Shounen Double Arts by Komi Naoshi

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
so the falzen is getting attacked by zezu? He really wants to avoid other forces joining kiri. Wonder how strong these sisters are
 

Neji2112

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
76
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
so the falzen is getting attacked by zezu? He really wants to avoid other forces joining kiri. Wonder how strong these sisters are
yeah pretty much. Zezu trying to take care of them. they're supposed to be the best of the best, but we'll have to wait and see...

Sui's finaly back and it looks like she's either been crying the whole time or not sleeping since her fight with Fallan. it's kinda sad though... i hope she gets over it soon...
 

Shindou

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
94
Reaction score
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
Poland
OMG! Their armors are totally awesome! And these capes... :wtf
 

Dorothy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
307
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Thank you very much for spoilers pics! :amuse
I hope that by now the story will become more interesting! :)
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sui returns, Zezu returns, and the appearance of possibly Falzen! This looks to be a very good chapter!
 

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I see it's officially "Troy" now, too.
Hoooooooly crap.
Do you know I didn't even notice that last ch?! roflamo

Well my many thanks for changing the spelling.
Ooh, here's a suggestion, why not WRITE THEIR NAMES IN ROMAN LETTERS?!

/*bit frustrated right now toward author
 

No_Comxxx

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
226
Reaction score
2
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Great chapter!!
But The falzen's help will be nothing if they defeated by zezu.
 

pirate-hitman:L

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
191
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh, crap. I hope Kiri and Elle can survive with Farran's help.
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
So Falzen are eliminated by Zezu? I wonder what Zezu is actually planning... I mean, unless he got some plans, why would he destroy Falzen??
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
raw came out, so no spoilers anymore but I really hope there's going to be some new moving because this is really starting to get boting imo. Move on, k the part with the falzen looks great (but then again, it doesn't show us a lot) and yes a trans/scan can change my mind (but my intuition gives me yet again a negative feeling).

I really hope they are going to move forward because atm I don't like they are getting sticked at the same place (the city) without getting near to their objective: the church. Then again I must admit: I wonder what farran is saying at the last page, seems something about a new location - so my hopes are high :D
 
Last edited:

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
Edited Manga available, check it out!
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Zezu's face cracks me up!! xD.. I love his expression face
 

No_Comxxx

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
226
Reaction score
2
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
well,Im curious bout the persons wearing a cape standing next to zezu...I wonder him/her is the right hand man of zezu(or just his secretary).
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
or maybe the other person who has the Flare power.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
A great chapter.

The ways the characters remain perfect.
All previous chapter have given a concrete form of thinking for the couple protagonist. Now, things will move.
I'm glad that my feeling (and others also had this feeling) about what could happen with Sui after losing to Farran was wrong. She continues sensational (Go away shoujo with shonen arts, hehe ^^). As Double Arts is the first series of Naoshi, it's difficult to discern the intentions of some attitudes. But I think now Sui, Elle and Kiri are already taking a solid form. Farran is still a mystery "cliché".

By the way, the news about Double Arts and Akamaru Jumps made me smile. I bet it'll be funny.
 

Muddy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Amazing chapter; couldn't be farther from "boring." Really awesome and surprising developments. Also, given Naoshi's refusal to adhere to cliches, I can't wait to see how this "training" will turn out.

The only bad part in all this is how low Double Arts is in the ToC for the next issue... how the hell did it drop to second-from-last?
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Reading some of these comments makes me somewhat upset. Reading the manga week by week - though that's the way it has to be - apparently makes people demand a hell of a lot in every single one, with who-knows-how-high expectations.

I've just finished catching up to this one (read 7-17 for the first time yesterday and today) and I am astounded at how unbelievably well-paced this manga is. It's really incredible, and one of the first times I've seen it done so well in a shounen manga (DGM had a similar feel going in the beginning but then the plot went bonkers; in a good way, mind, but it dropped the kind of steady-push plot we have here).

Between character introductions and development, characters coming in and out of the story (I love that Sui only drops by here and there), new villains appearing and old ones plotting stuff, this is simply really, really well-done. There's never too much action/ominous stuff without a break, and the peaceful times never stay completely stress-free themselves. There's this really excellent balance here.

I'm very surprised to read comments that complain about Double Arts getting "slow" or "boring." The only way I can make sense of them is to ascribe them to people's apparently laughably short attention spans, but that seems cruel so I'll blame it on people hating to wait a week between chapters :P

Anyway, I think Double Arts is fantastic. It got a bit over the top with all the dramatic screaming in the battle with Zezu but totally redeemed itself with the second action scene, all beautifully woven into a single amazing chapter. I really liked this story with Hine, too - I didn't find her annoying at all, but funny and charming. Sure, she was too "Mary Sue" to put into the storyline permanently but, again, I'm rather surprised people suspected that Komi Naoshi was actually planning to attach her to Kiri's other hand.

In any case, this is the most promising new manga I've read since DGM (out of those I've followed from the very beginning, that is) - and that one was a whiiiiile ago.
I have to agree with this assertion. In my own experience, many series (i.e. One Piece) get off to a slow start before the ball gets rolling. After rereading the first eighteen chapters, I find the opening arc to be very informative and hopeful that the mangaka will adhere to it. This is what we've seen thus far:

- What is Troi? What is Flare? What is the connection between the two?
- Who are the Gazelles? We have 10 unknown members, unknown plans, & unknown connection to Troi
- Who is the other person who is like Kiri?
- What's the deal with Fallan?
- What's the deal with skipping Kiri's race?

I'm sure I'm missing a few things, but these past eighteen chapters have been very productive. I'm sure people have been griping about the matter with Sister Hine, but I find it unlikely that the mangaka won't expand upon what is beginning to happen to Elle considering her rather "unique" position.

Thus far, I enjoy how this series has been handled (even for the Zezu incident). Furthermore, I like how Kiri/Elle, Sui, and Zezu fight, which will probably be expanded upon to make the fights even more enjoyable. I do believe this series holds potential. What matters above all else is how Double Arts will be handled, which is going to be a grueling task since only 1 chapter is released per week.

Amazing chapter; couldn't be farther from "boring." Really awesome and surprising developments. Also, given Naoshi's refusal to adhere to cliches, I can't wait to see how this "training" will turn out.
Agreed.

The only bad part in all this is how low Double Arts is in the ToC for the next issue... how the hell did it drop to second-from-last?
Doesn't matter. SJ has a tendency of canceling series if popularity remains relatively low for about two years (i.e. Mx0, Busou Renkin). If memory serves me right, DA has had a few chapters which were rated quite well, and there's still the issue of how Volume 1 will sale. I'd only be worried if DA continues this cycle for a while, but I doubt it'll happen. Things such as DA having 1 chapter be 45 pages in addition to several colored pages indicates this series has garnered attention, in Japan at least.

Thus far, the mangaka gives the impression of being competent, so I'm not worried about DA's future for the time being.

well,Im curious bout the persons wearing a cape standing next to zezu...I wonder him/her is the right hand man of zezu(or just his secretary).
I'd imagine they're members who are like Zezu, one of the 11 promiment members of the Gazelles.
 
Last edited:

segua

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
2,677
Reaction score
348
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm still confused when Zezu was touched by Kiri and Zezu turned black or something. It seems as if Zezu or the Gazelle members are the source of Troi. Troi seems to almost be like an anti-Flare.

Heck, I could've misunderstood what was happening in that scene but it seems that Zezu seems to know what Flare is by his facial expression.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Well read the scans and I must say it gets back better than previous chapters. It's cool to see how zezu didn't care about farran being with the kids, he enjoyed it so I do expect very strong and dangerous gazelle. I wonder how farran will react to kiri saying that joining them isn't necessary but training them is enough. Well he certainly remind the words of the futureteller and might he be the person to do the things opposed as what other think and believe :D
 

EL_manana

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
177
Reaction score
15
Gender
Female
Country
Russian Federation
Ok, now I am reading Double Arts too ^^
The art is gorgeous! And the story doesn't seem to be too cliche. The disease and sisters and that "hold hands or you die" thing are all original and interesting. Though I don't like the boy very much. He is a good person for sure but he decided to help El too quickly, it looked as if such an easy decision for him, as if he was almost ready for all this. Not that I was expecting him to abandon her, but...oh, it's hard to express in words. It just seemed too rushed. El is a good character. I usually don't like girls like her but recently her decisions and actions made me respect her a lot. I totally love both Sui and Farran (and them togeather^^). Sui is such a bright and cool character. I don't remember being so much impressed with a fighting style for a long long time. And her love for cherries is so cute. I so much hope Farran goes with them after he trains El and Kiri. Recent chapters about sister Heine were brilliant!!!!! They almost brought me to tears. The art was super! And the very last chapter was good, but I think I would rather prefer Kiri and El figure out their fighting style on their own. It was cool too see them plan their combo right on the battlefield. Oh, and just now I've understood what I like so much in this manga- it is when El is commenting the story like from the distant future. And it always seems so sad- almost like implying that something bad will happen. With Kiri maybe...
 
Top