Shounen - Akame ga Kill! by Takahiro and Tashiro Tetsuya | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Akame ga Kill! by Takahiro and Tashiro Tetsuya

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Damn... I don't want Esdeath to die, it seems inevitable but this series can be very surprising at times.

I don't feel invested in this war at all... Hopefully the Ultimate Teigu is not a giant robot.

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Damn... I don't want Esdeath to die, it seems inevitable but this series can be very surprising at times.

I don't feel invested in this war at all... Hopefully the Ultimate Teigu is not a giant robot.
True, the way a bunch of random unamed teigu were just mentioned was poor (especially the teigu to control the danger beasts, one would expect this sort of teigus would have been showcased more often due to the past necessity of danger beast usage by both the NR and the Empire), if Takahiro and Tashiro wanted to give more teigu´s to the empire´s side they could´ve just builded up to it in previous chaps, that whole thing with the Prime minister´s culprits it´s also poor written as well, if this guys were such monsters they should´ve been mentioned earlier, along with Borrick (especially the guy involved in the assassination squads from the empire but that guy might manage some panel time in zero, unlike most of the other guys), regardless, I´m not liking the way this was built up, with this bad guys, they will most likely only get more relevance showcased in Zero and by then, it will be just like watching Danzou´s BS past deeds being done and showcased, after he already got killed sort of feel, never been a fan of that.

Sir Isley

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
True, the way a bunch of random unamed teigu were just mentioned was poor (especially the teigu to control the danger beasts, one would expect this sort of teigus would have been showcased more often due to the past necessity of danger beast usage by both the NR and the Empire), if Takahiro and Tashiro wanted to give more teigu´s to the empire´s side they could´ve just builded up to it in previous chaps, that whole thing with the Prime minister´s culprits it´s also poor written as well, if this guys were such monsters they should´ve been mentioned earlier, along with Borrick (especially the guy involved in the assassination squads from the empire but that guy might manage some panel time in zero, unlike most of the other guys), regardless, I´m not liking the way this was built up, with this bad guys, they will most likely only get more relevance showcased in Zero and by then, it will be just like watching Danzou´s BS past deeds being done and showcased, after he already got killed sort of feel, never been a fan of that.
The danger beast controlling teigu was mentioned in vol 5 chapter 22.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Esdeath VS Tatsumi already. She is amazing as always.

The ultimate Teigu is a giant robot in the manga too... The design for the Emperor's parents is so lazy, are they clones or what? How can they have the exact same face :-_-.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Esdeath VS Tatsumi already. She is amazing as always.

The ultimate Teigu is a giant robot in the manga too... The design for the Emperor's parents is so lazy, are they clones or what? How can they have the exact same face :-_-.
Maybe they have a Targaeryen, issue, when it comes to marriages, they most want to keep the genetics from the emperror bloodline alive so they can use the ultimate teigu for multiple generations in the future? It most be some tradition, and the designs are lazy lol, at this point I think we know who will die, after the anime, damn, guess Akame might live I guess, but that could be changed from the anime, either way Tatsumi and Leone should probably die, assuming the minister keeps his ring teigu and Tatsumi needs to use his 4th transformation against the giant robot.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
At this point I think we know who will die, after the anime, damn, guess Akame might live I guess, but that could be changed from the anime, either way Tatsumi and Leone should probably die, assuming the minister keeps his ring teigu and Tatsumi needs to use his 4th transformation against the giant robot.
I'd hate it if it will go like the anime. Killing off both Tastumi and Leone is just to much. I guess one of them will die which is Tastumi.

Libarian

Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe they have a Targaeryen, issue, when it comes to marriages, they most want to keep the genetics from the emperror bloodline alive so they can use the ultimate teigu for multiple generations in the future? It most be some tradition, and the designs are lazy lol, at this point I think we know who will die, after the anime, damn, guess Akame might live I guess, but that could be changed from the anime, either way Tatsumi and Leone should probably die, assuming the minister keeps his ring teigu and Tatsumi needs to use his 4th transformation against the giant robot.
Most likely inbreeding is comon in royal line with something like that probably even more so. This may be a fan delusion but since the whole bonding thing started I always thought that Tatsumi would fuse and conquer the Tyrant (in both senses). Leone I think will die, a cruel but refreshing twist would be if the minester has a hypnotic Tengu and takes control of her forcing Akame to do it and activate her trump card then it will be Wave, Tyrent Tatsumi, and Tengu Akame VS Emperor while Mine reviled to be the person outside the cabin and Kurome look on or help but live.

Shader

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
So....the anime's ending confirmed?
And Leone beign useless once agan..pls...

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
So....the anime's ending confirmed?
And Leone beign useless once agan..pls...
I wonder why she wasnt killed off yet, she was used for fanservice for a torture subject, for a serious fight against Dorothea and done, just like that, the author never tried to make her more useful, or devellop her teigu further, like Tatsumi underwent. No devellopment at all for her character whatsoever as well, she should´ve been killed off way earlier, if she was gonna become this useless in the overall series.

Sir Isley

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chinese scans for chap 27-28 of Zero are out.

I wish both series' were picked up by a competent group. :bored:mad:mad

I support the official release as well(I have vol for Zero and Vol 6 of the main series should be here by the end of the week or early next week) :)

Last edited:

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Chinese scans for chap 27-28 of Zero are out.

I wish both series' were picked up by a competent group. :bored:mad:mad

I support the official release as well(I have vol for Zero and Vol 6 of the main series should be here by the end of the week or early next week) :)
I wish I knew chinese so I could translate what the raws have unfortunately (:(), I already know by experience that trying to learn more eastern writing will take me a long ass time, maybe there could be a app with a specific dictionary for the different scaned content or some apps to at least help out though, Takoboto seems good for a japanese dictionary, though, for a chinese scans pratical dictionary I might go try the "written chinese dictionary" app if it comes to it to at least understand whats going on the atual zero chaps and start looking for apps to learn chinese sometime in the near future, odds are I could end up learning chinese before these zero chaps are even translated (a sad thing in deed):facepalm.

I dont see why there arent translator groups for these though, it should give way more views than some of the other weird manga that tends to be translated, nowadays, I can see this being people needing more translators to the raws of the mangas in general.

Last edited:

Sir Isley

Reaction score
Country
United States
Vol 6 Post Script

Minor Bits

-The swords and guns that the imperial soldiers use were made using the same technology that was used to create Teigu. Their power still doesn't come close to that of a Teigu. Dr Stylish had a hand in creating the imperial weapons.

-Their swords have the ability to mind themselves so no matter how many many times they strike, they just stay sharp.

-Apparently the guards in chapter 1 used outdated swords that might have some of Incursio's power.

-One of the guns, the "wide-range blaster rifle" emits spirit energy just like Pumpkin but it only has enough power to be used for escaping.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I recently found this Q & A from after the anime ended. Note the translation isn't completely accurate and it's chinese or something.

http://xw.qq.com/comic/20150123034903

Q: After 19th episode the plot is really surprising. I think “Tatsumi” and “emperor” battle in Episode 23 (Kill the Emperor) had a strong fan reaction. A lot of people remarked “Can’t believe Tatsumi died!”

A: It is as I expected. Takahiro-san had intended that from the beginning, and it is a fun plot, and shocked people, but that’s before. I said also, I read the original manga, and I can’t really tell which way the plot’s going. Perhaps because anime went one way, the manga had to follow.

“Esdeath’s” ultimate weapon “Mahapadma” has appeared in the original. I felt that the plot was moving toward the revelation, then take down Esdeath. However, in the manga, Tatsumi already defeated “Mahapadma”, and Esdeath even said “I have another move left”.

The anime is based on the original material, but with fresh ideas added, which is how we ended up as such.

Q: Working on anime based on licensed material, as producer, do you keep in close contact with the manga artist?

A: Depends on the production environment. On the stuff I worked at, there is often somebody representing the original material. It is rare to be left completely alone. If it’s a completely new work from the original, then it will be handled differently. However “Akame Ga Kill” is a very conservative material, and in the discussion it will be very embarrassing to not have the original material side present their views. And if we are to add a brand new character we will have to negotiate a LOT of with their side, thus wasting our production time and work. It’s not worthwhile. This is not a standalone product, plot is based on the original material, and thus we need to have close ties with the original authors. With Takahiro at the production meeting we have very smooth comm.

Q: Did you ever thought “if I could have…”

A: we can’t change the plot and conflict with the original material. Also, we to make sure we reflect the original manga style in our anime, and that created more work for us as we created more shots, perhaps more than we anticipated. The manga artist has a visual rhythm, and in order to follow that our staff worked extra hard to make sure we paid proper respect to the original material.

Q: In hindsight, about “Akame Ga Kill!”, what do you feel this story is about?

A: If we are to use a phrase frequently used in the work, I would use “awaken”. Every episode is a new aspect on “awakening”. Tatsumi in “Night Raid” is such a test. Sure, it’s for improving a corrupt emperor, but killer is a killer. Tatsumi’s challenge is to realize what he is about to do.

In Episode 22, Akame said to Wave “Those who have not awakened, leave!” If you haven’t awakened, you can’t live in the work.

Q: You’ve gotten into fresh material after merely 19 episodes. Is this coordinated with Takahiro-san?

A: We planned this since two years ago. While the manga’s story continues, the anime have to have a start and finish. So we took Takahiro-san’s plot and ending, and rejuggled the plot to fit our needs.

We did determined that “Tatsumi will die in the battle with the emperor” and “final battle between Akame and Esdeath”. However, we did realize that manga didn’t quite go that way. (Laughs)

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I guess Takahiro is the one who gave the idea of the robot then... And now that thing appears in the manga...

Sir Isley

Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess Takahiro is the one who gave the idea of the robot then... And now that thing appears in the manga...
And judging by that last bit Tats might not die.