Anime League - Anime League - Fall 2018 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime League Anime League - Fall 2018

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Anime League Fall 2018

Ladies and Gentleman, dear Otakus,
welcome to MangaHelpers' new season of the Anime League!
About
  • This league has one purpose and one alone. To crown the best Anime of the season.
Rules
  • Every user gets to nominate his top 3 episodes of the week in THIS thread.
  • Nominating day is on Sunday. It is possible to nominate BEFORE that day, but NOT after the following Monday.
  • A week goes from Sunday to Saturday. The Nomination day for that whole week is the day AFTER that Saturday. For example: This week goes from Sep 30th to Oct 6th, 23:59 CET. Voting days for this week would be the 7th and the 8th 23:59 CET.
  • The nominations get counted. The Anime with the most votes in total wins the league.
  • There won't be a restriction for Anime which have no threads here
  • Only TV shows count (no OVA, no movies, no ONA, no TV specials)
  • The nominations for all shows will count as if they all had the same amount of episodes during this season. Shows with just 10, 11 or 12 episodes will get additional points based on the average they got so far to make it fair.
  • A show which is longer than one cour is eligible for the season until it gets a new opening song.
Results
  • We will post an updated table each week to keep you updated about which Anime is leading so far.
  • Every user who voted for the winning Anime has the chance to win a badge at the end of the year. So keep on nominating!

This thread is for nomination only!
Please discuss the Anime in their threads in the subforum.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please send us a PM or ask us here.

Please refer to this chart for shows which do air during this season.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What I am going to watch in this new season:
  1. SAO: Alicization.
  2. JJBA: Golden Wind.
  3. Goblin Slayer.
  4. Index III: zomg: Might motivate me to catch up with the LNs.
  5. Slime Reincarnation(diminutive please?)
  6. Radiant.
  7. Golden Kamuy S2.
  8. Ace Attorney S2.
  9. Karakuri Circus.
  10. Hinomaru Zumou.
  11. Kaze Ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru.

Will choose the others later...

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
  1. SAO (expectations are low, but people keep saying this is a pretty good arc)
  2. Index III (the hype is real)
  3. Goblin Slayer
  4. TenKen (Slime) - On that note, funny how many potentially nice LN adaptations we have this time
  5. JoJo Golden Wind
  6. SSSS. Gridman (it's Trigger, almost every Trigger show deserves a chance)
  7. Karakuri Circus (regreted not picking up Ushio to Tora when it aired, so will give this one a try)
  8. Zombieland Saga

And then there are a lot of shows I might pick up depending on what I hear around the net after the first ep... I'm always trying to reduce the number of shows I'm watching, but this season seems to have so much potential that I will end up watching more than during Summer :XD

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
There's a fair few series lined up for this season I have my eyes on, especially since my Summer break isn't far off and I have more time. Ace Attorney and Golden Wind are certain picks but the list will likely get longer.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Right now I'm looking at...

1. Index III (I've waited so long...)
  2. TenKen (Should be a good kingdom building Isekai. And 2 Cour!)
  3. Goblin Slayer (It's probably going to be a train wreck but I can't look away.)
  4. Radiant
  5. Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi (Possibly my staple trash ecchi show.)

Doubt I'll watch SAO unless I hear LLENN shows up. And I'll probably check out some of everything else eventually.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Not much this season because of huge studies pressure

But this only

JJBA
Goblin Slayer
Katakuri Circus

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Right now I'm looking at...

1. Index III (I've waited so long...)
  2. TenKen (Should be a good kingdom building Isekai. And 2 Cour!)
  3. Goblin Slayer (It's probably going to be a train wreck but I can't look away.)
  4. Radiant
  5. Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi (Possibly my staple trash ecchi show.)

Doubt I'll watch SAO unless I hear LLENN shows up. And I'll probably check out some of everything else eventually.
I hate Kirito as much as you do but this is actually the best arc. So you might want to give it a try.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I hate Kirito as much as you do but this is actually the best arc. So you might want to give it a try.
It's still written by Reki Kawahara and starring Kirito right? How good could it possibly be?:notrust

Maybe I'll watch an episode or so just for posterity but my expectations are beyond low. I'm exactly the same level of excited for this as I would be a straight to video Highlander reboot. Starring like.. Michael Cera.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I can see it now... the new SAO season starts, the dramatic music sounds and the tagline displays...
“There can be only one..."

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Heads up! This weekend has a lot of new shows starting.
Friday
Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san
Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Toaru Majutsu no Index III
Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru!
Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara

Saturday
Radiant
SSSS.Gridman
SAO: Alicization
Goblin Slayer
Release the Spyce
Fairy Tail (2018)

Sunday
Ylysses: Jeanne d'Arc to Renkin to Kishi
Kaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll vote for

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (MC's last words "Destroy my computer...seriously, destroy it!")
Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai
(Not what I expected but in a good way.)
Toaru Majutsu no Index III
(We've waiting over 7 years for this.
)

Honorable mentions for SSSS.Gridman and Goblin Slayer. The overall quality seems really high this season. Visually, every anime I've watch so far this season looked great. I'm especially excited for 2 cours of TenKen and Index.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Weekends are going to be fun this season! I tried to reduce the number of series to watch because of what I'll have to do this year but... :catshrug

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
These will suffice for this week! :blush

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'll wait for tomorrow to add my other 2 but for now:

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Tenshi shitara Slime Datta Ken
Well that sucks getting killed like that, his life was pretty good, interesting how whenever he would say something he kept on getting those skills, they should be very handy.

Pretty funny watching him eat everything in a hurry like that, might as well since I got nothing better to do.

Pretty cool skills for a slime anyway, just being able to hold potions ect so they can be used when needed is great.

I had a feeling that was a dragon from the shadow, interesting friend he made, the dragon trying to act all tough but was happy to have someone around, definitely a powerful ally that should come very handy as he explores this new world.

Well that hard drive was definitely destroyed like he asked, not sure if I even want to start thinking what was on there that he wanted so badly to get rid of.

I thought this was a pretty good start to this anime, looking forward to watching more.

Release the Spyce
These girls got some mad fighting skills interesting how they get even stronger by eating those spices, hence the title of this anime.

Haha lol, so much for making new friends, luckily other girls came to her instead.

That is quite an interesting skill Momo has, being able to tell how people are doing by licking them.

Glad to see that Momo Tsukikage so she can try to protect the people, I think she will be fine once she gets over her confidence issues.

We got a glimpse of the enemy group, very worrying when I heard of there possibly being a traitor in Tsukikage.

This is one of the anime's I was looking forward to the most and I wasn't disappointed, looking forward to watching more.

Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru
This was pretty funny, that woman is so ripped, looking forward to watching more between these 2.

Honorable Mentions

Sword Art Online Alcization
I don't read the LN or manga's but I play the video games so I know a little bit about Alice & Eugeo from their appearances in them.

I'm not sure what the hell Alice was thinking when she saw the black knight dying, either way she touched the dark side because of it and did something she's not supposed to do.

I wonder what was happening to Eugeo when Alice was taking away, guess we will learn more about his eyes another time.

Nice to see everyone playing GGO together though it's not all fun and games like that situation, I wonder if that's another laughing coffin group or just a really dangerous pk group.

I was also kinda confused by what Kirito was saying but it's interesting how he talked about losing his memory after diving in that world but did remember something when they spoke about Alice.

That freak from laughing coffin definitely had a few screws loose, I hope Kirito is going to be alright.

Goblin Slayer

Irozuku Sekia no Ashita kara

Zombieland Saga

Yagate Kimi ni Naru

Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Fairy Tail

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'll vote for

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (MC's last words "Destroy my computer...seriously, destroy it!")
Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai (Not what I expected but in a good way.)
Toaru Majutsu no Index III (We've waiting over 7 years for this.
)

Honorable mentions for SSSS.Gridman and Goblin Slayer. The overall quality seems really high this season. Visually, every anime I've watch so far this season looked great. I'm especially excited for 2 cours of TenKen and Index.
To think that this day would come, it almost feels like a miracle...

I support the same three :nod

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'll vote for

Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai (Not what I expected but in a good way.)
Toaru Majutsu no Index III (We've waiting over 7 years for this.
)

Gonna go for the same three.
Just in advance: I will probably vote for Index every week. Also will vote for Railgun and Accel as soon as they are due. My hype can't be beaten.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
To think that this day would come, it almost feels like a miracle...

I support the same three :nod
I'm honestly pretty surprised. I thought for sure you'd put one vote towards SSSS.Gridman because Trigger.:amuse
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Gonna go for the same three.
Just in advance: I will probably vote for Index every week. Also will vote for Railgun and Accel as soon as they are due. My hype can't be beaten.
Seems reasonable to me. :nod

There is something special about watching an anime and being in almost disbelief that it's finally happening.