Archived The Hang Out Thread v.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
So you didnt drink at home? Cause if you did just judge on how many empty cans and bottles you got. :amuse
well i did drink at home, and out, but my sister took care of the cans n bottles :D

did anyone else had an interesting weekend? :amuse
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I did, coz I cleaned the house all weekend, and I still only accomplished 50%. -_-

And I'm hungry. Not connected to the weekend but, that's what you get for being awake at this hour (2:30 am here)
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i seen dattebayo had the bleach movie diamond dust rebellion yesterday and it had only two uploaders and acouple hundred downloaders now theres acouple thousand uploading. does anyone kmow if its real?.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
i seen dattebayo had the bleach movie diamond dust rebellion yesterday and it had only two uploaders and acouple hundred downloaders now theres acouple thousand uploading. does anyone kmow if its real?.
I dont know, i think their takin the piss (april fools and all). It says Diamond dust reballion not rebellion. Im not gonna bother dl it -_-;
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
i seen dattebayo had the bleach movie diamond dust rebellion yesterday and it had only two uploaders and acouple hundred downloaders now theres acouple thousand uploading. does anyone kmow if its real?.
certainly it's a fake - someone told me
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
is that movie even out in Japan yet? :blink i thought it was still around may or april...?
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
so who do y'all think it is that changes the setups for april fools each year? i dont think its any of the europeans or americans because of when it starts and ends, more likly a tech/admin in asia... njt himself is my guess. at the very least he would have approved it... bax couldve done it, too...

i know absolutly nothing about that movie :oh
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
guess i hoped too much for it to be real. they pulled a fast one on me.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
is that movie even out in Japan yet? :blink i thought it was still around may or april...?
It came out in Japan on December 22nd and was 4th in the Japanese box office, but it always takes a while for anybody to get one of these movies on the 'net.
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
well i did drink at home, and out, but my sister took care of the cans n bottles :D

did anyone else had an interesting weekend? :amuse
Oh, so you had your sister clean up after you....such a nice sister ^^
---
I did nothing over the weekend.
---
Is Bleach really that good?! I've never read it, ive watched a couple episodes on Adult Swim, but their probably in the middle of the story.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Bleach's best quality is the mangaka is a master of character design, so he creates many memorable characters. The action sequences are also always very well drawn. It's a fun fantasy, but has repetitive story elements and poor plot writing (the mangaka is a better artist than he is a writer) but the characters are so good that you can easily overlook these flaws and just have fun with it. It also can be a very funny manga. But it is very action-oriented, there may be nothing but action for over 30 chapters at a time.

The anime is very fast-paced and covers like 150 chapters in just 40-50 episodes.
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
alittle less story and alittle more action!.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Bleach's best quality is the mangaka is a master of character design, so he creates many memorable characters. The action sequences are also always very well drawn.
I agree but psyrens Iwashiro Toshiaki is more memorable in his character design and his action sequences imo
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
It's a fun fantasy, but has repetitive story elements and poor plot writing (the mangaka is a better artist than he is a writer) but the characters are so good that you can easily overlook these flaws and just have fun with it.
This defines Bleach perfectly:



Change the name of the main guy, and that´s all about it. ;p


But when it´s isn´t boring, it´s really fun.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I have a question for everyone.

What is your attitude towards setbacks? I mean, if you encounter something that really ruins your plan/day/life (lol), do you brood, or do you plot revenge, or do you get really angry and let it all out, cry? etc. etc.

Nothing, I just wanted to ask. Seems interesting to see how people react to these situations.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I have a question for everyone.

What is your attitude towards setbacks? I mean, if you encounter something that really ruins your plan/day/life (lol), do you brood, or do you plot revenge, or do you get really angry and let it all out, cry? etc. etc.
I think it depends of how the rest of my day was, if my day wasn't that going well then it bothers me but I am not the type to be bothered for long, so after an hour or a bit more I forget those kind of things
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
This defines Bleach perfectly:



Change the name of the main guy, and that´s all about it. ;p


But when it´s isn´t boring, it´s really fun.

A perfect analogy I think, except the characters are more interesting than Mario and Luigi and Wario, lol. Though Orihime is about as interesting as Princess Toadstool right now...

I have a question for everyone.

What is your attitude towards setbacks? I mean, if you encounter something that really ruins your plan/day/life (lol), do you brood, or do you plot revenge, or do you get really angry and let it all out, cry? etc. etc.

Nothing, I just wanted to ask. Seems interesting to see how people react to these situations.

These days I get grumpy I guess.

I used to be a lot more easy-going... but now I realize it was just me not caring. And that's not always a good thing. But it's also pointless to stress over something when you can't do anything about it.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I have a question for everyone.

What is your attitude towards setbacks? I mean, if you encounter something that really ruins your plan/day/life (lol), do you brood, or do you plot revenge, or do you get really angry and let it all out, cry? etc. etc.

Nothing, I just wanted to ask. Seems interesting to see how people react to these situations.
I guess i´m in one of those situations right now, but not like that exactly...and i just feel depressed and sad -_-
 

genkizen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
260
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
A perfect analogy I think, except the characters are more interesting than Mario and Luigi and Wario, lol. Though Orihime is about as interesting as Princess Toadstool right now...




These days I get grumpy I guess.

I used to be a lot more easy-going... but now I realize it was just me not caring. And that's not always a good thing. But it's also pointless to stress over something when you can't do anything about it.
I used to be more easy going too. But now that I've been in the "real world" and have a job i get grumpy and more cynical at times. Sometimes I just go to the gym and bang out my frustrations there, and I got a decent sized tattoo recently too, i guess that helps somehow? Can't wait to get to grad school and start back on what I love to do.

I guess i´m in one of those situations right now, but not like that exactly...and i just feel depressed and sad -_-

Hey i used to get like that too, I would have free time and start reflecting on all the negative things in the world and think damn, this world kinda sucks ass for the poor and dejected folk. I still think that way, but I guess now I have a somewhat more mature understanding and outlook,which helps.

And about bleachs poor plot writing, yea at times it sure is, but if you've read it recently, look at Noitra's flashback scene, THAT was incredibly well and artistically done I would say, puts atleast some hope in Kubo Tites story writing ability.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
ah, I get like that too, agri-chan. Just sad and stuff. But I usually end up crying for a few minutes, then I'm over with it. When I distract myself with something else I can let the negative stuff go. Then I'm the kind of person who says "nah, fuck it." and just come what may. :P


@ genkizen, a tattoo. How cool. That helps you in releasing anger? "Fuck off, you guys, coz I have a tattoo." I should get a tattoo too I guess.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top