Recent content by tradedaemon

  1. tradedaemon

    Seinen Ookami no Monshou by Tabata Yoshiaki

    Re: [Featured] Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest (OOKAMI NO MONSHOU) by YUGO Yuuki The gun men were after Haguro, not Inugami.
  2. tradedaemon

    Typesetting advice with typesetting please

    Re: [beginner] advice with typesetting please Why don't you just make the box fatter? Stick an inside strike on a rectangle shape about 2-3px and you're good. I'd avoid rotating text 90 degrees if you can help it, especially if it's pertinent to the story. If anything, go outside the borders...
  3. tradedaemon

    Seinen Kouya ni Kemono Doukokusu by Yumemakura Baku & Itoh Sei

    Focusing on finishing other stuff before getting back to this one.
  4. tradedaemon

    Discussion Honorifics Philosophy

    Well, I know Del Ray kept the archaic honorifics for Basilisk, so not all publishers drop them. But I go for translations without them, since they aren't an English thing. You just gotta mess with your dialog to show the intimacy/respect level. And really, it doesn't seem like you lose much...
  5. tradedaemon

    Done Verdant Lord vol 2

    Could you post page links? Might be easier to determine the context and give you an answer.
  6. tradedaemon

    Upload zip to server from http link

    Ugh.... Java...... It'd be just as easy to do it in php. Anyway, sure the masterminds are working on it.
  7. tradedaemon

    Feedback Problems with the site?

    Yeah, I'm getting that too when I look at my group page and earlier when I was uploading.
  8. tradedaemon

    Upload zip to server from http link

    I hate uploading things twice, so could you guys add the option to upload via an http link and the server will download and parse from that? That'd save me some time.
  9. tradedaemon

    Miscellaneous Advice for a soloist-turned-group leader?

    Don't you have like five projects already, and you want to do more? Love slayers btw. Since you know all the positions, offer to train editors and cleaners. I ended up translating, precleaning the pages(level, crop, rotate), getting a typer and then I just have a few staff for cleaning text...
  10. tradedaemon

    Done Translating dialects

    Even though I haven't really had to deal with dialects, most of the stuff that's been said here is how I do general character dialog distinctions in relation to Japanese speech style and character background, so I guess this applies? Uncouth characters (When the japanese's contracted/なきゃ and...
  11. tradedaemon

    Done Translating dialects

    Very nice. I haven't really run into any character that needed a specific dialect, except one character had a speech impediment which was fun. But that's not dialect, more general speech style in line with the delinquent style and the wordy scientist kind.
  12. tradedaemon

    Translation Scripts next to Raws

    Since you have this whole giant community that not only does Edited Mangas but text translations as well, why not have a way for the users to load a translation next to a raw (or non-english script next to a Edited Manga) so the users can read it that way if they prefer? Because in this world...
  13. tradedaemon

    Done Translation help

    Just a guess but: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~va4h-nsn/news4.htm Says the first part is Cyclamen. So maybe Asei of the Cyclamen (Asei being a name).
Top