Recent content by Name-Undecided

  1. Name-Undecided

    Cleaning How can I clean a raw manga ?

    Re: How can I scan a raw manga ? Read every single line in every single link in this thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5686
  2. Name-Undecided

    Scanning how do i rip apart the manga volume book?

    It's not that ancient, actually. We have one at home, we call it a "box iron." We almost never use it though, because it's remarkably inefficient.
  3. Name-Undecided

    Cleaning Preserving the 'pattern.'

    Gray out? What do you mean by gray out? If you mean you're going to paint over it in gray...(worst.idea.ever) Well, try it and post the results here and let's see.
  4. Name-Undecided

    Cleaning Preserving the 'pattern.'

    Hello. The pattern is the screentone and if you want to preserve it, there are some ways to go about it. You can forgo using filters on the page. That means no Denoise/Topaz/whatever it's called. Use manual cleaning methods like leveling, brush tools, dodge/burn tools, etc. Technically it...
  5. Name-Undecided

    Misc Attempt Hi, could I please ask for a critique and some help on this?

    Coloring is not my forte, so I can't give any advice. The first picture looks better than the second, but I'm not sure the sea should be such a deep, brilliant blue when it's sunset. A simple google search will show you some more realistic color schemes.
  6. Name-Undecided

    Discussion Photoshop - Questions and Discussion

    Re: Bizarre Leveling Problem I don't get your problem. I mean, of course the picture is going to turn black/white if you move one of the indicators all the way to the other side. It's not a bug, it's a feature.
  7. Name-Undecided

    Typesetting Font Identification and Recommendations

    Re: Just another person looking for a font I see it now. Too bad I don't know that font.
  8. Name-Undecided

    Typesetting Font Identification and Recommendations

    Re: Just another person looking for a font I got a 403 Forbidden error. Upload it somewhere else.
  9. Name-Undecided

    Challenge Attempt [AcidCherry] attemps Editing Practice #001

    Try different fonts as well. (politely refrains from bashing Anime Ace)
  10. Name-Undecided

    Misc Attempt My Filterless Clean Attempt

    The lines definitely look jagged. Maybe you ran the Burn tool over them by accident? That tends to ruin edges like crazy. There's still dirt in several places as well. Edit: also the textures in her hair are washed out. If you don't want to overlevel them, you can use the filter mask to cover...
  11. Name-Undecided

    Cleaning Help with cleaning this scan?

    You read different guides, look at different scans and experiment. Keep the original scans somewhere safe and practice at will on the copies. Try a little leveling, a lot of leveling, play with the brushes, play with the dodge and burn tools, etc. If you post your results here, the experts (i.e...
  12. Name-Undecided

    Cleaning Help with cleaning this scan?

    Good way to turn raw scan into HQ scan: start with an HQ scan. Since you're scanning yourself, you can actually do that. Scan at at least 600 dpi (or go crazy and hit 1200 dpi) to preserve as many of the details as possible then take it from there with the standard photoshop tools (crop, level...
  13. Name-Undecided

    Cleaning Help with cleaning this scan?

    By pre-clean you mean *gag* filters?
  14. Name-Undecided

    Done [JP] Having difficulties with a Japanese cultural concept...

    Re: Having difficulties with a Japanese cultural concept... 頑張んなきゃ is short for 頑張らなければならない i.e. "I have to do my best". 俺ももっと頑張んなきゃって思う could be translated as "It makes me feel I have to try harder. The word here is 頑張る(ateji) 【がんばる】 (v5r,vi) (1) to persevere; to persist; to keep at it; to...
  15. Name-Undecided

    Done [JP] Help for a few things - Japanese

    Re: Help for a few things - Japanese Has her nose been stepped on or injured anyway? What about his? "Hana" also means "nose", you see.
Top