Come now, a man must display some madness from time to time. Helps him feel alive. | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Come now, a man must display some madness from time to time. Helps him feel alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yep he even saw her "ghost" when he killed that chick. Btw Flint and his men looked like terrorists or something like that, all dressed in black.:XD
Right now Flint ressembles more his counterpart from the book, he was also said to be insane.

Gotta love Silvers, the way he analyzed the situation about Flint.He's definitely one of my favorite characters on the show. I'm kinda disappointed that they already handled the situation about the gold off panel, I would have loved to see Jack trying to find a compromise with Vane and Flint. Maybe it will be shown in a flashback.
Yeah BB stole the show, but I was surprised he mentioned Vane rather than Flint. I guess they're trying to set up a rivalry between BB and Flint.
They really did look like terrorist, that was kinda odd for me to see; dunno. Probably with the look and colour it invokes more fear into the people they are chasing; so in essence they are shadows in the night.

That's what I was disappointed about too; considering how much seems to have occurred since the retrieval of the gold and this first episode. I do also hope we'll get that in a flashback.

Also how detestable are Hornigold and Dufresne? :notrust I've disliked the latter so much more since they changed his actor; he's just got that face you want to hit.

Blackbeard trying to settle in on Flint's patch; that won't end well. I wonder how long before he gets a sniff of the gold in the fort. When he does( which I'm sure is just an eventuality), Spain or England will be the least of Vane and Jack's problems.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
They really did look like terrorist, that was kinda odd for me to see; dunno. Probably with the look and colour it invokes more fear into the people they are chasing; so in essence they are shadows in the night.
More than just terrorists, their clothes had a distinct Middle Eastern/North african vibe with the turban.Their swords don't help either since they look like scimitars.:XD
The black is most likely to blend in with the shadows of the night, but also to instillate fear in the people. So in the end they looked more like terrorists than anything else. I wonder if it's deliberate, or maybe it was just a poor choice of costumes ? :hmm

That's what I was disappointed about too; considering how much seems to have occurred since the retrieval of the gold and this first episode. I do also hope we'll get that in a flashback.
Yep totally agree, knowing Flint and the fact he completely lost it after Barlowe's death, Vane must have shielded Jack and stopped Flint from killing him.
Also how detestable are Hornigold and Dufresne? :notrust I've disliked the latter so much more since they changed his actor; he's just got that face you want to hit.
Oh yeah those two are the worst, especially Dufresne. His face is so detestable. Also it was pretty easy for Eleanor to turn on Flint and the others.:heh

Blackbeard trying to settle in on Flint's patch; that won't end well. I wonder how long before he gets a sniff of the gold in the fort. When he does( which I'm sure is just an eventuality), Spain or England will be the least of Vane and Jack's problems.
Yep I remember seeing in the trailer that he and Flint were dueling, so they're going to be rivals, but for the good of NP they need to ally themselves since they're two of the most powerful pirates.

I want to see Bonney kick some ass this season, last season was pretty bad for her.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
More than just terrorists, their clothes had a distinct Middle Eastern/North african vibe with the turban.Their swords don't help either since they look like scimitars.:XD
The black is most likely to blend in with the shadows of the night, but also to instillate fear in the people. So in the end they looked more like terrorists than anything else. I wonder if it's deliberate, or maybe it was just a poor choice of costumes ? :hmm
Thinking about it actually, it's more like Western portrayal of middle eastern assassins. Like in any movie where they visit an arabic/islamic state.

Oh yeah those two are the worst, especially Dufresne. His face is so detestable. Also it was pretty easy for Eleanor to turn on Flint and the others.:heh
Oh Eleanor imagines that whatever this guy does, she'd probably be able to escape from under his hand at some point. I guess she's pitting him against Flint. If that's the case our main character is gonna have the odds stacked against him with this new guy and Blackbeard.

Yep I remember seeing in the trailer that he and Flint were dueling, so they're going to be rivals, but for the good of NP they need to ally themselves since they're two of the most powerful pirates.

I want to see Bonney kick some ass this season, last season was pretty bad for her.
So much truth there. But if it does happen, I think it'll take most of the season for Flint and Teach to see eye to eye about the dangers and threat coming to Nassau.

Yes, Miss Season 1-2 Bonney. she was a bonafide killer and didn't take shit from anyone.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Thinking about it actually, it's more like Western portrayal of middle eastern assassins. Like in any movie where they visit an arabic/islamic state.
Ayy not the best choice there, for sure. :XD

Oh Eleanor imagines that whatever this guy does, she'd probably be able to escape from under his hand at some point. I guess she's pitting him against Flint. If that's the case our main character is gonna have the odds stacked against him with this new guy and Blackbeard.
Or she wants to get revenge on those people, but it was Hornigold's fault.That bastard.

So much truth there. But if it does happen, I think it'll take most of the season for Flint and Teach to see eye to eye about the dangers and threat coming to Nassau.
Oh yeah it's too early for them to form an alliance, might even be we won't see the results till the next season if there is one.
But the new guy, Rogers is supposed to clean that whole mess with the pirates, so they're going to lose anyway.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@goldb
Say what? So Eleanor is the one who drove Blackbeard away, by having Hornigold and Vane turn on him.
The name she has written must be Vane's, it would make sense considering her speech. I had a feeling she would put Vane's name, but considering he's not the one who betrayed her(but she betrayed him) she wouldn't do it. And lol she has no idea of how much Flint is changed.
It turns out BB didn't want to kill Vane, that's why he left. I like what he represents on the show, an experienced pirate who was even Vane's mentor. The word badass comes to mind. But somehow I don't buy it, that he's going to help Vane etc. I feel he forgave him too soon,that it's just an act so maybe he has his own agenda.
Well the majority of the episode was about the storm and it looks like the Walrus doesn't have enough food. They're likely going to starve, or they'll hunt down some sharks. :cookiehand

Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really liked this episode, even if it was just for the naval scenes. So well shot and animated. I can't express how much I enjoyed those.

I'm a bit surprised that Teach was a resident of Nassau; I thought whatever connection he had with Vane would have been at sea or another island. As it turns out he was his mentor and saw a lot of himself in Charles; wanting him to stand besides him. Like you said, all this "forgiveness" story seems to shallow and convenient for me. Either he wants the gold ( I doubt it) or just wants to finish things and ruin it all now that the Guthries are no longer on the island.

As for Eleanor, we learned a lot of things from her talk with Rogers; besides how her relationship with Vane came to be, we also find out how Hornigold came to have the fort.
And yes you're right Eleanor has no idea what Flint is going through so for her sake, I hope the name on that paper is his.

I am surprised that BB didn't just burn it all to the ground back then.

Lots internal conflicts going on with Flint and his crew. Smells like another mutiny or they'll just eat him after the week passes. Looks like they have reached the Calm Belt :hee.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I really liked this episode, even if it was just for the naval scenes. So well shot and animated. I can't express how much I enjoyed those.

I'm a bit surprised that Teach was a resident of Nassau; I thought whatever connection he had with Vane would have been at sea or another island. As it turns out he was his mentor and saw a lot of himself in Charles; wanting him to stand besides him. Like you said, all this "forgiveness" story seems to shallow and convenient for me. Either he wants the gold ( I doubt it) or just wants to finish things and ruin it all now that the Guthries are no longer on the island.

As for Eleanor, we learned a lot of things from her talk with Rogers; besides how her relationship with Vane came to be, we also find out how Hornigold came to have the fort.
And yes you're right Eleanor has no idea what Flint is going through so for her sake, I hope the name on that paper is his.

I am surprised that BB didn't just burn it all to the ground back then.

Lots internal conflicts going on with Flint and his crew. Smells like another mutiny or they'll just eat him after the week passes. Looks like they have reached the Calm Belt :hee.
Oh yes the storm was awesome. One of the best things about the show is the naval aspect, whether it's the naval fights(we don't have that much of those in One Piece) or the storm/sea effects.
I can't say I was surprised. Actually Hornigold was said to be Teach's mentor, and in any case the republic of pirates is closely related to Teach, and all the pirates you see on the show, except Flint since he's fictional. So him having been a resident of Nassau makes a lot of sense. I found it funny, the bit about his wives. Teach is definitely the most fascinating pirate in history.

What I expect BB to do, is to get his hands on the gold, or just be so utterly violent, he'll "reform" Nassau and all those pirates who grew too soft. Really love his speech there with Vane. Maybe he'll try to take Flint's place? Right now they're stuck for 3 weeks at least, with very little food. When he comes back I expect things would have changed drastically, with BB extending his influence, when Rogers is heading with his fleet, maybe even attacking Nassau before Flint comes back, and the fort getting restored.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well 3 weeks is a long time for him to take control of an island like Nassau. The only person in his way is Vane and that would depend on how the latter views his former captain.

Also I'm not exactly sure how far away Rogers is from reaching New Providence, so whether or not he arrives before anything kicks off or finds Nassau amidst chaos, we'll see.

This is all speculative on Teach's intentions in coming back there, but he seems intended to "free" it; restore it to its proper state, as evidenced from the brilliant speech he gave ( over the background of those two guys fighting to join his crew) about "strife" being good.

Do you get the feeling that Billy and Flint may go at it before they make it back to land? right now he's begrudgingly following his orders and has lost a lot of good men doing so, but how much more can he take, I wonder? He has seen what the other side is like and helped restore Flint to his captaincy but does he still hold the same unwavering belief?

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Well 3 weeks is a long time for him to take control of an island like Nassau. The only person in his way is Vane and that would depend on how the latter views his former captain.

Also I'm not exactly sure how far away Rogers is from reaching New Providence, so whether or not he arrives before anything kicks off or finds Nassau amidst chaos, we'll see.

This is all speculative on Teach's intentions in coming back there, but he seems intended to "free" it; restore it to its proper state, as evidenced from the brilliant speech he gave ( over the background of those two guys fighting to join his crew) about "strife" being good.

Do you get the feeling that Billy and Flint may go at it before they make it back to land? right now he's begrudgingly following his orders and has lost a lot of good men doing so, but how much more can he take, I wonder? He has seen what the other side is like and helped restore Flint to his captaincy but does he still hold the same unwavering belief?
3 weeks is pretty short, but BB could be very efficient in teaching all those pirates how to be pirates basically. And we're not sure if Flint will make it to NP in that amount of time. It could take more, or less.
If Rogers attacks NP, then I can see BB stepping up and defending the island, which is sure to get him the support of all the inhabitants.

Yeah I think that's what he wants to do, that and he simply wants to rule it.

I don't really think that Billy will turn on Flint, at least it won't be his initiative. Rather I think it's Silvers who's going to convince him to turn on Flint. The latter I find to be the real threat, and the one likely to go after Flint. He's well liked by all the crew members, and he got inside their heads. And we saw Flint telling him that and not to try to get inside his head, so Silvers can pretty much convince the crew to start a mutiny. Billy is just like the rest, he'll be convinced by Silvers, especially now since the Walrus crew are facing hunger, and it's all because Flint didn't accept the pardon(for good reasons because Hornigold was planning to shoot anyway) and because they went into the storm in the first place.

I'm trying not to look at the previews too much, seems to me they're well spoilery. It's more enjoyable for me that way.:XD

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3 weeks is pretty short, but BB could be very efficient in teaching all those pirates how to be pirates basically. And we're not sure if Flint will make it to NP in that amount of time. It could take more, or less.
If Rogers attacks NP, then I can see BB stepping up and defending the island, which is sure to get him the support of all the inhabitants.

Yeah I think that's what he wants to do, that and he simply wants to rule it.

I don't really think that Billy will turn on Flint, at least it won't be his initiative. Rather I think it's Silvers who's going to convince him to turn on Flint. The latter I find to be the real threat, and the one likely to go after Flint. He's well liked by all the crew members, and he got inside their heads. And we saw Flint telling him that and not to try to get inside his head, so Silvers can pretty much convince the crew to start a mutiny. Billy is just like the rest, he'll be convinced by Silvers, especially now since the Walrus crew are facing hunger, and it's all because Flint didn't accept the pardon(for good reasons because Hornigold was planning to shoot anyway) and because they went into the storm in the first place.

I'm trying not to look at the previews too much, seems to me they're well spoilery. It's more enjoyable for me that way.:XD
BB is infamous and feared, I doubt it'd take even that to take control of NP; but seeing the fleet Rogers has at his disposal and the lack of defense Nassau has, I don't see how they can resist.

You're probably right; Silver is the one that could tip the scale if he ever felt that there was no other way. Knowing him right now, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Though I'm curious how they'll deal with this incoming famine.

What do you think the people's reaction will be like when Eleanor returns to Nassau with the "enemy"?

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
BB is infamous and feared, I doubt it'd take even that to take control of NP; but seeing the fleet Rogers has at his disposal and the lack of defense Nassau has, I don't see how they can resist.

You're probably right; Silver is the one that could tip the scale if he ever felt that there was no other way. Knowing him right now, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Though I'm curious how they'll deal with this incoming famine.

What do you think the people's reaction will be like when Eleanor returns to Nassau with the "enemy"?
They'll burn her at the stake.:evil
I think they already hate her, or just want to make fun of her and the fact she was going to get executed. But if she comes back with Rogers they'll hate her even more because she can be seen as a traitor who is collaborating with the enemy.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey there lol-to-da lo-la.
What up wid deez funky characters in yo ti-ter-ru?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
:nono those aren't funky characters, that is my mother tongue, so show a little respect.
:hmph
Ah I see. Here I thought you was doing some ritual or chant. My bad~<3!
So how have you been lately?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Like usual I guess.
HMMMM - Care to be more specific? Or is it one of things you women say where the guy is supposed to read between the lines and spent 4 hours trying to figure out what you mean?

You women can be so mean sometimes.

:feelsbadman

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
HMMMM - Care to be more specific? Or is it one of things you women say where the guy is supposed to read between the lines and spent 4 hours trying to figure out what you mean?

You women can be so mean sometimes.

:feelsbadman
Lol I don't think it has much to do with women, it's just me.
What I meant is that things are neither good or bad, just normal stuff.

Although I'm feeling a bit bored and tired lately.
@goldb
I really liked this episode, for various reasons.
Really loved the fact that just like in my prediction, it was Silvers who was going to oppose Flint. I don't know how to feel about his decision to have rations given only to valuable crew members.It is cruel but it's also efficient, it's rather logical so in the end I feel his decision was the right one.

Did I say just how much I like Blackbeard? Like I expected he decided to step up and unite the pirates in order to organize Nassau's defenses. And lol he's doing all this just so he can get Vane to join him, since he sees him as a son.

The shark part was awesome.:derp Honestly I'm enjoying those parts more than Flint hallucinating about Barlow. And with the wind back they were able to get out of the doldrums and reached an island,but looks like they'll be soon greeted by the locals, maybe they're cannibals.:derp

And the pirates decided to accept the pardon, and lol Eleanor did write Vane's name.That's the only way to explain the bounty on his head. It will be interesting to see what will happen when Flint comes back, with half of Nassau's pirates having accepted the pardon.
I wonder how they're going to set the rivalry between Flint and Blackbeard, because right now it looks like they have a similar objective, although they have their own selfish reasons to protect the Republic of pirates.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol I don't think it has much to do with women, it's just me.
What I meant is that things are neither good or bad, just normal stuff.

Although I'm feeling a bit bored and tired lately.
@goldb
Well I hope the week goes well for you as well then. This week we're supposed to have some snow again. :(
Speaking of shows, I have to catchup on the last season of Continuum. :arf.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really liked this episode, for various reasons.
Really loved the fact that just like in my prediction, it was Silvers who was going to oppose Flint. I don't know how to feel about his decision to have rations given only to valuable crew members.It is cruel but it's also efficient, it's rather logical so in the end I feel his decision was the right one.

Did I say just how much I like Blackbeard? Like I expected he decided to step up and unite the pirates in order to organize Nassau's defenses. And lol he's doing all this just so he can get Vane to join him, since he sees him as a son.

The shark part was awesome.:derp Honestly I'm enjoying those parts more than Flint hallucinating about Barlow. And with the wind back they were able to get out of the doldrums and reached an island,but looks like they'll be soon greeted by the locals, maybe they're cannibals.:derp

And the pirates decided to accept the pardon, and lol Eleanor did write Vane's name.That's the only way to explain the bounty on his head. It will be interesting to see what will happen when Flint comes back, with half of Nassau's pirates having accepted the pardon.
I wonder how they're going to set the rivalry between Flint and Blackbeard, because right now it looks like they have a similar objective, although they have their own selfish reasons to protect the Republic of pirates.
Yes you were right in Silver opposing him and what Billy said to him about Flint needing to view him as an equal was true. With their present predicament what they did in terms of ration was necessary to prolong any chance they had of survival. It doesn't right but it's not wrong either. Flint killing both those men was cruel but also his way of lessening how many people needed to be fed.

It was quite a touching moment between Teach and Vane; seeing that despite all the glory and treasure a man gets, basic human instinct of leaving something truly everlasting, a heritage means a lot to him. Already we see Blackbeard in another light, so I'm just wanting to see his fighting prowess.

The scene with Flint was a good summary and insight into his life and fate. Seeing what exactly she means to him. It doesn't seem like the crew of the Walrus will have an easy time getting what they want from the locals. They are in a weak state and outnumbered.

I didn't expect that to happen; the pirates accepting the pardon, well at least not in the numbers that they did. Now to see how many will head towards the fort to find Vane and how many Blackbeard will cut down to protect his son.

About Flint/Blackbeard, I dunno how either how they'll pit the men against each other. I hope their intellect is clashed against one another though.

Last edited:

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yes you were right in Silver opposing him and what Billy said to him about Flint needing to view him as an equal was true. With their present predicament what they did in terms of ration was necessary to prolong any chance they had of survival. It doesn't right but it's not wrong either. Flint killing both those men was cruel but also his way of lessening how many people needed to be fed.

It was quite a touching moment between Teach and Vane; seeing that despite all the glory and treasure a man gets, basic human instinct of leaving something truly everlasting, a heritage means a lot to him. Already we see Blackbeard in another light, so I'm just wanting to see his fighting prowess.

The scene with Flint was a good summary and insight into his life and fate. Seeing what exactly she means to him. It doesn't seem like the crew of the Walrus will have an easy time getting what they want from the locals. They are in a weak state and outnumbered.

I didn't expect that to happen; the pirates accepting the pardon, well at least not in the numbers that they did. Now to see how many will head towards the fort to find Vane and how many Blackbeard will cut down to protect his son.

About Flint/Blackbeard, I dunno how either how they'll pit the men against each other. I hope their intellect is clashed against one another though.
Yeah it's hard to see how the feud between Flint and Blackbeard will start exactly, seems to me they want similar things, and we can be sure that neither wants to take the pardon.

I'm glad that Blackbeard isn't one dimensional, all these episodes helped brush a portrait of his character. I too want to see him kick some ass. :D

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
:p

ayyo

Status
Not open for further replies.