Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Choosing foreign coaches is for small countries (like England :kukuku)

The problem with Brazil right now is that they suck (Adriano can't f***ing move for god's sake! He weighs like 100 kg!), but so do we. Man, tying in the last minute against Ecuador, that's just embarassing. The problem with our team is basically that the guy sitting in the bench and his drinking buddies knowing shit about how to make a team(the name's Alfio Basile, a good friend of Julio Grondona, who runs the AFA. Hmmm, no, nothing suspicious there...). Put Riquelme, Gago, Veron and Mascherano all at the same time in the pitch and the result is Guerron having a picnic in the right band. I won't deny that Ecuador's defence was in good shape the entire game, but also Argentina's lack of offensive attitude had a dessicive influence in the final score.

My prediction for the match against Brazil: It will be either a boring 0-0 or Brazil will miracolously recover their form and beat us 3-0(or worse). Pretty pesimistic, huh? Well, check the last results between Brazil and Argentina and you'll see.
 
Last edited:

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
anyone saw the turkey vs. czech game, that was the game of the tournament. Also Germany won, so it going to be portugal vs. Germany in the qauterfinal. I hope Portugal wins.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
^so far that was the game of the tournament, but theres a lot more games to come. I can't wait to get home to watch Italy vs France, hopefully it is a good game
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
My prediction for the match against Brazil: It will be either a boring 0-0 or Brazil will miracolously recover their form and beat us 3-0(or worse). Pretty pesimistic, huh? Well, check the last results between Brazil and Argentina and you'll see.
Argentina will beat Brazil easily. Brazil team don't have form since the world cup 2006.
I believe (and I also want to) there won't be miracle this time.

Argentina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brazil, nowadays
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
You dont see that often... an Argentinian expecting a defeat against Brazil, and a Brazilian expecting a defeat against Argentina.
Well, I wouldnt bet on this match, that's for sure...
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Rumours say Zico is well-reputed to be next Portugal's coach.
What do you think about it, Mendes?
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I dunno. I'm used to have the press rumor alot. We'll most likely be appointed a new coach every day if it comes to the press. But I like Zico (at least as a player) and the work he developed in Fenerbahce. My favorite would be Carlos Queiroz, but I honestly doubt he'll leave United. There's still a bunch of renowned coaches around without contract. We'll see.

Italy won 2-0 against France. Italy has that lucky star on this competitions, as France was too soft in that game and Romenia couldnt step up to a powerful Holland 'B'. We'll have a pleasant Spain vs Italy for the Quarter-finals and an interesting Holland vs Sweden or Russia. Portugal-Germany will be a major dish and Croatia will face Turkey.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
when do argentina and Brasil play
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Tomorrow :p
I'll be at class -_____- I hope the teacher wants to watch the game too. xD
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
You dont see that often... an Argentinian expecting a defeat against Brazil, and a Brazilian expecting a defeat against Argentina.
Well, I wouldnt bet on this match, that's for sure...
Truer words..

I hope they show the game here.. Brazil v Argentina are always fun games to watch.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
sk.nite said:
but also Argentina's lack of offensive attitude had a dessicive influence in the final score.
Wasnt tevez or messi playing?

Choosing foreign coaches is for small countries (like England :kukuku)
Its not our fault that our FA doesnt bother to train managers properly >.>. All they do is convince ex-players to become managers...which doesnt bring about good results, i.e. the last time we had a decent english manager was the 80's >.>;. But capello isnt going to last long anyway, either he is going to get tired of us or we're going to get tired of him. Basically he'll be gone by the next euro's euro's -_-;.

Btw, the match is going to clash with the euro's. :( I might still watch it, if the other matches get boring.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
It wont clash. In GTM:
Brazil x Argentina 19/06 01h50
Portugal x Germany 19/06 19h45

Its kinda late in the night, but I may be able to watch it. If Dunga gets defeated I think he'll be fired for sure
 

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Argentina will beat Brazil easily. Brazil team don't have form since the world cup 2006.
I believe (and I also want to) there won't be miracle this time.

Argentina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brazil, nowadays
That lack of form didn't prevent Brasil from beating us 3-0 in a friendly match(I'm sure it was after the WC because that f***ing drunkard Basile was already on the bench) and beating us in the Copa America final for 3-0 (again :notrust). That was in 2007 if I remember correctly. But I don't think it's a lack of form, but more the style Dunga has that makes Brasil play like a small team and that's why they only get results against teams like Argentina, who don't speculate and attack them.


Wasnt tevez or messi playing?
Messi and Aguero played this match. Tevez is resting so he wasn't called up (form mutual agreement with the coach from what I know). The problem isn't the forwards, but the midfielders. It's a collection of Galapagos' turtles imo, and they disrupt the fast attack pace that Messi and Aguero/Tevez naturally have.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
So why doesn't he play with all three attackers in order to let them form the attack on their own? So Aguero is on the adult team now? grats to him, I thought he was still in the under 21
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Argentina's midfield is getting old... I havent been hearing of any young attacking midfield talent from Argentina. Some years ago, it was that generation where Aimar, Veron and Riquelme were in their prime. Is Banega a good player, sk.nite?

@Lohnt
He is under 21, but he's a prodigy and since Saviola rarely plays in Real and Crespo, Cruz cant keep up with the attacking dynamism of Argentina's forwards (specially Messi's), he's the best man for the job. I look forward to see if Aguero lives up to the expectations placed on him. It must be tough the battle for center forward position in Argentina. Crespo, Aguero, Tevez, Delgado, Saviola, Cruz, Trejo and watch out for Lisandro
 

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Argentina's midfield is getting old... I havent been hearing of any young attacking midfield talent from Argentina. Some years ago, it was that generation where Aimar, Veron and Riquelme were in their prime. Is Banega a good player, sk.nite?

@Lohnt
He is under 21, but he's a prodigy and since Saviola rarely plays in Real and Crespo, Cruz cant keep up with the attacking dynamism of Argentina's forwards (specially Messi's), he's the best man for the job. I look forward to see if Aguero lives up to the expectations placed on him. It must be tough the battle for center forward position in Argentina. Crespo, Aguero, Tevez, Delgado, Saviola, Cruz, Trejo and watch out for Lisandro
I can't say Banega sucks, but neither I can say that he's worth the price Valencia paid for him or that I want him on the national team's midfield. It's something that happens with players who play for Boca, they're sold overpriced and are overrated in general by the media(Riquelme being the major exponent).
What I really meant is that we don't have good external players in the midfield right now, and it's not because there aren't any out there playing in the world, it's just that Basile don't call them and that's why I'm so f***ing angry at him :mad
 

patedecarne

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
4,863
Reaction score
2,841
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
An ant coach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dunga...

Seriously, I'm expecting to see a rampage tonight, thanks God I won't see it in the stadium, the deception could be even worse...

Dunga must fall today, otherwise there's a high possibility that Brazil won't make it to 2010 World Cup...
 

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
An ant coach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dunga...

Seriously, I'm expecting to see a rampage tonight, thanks God I won't see it in the stadium, the deception could be even worse...

Dunga must fall today, otherwise there's a high possibility that Brazil won't make it to 2010 World Cup...
With this classification system Argentina and Brazil are ALWAYS qualified beforehand, no matter how badly they play. And I'm hoping Basile is sacked too, but unfortunately there hasn't been a sacked coach in Argentina since...well I don't remember.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I guess this thread could create a We Hate Our Nation's Coach crew. Is there anyone satisfied with their manager?

sk.nite, what club do you cheer for?
 

walkie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
844
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
I guess this thread could create a We Hate Our Nation's Coach crew. Is there anyone satisfied with their manager?

sk.nite, what club do you cheer for?
i can join that crew but i thought portugese people r ok with scolari?!?!?!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top