Recent content by Sanzoku_Densetsu

  1. Gantz Live Action Films Confirmed for 2011

    Seems Oku noticed that someone American uploaded the first 5 minutes of the film on youtube?
  2. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    To be honest I don't trust my abilities enough and don't think I can base my interpretation on anything really valid. From previous discussions I've had with people that I know who are more accomplished in Japanese than I am, it appears knowing what could and could not be said instead is handy...
  3. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    Hey, sorry for leaving it so long before settling this. So when you say its up to your interpretation, do you mean its up to the audience's interpretation? If so, how would that be possible in English? :s
  4. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    We don't really know much about Seiya at this point, apart from the fact that his mother disappeared and left him with her boyfriend (I said step dad before but he's just a boyfriend it seems), who would beat him up and abuse him etc. In the previous chapter we find out that Seiya's bought a...
  5. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    Cool, cool. Next we've got page 13: From the second panel on.... ・・・・おまえ母親に叩かれたりさんざんひでー事されたりしてたんだろ? ...Your mother beat you and did overwhelmingly (/harshly?) cruel things to you right? --From what I understand 叩かれた is to be beaten, but another translation could be to be abused as...
  6. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    With the losing vs separating, because the mother is the subject originally I thought "mother ended up being separated from me" but I thought that might sound a little unnatural? Dunno.
  7. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    When you say pretty much... Is there room for improvement? :P Next is page 12: Just another general check for the first part. 今でもあれはあたしが悪いんじゃないかって Even now sometimes I think... 時々そう思うんだ ...That I could have still been the one in the wrong. あたしがいつも休んでる身体測定に出たから I'd always...
  8. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    Ah ok, many thanks both of you guys. :) Next is page 8, the next one along. Just a general check for this one really... あれ程 学校で裸になるなって言ってたのになんで脱いだのよ——っ!! Even though I told you never to reveal yourself at school, why did you take your clothes off!? おかげで学校に呼び出されたじゃない!! Thanks to you here I...
  9. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    I think It might be easier if I just give you the whole chapter, you probably wont be able to get anything from the previous page. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=92AFFNQF I did think of hunger, but to be struck/hit with hunger....?
  10. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    Cheers for the last piece of advice. So I'm back with more questions... Line: ちゃんとしてないとハンガーで殴られたり "To be beaten with a hanger(??) when not behaving perfectly"? so 2 questions, what's the deal with the ハンガー? Is it a particular type of "hanger" that I'm not thinking of? What comes to mind is...
  11. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    So due to circumstances involving herself? Should I just say "Due to circumstances blah blah"?
  12. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    So she's saying due to certain circumstances related to the editor-in-chief she hasn't yet been able to make an appointment? Or related to some other party? Or is it impossible to tell? :p and yeah, the last line comes straight after.
  13. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    Cool thanks, 先方の都合でまだアポ取れてなくて Due to other circumstances I'm yet to make an appointment (?) ええ 明日には必ず・・・・ Yes, tomorrow I'll most definitely... (I assume she's talking about making the appointment?)
  14. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    Ah ok, no problem :) Here's a phone conversation that comes up. There's nothing before and there's nothing that follows this conversation so I decided it's not worth posting the page since there's no real context to understand. We have no previous knowledge as to what the mother's profession...
  15. Done GTO Shonan 14 Days help

    Ah right, however, when i put 躾 into this I get: 躾 【しつけ】 (n) (uk) home discipline; training; upbringing; breeding; (P); EP I guess there's something in 躾がなる that I'm not getting?
Top