Shounen - Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto

Infinity Edge

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I started paying more attention to this manga ever since they finally kicked off this arc with Kawaki. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty stoked to learn who Kawaki is, and why he does things the way he does. For me, seeing Youtube AMV's of Sasuke was the reason to get into this series, to see more of Sasuke and witness his story. I'm finally feeling like we have a simiar situation here, just like the antics of Naruto & Sasuke from the beginning of the manga, which I personally loved. I really hope this manga delivers and we'll finally see a good reincarnation of that trope, that relationship.

With this specific chapter, it looks like we are heading on that path and it makes me happy. :hearts It pains me somewhat that we are abandoning the realm of theories - who Kawaki will be, and the possibility of one of Boruto's friends becoming Kawaki, I undoubtedly felt like there was potential there, sadly the author did not think it was ok. From my experience that's what most people think, sadly I am in the minority. I guess I just have an appetite for dark things and I love to see betrayal.:smile-big
:blackbeard

The pure cons of this chapter, for me is the posture of Sarada, she's definitely not delivering anything we didn't already knew. She only ever stands around, she's quiet & shocked. Watching her in this chapter definitely reminded me of Sakura. I don't wanna do early judgements, but at this rate it seems that Sarada will be no different from Sakura except for better battle prowess and a different relationship with protagonist. Hope to see more action from her.

To conclude, I am definitely stoked for the opportunity of the Naruto/Sasuke relationship finally making a reappearance with Boruto/Kawaki, the mystery of Kara and the way of how the Karma power works, it feels quite intriguing. It's an okay chapter and I obviously enjoyed reading it.:super

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was nodding my head at your entire post until you said the art is gorgeous, I can't agree with that sentiment at all. It's gotten better but it's too rough and grainy. Hinata lost her chest and Konohomaru looks like an alien now.

Kawaki getting revealed has made the story more interesting, moreso than anything previously cause I've really disliked more than I liked in the manga storyline. This isn't the Naruto we love, and like you I'm just following out of being a fan and wanting to see Naruto and Sasuke continue to grow.

However this chapter I kinda liked, Jigen's ability to copy things the way he saw it previously was impressive while Delta can move through some space/time ninjutsu reminiscent of when Sasuke used that space/time jutsu to use Manda as a shield from Deidara's self destruct. Kawaki has Kama and is like Jugo too.
Eh the draftsmanship itself is gorgeous. You can complain about choices in character design change but that's different from the actual technical skill on display. Hinata's boobs are fine, they're just drawn more realistically now. Konohamaru does look odd sometimes, but then again I barely notice his character is there at all.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
This chapter was a bit awful... And what bothers me the most is that this technology seems to have been available for ages and it is something that was not hinted in the Naruto story. Was Kawaki using Mokuton as well ? Since nobody commented on that, presume it wasn't Mokuton at all

The seal that Kawaki resonated with Boruto's seal... I can only imagine this mean Kawaki is connected to Momoshiki or a relative of his somehow

1337 haxor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...
This chapter was a bit awful... And what bothers me the most is that this technology seems to have been available for ages and it is something that was not hinted in the Naruto story. Was Kawaki using Mokuton as well ? Since nobody commented on that, presume it wasn't Mokuton at all

The seal that Kawaki resonated with Boruto's seal... I can only imagine this mean Kawaki is connected to Momoshiki or a relative of his somehow
Kara must have a leader above Jigra who can kill Otstsuki.

Kawaki must have dealt the final blow of the battle between Kara and another branch of the Otstsuki.

The complexity of the ninja tech implemented hints at someone using the Asura Path of Pain which links both synthetics and organics within the same framework.

There should be a Rinnegan user at the top of Kara and my intuition says that person is directly related to Sasuke and Sarada.

Sarada's origins were left very open and blurry since the characters contradicted the logical flow of evidence with a story that never got any flashback to back it up.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
It's Orochimaru! He's finally combined science with technology, and he got some eyes from Obito!

What? I can dream, can't I? He was the most enjoyable villain... and one would have to ask what he thinks of ninja tech.

You know, Haxor, you make a VERY good point about the Asura path. It had high-tech stuff all about it. Using that as a base, I could easily see ninja tech developing.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Huh...this actually wasn't that bad. An interesting progression in having Kawaki living with the family. Depending on how it plays out, this could finally be the "Brothers" development that Naruto and Sasuke lacked, but kept being pushed on us anyway.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Okay this is an alright chapter and decent development I guess... Although, it looks as if Jigen was the one who gave Karma to Kawaki somehow

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Could be Jigen is the same thing as those gods or whatever... he has demonstrated considerable power in nonchalant ways. And the fact that Kawaki reacted so well to Naruto's transformation indicates he's seen Jigen at a similar if not superior chakra level. Scary.

It is such a shame we already know how this ends, with Kawaki and Boruto as enemies. The only question is whether or not he specifically is the one to kill Naruto, or he just is witness to it and tells Boruto he's going to just bury him with the 7th, possibly meant as a kind gesture of respect to one he lived with for some time.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah wasn't bad, still alot of random characters involved but this chapter made it even more obvious that this series peaks when the old cast is active in the plot. I wonder why the other Kage didn't immediately know Naruto would just use a shadow clone to watch over Kawaki, didn't they just fucking fight Momoshiki with this man and see his abilities in the war lol. Also good it was confirmed what Kawaki had wasn't moukton, that would of been as bullshit as Moegi having it. Kawaki is trash too for what he did but apologized surprisely. I wanted Naruto to tailed beast bomb him.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Now, now. Tail-beast bombing would have done worse things to the flower pot, not to mention his daughter. ;P

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ah, so boruto finally got his own personal sasuke! Sure, sasuke was technically boruto's teacher but of course that is never enough. a main character of a manga like this needs a sasuke. I guess that not too long from now boruto will begrudgingly accept kawaki, they will form a strange friendship which only looks like they hate each other, then kawaki will betray everyone and become an antagonist at some point.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Did I miss something? Why is this getting better?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Did I miss something? Why is this getting better?
It's not, it is just as awful as always. The series has merely tricked you into thinking it is better when it isn't because boruto got his own personal sasuke.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's not, it is just as awful as always. The series has merely tricked you into thinking it is better when it isn't because boruto got his own personal sasuke.
Fair enough.

At least it's showing some development between the two instead of hopping straight to the best friend/brother thing.

I just liked the setting of this chapter. Small scale in the house.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Fair enough.

At least it's showing some development between the two instead of hopping straight to the best friend/brother thing.

I just liked the setting of this chapter. Small scale in the house.
It's been 2 chapters. It's not like naruto and sasuke went from enemies to best friends sort of over a couple chapters. it took half a volume for them to develop a sort of grudging respect for one another and then some more for them to be friends. Still, this is basically recycling part one naruto.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's been 2 chapters. It's not like naruto and sasuke went from enemies to best friends sort of over a couple chapters. it took half a volume for them to develop a sort of grudging respect for one another and then some more for them to be friends. Still, this is basically recycling part one naruto.
I'm going to give a chance because it's starting off stronger, in my opinion. I'll probably be proven wrong, but I like how this is being handled more.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
fuck off kkck, only squares care about that. Nothing wrong with recycling a bit.

Anyway, I like Boruto because it shows Naruto as he should have been in the War Arc. Plus, Sasuke's quite cool again. I"m excited to see what led to what happened in the first chapter of Boruto, even if misers like kkck complain.

jaymizzo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's the thing, even if Kouji guy slips into Konoha undetected, are we supposed to believe Naruto cannot sense an intruder?

I can see the next chapter establishing how these guys can contend with the likes of Naruto/Sasuke.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
What's this? Some after the fact characterization for Naruto? Pretty Niiice.