Recent content by flunko

  1. Done "金ゾル" anybody?

    Hmm... doesn't look like you're misreading it, but the best idea that I can think of is that he's calling the guy a 金ヅル, which makes a hell of a lot more sense. It's a standard derogatory term for a sponsor, pretty much exactly what you're looking for. Did your scanner or cleaner accidentally...
  2. Done 咲くまえの桜

    Irrelevant to the thread, but I couldn't help pushing your "shameless self-promotion!" button. Love it. The original Japanese is fairly poetic, so I don't see anything wrong with sprucing it up a bit yourself. i.e. -> "A cherry tree (or sakura, it's almost English now, you could get away with...
  3. Done Some help please

    I second that, doesn't seem to be any jargon hiding in there.
  4. Done Few lines

    Bit of a difficult translation there! It's hard to know quite what's going on without any context, but I'll write down everything I noticed. Hope it helps! From the top: *I was ordered, confidentially(内密に, check your kanji), to help this person (仰せつかる is ordered or commanded ->...
  5. Done Need help with two bubbles :/

    Elasticity sounds a little bit creepy. If you used the word "tight" for the first part then you could use "firm" instead of elastic. Or, maybe you could use "supple", "yielding", "bouncy"... does that help at all?
  6. Done Cut-off text

    Hey, I don't think anything is missing in the bubble really, except for the very last line with is probably しかるべき or something like that. I think it's possibly just a badly edited manga. 「エキストラたるお前たちはそ」 「そうした導き対してもっと」 I think the そ in the first line here is the same そ from the second line...
  7. Done A few phrases

    1) "You're such a busy body", "You stick your nose into things too much", "You meddle too much", "It's none of your business"... or anything similar, context should tell you which one is better. 2) Is it wrong to go simple? How about - "for you... and for me..." 3) (Hmmm... interesting comic...
  8. Databook II Naruto Databook 2 Edited Manga Thread

    Re: Databook 2 Edited Manga Thread Hi, just thought I'd let you guys know that I'm not going to be doing any translations till at least after the 10th of Jan. I'm up in Tokyo doing an internship at a hotel.. Anyways, just thought I'd let you know, cheers
  9. Raruto Chapter 07

    Haha, that was hell funny XDD good work!
  10. Databook II [Flunko] Databook 2 - Misc

    Re: Databook 2 - Filler Translations Here's the rest of the fillers that were posted a while back, I only translated the headings, and captions... none of the speech bubbles (and I feel strangely guilty :xp) _________________________________________________ Page 018-019 1. Three coloured...
  11. Databook II [Flunko] Databook 2 - Misc

    Re: Databook 2 - Filler Translations Here's the last filler you posted, I'll go back and do the other fillers as well.. and i won't worry about the speech bubbles (yay!!) cheers _________________________________________________ Top Box 誕生日 7月7日(4歳 - かに座) Birthday July 7th (4 y/o – Cancer)...
  12. Databook II Naruto Databook 2 Edited Manga Thread

    Re: Databook 2 Edited Manga Thread pages 214-215 of Kidoumaru's jutsu are up[br]Posted on: 17 December 2006, 21:28:08_________________________________________________Um.. me again. just uploaded 216-217
  13. Databook II [Flunko] Databook 2 - Jutsus

    Databook 2 - page 216-217, more creepy kumo jutsu Here's the next of Kidoumaru's jutsu... Translating this reminded me of his awesome fight with neji **runs back to watch it for the nth time :eyeroll** Enjoy... _________________________________________________ Page 216-217 Page 216...
  14. Databook II [Flunko] Databook 2 - Jutsus

    Databook 2 - Page 214-215, Spider jutsu etc Here's pp214-215 It's hard to get the phrasing to sound natural... Any advice would be welcomed :s _________________________________________________ Page 214-215 Page 214 Black box: 秘伝  忍術  蜘蛛戦弓・凄裂 Secret jutsu Ninjutsu Spider War Bow...
  15. Databook II Naruto Databook 2 Edited Manga Thread

    Re: Databook 2 Edited Manga Thread is it alright if I still just whack a post up here when I upload new translations?
Top