Mag Talk - Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021) | Page 123 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021)

Your opinion about the 1st episode of Komi-san, wa Komyushou desu?

• Amazing

• Very Good

• Good

• Average

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Torca

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Welp, if Shinobi ended in the #43 and KOI in the next issue plus Chrono Magia that was cancelled before surely in the #44 or #45 we will get new manga announcement. Hope it won't be like last year when mag was constantly under 400 pages and they just tried to fill it with oneshots at the end of the year.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I mean it HAS to happen soon, right? The April/May debuts are more than settled. Unless they’re holding back for a big anniversary year next year, like what they did with the 50th

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I mean it HAS to happen soon, right? The April/May debuts are more than settled. Unless they’re holding back for a big anniversary year next year, like what they did with the 50th
Normally I believe so but last year was pretty abnormal and they just waited for the 'paper' start of the new year so they could hold out this 6 or 7 issues with oneshots again. So if they're planning something bigger for anniversary... Still I don't think a series or two would hinder this.

kengai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Didn't they announce a replacement for Chrono Magia already?
Speking of series that are ending, does anyone know how many murder mysteries Xeno has solved by now? I think this one might be in the next batch that leaves the magazine when its scheduled run ends.
I wouldn't mind a few more oneshots until new series start. We haven't had any for quite a while and the oneshot section on Webry hasn't been updated in over a year.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They’re really pulling behind Xeno as a solid part of the magazine, so I think it’s safe. As for the murder rooms.... two? MAYBE three? Did the baseball dome count? Like the seven murder rooms have taken a bit of a backseat while we learn a bunch of background stuff right now.

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
As for the murder rooms.... two? MAYBE three?
He solved three and is currently on the fourth one... though I'm not quite sure if it even counts as one of the rooms, because last time I checked, they were still not sure. But the first three were the Gravestone Mansion (ch. 2-5), the University Campus (Ch. 8-11) and the Yatagarasu Train (Ch. 15-18).

kengai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Thanks for the answers. In that case Xeno will be part of the magazine for longer than I thought. But it's nice that the author doesn't have to rush through the story.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
He solved three and is currently on the fourth one... though I'm not quite sure if it even counts as one of the rooms, because last time I checked, they were still not sure. But the first three were the Gravestone Mansion (ch. 2-5), the University Campus (Ch. 8-11) and the Yatagarasu Train (Ch. 15-18).
I forgot the university! I loved that mystery too. If this does in fact turn out to be the fourth then we’re over the hump, but it’s not like the series isn’t happy to do non-room stuff whenever it can, so it might not mean much.

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Seems like Gopun will have troubles too. It didn't show up on the Bunkyodo Real Time ranking which usually means it won't even break 5k.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
WSS #43 features section.

So long Shinobi no, so long Conan.

Seems like Gopun will have troubles too. It didn't show up on the Bunkyodo Real Time ranking which usually means it won't even break 5k.
Oh come on duuuude don't say that. Please say sike.

Didn't they announce a replacement for Chrono Magia already?
Speking of series that are ending, does anyone know how many murder mysteries Xeno has solved by now? I think this one might be in the next batch that leaves the magazine when its scheduled run ends.
I wouldn't mind a few more oneshots until new series start. We haven't had any for quite a while and the oneshot section on Webry hasn't been updated in over a year.
I'd imagine we'll get one shots for a while as Chrono Magia's fate wasn't something they planned for even if they have several new series in the wings for Shinobi no and K.O.I. Xeno seems pretty safe if it's position in the TOC and lack of losing sales is any indication. (I wish it'd gain, but baby steps.) Right now it's clear Nanatsuki has been given a green light to expand on things as even Xeno said this week that the cave they're in isn't really a murder room.

ruggia

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
I won't mind if Sunday cut down on the series count and lean up a bit. They have the most number of series running among the weeklies after all.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To be fair to Sunday with that they also have a huge amount of series with smaller page counts, so it balances out

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Yup, 2 monthlies and 7 series with lower page count plus Conan, Major and Amano are on 16 pages. Sunday have more series yet page-wise mag is most of the time thinner than Jump. We also need to remember that Saike is or more like was a special serialization, Conan and Amuro series swap place and some special treatment with breaks for Mitsuda and Shiina. They don't have the luxury to drop the number of series until monthlies and 2-3 series with shorter page count would be swapped for 1-2 normal serializations.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue #43's editorial page

The art for pretty much everything I read on a regular basis was really good this week so that was a treat, but seeing Shinobi no go hurts a lot. At least from what I saw on twitter between Ogaki and Fukuchi, the former seems ready to draw something else eventually so I very much hope he will. He's really talented and shouldn't let this get him down.

Didn't know that Sunday is a thin magazine despite having more series, but it makes sense since they're trying really hard to find hits. Plus it helps the artists out that they can draw more or less depending on what they need. I'm actually fine with the shorter serials as long as it means the level of artwork remains as high as it has.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
86 9784091283993 5分後の世界 1 小学館 福田宏 2018.9.18 Gofun in the top 100 at least.

37 9784091283986 サイケまたしても 13 小学館 福地翼 2018.9.18 Saike at 37
1 9784091283900 古見さんは、コミュ症です。 10 小学館 オダトモヒト 2018.9.18 Komi at number 1
3 9784091284938 双亡亭壊すべし 10 小学館 藤田和日郎 2018.9.18 Souboutei at 3.
20 9784091283948 保安官エヴァンスの嘘 5 小学館 栗山ミヅキ 2018.9.18 Evans at 20.

Of course I have no idea if these are good or bad but....there they are.

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Maiko-san Vol. 7 ranked on Oricon Top 50, with 22,007 copies in the first week.

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
#45 :
Cover - Asuka Saitô
Lead : Kimi ha 008

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know it probably doesn't mean much of anything but this pleases me on a petty level:

76 9784091283986 サイケまたしても 13 小学館 福地翼 2018.9.18
77 9784065132357 EDENS ZERO(1)特装版 講談社 真島ヒロ 2018.9.14

Status
Not open for further replies.