Shounen Sket Dance by Shinohara Kenta

nxlouco

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
810
Reaction score
92
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

Yeah!! hehehe,
Also 27 year old Onihimes were hot!! XDDDDD
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

WOW, chapter 36 was pretty funny. I feel we're returning back to what Sket Dance was prior to the Gachinko Vivage battle.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

I gotta say i liked it a lot, even if it ended unexpectedly.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

I gotta say i liked it a lot, even if it ended unexpectedly.
It was interesting, but I felt it got the series away from it's episodic nature. I still found my self amused by it, but it wasn't as fun to read it.
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

Agreed. It had some good moments, but the first mini-arc of Sket Dance wasn't a complete success. Here's hoping the next one is better.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

Agreed. It had some good moments, but the first mini-arc of Sket Dance wasn't a complete success. Here's hoping the next one is better.
Yeah I remembered you had this sentiment earlier, and your comments had an impression on me. I realized that you were right...the series so far has been best as single chapters, or maybe two.
 

nxlouco

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
810
Reaction score
92
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

I know it was a bit delayed but how was chapter 37, i found it nice :)
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

Chapters 35 and 36 were great! Man I loved the scene where Dante says his name is Fallen Angel! The looks on Bossun and Himeko's faces were great!

By the way, I was wondering if anyone could post larger versions of the volume covers.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

I know it was a bit delayed but how was chapter 37, i found it nice :)
I found it a bit of a retread of the Bossun chapter, but it still had funny parts. Although, the 27 year old version of Momoka and Himeka were interesting ;)

Although, I don't know why aging would cause their hair to change color....
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

No Japanese person has blonde hair, think about it.
Dying your hair is okay for high school kids, but they probably grew out of it in their late 20's. ;p
 

nxlouco

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
810
Reaction score
92
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

so how was the new take on Momotarou, hehe..... OG-3, Upstream...
 

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
5,417
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

It was... odd, that's for sure :p

Classic Sket Dance weirdness.
 

nxlouco

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
810
Reaction score
92
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

Yup, maybe well get back to nice old Sket Dance ODD comedy...
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

I want more chapters like the ninja one. That one was crack of the purest kind.
 

nxlouco

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
810
Reaction score
92
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

I want more chapters like the ninja one. That one was crack of the purest kind.
Yeah, that one was really awesome, maybe a shinigami one, with zanpakutōs would be next ? LOL


Bumping this thread XDD
With a nice spoiler
Himeko is one of the greatest Baseball Pitchers ever
from the recent chapter.....

Also chapter 39 should be out soon, I think....
 
Last edited:

siljemarie

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,030
Reaction score
235
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

By the way, I was wondering if anyone could post larger versions of the volume covers.
A little bit late (OK, very late), but I scanned the covers of my two volumes (number three still in the mail).

Volume 1 cover
Inside-flap-thingy
Volume 2 cover

I'll scan and upload the cover for volume 3 when I get it too. :P

Also got a photobucket-gallery of all the color pages from Sket Dance so far, if anyone is interested... Over here.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

These past chapters have been incredible...

At first I didn't pay much attention to the brothers' names, thinking that Kazuyoshi was "Sket Dan Switch's" older brother. I just hope this fact wasn't obvious to other readers.
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

I'm still on the fence about the over-dramaticness of these chapters.
 

cnet128

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
5,417
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

These past chapters have been incredible...

At first I didn't pay much attention to the brothers' names, thinking that Kazuyoshi was "Sket Dan Switch's" older brother. I just hope this fact wasn't obvious to other readers.
Oh, no, they completely pulled a fast one on us there. The brothers' actual names were only mentioned once over the entirety of the first two chapters - right at the beginning when their mother addressed both of them. I was labelling the older brother as Masafumi in my translations for two chapters before the big reveal. It was a brilliant twist.
 

pirate-hitman:L

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
191
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Sket Dance Discussion Thread

I cried in the chapter
with Masafumi's funeral. I teared up the entire time.
 
Top