Games Top Ten Game - Interim Round 105: Top 10 Hottest video games female characters

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Schedule

Current :

Interim Round 105
Hottest Female Video Game Characters
Host: @Erinyes

On Hold :
Worst Tropes in Anime/Manga/Light Novel
Host: zimbardo

Note: The schedule could still be changed/re-arranged depending on the hosts' availability.



Host:
@Erinyes

🎨
Artist Characters

👾
Badass Video Game Characters

🍕
Slice of Life Anime/Manga/LN

Host:
@Purity of Magi
🏜
Magi Characters
🧙‍♀️
Whey They Cry Characters

⛓
Chainsaw Man Characters
Host: @Gajeel

🏐
Haikyuu Characters
Host: @Holt

🎮
Video Game Characters [Remake]
Host: @Sky

👨
Dads/Father Figures
Host: @z.5

🎵
'Big 3' Music Rounds
Host: @Xadyu

🐼
Anime Pandas
Host: @Copy Panda

Tokyo Revengers Characters
Host: @Hermit

Interim Rounds
#01: Animated Shows Host: @Faust
#02: Animes Host: @Faust
#03: Music Bands/Groups Host: @Faust
#04: Music Duos Host: @Faust
#05: Music Artists Host: @Faust
#06: Anime OPs Host: @Faust
#07: Anime EDs Host: @Faust
#08: Anime OSTs Host: @Faust
#09: Anime Fights Host: @Faust
#10: Anime Groups Host: @Faust
#11: Anime Moves Host: @Faust
#12: Anime Duos Host: @Faust
#13: Anime Movies Host: @Faust
#14: Manga Series Host: @Faust
#15: Music Videos Host: @Faust
#16: Animated Movies Host: @Faust
#17: Video Games Host: @Faust
#18: Mangakas Host: @Faust
#19: Manga Characters Who Lived Up to the Hype Host: @Faust
#20: Most Sad Anime Moments Host: @Faust
#21: Anime Senseis Host: @Faust
#22: Video Game Duos Host: @Faust
#23: Anime Leaders Host: @Faust
#24: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Swordwielders Host: @Faust
#25: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Marks(wo)men Host: @Faust
#26: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Athletes Host: @Faust
#27: Video Game Villains Host: @Faust
#28: Animated (Non-Anime) Villains Host: @Faust
#29: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Villains Host: @Faust
#30: Underappreciated Anime Series Host: @Faust
#31: Underappreciated Animated Films Host: @Faust
#32: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Rivals/Archnemeses Host: @Faust
#33: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Romantic Pairings Host: @Faust
#34: Anime/Manga/Light Novel featuring Physical/Mental Disablities/Illness Host: @Faust
#35: Anime Full Soundtrack Host: @Faust
#36: Super Smash Bros. Fighter Suggestions Host: @Faust
#37: Animals Host: zimbardo
#38: Sci-Fi Movies Host: @Faust
#39: Type-Moon Characters Host: @Faust
#40: Countries with Best Cuisine Host: zimbardo
#41: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Characters That You Want To See Go All Out Host: @Faust
#42: Animal Crossing New Horizons Villagers Host: @Ustegius
#43: Dragon Ball Characters Host: @Faust
#44: One Piece Characters Host: @Faust
#45: Naruto Characters Host: @syx
#46: Bleach Characters Host: zimbardo
#47: Female Lead Characters [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Brandish μ
#48: Parents/Guardians [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Faust
#49: Fullmetal Alchemist Characters Host: @Purity of Magi
#50: Boku no Hero Academia Characters Host: @Hermit
#51: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Characters Host @GrySun
#52: Secondary Characters [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @revo
#53: Best Story Arcs [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Faust
#54: Kimetsu no Yaiba Characters Host: @revo
#55: Anime Hair Host: @Evil3ye
#56: Gintama Characters Host: @Gryffindor
#57: Black Clover Characters Host: @Juviii
#58: Tensais Host: @Erinyes
#59: Waifus Host: @SirSamuel016
#60: Manga Artworks Host: @revo
#61: Hunter x Hunter Characters Host: @Nii
#62: Yū Yū Hakusho Characters Host: @Faust
#63: Pokémon Host: @Evil3ye
#64: Inspiring Characters Host: @desin24
#65: Shokugeki no Sōma Characters Host: @Tatsumaki
#66: Shingeki no Kyojin Characters Host: @Farfalla
#67: Stylish Characters Host: @Erinyes
#68: Husbandos Host: @revo
#69: Fairy Tail Characters Host: @Brandish μ
#70: Dr. Stone Characters Host: @Hermit
#71: Jujutsu Kaisen Characters Host: @Nii
#72: Romantic Scenes in Manga(wha) Host: @Erinyes
#73: Brawlers Host: @Faust
#74: Anime OST Composers Hosts: @Farfalla and @MArGi
#75: Video Game+Visual Novel OST Composers Hosts: @Farfalla and @MArGi
#76: Badass Male Characters - Host: @Erinyes
#77: Badass Female Characters - Host: @Erinyes
#78: Nanatsu no Taizai Characters - Host: @Hermit
#79: Manga/LN/VN That Need An Anime - Host: @Brandish μ
#80: Eurovision 2022 - Host: @Riku
#81: Female Mangaka - Host: @Erinyes
#82: Fate Characters - Host: @Nii
#83: Best Character Designs (Male) - Host: @Erinyes
#84: Best Character Designs (Female) - Host: @Erinyes
#85: Annoying Characters - Host: @Evil3ye
#86: Voice Actors (Seiyū) - Host: @Farfalla
#87: Video Game Character Designs (Male) - Host @Erinyes
#88: Video Game Character Designs (Female) - Host @Erinyes
#89: Eurovision 2023 - Host: @Riku
#90: Feel Good Slices of Life Anime/Manga/Light Novel - Host: @Erinyes
#91: Kingdom Characters - Host: @MArGi
#92: Anime OPs (Remake) - Host; @Erinyes

ON HOLD
#??: Worst Tropes in Anime/Manga/Light Novel - Host: @z.5
#??: Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOs)
For rounds hosted by @BluePegasus Go here
For rounds hosted by @Xadyu Go here
For rounds hosted by zimbardo Go here

Hosting Priority List and Window of Availability

Video games in terms of story
Villains you wish had won [Anime/Manga/LN/VN]


I've made a thread to alert people when new rounds are starting, when lists are to be sent, when the number 1 has been released, etc.

I hope that it is a useful tool for you lot.

Please watch the thread and, if hosting, post messages to alert people to anything useful within the game
:verily

1K page celebration post [courtesy of Valhalla777]
 
Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,570
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I never read the Hellsing manga. :catshrug
ive never seen or read hellsing
You guys really should - it's not great storytelling, in all fairness, but it certainly is Kouta Hirano's work (it reads like he was pretty much given free reign to do/write whatever he wanted) - I am also a huge fan of the art style and characters.

It's a series with some serious style, if not an overly serious plot.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
You guys really should - it's not great storytelling, in all fairness, but it certainly is Kouta Hirano's work (it reads like he was pretty much given free reign to do/write whatever he wanted) - I am also a huge fan of the art style and characters.

It's a series with some serious style, if not an overly serious plot.
Is it better than the anime?

The anime is one of the most stylish I know. Style over substance, but that doesn’t mean there’s none of the latter for sure.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,570
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Is it better than the anime?

The anime is one of the most stylish I know. Style over substance, but that doesn’t mean there’s none of the latter for sure.
I'm not sure I can think of any anime which is better than it's manga companion.

I really like the manga format.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I'm not sure I can think of any anime which is better than it's manga companion.

I really like the manga format.
I prefer manga over anime at any time. But Gintama is so much more in it's anime form.
It's one of the few exceptions, if not the only one (for me anyway).
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,570
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I prefer manga over anime at any time. But Gintama is so much more in it's anime form.
It's one of the few exceptions, if not the only one (for me anyway).
A series I haven't read or watched.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
A series I haven't read or watched.
HOW DARE YOU!


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Is what I normally would've said. But it's a gag-anime at it's core, it also has a few of the best serious shounen fights/arcs, but at it's core it's a gag-manga. I'm not sure you're someone who likes that? One of the best manga/anime there is, imo.

Didn't include it on my list though. :derp
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I'm not sure I can think of any anime which is better than it's manga companion.

I really like the manga format.
I prefer manga over anime at any time. But Gintama is so much more in it's anime form.
It's one of the few exceptions, if not the only one (for me anyway).
The two I tend to mention I like more in anime form than manga (where I’ve read/watched both) are Mushishi and Planetes. But re-reading Planetes a few months back I’m not so sure anymore, I might like the manga better, or equally but in different ways, after all.

Mushishi though, I read the manga years after the anime became a favorite and even though it’s a fantastic manga I just feel like the anime capitalized on the overall atmosphere of it so well that I’ll always prefer it. (That’s why I preferred the anime of Planetes first as well, but I feel the manga emphasizes the characters a bit better so I dunno man.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I love Gintama in manga form. Have only watched clips of the anime but might have to pick it up after your words here, Tom.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Gave Gintama a try once, but didn‘t find it funny or understood many of the references. Probably amazing if you get everything they say, but if you don‘t then it‘ll mostly just be confusing.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
BluePegasus Entertainment Business ® production
and FaustXIII presents



The Countdown
Interim Round 2: Top Ten Anime


Thanks to all the participants
FaustXIII (Host)
Valhalla777
Ustegius
Brandish
Erinyes
Emperor Spriggan
Gryffindor
Linali
Zirconium
Organizized
shinobi
Xadyu
Farfalla
GrySun
liductan
zimbardo


Desert Punk
@FaustXIII


Otogizoushi
@zimbardo


Magi
@GrySun


Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
@Farfalla


Crayon Shin-chan
@Zirconium


Zetsuen no Tempest
@Emperor Spriggan


Kids on the Slope
@Organizized


Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
@Gryffindor
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Ah Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is a great drama anime. Solid choice @Gryffindor.

Guess Kids on the Slope is the most unpopular one on my list. Was kinda hoping @Brandish might have it on his but it was a long shot. Still, glad I included it because it really just moved me to the core in a way only great music (and stories thereof) can.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Solid choices, Desert Punk is a great anime (and a better manga). I still have Otogizoushi and Tempest on my watchlist.

I definitely wouldn't have put Magi or KonoSuba anywhere close to the top 10, I definitely knew Gry was going for Magi though
The anime is of really great quality, I give you that, it was one of those shows (along with likes of Jojo, Kuroko and Haikyuu) that really gave me hope for new gen animes.

Shin-chan is a definite 9/10 for me, I've followed it for a long time (almost 800 eps) and only dropped it because subs are fucking hard to find.
Kids on the Slope and Tokyo are great animes too, definitely should rate high for me when I'd make a longer list. :nod
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
And already the 2-pointers!

Jojo! I would've expected Gry to vote for this one too, good choice @Erinyes . I don't have it, but Jojo is one of my highest ranking mangas/anime.
Have read Kaichou wa Maid, Yona and Slam Dunk, but I have yet to watch their animes. Trigun and Mob Psycho are still on my watchlist.

I'm really happy to see Index and Ping Pong nominated! @GrySun @zimbardo . Those are some solid animes, with Index being very, very underrated.
And there's TTGL.. I knew this one was going to be on the list and I'm happy it ranked so low. Maybe my opinion of it can be changed, since I dropped it after the huge character death, but it really didn't do anything for me, I really thought it was a bad show.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
My picks are not so much a faves list but 10 anime that were important, for me to continue watching anime, or how I thought/feel about the medium.

Was kinda hoping @Brandish might have it on his but it was a long shot
Payback for Bananaman :derp

I chose another music/Josei instead. Kids on the Slope is great though. I'm not musically orientated, but the part where they jam for the first time gives you goosebumps. I also preferred this to the manga (mainly because my mind can't comprehend the music anywhere near as well as it sounds).
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,570
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Trigun is great - a nice choice from Farf and one you should also probably watch Xad

Yeah, I also wasn't a fan of TTGL - but, I probably watched even less than you did (it's possible that it improved greatly following when I stopped)
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I chose another music/Josei instead. Kids on the Slope is great though. I'm not musically orientated, but the part where they jam for the first time gives you goosebumps. I also preferred this to the manga (mainly because my mind can't comprehend the music anywhere near as well as it sounds).
BECK? I haven't seen the anime of that, but that's because I never plan on doing that. I read the manga and it's one of the best I've read, also on of my favorites. Definitely Top 10 material. But the anime is only going to ruin my manga experience, because the 'sound' is going to make everything different from what I love.

Trigun is great - a nice choice from Farf and one you should also probably watch Xad

Yeah, I also wasn't a fan of TTGL - but, I probably watched even less than you did (it's possible that it improved greatly following when I stopped)
I've been planning on watching that for at least a decade. Not sure why it hasn't happened yet.

TTGL could've turned out great, yeah. But it's an anime that has everything I love, yet I really disliked it. That's why I never bothered continue watching.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Trigun was one of my top 5 anime for ages, and it was definitely one of my runner-ups. I have the box set and it’s a solid rewatch as well. Not sure why I excluded it this time honestly, Vash is one of my favorite leading male characters of all time and the whole setting is just so great. Good one @Farfalla.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
My picks are not so much a faves list but 10 anime that were important, for me to continue watching anime, or how I thought/feel about the medium.



Payback for Bananaman :derp

I chose another music/Josei instead. Kids on the Slope is great though. I'm not musically orientated, but the part where they jam for the first time gives you goosebumps. I also preferred this to the manga (mainly because my mind can't comprehend the music anywhere near as well as it sounds).
Hm, if it’s BECK I can’t quite condone the exclusion, but that’s because the manga is fantastic and the anime didn’t do it justice (in my opinion!). But I guess I had it coming karma-wise after Bananaman. :catshrug
 
Top