Games Mafia Game 60 - Ace Attorney - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,075
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
1st thxs to @GrySun & @gnut for hosting, impressive setting, you went all spicy. :zomg Thxs also to everuone who joined, special thxs to newbies (Crescent &Aizen ) you did great for your 1st game


Arjuna & demon non mafia thats so so unexpected :teehee Farf im so disappointed in you, i get you were mafia once i died, or more exactly slightly before the end of the last day :hmph knew from the start for Desin though. Impressed by holt composure, you were so calm i was about to question detectives results.

notes : 1st time ever i trusted Demon, and even agreed with him, sugoi !! Lambu i haaaaaaate you, :hmph !!
& I hate forever mortician role ! dealing with corpses is definitely not my thing ! :s
 
Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I enjoyed the game too and despite our initial drawbacks (for both mafia teams failing kills in 2 nights), I was still fairly optimistic we could pull it off. Gryff and James on me was something I didn't not predict at all, and well, it was basically a lost case then. Lambu and Crescent did really good with targets. Too good haha. Also, it kinda sucked that town had so many roles that could be confirmed. This is most evident in Farf being weeded out with still about 7 players in the game and she being one of the least suspected. Also, Farf you did awesome work with the codes. It's a shame I didnt have something to communicate in return haha. Loved our team as well. It was fun regardless.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Noo!! Farf haha....i was planning to use something similar in future XD. Oh well, I hope no one has enough spare time to read all posts that manner in future games :teehee
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Ok, lemme leave my comments here:

Thx Holt and Desin for the ride o/ (unfortunatelly, I'm sry about your case, Emp ç.ç I think syx could have died in your place but your case seemed lost, it wouldn't last long with that slip). That was a chill and quite objective pad, imo^^ And it's always nice to work with smart and easygoing people. I think we had good synergy and it's been a pleasure to play with you both (specially with Holt acting like a mom and trying to speak reason to me and Des whenever we had different opinions, rs).

And just to justify ourselves a bit ç.ç Going for Zasz on N1 wasn't the wisest decision, yeah, it just that Crescent looked more like a Prosecutor that day while Zasz was vaguer, so we assumed she'd be the protected one (+ we were afraid of Zasz criteria for the shooting xD he's too hard to predict; + usually docs go for suspected targets on N1, and so on). And oh, the irony... Crescent was actually the Doctor protecting him, it seems '-' And then in the second night, looking for the damn Doctor, we decided to go for Pompom 'cause she seemed to be protecting an important role and avoiding interactions with people that could expose it (like with Lambu, not vouching for him could be seen as "if I tell him I can't know and they cross it with me being active, they might get to me and kill me as a Doctor". So yeah, killing the Escort after lynching the Gambler was a sad mistake (which luckily gave us a townie as well - Orgz - but welp... and Evil's + Emp's lynching helped me walk more freely, I assume). Then the Janitor died as well and we got basically utterly fucked...... Great calls, Crescent and Lambu, nevertheless.

Ah, we also ended up going with Gryff instead of James 'cause I thought that Vandred lied about his actions and he was a doctor '-' We couldn't get his reason to stop going for someone he initially believed that was the Prosecutor, which fit his claims, so that got me paranoid (later in the Day he answered that). At that point, it wouldn't have mattered though xD The moment Daws died and I got in the investigation that Bel was a Pirate that can't kill, we knew we had basically no chances to win already... And then James and Gryff on Holt also happened so........ '_'

I admit I'm not a fan of this setup xD The 0 passive roles would be the final point exposing me, there was no way I'd escape it in the end and it's basically impossible to imagine from the start, it could have affected multiple people, imo (3 mafias claimed passive). Not to mention that, aside from the fact that the mafias can end up killing each other, the town still had 6 investigative roles, 2 killing roles and 1 with the potential of copying one of the others, while the mafia had 1 redundant role (Poisoner), 1 that might go Unskilled (Gambler) and 1 that can't kill (Pirate), and if the Apprentice would have joined them/us in the best scenario, it would also be Unskilled. The Oranges had a worse situation than ours, tho, 'cause aside from us having less drawbacks, we also had a Detective. But in the end, the town had things that could go wrong for them, but we had things that didn't work at all for us alrdy (the redundance and the inability to kill), not up to chances. Of course I'm biased to say those.

It was still fun overall, it's been a while since I was mafia (and I don't wanna repeat it any time soon, since it's nervewrecking, I'm rusty and not fit for it at all to begin with) and having a party is always nice, plus we got to practice Coding \o/ Damn, that was challenging and insanelly enjoyable xD And rewarding! To see that I managed to successfully inform my team paid off for all my anxiety. So yeah, thx to the hosts for the nice game and their time (I hope you enjoyed it although you looked quite nervous, Greg ç.ç); thx to my team for the company, patience and entertainment (Holt, nice coding formula as well^^); and thx to the rest of the players for the challenge^^ I think that we used to play this too recklessly and nowadays people are acting way more careful, dedicated and attentive, which makes those games more interesting.

I'm aware that some people might be unhappy with the forfeit, but with nothing to gain anymore and since it wasn't something that would ruin the plans of anyone else, I'll stick to my decision. I was just being a sadist with my moves after Desin got marked, honestly.


:clingy
Mad props to you Farf, your dedication is quite a thing to behold. You're suicide was graceful and I'm happy I could keep my promise that Marms will die today.

Thanks to the Hosts for a very entertaining game. I honestly loved being mafia. Next time gotta switch it up and claim an active role. I know this will be used against me but that's where the fun is
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Farfy committing suicide changed everything.
We townies should bow to her and make her our Queen.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
1st thxs to @GrySun & @gnut for hosting, impressive setting, you went all spicy. :zomg Thxs also to everuone who joined, special thxs to newbie (Crescent ) you did great for your 1st game


Arjuna & demon non mafia thats so so unexpected :teehee Farf im so disappointed in you, i get you were mafia once i died, or more exactly slightly before the end of the last day :hmph knew from the start for Desin though. Impressed by holt composure, you were so calm i was about to question detectives results.

notes : 1st time ever i trusted Demon, and even agreed with him, sugoi !! Lambu i haaaaaaate you, :hmph !!
& I hate forever mortician role ! dealing with corpses is definitely not my thing ! :s
Why are you disappointed at me? XD I didn't pick my role xP
Noo!! Farf haha....i was planning to use something similar in future XD. Oh well, I hope no one has enough spare time to read all posts that manner in future games :teehee
ç_ç ... damn lol
I'd honestly check all of your posts from now on, lol...
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Thanks to the Hosts for a very entertaining game. I honestly loved being mafia. Next time gotta switch it up and claim an active role. I know this will be used against me but that's where the fun is
We talked a bit about this in the dead-pad earlier. An active role is tougher to claim and defend/not slip up, but in the later phase of the game it's definitely a plus to have claimed it since that's when people get killed off based on role importance (even more, that is).

I'll probably be too much of a coward to ever claim an active role as mafia though, but that's me. :XD
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
Why were you so obsessed with Docs? :XD

Lala, I ended up trusting you despite my thoughts at the beginning. I was quite surprised to learn that you were Mafia.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
OK, well that's a relief lol. You came up every night because I absolutely couldn't imagine you getting my role exactly from a hint I didn't even try to link to my role in the first place. Even asked Gry at some point if a traitor knows mafia roles to see if you were a traitor trying really had to get senpai to notice her. It was a good plan I suppose, but you did bluff pretty hard. At some point you even offered to be lynched next if I was innocent...it was doing my head in
That was my attempt to protect Daws since his role was more useful than mine. The minute I saw Farfalla mention Daws then Lambu started getting on his case I saw red flags. It's why I wanted to kill Farfalla that second night because I knew she was dangerous and I was salty about evil but we had come up with a better plan. But then pom pom got killed the same night and Daws and I were the only ones left and my role was useless after pom pom died. If they actually chose to lynch you and saw you were Innocent then I would be next. That would have given Daws two extra nights at least to do some sort of damage. But those townies held on and lynched him still:8C
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Cresent and lambu ruined my fukan game....xD

It was sure entertaining....if you guys liked this imagine if it worked the way i puctured it....2 unknown deads,2morticians not in sync,1 investigator but 2 bogus detectives....towm could have really demolished themselves....if it wasnt fir those pesky kids,lambie and cresent

Good job gryff and james....excellent targets.

Oh,you disappoint me van.....
You're likevthat university student who takes 8yrs to get a 4yr degree:lmao

Glad everyone enjoyed it and thanks to lala for her hard work on the avis.

Special thanks to gry for being patient and allowing this old man to enjoy a wonderful experience.

Truthfully guys...
At times it was a bit hectic for me....but i probably enjoyed hosting as much as playing....its such a different kind of fun.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
1st thxs to @GrySun & @gnut for hosting, impressive setting, you went all spicy. :zomg Thxs also to everuone who joined, special thxs to newbie (Crescent ) you did great for your 1st game


Arjuna & demon non mafia thats so so unexpected :teehee Farf im so disappointed in you, i get you were mafia once i died, or more exactly slightly before the end of the last day :hmph knew from the start for Desin though. Impressed by holt composure, you were so calm i was about to question detectives results.

notes : 1st time ever i trusted Demon, and even agreed with him, sugoi !! Lambu i haaaaaaate you, :hmph !!
& I hate forever mortician role ! dealing with corpses is definitely not my thing ! :s
You don't like Mortician? I think it's a cool role.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Why were you so obsessed with Docs? :XD
We failed on N1 and I assume Crescent protected Zasz. Doctors are just too annoying to stay around. Ah, I also recall we spared Crescent and Aizen so the newbies could experiment the game a bit more...... that's what we get, rs.
That was my attempt to protect Daws since his role was more useful than mine. The minute I saw Farfalla mention Daws then Lambu started getting on his case I saw red flags. It's why I wanted to kill Farfalla that second night because I knew she was dangerous and I was salty about evil but we had come up with a better plan. But then pom pom got killed the same night and Daws and I were the only ones left and my role was useless after pom pom died. If they actually chose to lynch you and saw you were Innocent then I would be next. That would have given Daws two extra nights at least to do some sort of damage. But those townies held on and lynched him still:8C
You got Holt paranoid the whole damn game, lmao. We've been wanting to go for you ever since N1 but your "I have an awesome night role!" sounded too much like a trap xD
It's actually funny since ironically you called him a Janitor and we were like WTF HOW DOES SHE KNOW.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
You got Holt paranoid the whole damn game, lmao. We've been wanting to go for you ever since N1 but your "I have an awesome night role!" sounded too much like a trap xD
When you caught me out that first day saying maybe I was mafia for the first time and slipped up with my hint I was afraid of you. You were too good at playing townie though. We even put you as low priority :nah I thought you and Lambu were the dream team. That last move of yours was amazing lol.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Best quote of the game by lala....
"I can see greg now.... like a school girl smiling at a cute boy!":lmao

I was so dead xD
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
First of all, thank you all for playing the game! I hope the majority of you had a fun time and enjoyed this mafia game. Also big thanks to my cohost @gnut for helping me with all aspects of the game. I hope I wasn't bad at teaching the general hosting work, what to do and how to do it, and that I'll see a game hosted by you sometime uncle.

Next, the role list:


I feel like I should explain :XD At first I planned to make a game with 1 mafia, testing the Assassin and Lovers, while also featuring Traitor and Mentor. But the gnut came along, I explained to him how a role list is made(at least, the way I do it), and then asked him if he has anything he wants to see in the game or whether he wants to let me do it all. At this point I was honestly hoping he says "do what you want", but he came with ideas that made my initial game idea impossible.

gnut said:
2mafia both with janitors...one with strongman/assassin the other detective/escort....no bosses.

Town with two prosecutors,mortician,investigator and one sane detective.

I like apprentice in this kind of game.....

Is that too much?
First I thought "yes, that's too much :D". But as we talked more about it I noticed that it was actually an amazing idea, and really theme fitting as well. And when greg said "make them all really strong :XD" I was curious to see if it's possible to powercreep all 3 teams and still keep it balanced and playable.

The 2 Janitors were the main gimmick of it all, but unfortunately they failed in bringing a chaotic day 2 with 2 Janitor killed people in the first night. Red team didn't manage to kill anyone with their Janitor, so that kinda ruined that :lmao

First we made a role list for 18 players, which is the number I estimated for this game. The next ideas were filling the town up with a lot of investigative roles, and having all roles fit the Ace Attorney theme. When 21 players was confirmed we made a few more adjustments. The main problem was that with so many strong roles in town they were too strong, and I really hate adding "useless" roles like Naive/Paranoid dets/docs/spy etc.
So my solution was giving each mafia 1 more member, and the mafia roles were all pretty strong. Mafia 1 was the more classic mafia with Janitor, Detective, Poisoner and Bomb, able to do several different things depending on their strategies. Meanwhile Mafia 2 was super disruptive, having a Janitor themselves and also a blocker, vote changer and role stealer, they could disrupt so many things in both day and night. Both mafias were unique and their roles allowed for several different approaches to the game.

All roles on all teams were pretty strong, and losing anyone is a big loss. Town had every investigation role in the game probably. The standard 2 dets, both insane to make it a bit harder on them if they both revealed, 2 morticians as a small novelty. Mortician is a strong role but situational. A spy, and one investigator to help deal with the double janitors a little.
2 prosecutors as town's only kill roles, a Hider to have one townie who is a bad target for mafias, a Noble to add somewhat of a counterpart to the gambler and be a rather easy role to confirm for town.

I am very happy with the role list we managed to create, and I believe the balance is quite decent. The only big wildcard that can destroy it all is the Apprentice, but I wanted an exiting element that could turn the whole game depending on which role he copies, or which mafia he joins. Too bad our Apprentice managed to fail completely and be very boring :rolleyes:

Next, the night actions:



*Click it or open in another tab to see it in bigger size.
*The X means that person either didn't send in an action or was unable to perform any actions despite being alive. Blank means dead.

I won't give you my professional 20/20 hindsight captain obvious comments, you all know your mistakes and your good plays.

But I will point out @Lambu saving a kill and thus finding the orange Janitor, saving Vandred from losing the game with the orange mafia(I think the game would've still been a townie win even if he joined Bel in night 3), @Crescent_jinxgrace for being one of the best doctors in the recent many games by actually saving a kill, and @James Rye who somehow only manages to survive longer than night 1 in his games if he claims detective very early on. I don't even know anymore :lmao
Everyone else also did their part in making the game conclude the way it did.

So once again, thank you all for playing, hope you had fun and that I'll see you in another mafia game in the future. Cheers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top