Fantasy - Irene vs Invel and Jellal | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Irene vs Invel and Jellal

Irene vs Invel and Jellal

• Total voters

Range 5

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Distance: 72 meters
Restrictions: Universe One

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Stealing @Mononoke 's previous avatar now, are we? :derp

Irene wins, dunno about the difficulty. Based off her hype and portrayal (the immense magic power, Spriggan-tiers shitting themselves in front of August/Irene, August one-shotting Brandish with a sleep spell and Irene being on par with him.) and her feats (Universe One and being praised by Acnologia) , probably around low diff. But we should probably see her in action first to judge her power properly.

Last edited:

**Silver**

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
why not just wait for Irene to show some actual feats against Fairytai mages...????

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Irene stomped. Invel's ice is useless when she can just turn into flowers

Jellal ain't even S12 level so he gets no diff.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Irene stomped. Invel's ice is useless when she can just turn into flowers

Jellal ain't even S12 level so he gets no diff.
Completely agreed except the Jellal part :3. I'd say he is Spriggan tier but below Laxus and Natsu IMO.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Well this thread is pretty much a guessing game.

IMO, Jellal will be close to Irene's power. It might sound ridiculous to say that, but that's hype for you... and a little bit of expectation on my part for Jellal.

Invel can definitely contribute. He might not be close to Irene for power, but he's not irrelevant.

I'll buy a fair bit of Irene's hype here though - some of it comes from the strongest character in the series. So Irene wins... medium (at least) to high difficulty.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Well this thread is pretty much a guessing game.

IMO, Jellal will be close to Irene's power. It might sound ridiculous to say that, but that's hype for you... and a little bit of expectation on my part for Jellal.

Invel can definitely contribute. He might not be close to Irene for power, but he's not irrelevant.

I'll buy a fair bit of Irene's hype here though - some of it comes from the strongest character in the series. So Irene wins... medium (at least) to high difficulty.
Jellal is definitely not near Irene at all. Not only was he knocked out by Neinhart's spell temporarily but he also needed charge time to defeat Neinhart and was even sweating and breathing after casting Grand Chariot.

I wouldn't really buy hype that much when its not backed up by anything else. IMO, it goes this way : Feats > Portrayal > Hype

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Completely agreed except the Jellal part :3. I'd say he is Spriggan tier but below Laxus and Natsu IMO.
I can buy low S12. Same caliber I'd put people who have the potential firepower to beat an S12 but are going to need assistance to do it. Pseudo-S12(basically low S12) like Erza, and Mira is the tier I'd place in.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Jellal is definitely not near Irene at all. Not only was he knocked out by Neinhart's spell temporarily but he also needed charge time to defeat Neinhart and was even sweating and breathing after casting Grand Chariot.

I wouldn't really buy hype that much when its not backed up by anything else. IMO, it goes this way : Feats > Portrayal > Hype
I don't agree that Jellal is definitely not near Irene. It's possible he is far below. My opinion right now is Jellal will be considerably powerful. Irene and August are probably at a level that they can't be soloed, but I also believe Jellal/Laxus/Natsu etc can fight them alone and hold there own.

Grand Chariot is pretty much a mid tier move for Jellal. Sema and Altairis are without doubt stronger than GC. Jellal was panting but he wasn't exhausted or anything drastic like that - it was full powered though, but not his strongest spell. Jellal was drowned rather than KO'd by Neinhart's attacks, but I'm not going to argue that Jellal has outstanding physicals.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Jellal is underestimated here, though we all know that's subject to change.

As for the match; Irene probably wins for now as she was able to somewhat entertain human Acno.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Impossible to tell who wins... Eileen doesn't have many feats as of right now, so my vote for Jellal and Invel may change but...

Really... This Eileen hype can only go so far... I understand that she is one of the stronger Spriggan 12 members, but to go up against an Average-Level Spriggan (Invel) and Top-Tier Mage (Jellal)?? She can't possibly be this strong otherwise Fairy Tail will have no chance of winning this war. As for Acnologia, she wasn't even a match for him (entertaining or not). At best, she is in the same level as Gildarts. She would barely survive if he was serious.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Irene gets stomped... (yes, it's sarcasm, chill guys, please)

She uses Universe One and transports Invel and Jellal to unknown areas of the planet.

Then she can't tell where they are anymore because she teleported them somewhere random.

Jellal runs off to find Erza while Invel sneaks up on Irene.

He insta-freezes her and then quickly makes her his slave... by using Ice Slave.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This is a tough one tbh. We haven't seen enough to properly judge her in terms of durability and attack power, but she did impress Acnologia a bit so that is something. On the other hand, Jellal has some pretty good attack power but his shortcoming is his durability, and Invel is fairly balanced. I'd lean towards Irene mid difficulty right now, but that is assuming a few things.

TeamWendy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Irene gets stomped... (yes, it's sarcasm, chill guys, please)

She uses Universe One and transports Invel and Jellal to unknown areas of the planet.

Then she can't tell where they are anymore because she teleported them somewhere random.

Jellal runs off to find Erza while Invel sneaks up on Irene.

He insta-freezes her and then quickly makes her his slave... by using Ice Slave.
Universe One was restricted though, read the description. BTW even if she has Universe One, I don't see her using that kind of magic to their level. Furthermore, Invel ain't doing that to Irene, in case you just don't know, Irene can also change the climate as shown in Chapter 484.

Solitrine

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Jellal and Irene don't really have too many feats yet. Jellal hasn't really used any of his spells apart from GC and Irene has only shown one named attack. However Invel would be comfortably stomped by Irene.

Probably Irene somewhere around mid diff. Jellal has good portrayal so far but I won't factor that in.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jellal and Irene don't really have too many feats yet. Jellal hasn't really used any of his spells apart from GC and Irene has only shown one named attack. However Invel would be comfortably stomped by Irene.

Probably Irene somewhere around mid diff. Jellal has good portrayal so far but I won't factor that in.
To be honest, Eileen is all hype and portrayal just like Jellal. The only difference is that Jellal has more feats. So if you don't count Jellal's portrayal, I don't see what Eileen has going for her.

I disagree that Invel would be stomped by Eileen. She hasn't shown anything to suggest that. Plus, Invel is one of the average Spriggans so he is definitely isn't a let-down.

Solitrine

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
To be honest, Eileen is all hype and portrayal just like Jellal. The only difference is that Jellal has more feats. So if you don't count Jellal's portrayal, I don't see what Eileen has going for her.

I disagree that Invel would be stomped by Eileen. She hasn't shown anything to suggest that. Plus, Invel is one of the average Spriggans so he is definitely isn't a let-down.
Being able to fight Acnologia, BFRing him, enhancing Neinhart to the point where Brandish's magic wouldn't work are all feats that I see as better than what Jellal and Invel can do. Jellal could be really strong, infact he probably is really strong but he hasn't shown it yet. The most impressive thing he has done in my opinion is change the sky and the emphasis that it got when he did it.

Both Jellal and Invel are going to be taking Irene's enchantment attacks considering Acno isn't fast enough to dodge them, and neither of them have shown the durability to come out unscathed.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Being able to fight Acnologia, BFRing him, enhancing Neinhart to the point where Brandish's magic wouldn't work are all feats that I see as better than what Jellal and Invel can do. Jellal could be really strong, infact he probably is really strong but he hasn't shown it yet. The most impressive thing he has done in my opinion is change the sky and the emphasis that it got when he did it.

Both Jellal and Invel are going to be taking Irene's enchantment attacks considering Acno isn't fast enough to dodge them, and neither of them have shown the durability to come out unscathed.
Eileen wasn't able to fight Acnologia. Technically, he wasn't even trying. That is like saying Gildarts was able to fight him. As for enhancing Neinhart, that isn't really such a great feat considering he was still one-shottable.

Invel and Jellal has shown to have decent durability so far... Invel has Ice-Rending Divine Raiment while Jellal tanked one of Neinhart's blasts without taking any damage. I understand where you are coming from and I respect your opinion but I don't think it is fair to ignore Jellal's portrayal while accepting Eileen's portrayal.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
:epicfacepalmJellal is DEFINITELY not low-tier Spriggan level LOL. As a matter of fact, I agree with @Brandish in that Jellal is likely close enough to Irene as to not getting beaten at anything below Mid-Diff. I mean, given the characters that can fight Jellal is either taking on Irene with Erza (who is low-tier Spriggan level) or August w/OS (who are all likely not Spriggan level). Him being able to alter the entirety of the Port battlefield is a feat only someone with Spriggan level MP can do (see Invel and Ajeel).

I'll still give this to Irene with a High-Diff win, but we need more feats from both and I wouldn't be surprised if Jellal alone is capable of giving Irene a High-Diff fight. I bet August could Mid-High Diff Irene.