Recent content by Homeless Ninja

  1. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond 292 Spoiler Discussion http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html Looks like Inoue is a little sick, and continuing with Musashi and his new friends.
  2. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond 291 Discussion / 292 Prediction Thread Like Aquarius said, don't count on seeing those things happen, especially Osaka. Gonnosuke is still a realistic option though. I do think Inoue might have some more pre-duel story for us, since, even though Matahachi promised to get to the...
  3. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Vagbond 289 Discussion / 290 Prediction Thread It's out. http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vagae.html Heh.
  4. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread I meant the subjective personal stakes involved, not just life or death, but how life would be different afterward, especially for Musashi. Everyone dies, but it doesn't always have meaning, and those fights had great meaning behind them, not just as far as life or...
  5. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagbond 288 Discussion / 289 Prediction Thread I agree with almost everything you said, the Hyogo fight isn't really necessary, and Gon might have been traded for Ito (a trade I'd take again any day). But, the door isn't necessarily closed on those fights either. After all, Kojiro just...
  6. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagbond 288 Discussion / 289 Prediction Thread GREAT call! I totally missed the significance of that, and now that you mention it, Musashi is doing the same thing in the extra pages of volume 32. I must say, that's really cool.
  7. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagbond 288 Discussion / 289 Prediction Thread That episode had a little bit of everything, Matahachi's storytelling, acting kind of like a highlight real, allowing Inoue to jump in and out of the narrative however, and whenever, he pleases. It's funny how closely Matahachi's story mirrors...
  8. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Vagbond 288 Discussion / 289 Prediction Thread http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html I can't wait to see the official translation of that, since it seems to clearly deal with the end of Vagabond "announcement" and possibly the reaction to it. Anyway, looks like we have Kojiro...
  9. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread Heh, he has been quite stretched to the limit working on his various series and side projects, like setting up the latest LAST Manga exhibit site. I wish he'd just take a vacation or ease his schedule. It wouldn't exactly be awful if slowed down to every other week...
  10. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread That's my concern as well, Inoue certainly won't be able to finish the series in the manner he's done it to this point, which was pretty effective multi-layered storytelling that was seemingly still branching out. Of course, that style may just not lend itself to...
  11. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread Au contraire, that's why those duels were three of the best and most important, the action only heightened by the greater stakes and meaning set behind them. I find myself re-reading those fights, particularly Seijuro and Baiken, because they're so compelling and...
  12. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Buying the manga For those interested, there's a volume list with buying links for each one here. It goes to Viz store, which sells through Amazon, and you can get some sweet deals (I ended up getting volume 31 for like $4 through some promotion when I pre-ordered it). Also, you can find...
  13. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagbond 287 Discussion / 288 Prediction Thread That's possible, but it's a more understandable deviation from a translation standpoint, so I'd give Inoue the benefit of the doubt (always look at the translation before the original, after all). On the other hand, let's give both the benefit...
  14. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread Musashi's new circumstances aside, it hasn't changed that much, there's always been extended periods of reflection and plot development between Musash's milestone battles, they've just gradually gotten longer and more cerebral. Volumes 22-24 after his fight with...
  15. Homeless Ninja

    Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

    Re: Vagbond 286 Discussion / 287 Prediction Thread Some ruminations on all this... Ittosai's encounter with Yagyu, when Sekishusai stifles him by comparing him to a beast, and it seems Yagyu later refers to Ittosai's aggression with the lines, "Oh, don't worry." "That is unrivaled under heaven...
Top