Recent content by Fujihara

  1. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: Nana's Ai Yazawa Puts Manga on Hold Due to Illness ^yeah, anyone know?
  2. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: Nana Hangout Thread @Smoking-- Also let's keep in mind that smoking in general is very common in Japan (and the rest of Asia). I highly doubt tobacco companies make most of their profits in the US these days. Having so many characters smoking would be a pretty fair representation even if...
  3. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: Nana's Ai Yazawa Puts Manga on Hold Due to Illness I went to the Cookie fan site, because there's a section where you can write fan-mail to the authors. In other words, it's possible to send "get-well" e-mails. It's these kinds of times we must show our emotional support as fans, and let...
  4. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: Nana 84 Discussion/85 Predictions Threads @baboysai-- I still think present Hachi is much more growed up than past Hachi, so the further back you go, the "weaker" you could call her. Right now, I likes Hachi lots. As for mental stability, no issues there as Hachi is the normal one...
  5. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: [Shoujo] Nana by Yazawa Ai @Goal-- I also respect your views (if that has to be said), and it's actually quite amazing how intelligent the discussion in this thread is. Maybe certain folks to certain manga. Well I personally don't think that love has to be pure, and strength of love is...
  6. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: [Shoujo] Nana by Yazawa Ai I don't think this is quite right. Nobu's not so stupid and naive that he would pin his future with a someone else's wife. The fact that he has strong feelings for Hachi is undeniable, but both Nobu and Nana know that his feelings for Hachi <should by social...
  7. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: [Shoujo] Nana by Yazawa Ai Hachi BECOMES sensitive to other's feelings. Don't get me wrong, present Hachi is just so responsible. The one thing I can't get if she and Takumi are responsible in the same way and understand each other really well, or not. Sometimes they are so on the same...
  8. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: [Shoujo] Nana by Yazawa Ai ^Because he's a blond elementary school kid, of course he's going to get picked on in Japan (yeah I know his hair color is probably only like that because it's a manga, :P). To be honest, and I'm sure Aizawa did this purposefully, little Ren's demeanor seems to...
  9. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: [Shoujo] Nana by Yazawa Ai ^I guess that's possible, but I doubt it because I think the doctor would have mentioned something that important. :S
  10. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: [Shoujo] Nana by Yazawa Ai @Dutchess-- Thanks! :D Crude Nana is awesome I'm 90% certain that the words at the end of chapter 82 are indeed Hachi. Hachi/Nana have always done the opening/closing words (except in the special chapters like Nobu/Naoki where they told their own stories)...
  11. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: [Shoujo] Nana by Yazawa Ai Huh? First of all, please remember this is a Japanese manga-- you can't take the english Edited Mangas literally. There is no "that fellow" in Japanese. The Japanese word in question here is "aitsu" which is partly used because of Takumi's informal speech, but...
  12. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: [Shoujo] Nana by Yazawa Ai @goal-- you're welcome :D I just wanted to say again that the translation team that did the Edited Manga for 83 on onemanga is quite good. Anyway, the meaning is completely correct, there's just a few places I feel like the English could have been made more...
  13. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: [Shoujo] Nana by Yazawa Ai C-B released? Well then this might be a bit late, but I did my own translation for 82. Take a look if you like http://mangahelpers.com/t/fujihara/releases/11863 [hr] @himemo-- while Nana certainly has angst issues about her mother, there's never been any...
  14. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: [Shoujo] Nana by Yazawa Ai I highly doubt Yazawa was thinking in depth about fertility cycles when she wrote the manga. :S I think what events occur from here will be more dependent on the flow of the story rather than real-life science. The impossible happens in manga precisely because...
  15. Fujihara

    Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

    Re: [Shoujo] Nana by Yazawa Ai Ok, I can see your point there. :S Himemo-- I'm going to respond to your other comments in reverse order (for ease of remembering it all). Bear with me xD First off: Ichinose Satsuki is the 2nd Child, Ichinose Ren is the 1st Child (the one Hachi is now...
Top