Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 516 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I'm really sad :(

This and Kingdom Hearts 3 not releasing in 2018.

Please someone stop this suffering :(
Well at least you predicted the Kimetsu anime announcement...after several attempts

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm super disappointed. This issue, the new serialization round, no new act age chapters translated, nothing is going right for me.

MangAniMY

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Congratulations, Hiroyuki Nakano.
You got a new enemy.

I'll forgive you if you give me the new Kishimoto series until August.
"a"?

more like an army of Fujoshi...

LuckyJim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
I'm not entirely surprised about Robot x Laserbeam ending, I was kind of expecting it considering how chapter 61 ended. Regardless, this means Noah's Notes will probably continue for a while which is good, this is Ikezawa's last chance at a serialization in Shonen Jump, and maybe Viz will pick up a new series too.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
:cookiestare Will they actually putting Yuuna at the bottom now, even though the anime air next month? Find out next time on the next episode of Nakano :cookiearf.

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Nakano:

DyanSon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Maybe they expecting Jujutsu to do well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yuuna would make sense at the bottom. It's the funniest thing in the magazine.

*80k seller
Yeah.... No 100k seller

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Didn’t actually expect Robo to end, but it was probably for the best. It was a bit of a mess and not really performing well. Although I do definitely think they should’ve transferred it to Jump Plus instead, but oh well.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Lol production IG should've picked HZ then if Robo was gonna get axed. What a waste....

Not caught up with Robo but I thought it'd at least get an anime by IG.

Chuck_Atlas

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Guess I'm the only one not bothered with Robot ending and actually saw it not lasting long, ever since that time-skip things didnt looked good

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I wasn't expecting it but it makes some sense with how it was in the magazine

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm a little bit sad about Robo ending since I was starting to warm up to it a bit since the tournament began, but I can understand why it was axed. Honestly, I think if the pacing was faster it would have performed better, but oh well.

Haru Hana

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Didn't Robo's sales decrease with each volume? Haven't read Robo so I can't say for sure about its quality but I think it's not very well know among fujoshi, meaning not very much potential even if it gets anime.

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, so much for the anime saving it.

nonowa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Production IG is now doing original fujoshi-aimed sports series. No need to share with Shueisha any more.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Didn't Robo's sales decrease with each volume? Haven't read Robo so I can't say for sure about its quality but I think it's not very well know among fujoshi, meaning not very much potential even if it gets anime.
yeah you're not wrong, although the decrease is only on physical sales, we still don't know about its digital sale.
----
I know there is no way they let a 6 months in the bottom get an anime. It's a miracle it lasts for like 3+ months dead last and survived 2 rounds. Veterans privilege.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Issue 30:
Sougou Jikan Jigyou Gaisha Daihyou Torishimariyaku Shachou Senzoku Hisho Tanaka Seiji (NEW)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
Dr. Stone
We Never Learn (Color)
Promised Neverland
Shokugeki no Soma
Jujutsu Kaisen (Color)
Haikyuu!!
Black Clover
MHA
MHA+Saguri-chan crossover?
Momiji no Kisetsu
Act Age (Color)
Invade You
Hinomaru Zumo
Noah's Notes
Gintama
Yuuna's Haunted Hot Springs
ZIGA (Dead)
Robot X LASERBEAM (Dead)

Issue 31
Cover: Alice no Taiyou
Colors: Tanaka, Gintama, Black Clover SD Asta-kun Mahoutei e no Michi
Holy shit they actually nuked RxL, the madmen. I do remember the mangaka complaining that he was struggling with the manga because researching golf was really difficult or something like that, it was in one of his early author comments from when the manga began its serialization, I wonder if that had something to do with it. The reception probably wasn't good enough either, I have a feeling like there were multiple factors that led up to its cancellation. You can remove your bookmark now, Sharkbait, you won :derp.

Lol production IG should've picked HZ then if Robo was gonna get axed. What a waste....

Not caught up with Robo but I thought it'd at least get an anime by IG.
Yeah, I was expecting at least an anime. I guess the next things that we can expect to have anime adaptations are Bokuben and Dr. Stone.

I'm not entirely surprised about Robot x Laserbeam ending, I was kind of expecting it considering how chapter 61 ended. Regardless, this means Noah's Notes will probably continue for a while which is good, this is Ikezawa's last chance at a serialization in Shonen Jump, and maybe Viz will pick up a new series too.
With Robo ending, Viz better pick up something new, I don't even care what it is.

I would agree that this might be Ikezawa's last chance at a serialization in Shonen Jump. If Noah's Notes fails will we also see him join the lineup of authors that couldn't make it in WSJ, but moved over to Jump+ with a new serialization that will gain even less attention than previous failures? But for now I think Noah's Notes will be fine, since there are a lot of new serializations competing against each other at the moment, well it will be fine until the next serialization round.

yeah you're not wrong, although the decrease is only on physical sales, we still don't know about its digital sale.
----
I know there is no way they let a 6 months in the bottom get an anime. It's a miracle it lasts for like 3+ months dead last and survived 2 rounds. Veterans privilege.
So RxL lasting this long was veteran's privilege?

My other thoughts are:
RxL ending definitely spices things up, this is kinda exciting, the only things that we gained from the six new manga round in 2017 are Dr. Stone and Bokuben, which would make the initiative kind of a failure now? Maybe it wasn't a failure, 2 out of 6 is better than 0 out of 6.

I wonder if Yuuna and HZ are in danger after their anime adaptations finish, or even before that.

Now I feel like there's going to be a fairly intense battle between all these new manga, I wonder which ones will be able to cement themselves for the future.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
来週はヒロアカが13P、ブラクロが11P

Heroaca is supposedly 13 pages and BC is only 11 pages. I think this is the second time BC as had an 11 page chapter this month(?). Either way, I don't think this is good news for both series' mangaka.
This has been happening too much, I can't ignore it . I'm worried they're being overworked. The pressure is high for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.