Don't you want to become a Magical Girl? (Galth's Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaylee

mousou mashiin
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
4,039
Reaction score
813
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Kahludh?

Sounds like fun times. Wish I'd been around back then. :XD


Anyway, Khal, I need an anime recommendation. Which of the currently-airing series would you recommend me picking up?
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Kahludh?

Can I throw my opinion into the discussion, too ^_^/ ....?

Code Geass R2, xxxHolic:Kei, Vampire Knight, Soul Eater, Amatsuki, Nabari no Ou, Special A

I know, I am a disturbing fly.
 

kaylee

mousou mashiin
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
4,039
Reaction score
813
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Kahludh?

Code Geass R2, xxxHolic:Kei, Vampire Knight, Soul Eater, Amatsuki, Nabari no Ou, Special A
Hmm, I'm already watching all of the above except Amatsuki & Nabari no Ou, so I guess I'll pick one of those, thanks! :amuse

//edit -- description of Nabari no Ou sounds really good. I'll try out the first ep. :D
 
Last edited:

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Kahludh?

Amatsuki is on the first sight a mix of Rurouni Kenshin and Inuyasha and Nabari no Ou is somehow like ninnja mixed with a school anime just much more cooler with an awesomely sexy Sensei and a protagonist who looks like a girl :P
On top of that, the animation of Nabari no Ou is really awesome.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Kahludh?

//edit -- description of Nabari no Ou sounds really good. I'll try out the first ep. :D
You should watch also the second ep, I liked it much more than the first.
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Kahludh?

Shocked the hell out of me Hermie had the guts to do that, even though he WAS a co-admin at the time. I think I was probably more pissed than I should have been. >_>
The reason I dared to do it was because
1) you did it to me, so I figured you was game, and
2) I never expected you to react so strongly. <.<



For Schwindy:
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Kahludh?

Anyway, Khal, I need an anime recommendation. Which of the currently-airing series would you recommend me picking up?
This season's better series include:

Allison & Lillia (I never planned to watch it, and I don't know why I like it, but I always have the feeling that the director is doing just about everything right in this series, even if it's not your typical over-the-top shounen stuff or ecchi romance comedy.)
Code Geass ~Hangyaku no Lelouch~ R2 (FUCK YEAH! FUUUUUCK YEAH!)
Kure-nai (Great animation, great characters, story... who knows? Much better than the manga at least.)
Macross Frontier (... Yes, sorry, I like it. >_>)
Nabari no Ou (opening and animation style alone make it worth it)
Soul Eater (the definition of 'over-the-top', just how we like it -- and the series seems to work remarkably well in anime form... Come on, just look at that opening! And the ending song is epic as well.)
Vampire Knight (well, duh.)
xxxHOLiC ~Kei~ (from what we've seen so far, it looks like they're gonna take all the AWESOME moments and put them in a single season. If done well, this thing will simply shatter the first season -- oh, and the opening song is great again.)
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Kahludh?

I don't remember the details of what went on behind my decision to pinkify you in the first place anymore, Hermie, but I guess it was just stunning for me to be deadminned for the first time ever on a site I had personally raised from birth xD (First and last time until I stepped down.)


EDIT: Wait... no, I didn't pinkify you first.. it was because of that Hermie x Khal thread you pinkified me! :notrust

It was you who got all serious about it in the first place. :p
 
Last edited:

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Kahludh?

Code Geass ~Hangyaku no Lelouch~ R2 (FUCK YEAH! FUUUUUCK YEAH!)
I could not have it expressed better than you did, nii-chan.

Ah, it's so hard to drool over Code Geass in school when you have one friend who's hating it and dislikes Lulu.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Kahludh?

EDIT: Wait... no, I didn't pinkify you first.. it was because of that Hermie x Khal thread you pinkified me! :notrust
After that, you (as in: GK) ended up pinkifying the great me, Herman and even Birte. :oh

I vaguely remember that I was laughing my ass off, not knowing what was happening between you two behind the scenes though, at the time. Sawa only told me that later that day, at least parts of it. >_>
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Kahludh?

Oh yeah, I pinkified Birte for depinkifying you... I think you did something to annoy me too that day. LoL.

I guess I was just grouchy that day.

But Hermie was even grouchier after he saw the Khal x Hermie thread... well, I guess I can't blame him too much for that. Heh. I saw the IRC logs of his reactions from Fuzzy. XDDD

But yeah, that was an interesting day.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Kahludh?

But Hermie was even grouchier after he saw the Khal x Hermie thread... well, I guess I can't blame him too much for that. Heh. I saw the IRC logs of his reactions from Fuzzy. XDDD
Yeah, I initially disliked it, but at least saw the humor in it... >_>

I guess Herman really didn't like that joke, though, the poor little crybaby. :p

(I have to admit, even back then, I got a bit angry at you for pinkifying Birte, though it was my fault for involving her anyway, heh... xD)
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Kahludh?

The way that thread started out, I was in a late night MSN convo with Erin and Katy and Fuzzy... Erin started doodling all these pics on MSN and well, you saw 'em. We couldn't resist the temptation to start a thread with these pics at the center. Erin always did feel bad about it though :p
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Kahludh?

Erin always did feel bad about it though :p
I miss Erin... ;____;

(And I already told her over and over again, she shouldn't feel bad for things like that, she's got a lifelong supply of get-outta-jail-free-tickets for use with Khal-related crimes anyway~ >_>)


At least I still have that Khal x Erin sig from back then, using her drawing. :)
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Kahludh?

I talk to Erin all the time on Facebook. :oh
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Kahludh?

Tell her to return to the site. :oh
 

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
258
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Kahludh?

Oh, can I see this particular sig maybe? *_*
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Kahludh?

I remember Erin was peeved at that sig you put together? XD Maybe that's why she did the Herm x Khal stuff in the first place.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Kahludh?

Except for the fact that the sig was created using something she drew as an apology for drawing the Khal x Herm stuff... you've got your chronology out of order, Phil. :oh
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Kahludh?

Hmmmm... somehow that doesn't sound convincing to me... >_>

I *do* remember she was peeved at you about something... heh.

Oh well, whatever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top