Recent content by therocomotion

  1. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    I can definitely see FLCL in CSM. Makima's relationship with Denji being very similar to Haruko's relationship with Naota.
  2. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Even ignoring "leaks", there is no way a SxF anime isn't already, at the very least, on the planning stages.
  3. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    I was liking Ghost (Reaper) Girl until I checked the Japanese raws. The first chapter flip was readable, but in the second chapter it completely destroys the flow of the action scenes.
  4. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Act-Age was a bottom-dweller until Chiyoko's introduction. It basically only survived because Bozebeats flopped harder.
  5. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    The problem is that these examination introduction arcs are always the exact same. The hero flunks the first part but then he aces some sort of practical test. Looking at the last page makes it obvious what it's going to happen because the same thing always happens. The MHA template is the...
  6. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Kaijuu no. 8 turned into a MHA template manga...
  7. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    The third chapter of Kaijuu No. 8 turned a bit MHA-ish, but I'm willing to see where it goes.
  8. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Really? It happens all the time in UwU. Nothing against UwU, it's a decent manga, and Unlucky has held her ground decently considering her situation, but she is frequently placed in a situation in which Andy has to save her. I guess at least she isn't really a badass yet and is still...
  9. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    I don't mean that they're the same, I mean that they're the same for the purpose of the story. It just needed to be a reason for Arkham to idolize Chloe.
  10. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    I liked Ghost Girl, but the lolicon stuff feel superfluous considering the main character is a grown woman. Like, what's the point? Could have made him a fanboy of "magical girls" and it would have been functionally the same.
  11. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    The villains in MHA were kinda unpopular before they had their big arc. They never broke into the top 10.
  12. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    I don't think they're ending next month or anything, but I don't see Neverland or Kimetsu lasting beyond 2020.
  13. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Act-Age cover leak when?
  14. therocomotion

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Both Yozakura and Mitama did under 10k, anyway. Even manga with weak initial sales like Kimetsu and Act-Age crossed that on volume 1.
Top