Manhwa - The Breaker by Geuk-Jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Manhwa The Breaker by Geuk-Jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park

kangclaw

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Breaker
By Keuk-jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park

A new HR teacher, Chun-woo is not your ordinary teacher with his wily ambitions. After unexpectedly witnessing his great power, Shin-woo begs him to teach him so he can become stronger. Chun-woo claims he can only teach Shin-woo after he throws his body into a deep river to prove his will. However, Shin-woo didn't know his master was much stronger than he could possibly imagine. He was a killer with mastery of nine martial arts who was hiding himself after a big mission!

Hi everyone, I looked for a thread on this manwha but couldn't find it so here goes. :)
It is a really good manwha.

The Breaker

Raws: volume 01- volume 07
Translated: Chapter 1-36

Author: Jeon Keuk-jin
Artist: Park Jin-Hwan
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=27595

If anybody has comments please post. I dont want to give too much spoilers for the people who have not read it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oxwivi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Re: The Breaker by Keuk-jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park

Hi there! I am one of the readers, & have read all the way to latest Edited Mangas on One Manga, chapter 26.

Looks like an ultimate weapon is created, whose presence is unknown to Murim. I like it!

kangclaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

The chapters are getting really good. :)
The student seems to have a knack for martial arts.

Last edited:

Pavitre

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India

nice manga, you made the thread before me lol.
This is gonna be one long manga and many things are to be revealed as the protagonist(it's the little boy i think), still hasn't developed any real powers, his master on the othre hand seems he can take on all the bad guys himself

hopeandlight

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

The chapters are getting really good. :)
The student seems to have a knack for martial arts.
yes, the story's finally getting serious
I've read up to ch 29
shi woon ? finally learns the cool ki punch and he got it pretty quick. I love how he breaks that wall. it was about time he got strong!

any guesses to why the little girl is so small even though she's 15

also read the raws
shi finally knocks out that bully, but so crazy people from that organization come
I'm not sure whose good or bad
but that black hair kid who got punched by shi looks like akira from hikaru no go
I wonder if they'll have the same type of rivalry
he seems a little..., not sure how to decribe, but he was feeling he's heart where it almost got hit and think about shi

kangclaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

WARNING MAJOR SPOILER FOR VOLUME 6 AND 7 !!!!
If you have not read or seen the raws of earlier volume 5, do not.

by licalier from winny club - jCafe

Volume 6 - REALLY basic summary -

Siwoo and Chunwoo are supposed to be training but the trip turns into a normal trip to the beach. Once they get back they are surprised by a Murim guy who is looking for Chunwoo (because Alex was stupid enough to lead him right to Siho's apartment). Chunwoo gives chase and is about to kill the guy when Siwoo stops him. Chunwoo and Siho realise that they have to leave now, Chunwoo gives what could be the last personal lesson (he made videos on his phone) on Bo-bup (way of stepping? I have no idea on the translation for this one). Siwoo surprises him yet again by picking up on the theory almost immediately. Chunwoo and Siho then leave after Chunwoo gives Siwoo his phone, they do the whole "thank you and goodbye!" thing.

The next day Siwoo arrives at school. The bullies appear but he stares them down. Murim people arrive looking for Chunwoo. The lady teacher that Chunwoo kept dumping rings up the number she has but Siwoo picks up. He is talking when he gets his head bashed with a baseball bat. Ladidadida... Anyway, Siwoo eventually punches out the bully only to be grabbed by the Murim people. He runs, in the process showing that he has mastered "mirage step?" in the course of one night (his powerup is almost ridiculous...). The guy who beat him up before is in place to see this and decides to "help" Siwoo by bringing in all the other Murim factions to make sure that the Heaven's **** (not sure) clan doesn't grab Siwoo and kill him (They are trying to get this secret ki method from Chunwoo and they think they could use Siwoo as a hostage. The other guy doesn't know this. Of course both of them don't realise that Siwoo knows the method). Siwoo keeps running.

Chunwoo and Siho on the other hand are at port waiting for their ship out. WAFF moment. Alex barges in and tells them that Siwoo is in trouble. Later on they find that Siwoo has managed to escape capture for 6 hours and had broken the encirclement by the Murim (still getting chased though). Takeshi (Jap sword guy) implies that Chunwoo got some gullible fool to make a diversion for them which pisses him off. Chunwoo decides to go back and rescue the kid. Meanwhile Siwoo runs into some guy who has managed to conquer three clans (okay, so it's not much compared to nine clans but still pretty good!). Fight...

Volume 7 - REALLY basic summary -

Summary: Nine dragon is going back with the nurse to rescue the kid when they get stopped by her old comrade who wants to take her back with him. Nine dragon knocks her out and hands her over so that she wont get involved.

On the other front we see the kid has been captured and he is handed over to some guys who have come to pick him up. An instant later we find that the pickup was by a mysterious third party who is working against the martial arts union. A chase follows but through some surprise tactics the new guys manage to get away with the kid.

Nine dragon on the other hand is rampaging through the union HQ. He kills one of the nine heads (some iron something or rather guy) and then goes away and reminisces about his own teacher. Basically his teacher killed himself in order to try and save his life bec the nine clans were PISSED that some random guy had come and taken the title of nine clan dragon, a title which had been carefully kept away from anyone in order to preserve the balance. Of course, this didn't work and he still had to fight in the end. (Oh and by the way the Nine Dragon's teacher was the guy who developed the ki control technique that the Murim leaders are greedy for - He committed some "crime" and was told to stay in that cave until he was allowed to come out, an order he disobeyed to save his student).

The union leaders issue a call saying they have the kid trapped in the New Koa business building. A trap obviously, and the Nine Dragon calls them in on it. He issues a general call through their radio network giving out some details about the past which were hidden from most of the Murim. Three of the leaders get annoyed about this and go out on their own to take care of the Nine Dragon before he gets to the trap. They do this because actually following along with their original plan would now mean that they are acknowledging his words as true.

Fight scene, yadidadiyada. Ends with nurse lady coming to pull him out, and boy is she PISSED that he left her behind. She says she made her own choice to follow him and that it isn't his call. He finally gives in and asks if she will follow him till the end, to which she answers "yes".

... And if it isn't obvious by now that she loves him you seriously need to study up on human emotions

Pavitre

Reaction score
Country
India

nice spoiler, good fighting's on it's way

CaptFamous

Reaction score
Country
United States

any guesses to why the little girl is so small even though she's 15
Earlier on, they talk about how one of the reasons Shiwoo is weak is because he has a 4-yin body type. They explained it by saying that 4 of his 9 "arteries" (I think what she means is "ki channels", to steal a term from Veritas), are clogged. This makes it hard for his ki to flow, and makes him weak. When he takes the wonder drug, it manages to force the 4 channels open. The fact that he managed to overcome this is (presumably) the main reason he's so strong.

Now this girl was born with a 9-yin body type, i.e. all 9 of her major ki channels were blocked. Basically, her ki just doesn't flow, at all. Apparently, there's a legend that if she can unblock her ki channels, she's be powerful on a god-like scale. I would guess that the main reason that Shiwoo was given the wonder-drug was as a guinea pig, to see if it was possible to use it to help the girl. They said that 3 of them were stolen. I wouldn't be suprised if the girl had to use both of the other two.

Quetz

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Earlier on, they talk about how one of the reasons Shiwoo is weak is because he has a 4-yin body type. They explained it by saying that 4 of his 9 "arteries" (I think what she means is "ki channels", to steal a term from Veritas), are clogged. This makes it hard for his ki to flow, and makes him weak. When he takes the wonder drug, it manages to force the 4 channels open. The fact that he managed to overcome this is (presumably) the main reason he's so strong.

Now this girl was born with a 9-yin body type, i.e. all 9 of her major ki channels were blocked. Basically, her ki just doesn't flow, at all. Apparently, there's a legend that if she can unblock her ki channels, she's be powerful on a god-like scale. I would guess that the main reason that Shiwoo was given the wonder-drug was as a guinea pig, to see if it was possible to use it to help the girl. They said that 3 of them were stolen. I wouldn't be suprised if the girl had to use both of the other two.
I hadn't ever even put it together that shiwoo had a 3-yin body type. That makes it slightly disappointing that sosul has more potential (by a lotttttt) than our protagonist (whos growing on me pretty good right about now), but at the same time, it's so freakin' interesting....

See the picture in my sig? I, a person of zero experience (and questionable talent) threw that together with photoshop, because I feel that the series it links to is well worth your time to read. Why would I do this? Because it's just that good. Click the pic, and read the story.

devil761991

Reaction score
Country
India

breaker is great manga even better than veritas but still it is not very popular i dont understand . i guess coz it is a manwa but boy it is getting very intresting i cant wait which foot moves he is going to learn

Nurarihyon-Sama

Reaction score
Country
United States

true sosul has more ki potential but siwoo's talent is probably much greater

sabret00the

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Just read the first fifteen chapter and I must say, I approve, it's getting quite good. Quite easily on a par with Veritas.

CaptFamous

Reaction score
Country
United States

Just read the first fifteen chapter and I must say, I approve, it's getting quite good. Quite easily on a par with Veritas.
I think the combat art is a bit better than Veritas, more fluid, but the plot isn't nearly as cleverly written. It's a bit more straightforward, and not quite as original.

devil761991

Reaction score
Country
India

is there vol 8 for this manga??
has it stoped publishing or anything??

sabret00the

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

88 and 89 were released onto onemanga yesterday.

smokeesid

Reaction score
Country
India

Oh! This manga at first I thought is ok cuz of too much of text and simple action but as it goes just like Veritas has become one of my fav shonen along with Veritas and bakuman

sabret00the

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Well I completed all the available chapters last night. I kept expecting it to turn into a repeat of Veritas but it's managed to stay somewhat original, that said, we're at the point where this manwha has to really choose it's direction. I'm really looking forward to what happens next.

bellcrossage

Reaction score
Country
United States

88 and 89 were released onto onemanga yesterday.
I wouldn't confuse this manga with Until Death Do Us Part.

The Breaker has only 39 chapters that have been translated to English, Not 89.

sabret00the

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I wouldn't confuse this manga with Until Death Do Us Part.

The Breaker has only 39 chapters that have been translated to English, Not 89.
oops, you're right my bad, it was 38 and 39.