Recent content by Gottheim

  1. Gottheim

    Seinen I Am a Hero by HANAZAWA Kengo

    Just for info: Multiple Organ Dysfunction and ASPD are real life afflictions, the latter being commonly associated with sociopathy. So not only are they more concerned about finding a name for the disease rather than fighting it, they're coming up with something thoroughly mundane, and blatantly...
  2. Gottheim

    Hangout Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin by ISAYAMA Hajime Well, volumes are released about as fast as I can translate them.:p Given that I have several work-intensive projects (Wolfsmund and Sakuranbo Syndrome among others) to take care of, all I can do is ask for your understanding and patience. Now about...
  3. Gottheim

    Hangout Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin by ISAYAMA Hajime Well, as far as "price" goes, each use of Titan power does seem to take a toll on Eren's health and general well-being. Armin did point out his nosebleeds and overall sickly countenance after the first couple of transformations. IMO, the whole Titan...
  4. Gottheim

    The Gottheim thread!!

    Hi, folks. Sorry for the late response. I was kinda not really expecting people to post in here, to tell the truth. Glad you like it. God willing, I'll work on the whole series. I'm not sure I understand what you mean. But often I've run into phrasings that sounded so much like translated...
  5. Gottheim

    Hangout Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin by ISAYAMA Hajime Neither did I when I translated this. I even fear I might have screwed this up somehow.:s
  6. Gottheim

    Hangout Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin by ISAYAMA Hajime Well, I have good news. The second volume has been fully translated, and Edited Manga should follow within the next few days. Stay tuned.:ossu
  7. Gottheim

    Hangout Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

    Re: [FEATURED] Shingeki no Kyojin by ISAYAMA Hajime I rendered it as "Eren" because I couldn't think of any Germanic male name even remotely sounding like it. And calling the main char Ellen sounded a bit awkward, so... EDIT: That said, the cast does feature a guy who goes by the name of...
  8. Gottheim

    Seinen Dorohedoro by Hayashida Kyu

    15 volume's out at Jcafe.
  9. Gottheim

    Done 咲くまえの桜

    Well, I, for one couldn't find any expression containing 咲くまえの桜. You'll want to wait for someone with greater expertise than I to confirm this, but from what I can tell your first impression is the correct one, though my translation would go: "The cherry (tree) about to bloom doesn't even...
  10. Gottheim

    Done Obscure expression.

    Thanks. As a translation, the whole concept is too complex to render accurately in English, so I'll roll with "Supreme abnegation for the sake of the defenseless." Unless someone has a better idea. Thanks again!:ossu
  11. Gottheim

    Done Obscure expression.

    I'd like to have a small portion of text translated. The character who says this is supposed to be a righteous man stating his resolve to protect the weak. The part I'm interested in is in bold: 牙を持たぬ人のため 地下百尺の捨石となる The way I understand it, it means something along the lines of "the invisible...
  12. Gottheim

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Translation Dragon Ball!!<3 Are you sure that information is not available elsewhere? You'd think translators would be quick to pick up such a popular series. And it's not like the text is very difficult either. Oh, well...
  13. Gottheim

    The Gottheim thread!!

    OMG, replies in this thread!:o Guin Saga is awesome. Some of that must have rubbed off me...:eyeroll Among other things, yes. Pleased to meet you too. Ouch!! I'm planning on learning German someday... Now I know what I must prepare myself for.:darn And no, learning Japanese is not that hard...
  14. Gottheim

    Done Kanji recognition & translation

    恋する喧嘩小僧・半座龍之介の青春空手道 Should be clearer now. As for 血風録 it doesn't seem to be a real word. I'd go for something along the lines of "Bloodstorm Chronicles". Presumably a reference to the novel "Shinsengumi Keppuuroku", "Record of Shinsengumi Bloodshed".
  15. Gottheim

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Translation Assistance requested. ちわっス means "Hi", or "Yo". In context, you could translate as "Yep", "Righto", or my favorite: "Aye-aye" (or just "Aye").
Top