Recent content by Binky

  1. Binky

    The Finestela Thread

    Ooh, a thread of your own. Very slick. :) Thanks for everything, in particular for your translations, not that I don't hold RAW providers in equally worshipful regard to translators, just because I'm in the camp who haven't read a lot of the series which you provide RAWs for. :darn :worship
  2. Binky

    The end is just the beginning

    Re: Join hatsu in his quest for Innovator-ship! In hatsu-chwan's case... Spite. Yes, definitely spite.
  3. Binky

    The end is just the beginning

    Re: Join hatsu in his quest for Innovator-ship! Hmm... OK, so you're an eight year old? Most of my actions in life are taken due to spite, grumpiness or just plain nastiness. Sorry. :(
  4. Binky

    The end is just the beginning

    Re: Join hatsu in his quest for Innovator-ship! Run with it, there are worse things to be called. Though I can't work out how any of them would be applied to you... Hmm... I'll try and think of a suitable insult for you. My new life quest.
  5. Binky

    How did you come across MangaHelpers?

    I think thatbabo told me post a scan here back in the days of R/T/S threads.
  6. Binky

    Discussion Where do YOU go to read your manga?

    MangaShare, MangaHelpers and Manga Editor websites or channels... I think that's it. I do haunt a few other forums to greater or lesser extent, but for the actual Manga I don't really need an overload of sources.
  7. Binky

    Discussion Why do you read Edited Mangas

    Why do you read Edited Mangas? Is it because it's faster, more accurate, etc? Speed and accuracy. How did you learn about Edited Mangas? I was a purely anime viewer at first, and from joining some online communities learned that Edited Mangas were to Manga what fansubs were to anime. Then I happened...
  8. Binky

    Discussion My first manga was...and why

    Re: My first manga was... Bleach. Now I can barely stomach reading it, though it is occasionally unintentionally hilarious. How sad, I should have more nostalgia... Where has my innocence gone? :amuse
  9. Binky

    How did you get your username?

    From Terry Pratchett's Discworld, Binky is the name of Death's horse, he originally tried skeletal ones, but bits fell off and flaming ones burned the stable down, so he settled for a normal horse called Binky...
  10. Binky

    Done Translating dialects

    There are certain pan-dialectic features that can be used to convey speech patterns, without necessarily tying the character into a specific regional dialect - which can often carry whole hosts of connotations, not all of which may be appropriate. For example, dropping the g from -ing suffixed...
  11. Binky

    Done ToLoveRu 149 + DeroDero 1 and 268

    My pleasure. :)
  12. Binky

    New Manga Editor Membergroup!

    If it's needed (Probably not, since you've already spoken to xi0, but anyway...), I'll vouch, damnz has certainly done more for Binktopia in recent times than myself (To my shame. :() and has also worked with JAC I think.
  13. Binky

    New Manga Editor Membergroup!

    fxu and I are of one mind in this issue, truly, for the style-conscious Manga Editor, hot pink is the only choice. :amuse
  14. Binky

    Psyren ch.16 Cover COLORED

    Wooh, I got the reference, I read a couple of Exalted comics by UDON. Great job Emery, I know nothing of this colouring lark, but it looks cool, which is good enough for me. :)
  15. Binky

    Summer The Baseball Thread

    Re: Baseball Topic AL East: Boston AL Central: Detroit AL West: Seattle AL Wild Card: New York (Yankees) NL East: New York (Mets) NL Central: Chicago (Cubs) NL West: Arizona NL Wild Card: Phillies WS: Cubs (Because no one else will make this "prediction" :P) And to resurrect the...
Top