Shounen Double Arts by Komi Naoshi

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Now I have been asking myself: how kiris boosting ability works. Suppose he boosts the sisters ability in a positive way: their immune system becomes stronger so the effects of troi in their body are minimalized then I wonder if Kiri can boost in a negative way when he touches someone with troi that doesn't have a immune system like the sisters: could it be that a troi affected person become more dangerous?

Though no one can touch a sister who has taken over troi, it seems kiri is the only one who can touch them without being affected. Simply because he boosts the immune system so hard that trois effects can't do any harm to him because the sisters become stronger by his feeling and can prolly avoid any damage

But I still got my doubt what will happpen to kiri and others when kiri touches someone with troi without any abilities like the sisters

So this makes me very confused:
Can't you touch any sister? Or does it just depend on how strong their immune system is? Or let me state in other words: does the grade of immune system allow someone to touch someone or affected by troy as sister doesn't allow you touch anyone/just like normal troi affected humans?

Help me out but did I miss something
 
Last edited:

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Kiri boosts the human immune system, he doesn't boost the germs or viruses that infect the body. That's how he helped a person get over their cold and why his mom felt strong when she was pregnant with him.

I'm taking some hope from Kiri's observation that Elle's hands have always been warm (to him, anyway). If she was still badly infected to the point of death, as she was when she met Kiri, her hands should still be cold at least. All the sisters who are infected with Troi still have cold hands. But after being in contact with Kiri, Elle's hands have become warm again, which could indicate that at least some of the Troi in her might be subsiding.
 
Last edited:

segua

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
2,677
Reaction score
348
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think I prefer that Kiri could boost someone's else own constitution overall.
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
just wondering, when Kiri touches other person, his power will be doubled. Now, how about Kiri himself? Will his power get doubled as well, or he's not affected?
 

Ging

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
133
Reaction score
149
Gender
Male
Country
Marshall Islands
I think he's affected too, he too help lifting that huge building if i remember it correctly
 

caesarpk

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
247
Gender
Male
Country
United States
now, if I am correct, kiri connected hands w/ 100 people, therefore making the power of each person 100 times. suppose a normal person has 1 man power, then
100 mp x 100 ppl = 10000
how much is that?
 

Kioras

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
15
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I think it is kind of interesting that double arts is already getting a color insert, only 7 issues into the series. I would suppose that from the very start the long term prospects of the series looks good
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I think it is kind of interesting that double arts is already getting a color insert, only 7 issues into the series. I would suppose that from the very start the long term prospects of the series looks good
I wouldn't mind it that much, it happened with psyren, mago and other series too. I think it's often in the issue before their real popularity rating starts
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Usually new series get a color page early on, aside from the issue they debuted in. Like koenosaki said, it happened for Psyren and it happened for Nurarihyon no Mago TWICE.
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Don't forget, this will be the third time for DA. Chapter 2 also had a color page.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
yes, but with both mago and bari haken getting second colours (phrase excl. opening cover, thats a given) its possible this is just a priviledge
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I found this on the Double Arts thread in 2ch; don't know if this is a spoiler or not
まじで地震怖いんですがw



協会から帰る途中の2人
シスターに昼食はどうかと呼び止められる

喋っていると、ヘイムが攻撃を受けて倒れてしまう
敵は誰かを探している

恐らく、敵は人を見ただけでトロイに感染しているか分かるらしく、キリをターゲットにする
トロイに感染しない人間は、シスターよりも優先して消せ といわれているようだ

この敵の名は ルーシー・ゼズゥ
ガゼルメンバーの11人のうちの1人
ガゼルという組織を創った者のひとりらしい

エッダは攻撃を仕掛けるが、瞬時に背後に回られ斬られる

シスターはエルにキリを連れてすぐにこの場から離れろと言うが、
シスター達が自分の為に犠牲になろうとしている事を察知しているキリは引かない
だがシスターも引かない

キリ「おい!待てったら!納得できるか!!
   あんた達(シスター達)はそれでいいのか!?待てってば・・・!」

戦闘態勢に入るシスター

キリ「やめろお」


第7話・・・/おわり

次号、ゼズゥの脅威・・・
キリの取った選択は!?


まだまだ右も左も分からない自分が漫画を描く事が出来
てるのは皆様の応援のお陰です。有難うございます<直志>

I think this is from the Elraine thread (Title: 【エルー】ダブルアーツのエルレイン・フィガレット萌え【シスター】):


This is a reply to this post:
エルーの目と口を縫い付ける夢を見てやる
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
héhé, whan I saw rhaps In this topic, I was immediately thinking about a spoiler

anyways, can't make up antyhing till a trans comes out

but tha fanart pic looks great imo :p - and if it isn't one wtf :o
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I used babelfish and apparently, there will be a fight soon according to that spoiler. For the second one, I think she was dreaming according to babelfish. If that picture was real, then ouch!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I used babelfish and apparently, there will be a fight soon according to that spoiler. For the second one, I think she was dreaming according to babelfish. If that picture was real, then ouch!
I agree - ouch too over here, I even disliked it when they stitched a wound on my head. But that picture really looks creepy. So another fight is approaching I wonder if it'lll be another gazelle
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
as for the picture,
I don't know... the style doesn't really match. The lines are too thin and the jawline and ears seem off. but anyway, the text says "Elle's eyes and mouth are sewn up as seen in a dream" - since 2chers like to say "I saw this in a dream" in spoilers, it may or may not be real...

text spoiler... I'll leave it to someone who's fluent to translate it properly, but what I could read of it made me feel sick.:(
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Zoomed around and stumbled across a color-spread. Didn't the mangaka promise another one for this week?


It looks real. And I have to say, I love this manga's art.
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Zoomed around and stumbled across a color-spread. Didn't the mangaka promise another one for this week?


It looks real. And I have to say, I love this manga's art.
awww, that's adorable.:3 Yes, color page scheduled for this week.

that reminds me... does Kiri ever change clothes? Even Elle changes into pajamas at night, but Kiri's outfit hasn't changed since he met Elle, not even to sleep. or maybe all his clothes are the same:XD
 

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
a very rough and quick trans

協会から帰る途中の2人
The two are returning from the church
シスターに昼食はどうかと呼び止められる
the sisters are called for lunch (?)
喋っていると、ヘイムが攻撃を受けて倒れてしまう
敵は誰かを探している
just then, heim is struck down
the enemy is searching for someone

恐らく、敵は人を見ただけでトロイに感染しているか分かるらしく、キリをターゲットにする
it seems this enemy knows by looking at people if they have troi. kiri becomes a target
トロイに感染しない人間は、シスターよりも優先して消せ といわれているようだ
they seem to have orders to kill anyone without troi as the top priority

この敵の名は ルーシー・ゼズゥ
This person's name is lucci zezu (t/n - erm, spelling's a mess, i'm not doing research until i do the chapter)
ガゼルメンバーの11人のうちの1人
one out of the 11 gazelle (? since when did they have a number)
ガゼルという組織を創った者のひとりらしい
he's probably one of its founders

エッダは攻撃を仕掛けるが、瞬時に背後に回られ斬られる
edda?? tries to attack but the enemy swings around back in a flash and cuts her? down

シスターはエルにキリを連れてすぐにこの場から離れろと言うが、
the sisters try to get elle and kiri away from here but
シスター達が自分の為に犠牲になろうとしている事を察知しているキリは引かない
だがシスターも引かない
the sisters are willing to sacrifice themselves for their safety and kiri won't allow it

キリ「おい!待てったら!納得できるか!!
   あんた達(シスター達)はそれでいいのか!?待てってば・・・!」
kiri - heck no! i won't agree to this!
you guys (sisters) are okay with this?! Stop it!

戦闘態勢に入るシスター
The sisters prepare for battle

キリ「やめろお」
kiri - stop it!!!

第7話・・・/おわり
ch 7 / end

次号、ゼズゥの脅威・・・
キリの取った選択は!?
next time - sezu's threat
what will kiri do?!

まだまだ右も左も分からない自分が漫画を描く事が出来てるのは皆様の応援のお陰です。有難うございます<直志
(looks like a quote from the author, naoshi?)
-i still don't know left from right and yet i'm here drawing manga thanks to everyone's support. thank you so much.
 

Ging

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
133
Reaction score
149
Gender
Male
Country
Marshall Islands
can't wait to see the new chapter
 
Top