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
190
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
I want to see CP9 again. I wouldn’t be surprise if CP9 becomes Straw Hat Pirates most trusted allies.
The CP9 is not like Hachi or like Bon Clay. I think they will split up, like the Baroque Works did, and some of them will go back to Water 7.
 

kazuma_uzumaki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Messages
301
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt they'll make a MJOR impact into the story like how alvida and buggy did. Maybe they'll appear in very small cameos. You know like when they put a character really small in the corner that nobody notices
 

lordHokage

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
4,697
Reaction score
421
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
The CP9 is not like Hachi or like Bon Clay. I think they will split up, like the Baroque Works did, and some of them will go back to Water 7.

I could careless what happens to Jyabura but I think Kaku’s has a bright future ahead of him. As for Rob Lucci and the others, they’re too arrogant and that’s why got beat up. :blink
 
Top