Games Top Ten Game - Interim Round 105: Top 10 Hottest video games female characters

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Schedule

Current :

Interim Round 105
Hottest Female Video Game Characters
Host: @Erinyes

On Hold :
Worst Tropes in Anime/Manga/Light Novel
Host: zimbardo

Note: The schedule could still be changed/re-arranged depending on the hosts' availability.



Host:
@Erinyes

🎨
Artist Characters

👾
Badass Video Game Characters

🍕
Slice of Life Anime/Manga/LN

Host:
@Purity of Magi
🏜
Magi Characters
🧙‍♀️
Whey They Cry Characters

⛓
Chainsaw Man Characters
Host: @Gajeel

🏐
Haikyuu Characters
Host: @Holt

🎮
Video Game Characters [Remake]
Host: @Sky

👨
Dads/Father Figures
Host: @z.5

🎵
'Big 3' Music Rounds
Host: @Xadyu

🐼
Anime Pandas
Host: @Copy Panda

Tokyo Revengers Characters
Host: @Hermit

Interim Rounds
#01: Animated Shows Host: @Faust
#02: Animes Host: @Faust
#03: Music Bands/Groups Host: @Faust
#04: Music Duos Host: @Faust
#05: Music Artists Host: @Faust
#06: Anime OPs Host: @Faust
#07: Anime EDs Host: @Faust
#08: Anime OSTs Host: @Faust
#09: Anime Fights Host: @Faust
#10: Anime Groups Host: @Faust
#11: Anime Moves Host: @Faust
#12: Anime Duos Host: @Faust
#13: Anime Movies Host: @Faust
#14: Manga Series Host: @Faust
#15: Music Videos Host: @Faust
#16: Animated Movies Host: @Faust
#17: Video Games Host: @Faust
#18: Mangakas Host: @Faust
#19: Manga Characters Who Lived Up to the Hype Host: @Faust
#20: Most Sad Anime Moments Host: @Faust
#21: Anime Senseis Host: @Faust
#22: Video Game Duos Host: @Faust
#23: Anime Leaders Host: @Faust
#24: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Swordwielders Host: @Faust
#25: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Marks(wo)men Host: @Faust
#26: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Athletes Host: @Faust
#27: Video Game Villains Host: @Faust
#28: Animated (Non-Anime) Villains Host: @Faust
#29: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Villains Host: @Faust
#30: Underappreciated Anime Series Host: @Faust
#31: Underappreciated Animated Films Host: @Faust
#32: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Rivals/Archnemeses Host: @Faust
#33: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Romantic Pairings Host: @Faust
#34: Anime/Manga/Light Novel featuring Physical/Mental Disablities/Illness Host: @Faust
#35: Anime Full Soundtrack Host: @Faust
#36: Super Smash Bros. Fighter Suggestions Host: @Faust
#37: Animals Host: zimbardo
#38: Sci-Fi Movies Host: @Faust
#39: Type-Moon Characters Host: @Faust
#40: Countries with Best Cuisine Host: zimbardo
#41: Anime/Manga/Light Novel Characters That You Want To See Go All Out Host: @Faust
#42: Animal Crossing New Horizons Villagers Host: @Ustegius
#43: Dragon Ball Characters Host: @Faust
#44: One Piece Characters Host: @Faust
#45: Naruto Characters Host: @syx
#46: Bleach Characters Host: zimbardo
#47: Female Lead Characters [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Brandish μ
#48: Parents/Guardians [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Faust
#49: Fullmetal Alchemist Characters Host: @Purity of Magi
#50: Boku no Hero Academia Characters Host: @Hermit
#51: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Characters Host @GrySun
#52: Secondary Characters [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @revo
#53: Best Story Arcs [Anime/Manga/LN/VN] Host: @Faust
#54: Kimetsu no Yaiba Characters Host: @revo
#55: Anime Hair Host: @Evil3ye
#56: Gintama Characters Host: @Gryffindor
#57: Black Clover Characters Host: @Juviii
#58: Tensais Host: @Erinyes
#59: Waifus Host: @SirSamuel016
#60: Manga Artworks Host: @revo
#61: Hunter x Hunter Characters Host: @Nii
#62: Yū Yū Hakusho Characters Host: @Faust
#63: Pokémon Host: @Evil3ye
#64: Inspiring Characters Host: @desin24
#65: Shokugeki no Sōma Characters Host: @Tatsumaki
#66: Shingeki no Kyojin Characters Host: @Farfalla
#67: Stylish Characters Host: @Erinyes
#68: Husbandos Host: @revo
#69: Fairy Tail Characters Host: @Brandish μ
#70: Dr. Stone Characters Host: @Hermit
#71: Jujutsu Kaisen Characters Host: @Nii
#72: Romantic Scenes in Manga(wha) Host: @Erinyes
#73: Brawlers Host: @Faust
#74: Anime OST Composers Hosts: @Farfalla and @MArGi
#75: Video Game+Visual Novel OST Composers Hosts: @Farfalla and @MArGi
#76: Badass Male Characters - Host: @Erinyes
#77: Badass Female Characters - Host: @Erinyes
#78: Nanatsu no Taizai Characters - Host: @Hermit
#79: Manga/LN/VN That Need An Anime - Host: @Brandish μ
#80: Eurovision 2022 - Host: @Riku
#81: Female Mangaka - Host: @Erinyes
#82: Fate Characters - Host: @Nii
#83: Best Character Designs (Male) - Host: @Erinyes
#84: Best Character Designs (Female) - Host: @Erinyes
#85: Annoying Characters - Host: @Evil3ye
#86: Voice Actors (Seiyū) - Host: @Farfalla
#87: Video Game Character Designs (Male) - Host @Erinyes
#88: Video Game Character Designs (Female) - Host @Erinyes
#89: Eurovision 2023 - Host: @Riku
#90: Feel Good Slices of Life Anime/Manga/Light Novel - Host: @Erinyes
#91: Kingdom Characters - Host: @MArGi
#92: Anime OPs (Remake) - Host; @Erinyes

ON HOLD
#??: Worst Tropes in Anime/Manga/Light Novel - Host: @z.5
#??: Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOs)
For rounds hosted by @BluePegasus Go here
For rounds hosted by @Xadyu Go here
For rounds hosted by zimbardo Go here

Hosting Priority List and Window of Availability

Video games in terms of story
Villains you wish had won [Anime/Manga/LN/VN]


I've made a thread to alert people when new rounds are starting, when lists are to be sent, when the number 1 has been released, etc.

I hope that it is a useful tool for you lot.

Please watch the thread and, if hosting, post messages to alert people to anything useful within the game
:verily

1K page celebration post [courtesy of Valhalla777]
 
Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,569
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Oh. That's interesting. That's not the RK I listed - I listed the 4 initial OVAs. Sad to see I'd have been the only one to list that :emocat

I never watched the RK anime, only read the manga. So Idk what to think of this xD
Ah yeah, those OVAs were excellent

I was pretty ambivalent to the RK series though - it was ok, not great, certainly not as good as the OVAs were
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Ah yeah, those OVAs were excellent

I was pretty ambivalent to the RK series though - it was ok, not great, certainly not as good as the OVAs were
Yeah, the series indeed doesnt live up to what the OVAs presented, which would be the background. Still a great series, imo, but the OVAs are mindblowing (again, the initial ones)
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
That reminds me of how Death Parade kinda didn't live up to the expectations from the Death Billards oneshot, it was still really good but expectations were higher afaik.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Those OVAs came after the main series, but the setitng is about Kenshin's past. Some people start it from the OVAs tho, cause chronology.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Here's an anecdote. :cookiehand


Before I knew what anime was, I was just a fanatic about cartoons, especially those with a different looking style, which turned out to be anime in the end. A lot of anime I watched before I knew what it was, were actual European-commisioned series, like the Dutch Alfred J. Kwak (10/10), or series like Moomins (10/10), Barbapappa, Boes Boes, Nilss Holgersson and the likes.

Of course I watched Dragon Ball (Z), Digimon, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon. I largely ignored the mecha ones that dominated the later hours like Gundam, but then even MTV started airing anime, only one though, Cowboy Bebop. Whose music I really liked, but didn't really watch.

It was in the summer of 2000 that I noticed Canal+ (satellite/cable channel) had started with Midnight Anime Wednesdays, they aired 16/18+ anime movies at midnight (which actually made it Thursdays). The commercials were pretty weird cut, which made them really mysterious, but one thing I noticed was A LOT OF BLOOD. That really got to me, a cartoon.. with blood?! That's insane.

That night my dad was working the night shift and my mom was long asleep, I never went to bed earlier than 01:00 or 02:00 AM (secretly ofc, I was 10.. :lmao ). I snuck down and watch Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen (aka Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal). It's a four-part OVA, yes, but they presented it as a 2-hour movie instead.

I was glued to the screen, it starts off very serious, dramatic and suspenseful, I hadn't experienced that in a cartoon yet, only in live-action movies I wasn't allowed to watch. That changed my life, Tsuiokuhen is the reason I got into anime. I couldn't sleep that night, I was only thinking about the movie, I drew a lot of the characters during the night and the following weeks, the only thing I talked about (to friends) was the movie. It had me in it's grasp and I loved it. Anime got to me. I went to the local videostore to search for anime, which wasn't really available, except some borderline-****** or actual ****** that I wasn't allowed to get (but shoplifted, a few anyway; Advancer Tina, A Kite, Mezzo Forte, Vol. 1 of Bible Black (which also changed my life...), Alien from the Darkness). But also a certain other movie.. Akira. I don't know HOW many times we'd (and friends) watch the movie. We had to pause it every few minutes or so a lot of the times, because parents were around, but the number of rewatches and constant binging were insane.

So yeah, my first conscious anime-experience was Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen, Akira and ******. Which probably explains a lot for the people that know me.

It wasn't until almost 6 years later I came across a manga called Rurouni Kenshin which I immediately loved, it felt so familiar to me and I really liked it, but not until I hit the actual Tsuiokuhen arc I connected the dots. That was the manga/anime I was searching for all those years! (Communities weren't as big as back then and no one knew the "Bloody Samurai Movie").
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's a freaking masterpiece. So I was rly shocked to realize I'd be the only one listing it. Dunno if I got things wrong, the rules said 'no 1-episode OVA', and that's a longer one, but I was in a hurry and could have fucked it up...
It's a 4-part one, so basically a mini-series. Definitely counts. But the story is actually a part of the main-story (in the manga it's a flashback arc), so that's why it got counted as the main series, probably.

Okay at this point I'm starting to wonder whether Faust just forgot to list my 1st one among the 10 point ones. This is pretty far for it to come.
Is it your only one left? Never mind, it's been posted now. DtB is a really solid choice, didn't expect it on the list, definitely not this high-up.
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Is it your only one left? Never mind, it's been posted now. DtB is a really solid choice, didn't expect it on the list, definitely not this high-up.
Still got 3 left I think. I didn't expect it getting any points other than from me so this was very surprising. Doubt it'll ever stop being my favorite.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands

Darker than Black
@GrySun (10) | @liductan (7)


D.Gray-man
@Emperor Spriggan (8) | @shinobi (6) | @Linali (3)


Detective Conan
@Zirconium (7) | @Emperor Spriggan (6) | @shinobi (4)

I didn't even saw that DGM got nominated but I saw "Abingd---" AND I CLICKED. I FUCKING LOVE THAT INTRO.

I actually never finished the DGM anime for some reason (only had 10ish eps left), but DGM is fucking great. The anime is really solid, the opings are great, everything is really great. So was the manga until it made the change to monthyl, then it all became a bit.. lesser so, imo. And that's when I dropped it (around ch 200). I even, apparently, bullied a member of MH by saying DGM was shit. (RIP @Siberia , I loved you ). I'm still planning on re-reading the manga and try to read further, but I might just watch the anime with my wife and read the manga from there on out. Really good choice, sometimes you still surprise me @Emperor Spriggan (maybe you too @shinobi )

And yes, I named my son, my flesh and blood, Conan. And no, I don't have it on my list, I REALLY WANTED TOO THOUGH. Detective Conan is very underrated because it's a (mostly) episodic procedural crime show, but goddamn is it's writing GENIUS or what?

AND WHAT? ES AND SHINOBI AGAIN?! I might actually start to like you guys! :emocat
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Thanks for thinking of me, but I don't think I can, don't really have much time nowadays unfortunately.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Still got 3 left I think. I didn't expect it getting any points other than from me so this was very surprising. Doubt it'll ever stop being my favorite.
It's your all-time favorite?

I don't know why, but I had to think of Black Blood Brothers, have you seen that one?


Great Teacher Onizuka
@Gryffindor (7) | @Ustegius (6) | @Valhalla777 (4) | @shinobi (1)


Lupin III
@Xadyu (10) | @Ustegius (5) | @Organizized (3)

No! Lupin didn't make the Top 10?! That's fucking heresy! BLASPHEMY! This definitely puts my love for these guys in pure concrete. This reaffirms everything once again. Love you two! @Ustegius @Organizized :wtf

Don't be mad at this though, but I haven't read or watched GTO.. It's one of those "Forever Planned' ones.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Thanks for thinking of me, but I don't think I can, don't really have much time nowadays unfortunately.
We're almost done with the reveals anyway.. :lmao
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands


Next on The Countdown:
The Top Eleven

​
This is coming tomorrow right?

They Were Eleven was a pretty cool movie, I shoplifted that one too. :lmao (a lot of Kitty Films actually)
Really liked it. Don't anymore, hasn't aged well at all.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,637
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It's your all-time favorite?

I don't know why, but I had to think of Black Blood Brothers, have you seen that one?
Yes, though less due to it being very high quality(that'd be my 2nd and 3rd pick) but more about other things making it a lot more meaningful.

I've seen a lot of shows recommended to me as dtb-similar, that one was among them too, but I never got to watching that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Don't be mad at this though, but I haven't read or watched GTO.. It's one of those "Forever Planned' ones.
It's really good. But I wish the anime covered everything from the manga and not just end somewhat-abruptly. Still a really good watch regardless.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Yes, though less due to it being very high quality(that'd be my 2nd and 3rd pick) but more about other things making it a lot more meaningful.

I've seen a lot of shows recommended to me as dtb-similar, that one was among them too, but I never got to watching that.
Alright, I've never seen it, again one of those 'Forever Planned' series.

I saw Black Blood Brothers very randomly, shortly after it came out. I can only vaguely remember it now, I've been planning on rewatching it for some time now. But I do recall I was pleasantly surprised (probably because Vampire-stuff wasn't that .. fun most of the time in mainstream media), but I really liked it, I know I was recommending it to everyone and their mother back then.
 

liductan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
854
Reaction score
3,074
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's a freaking masterpiece. So I was rly shocked to realize I'd be the only one listing it. Dunno if I got things wrong, the rules said 'no 1-episode OVA', and that's a longer one, but I was in a hurry and could have fucked it up...
It is. I've watched..

The soundtracks..
Masterpiece.
Filled with so much raw emotions.
It is dramatic, sad, sorrowful, happy, war...etc.
 
Top