Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Oh no, don't tell me that is Chise's voice there? Absolutely adorable! Who is the voice actress? Damn, this series needs an anime adaption asap. A drama cd won't do it for me. If I could just understand japanese, it would be so beautiful to listen to it at night. v.v

Read #16 of Mahou, it's about Lindel's and Elias' first encounter. Their interactions were so cool, cute and funny. This single page just describes it perfectly. And the last page gave me goosebumps. Seriously, I can't read this series in one go. What do I do with my life after I catched up? No other series is as heartwarming as Mahou.

By the way, I watched the Psycho-Pass Movie, which was pretty good in my opinion. Akane is such a great character. That girl pwned Kogami in a matter of seconds, talk about badassery.


I also watch Shigatsu, I'm nearly halfway through. I will only say this --> I won't pick up recommendations of yours anymore. These feels... >.<

How mean...
Can this picture make you feel a little bit better, senpai?

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Woah... Right in the face... :XD
All I'm saying is that it's because of the content, not about you, so it's not exactly an insult XD

Oh no, don't tell me that is Chise's voice there? Absolutely adorable! Who is the voice actress? Damn, this series needs an anime adaption asap. A drama cd won't do it for me. If I could just understand japanese, it would be so beautiful to listen to it at night. v.v

Read #16 of Mahou, it's about Lindel's and Elias' first encounter. Their interactions were so cool, cute and funny. This single page just describes it perfectly. And the last page gave me goosebumps. Seriously, I can't read this series in one go. What do I do with my life after I catched up? No other series is as heartwarming as Mahou.

By the way, I watched the Psycho-Pass Movie, which was pretty good in my opinion. Akane is such a great character. That girl pwned Kogami in a matter of seconds, talk about badassery.


I also watch Shigatsu, I'm nearly halfway through. I will only say this --> I won't pick up recommendations of yours anymore. These feels... >.<
Atsumi Tanezaki, not really a well-known VA, but rising I guess. Pretty good choice though, I like it too :blush Only a matter of time until an anime will come I believe :3

I know, right? :D I love it too, nothing gives you such a nice bittersweet and fuzzy feeling~ Elias and Lindel really have a fun friendship going there haha.

Certainly quite a lot better than S2 yep, though far from being as good as the first season. The show just needs Kogami and Akane, it's mostly the old cast from S1 just being superb, but it says a lot when basically the best moment of the movie (in my eyes) is when Kogami "sees" Makishima. He was a great villain, but since his defeat they failed to create new satisfying enemies, though the movie at least managed to redeem the Sybil System after the lackluster Season 2.

Shigatsu is awesome, isn't it? :')

TG:re gets better and better, it's a masterpiece. It might even catch up with TG in my ratings if the author can keep this level. Haise was phenomenal and I like how Urie seems to change little by little. That last page of #57 was so tragic, Ishida sure is an asshole. >.<

Well, I'm on vacation now. No worries, I won't have any issues regarding the safety of my job unless something unforeseeable happens. We did a great job for the milestone and even received praise from our client, so everything is fine for now.

I didn't check Mahou, yet. I want to safe the best for later. But it's not like I didn't read or watch anything. I've watched the first 10 episodes of One-Punch Man and decided to read the series after the anime ends. I was always aware of the OPM's (manga) positive feedback, but I couldn't bring myself to read a series with such a weird MC. Well, you might say that I shouldn't judge a series by it looks - though the art in general is more than fine -, but sad as it is, sometimes the first impression wins you over. Anyway, the hype for the anime in the internet was so strong that I finally watched it. And it is an amazing ride so far. Though, I'm not really okay with Saitama's superiority. The gap between him and the other protagonists is too big for my taste. Nevertheless, Saitama is a very funny character to watch.

I completed Alive. It was a good ride. Not outstanding, but I didn't expect it to be. First part was very good. The second part had way too many people/parties involved in the plot. The raid at the military base early in the second part was great. The last battle was also very cool. The plot overall was fine and I can live with the ending, even though I felt sad about Nami a little bit.

Also completed Orange today. The ending felt really rushed, but it was a great series nonetheless. Didn't like the ending. So, it is implied that Naho ended up with Kakeru in the alternative timeline? Which is sad, since future Naho said that she would end up with Suwa regardless of whether Kakeru was alive or not. I don't dislike Kakeru, he is a tragic figure for sure, but at times he really behaved like an ass. Suwa was without a doubt the best character of the series and I rooted for him, because of the sacrificies he made. Anyway, it was an amazing emotional rollercoaster for me. 95% of the Kakeru x Naho moments were really nice. I'm glad that Kakeru was saved, because I wouldn't be able to handle a sad ending after such drama.

Only Mahou and Shingeki left to catch up with!
Well Ishida always creates incredible character development in my eyes, there are quite a few characters I never expected to like, and Urie is one of them. His development feels very realistic, I actually felt really sorry for him after Kaneki gave him that trashing... not liking his current behaviour at all. I can see why and I have no qualms from a logical point of view, but I just don't want Kaneki to act like such an asshole D: Cutting ties with the Q's and all, I guess he will try to use the CCG for his means now.
But yes, TG:re is amazing, no doubt about that.

Sasuga syx, I knew you would do a good job :3

I actually read the first few chapters long ago, but it wasn't so great that I felt like I had to continue reading. The anime certainly does one hell of a great job, the series got an immense boost. The setting feels a bit awkward at first, but the anime made the series a lot more accessible, so I will definitely pick up the manga too after the anime finished. Not having much of a problem with Saitama's superiority, it's basically depicting the opposite side of the spectrum: What happens after you've really become the strongest out there, with no one being able to give you much of a challenge. It's an interesting change of perspective, considering almost all shounen stories out there revolve around becoming "the strongest".

Yeah, the second part of Alive certainly suffered, but I think it has a lot to do with the story author getting more and more sick. He actually finished the storyboard for the last chap on his deathbed and died shortly after, so even if I'm not happy about some stuff, I can appreciate that a lot. Not many people out there who are willing to finish their work while lying in a hospital bed, knowing that you will die from cancer. Not to mention it was one of the first manga I started after the mainstream Naruto/Bleach/One Piece, so it always had quite the special place in my heart, dunno :XD Still, the art sure evolved a damn lot, didn't it?
And yes, the Namie thing hurt me the most I think...... D:

Yeah it wasn't perfect, but I'm perfectly fine with Naho and Kakeru ending up being together. That's what all of them worked for, thanks to the letters. The future Naho obviously couldn't really judge that at all, her past was way different. Suwa just decided to put down his own feelings for Kakeru's sake, and while that's sad I do think Kakeru got what he deserved. Sure behaved like an ass, but I think the story about the original timeline (where he ends his life) was really well-done and touching, it made me understand him a lot more. Overall pretty good ride, the manga is getting a pretty good boost thanks to the live-action movie too. An anime would be nice, but I don't think it's going to happen now.

And you ignored the video I shared, I guess you didn't like it? :p

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Dem walls of text sure take a lot of time.... XD
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Gonna answer that long post next year or so. :3
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
It will get quite messy, if I would quote now, so I will take a different approach.

Mahou:
I agree, she is indeed a great choice. Her voice fits perfectly. I seriously hope Mahou gets an adaption and that they don’t screw it up, especially in the musical area. I fear the worst if they can’t catch the atmosphere.

Finished #19, now. Again, there are a lot of funny panels. Lindel really grew on me (#1, #2, #3, #4). And panels such as these (#1, #2) just make you wonder how awesome these moments would be in an anime adaption. You also gotta love those Chise x Ruth scenes (#1, #2). "But Ruuuuuuth…", I absolutely love when Chise makes this face or when she gets bodychecked or when she tries to be badass :lmao.

By the way, I was surprised that Chise has/had a little brother (this page is so cute btw). I wonder what her father is up to. We will most likely see them in the future. It’s also great to see Chise’s relationship with Elias get tighter, even though only in small steps.

What I miss in the series so far is a bigger plot. Not "the world is gonna end, let’s train and throw countless flashy spells at each other" shit of course. It’s hard to describe. Until now, we only had those relatively small adventures (of the week). I would appreciate a "bigger arc". Wasn’t there something about Chise attending an academy? We also have the issue with Chise’s health/passing. Sure, that won’t be concluded at an early stage of the series, but you could still create an arc which is about preventing her passing (like a first step). But that is just a complaint on a very high level. Not to mention that I’m at chapter #19.

Psycho-Pass
The movie was definitely better than S2, but not as good as S1, I agree. Makishima was one of the best villains ever. Of course his appearance makes every scene so much better. His demeanor and more importantly his speeches are remarkable. He just raised the bar too high. I don’t think S2 was that bad just because it lacked an antagonist of Makishima’s caliber. By the way, we shouldn’t forget about Ginoza and his awesome punch. It may sound like I dislike Kogami, but it’s not the case, he is one of my favorite characters. :lmao

Shigatsu:
I was very skeptical regarding Shigatsu, because I’m neither a musician nor interested in playing any musical instrument. I feared that I wouldn’t understand anything, but the series is not necessarily about "music" or (to be more precise) composition. It’s a brilliant series. The last episode I watched was about Kousei telling Tsubaki that he will leave home for a highschool with a music course. That scene started so cute with both of them humming and ended so cruel for Tsubaki. I feel so sorry for her. 8 episodes left for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uazZcpUHmU
That last scene… Tsubaki so cute… "scrub, scrub, scrub, scrub"
:x3

Tokyo Ghoul:
At the beginning I thought Urie could become one of my favorite characters. But his shitty personality was in his way. He had good moments in the last arc and I hope he will develop more in the right direction. I will hold back regarding Kaneki though. I need more chapters to form an opinion. Nevertheless, that verbal beating addressed to Urie was hard. Let’s see where Ishida will lead us. Wouldn't mind an arc with the Anteiku group involved. There were enough cute Eto moments, it's time for Touka now.

One-Punch Man:
Dunno, I would like a little competition for the MC. Saitama is not a bad MC, so I would like him to struggle here and there. But maybe I expect something the author never aimed for. If I look back, the series never made any indications going that direction. It’s mostly about entertainment, which it does really good. It’s a different approach, but I don’t have to tell you that I prefer the main cast to progress steadily.

Alive:
Oh, I totally forgot about the author. Lol, the plot and especially the ending feel kinda strange now (not in a bad way), isn’t it? For the author to write about such a theme while on his deathbed. I should reread the ending again, it will add a different touch to it, huh?

The art improved greatly. Though I didn’t realize it during my read, even though you mentioned it before. I just checked it and the difference is immense. :lmao

We didn’t see much of Megumi, while Nami belonged to the main cast, had good development and was overall badass. And she gained a lot of respect when she made the first move with that kiss. Though, you can’t expect Taisuke to make the first move on a girl he is not in love with. Yeah, I would have preferred Taisuke x Nami, but I don’t see anything wrong with Taisuke x Megumi.

Orange:
Unlike Taisuke x Megumi, I’m not really okay with Kakeru x Naho. Suwa deserved Naho just as much as Kakeru. Both of them are in no way inferior to each other, though Suwa never behaved like an ass. But that’s not the reason I didn’t root for Kakeru x Naho. There is a big difference between being a complete ass and behaving like one from time to time, which is just normal and in Kakeru’s case more than that. It’s just about personal preferences, I can’t really explain it. Maybe, because I have an unpopular opinion regarding people who commit suicide. Or maybe seeing Suwa’s x Naho’s "bright future" (with a baby, mind you) being blown away left a bad taste in my mouth. It also further proves future Suwa's thought of being the #2 choice and that he was just in the right place at the right time. It really cheapens their whole relationship for me. Yeah, future Naho's past was different than the timeline we followed regarding the events, but there was no 180° change of feelings here. That's why - in my opinion - future Naho's comment should have been valid. Anyway, in the end it is like future Naho said. She took everything about Suwa for granted, while even a blink of Kakeru was a special moment to be remembered for eternity. To be honest, the series doesn't deserve such a ranting... :/

Video:
Sorry, I forgot the video. But you are right, I didn’t like it. Too cheerful, too much singing for my taste, I like it less singing or not at all.

Long Posts:
And you complained about my reply pace…
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Might as well do the same I guess :XD

Mahou

Yeah I think the atmosphere is Mahoutsukai's strongest asset, you feel so immerged in the world it's presenting. Even really simple moments can be powerful at times, but it never feels like the manga is trying hard to make you feel a certain way, so I think if an anime comes it definitely has to convey that feeling somewhat.

Haha yeah, Mahou is gold no matter if comedy or drama :XD I think the relationship between Ruth and Chise is just really cute and funny, it grew on me a lot. Thanks for reminding me of those great moments btw :D

Well granted, the story moves slowly, but I don't think the manga aims for a bigger plot, it's really about Elias and Chise's journey. Prolly something you're used to from all those shounen stories :P And I mean the "big plot" is moving along, like Chise's health getting way worse. It's something that will ultimately get it's focus from time to time, but like I said, I think the story is focusing more on the wondrous tales Chise and Elias encounter, while we learn about the world and the two of them. Not like I don't get what you mean, but I don't really mind at all, as long as the storytelling remains as strong as it is.
You've catched up now, right? Any other thoughts you want to share? I found the conclusion to Joel's and the Leanan Sidhe's story really strong, as sad as it was D: Latest chapter was really interesting too, it's just like Mahou to cover the Silkie's POV, to exemplify just how long Chise and Elias are gone.

Psycho Pass

Well lacking a good villain is one thing, but S2 just didn't make sense in a lot of ways. Not to mention it was basically caried by the old characters, the new ones were mainly just average, and never evolved beyond that. Not saying the season was garbage, but a lot worse than S1.
And Kogami/Akane/Makishima are my favourite characters in the show, I don't think anyone can really dislike them ;P

Shigatsu

Shigatsu certainly is mostly a drama, with music as it's setting. Unfortunately people tend to stay away from setting's they're not familiar with/think they dislike, I've always thought that you can basically like anything, as long as it's done well. Not everything needs to be a revolution, sometimes all that's needed are some hands who know how to craft something "cliche" or well-known, and present it in an entertaining way/put his own unique spin to it.
Tsubaki's so cute... :blush Not going to say anything specific, because I don't know where you are at now XD

Tokyo Ghoul

If Ishida so wants to, I'm sure he will make Urie into a very likeable character XD Regarding Kaneki... well I don't tend to judge prematurely, but I just don't like his current behaviour much, on a personal level. Don't want him to become an Eto/Arima mix either, I hope the Anteiku guys will do something =/

Onepunch Man

Yeah, I think it's something the author never aimed for, as simple as that. It's more about portraying the problems you will encounter once you've reached the very top of the ladder strength-wise, something that usually never gets any focus when it comes to heroes and the likes. Ofc it's a lot about entertainment too :XD Anyway, currently trying to catch up with the manga, only started yesterday though, so no spoilers yet plz.

Alive

Yeah it feel, you can basically read the author's thoughts regarding life and death in the last chapter I believe. It certainly makes the plot somewhat special, it's just a very strange feeling when you know that he wrote the last parts of the story on his deathbed...

I think that's normal, you hardly realize the art change/improvement until you get back and think "Wow, how come I didn't notice this?" XDD
And no, I don't see a problem with Megumi x Taisuke from a plot point of view, but I simply would've prefered him getting together with Nami a lot more.

Orange

Uh I dunno, really. Suwa got his happiness too, in another timeline. You can't make everyone happy, that's a simple fact, and this time Kakeru got his happiness. In a way it sucks for Suwa in this timeline, but in the other one life just sucked for Kakeru (and he's dead, mind you, Suwa can move on and find someone else.) I guess you opinion on suicide is related to your religion. At least from my experience almost everyone who's somewhat religious is saying that suicide is a "heretical" action not allowed. Well, suicide is a very difficult topic in general.
I'm not into this second choice bullcrap, really. Naho fell in love with Kakeru first, and he with her. As simple as that. And if it doesn't work out, who is to say the next one is the second choice? Someone else just came first, but is every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a second or third or fourth choice? XD I don't think so, it's a mix/matter of chance and working for it. As long as real feelings are involved and the boy/girl isn't just choosing the next convenient person, I find it hard to label someone as the first or second or whatever choice, because that's not really how love works. If you want to argue about Suwa " just being there at the right time and right place" then the same goes for Kakeru, chance is always involved. Hard work can be too ofc, like I said, for example if Suwa had tried harder before Kakeru came, things might have gone vastly different.... I think you get what I'm trying so say xD

Video

How about something old but nice then? :blush


And yes, answering such a long post always is tiring...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Waiting for a response :blush
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I, too, wish you and your family a happy new year.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Owwww, Kaori-chan so cuteeee :3

My post went to Obito's Kamui dimension when we made the forum switch. :X
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Nah, I don't need to write a new one. I wrote the post with an editor and saved it beforehand.

 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Some modifications and formatting were necessary in which I was too lazy to do. :darn

Here you go:

Mahou:
Completely agree with you here. As I said before, I catched up with Mahou! Many thanks for the recommendation again! I liked how the author handled Joel’s and the vampire’s story, a nice round out. As expected, Chise once again went overboard with her body. At least, her actions were not in vain.

The Anthill was very interesting, too. In one chapter Shannon went from a nice character to Rachel caliber and in the end she turned out to be a nice one, lol. I didn’t see that coming. Can’t help but praise Chise over and over for not being a helpless little girl. But they definitely have to do something about Chise’s health. I guess Elias is already taking actions in the background, hmh?

Do we know whom Chise is writing those letters? Did I miss something?

And gosh, that Silky-centric chapter was awesome. We seriously need more Silky in the spotlight! :x3 After such a sad past, I’m happy to see her end up with Chise and Elias. :3


Psycho-Pass:
I always wondered why they made only 12 episodes. In my opinion, it was not enough to build up something which comes close to S1 in terms of plot and characters. Especially with so many new characters.


Shigatsu:
I finished Shigatsu. It was a wonderful show. I don’t even have a single point to complain about. That final musical piece with Kousei and Kaori was brilliant, it made me nearly buy a piano xD. I sympathized with every character from Kousei to Takeshi and Emi. Kousei was one hell of a character for inspiring so many people. And it was really mature how he handled that blow of fate towards the end, that struggle must have been hard.

“Your lie in April”, I completely forgot about the title. Kaori’s letter cleared that up. Her letter was very touching. Who would have guessed that she was a genius mastermind? Poor Watari xD. And that confession though, so many feels… She was an awesome person and the main reason for Kousei’s development. It’s very sad that the surgery didn’t work and Kousei once again lost a person he loved. But it was a perfect ending for me. If she had survived the surgery, the ending wouldn’t have nearly the same impact.

Too bad that we didn’t get a short view about Kousei’s adulthood. Not because of shipping reasons. Tsubaki was an adorable and realistic written character, but in this series I didn’t care about with whom Kousei ends up with. I just want to see what has become of Kousei himself and how he throws one anecdote of his life after another at newbies or his students. Would have been nice. :3

By the way, Tsubaki’s friend was awesome, wasn’t she?

Really great series. I have to stop following your recommendations. My heart can’t take it anymore. :(


Tokyo Ghoul:
I didn’t like the latest chapter at all. It was one of the very, very few bad chapters in my opinion. I’m totally with you, I also do not need an Arima v2.0. And those glasses Kaneki wears, ugh, it was horrible to watch. It’s not like Kaneki lacked awesomeness before, so I do not understand why Ishida took this route. Furthermore, the whole incident with the transports was a very cheap move. Shirazu had a nice death and it had a good impact on Urie. There is no need to further keep him in the story in any way, shape or form.


One-Punch Man:
Well, there is not much to spoil in OPM, at least not major ones. It’s what it is, just a very fun and entertaining read. Have fun!


Alive:
I can only agree with you, here. There is not much I can add anymore.


Orange:
Life is not fair, everyone knows. Still, I can’t agree with you regarding the second choice topic. I get what you mean, but for me it depends on the circumstances. If I meet a girl who had various boyfriends before and we both fall in love with each other, I obviously wouldn’t see me as a second, third or fourth choice. But the case in Orange is different. Let me try to explain:

We witnessed two timelines, one where Kakeru dies and one where he lives on. In both timelines Suwa and Naho have known each other before. What I also want to point out is that Suwa always remained the same kind of person (current and future timeline). He was not a douchebag or had bad characteristics Naho disliked from the bottom of her heart. He was always - more or less - the same kind of person. And then Kakeru appears and Naho and Kakeru get to know each other step by step. We have a situation where Naho is surrounded by two guys and she falls for Kakeru and the manga heavily indicated that they also end up together. In the future timeline where Kakeru dies, Naho ends up with Suwa, the very same Suwa she knew before. So yes, I take the liberty of calling him the second choice. For me, it’s the very definition of being the second choice, as harsh as it sounds. :/

Suicide is indeed a very difficult topic, so I try to avoid such convos if it’s not a face to face discussion. As for the religion part, you have no idea how little religion affects my view on subject xyz, much to the chagrin of people I’m close with. My main issue is not even that someone commits suicide, but rather how that person does it.


Video:
Oh yeah, that's a nice one! :hip
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Expected a huge ass post...

...got something much better instead. :3
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Mahou:
Completely agree with you here. As I said before, I catched up with Mahou! Many thanks for the recommendation again! I liked how the author handled Joel’s and the vampire’s story, a nice round out. As expected, Chise once again went overboard with her body. At least, her actions were not in vain.

The Anthill was very interesting, too. In one chapter Shannon went from a nice character to Rachel caliber and in the end she turned out to be a nice one, lol. I didn’t see that coming. Can’t help but praise Chise over and over for not being a helpless little girl. But they definitely have to do something about Chise’s health. I guess Elias is already taking actions in the background, hmh?

Do we know whom Chise is writing those letters? Did I miss something?

And gosh, that Silky-centric chapter was awesome. We seriously need more Silky in the spotlight! :x3 After such a sad past, I’m happy to see her end up with Chise and Elias. :3


Psycho-Pass:
I always wondered why they made only 12 episodes. In my opinion, it was not enough to build up something which comes close to S1 in terms of plot and characters. Especially with so many new characters.


Shigatsu:
I finished Shigatsu. It was a wonderful show. I don’t even have a single point to complain about. That final musical piece with Kousei and Kaori was brilliant, it made me nearly buy a piano xD. I sympathized with every character from Kousei to Takeshi and Emi. Kousei was one hell of a character for inspiring so many people. And it was really mature how he handled that blow of fate towards the end, that struggle must have been hard.

“Your lie in April”, I completely forgot about the title. Kaori’s letter cleared that up. Her letter was very touching. Who would have guessed that she was a genius mastermind? Poor Watari xD. And that confession though, so many feels… She was an awesome person and the main reason for Kousei’s development. It’s very sad that the surgery didn’t work and Kousei once again lost a person he loved. But it was a perfect ending for me. If she had survived the surgery, the ending wouldn’t have nearly the same impact.

Too bad that we didn’t get a short view about Kousei’s adulthood. Not because of shipping reasons. Tsubaki was an adorable and realistic written character, but in this series I didn’t care about with whom Kousei ends up with. I just want to see what has become of Kousei himself and how he throws one anecdote of his life after another at newbies or his students. Would have been nice. :3

By the way, Tsubaki’s friend was awesome, wasn’t she?

Really great series. I have to stop following your recommendations. My heart can’t take it anymore. :(


Tokyo Ghoul:
I didn’t like the latest chapter at all. It was one of the very, very few bad chapters in my opinion. I’m totally with you, I also do not need an Arima v2.0. And those glasses Kaneki wears, ugh, it was horrible to watch. It’s not like Kaneki lacked awesomeness before, so I do not understand why Ishida took this route. Furthermore, the whole incident with the transports was a very cheap move. Shirazu had a nice death and it had a good impact on Urie. There is no need to further keep him in the story in any way, shape or form.


One-Punch Man:
Well, there is not much to spoil in OPM, at least not major ones. It’s what it is, just a very fun and entertaining read. Have fun!


Alive:
I can only agree with you, here. There is not much I can add anymore.


Orange:
Life is not fair, everyone knows. Still, I can’t agree with you regarding the second choice topic. I get what you mean, but for me it depends on the circumstances. If I meet a girl who had various boyfriends before and we both fall in love with each other, I obviously wouldn’t see me as a second, third or fourth choice. But the case in Orange is different. Let me try to explain:

We witnessed two timelines, one where Kakeru dies and one where he lives on. In both timelines Suwa and Naho have known each other before. What I also want to point out is that Suwa always remained the same kind of person (current and future timeline). He was not a douchebag or had bad characteristics Naho disliked from the bottom of her heart. He was always - more or less - the same kind of person. And then Kakeru appears and Naho and Kakeru get to know each other step by step. We have a situation where Naho is surrounded by two guys and she falls for Kakeru and the manga heavily indicated that they also end up together. In the future timeline where Kakeru dies, Naho ends up with Suwa, the very same Suwa she knew before. So yes, I take the liberty of calling him the second choice. For me, it’s the very definition of being the second choice, as harsh as it sounds. :/

Suicide is indeed a very difficult topic, so I try to avoid such convos if it’s not a face to face discussion. As for the religion part, you have no idea how little religion affects my view on subject xyz, much to the chagrin of people I’m close with. My main issue is not even that someone commits suicide, but rather how that person does it.


Video:
Oh yeah, that's a nice one! :hip
And here it is :p

Mahou
Sure thing, I'm glad you enjoyed the story that much :D Pretty much agree with everything you said, I believe Elias is trying to find some way to improve her health, and he really should act soon...

Tbh I kind of forgot about the letters, care to refresh my memories? :3
Yeah, Silky is so cute and loveable :wtf Doubt she will get a lot of screentime, but it was nice to see her get featured in one chap.

Psycho-Pass

Well hard to guess the reason, it could be a lot of things. Scriptwriter/Director thought 12 eps are just fine, they didn't get more money, or they simply wanted to make the story end right before the movie. Not sure if more episodes would've saved the show, it had a lot of flaws. Not surprising, considering they changed the writer.

Shigatsu

Yeah, I think the story has always been more about growing as a person/getting over your trauma than music. Not saying that the music wasn't great though, but what made it this great usually was the meaning behind it. Like the one where Kousei comes to terms with his mother, or his performance with Kaori, etc.

I like the end a lot too. Sky is bitter because he didn't choose Tsubaki lol, hence he likes to bash the show and the ending especially. I was really hoping that Kaori would survive, but I think it worked just well the way it did. Her not dying could've had a lot of meaning too I believe, I don't think it necessarily would take impact from the ending (depending on how it's done obv), but maybe this is the more realistic outcome.
Would've loved to see some glimpse of the future too, but you can't get everything I guess =/

Yes, Tsubaki's friend was awesome XD

Haha thanks. If you're interested there's a special OVA that's not part of the manga: http://myanimelist.net/anime/28069/Shigatsu_wa_Kimi_no_Uso:_Moments
There's also a sidestory from the mangaka about Kousei's childhood: http://myanimelist.net/manga/88588/Shigatsu_wa_Kimi_no_Uso:_Coda
Only 3 of the 6 chaps scanlated though. I guess EGS scans didn't get their hands on the new blu-ray or something (because those two volumes were given out with the first and last Shigatsu blu-ray I believe), hopefully they will~ Definitely will pick up the mangaka's next work :3

And if you want more great music anime, I can highly recommend "Hibike! Euphonium". Here's a PV:


Don't expect another Shigatsu, both shows are very different, but still great :zomg


Tokyo Ghoul

So basically you didn't like the chapter because Kaneki changed his look and because they stole Shirazu's corpse? xD oh well I can see the latter, but I find it a bit to early to judge the Kaneki change. We dunno exactly why he's wearing glasses now, and until we see a bit more of him and some kind of reason I won't judge it. It's not really about looking awesome with Ishida lol, every change in look usually has it's (profound) reason, so this sounds more like your personal bias than something you're judging from a story/character POV xD

OPM

Yeah already catched up, pretty fun :3

Orange

I get what you're saying but I dunno, love falls where it falls, like I said. The only way I see something as a second choice is when someone more or less willingly takes the other guy/girl because he/she couldn't get the first one. Things just went very different in the timeline where Kakeru dies, because both get more and more distant (pretty fast actually) and Suwa is there for her. Suwa just acts way differently in the other timeline, because there he simply works towards getting the two of them together. So in the end you can say that this is simply related to the change in his behaviour, and Naho's to some extent. She just did not have the chance to fall in love with him, because he never really tried to get close to her. Now we can argue which love is the stronger one, the one where you fall in love instantly or the one where you start to love a person over time, because you start to see things in him/her you didn't notice before, but that probably would get really philosophical xD

ah I see, I thought you would be a bit more on the religious side for some reason lol. Personally I don't think anything is wrong with how Kakeru committed suicide, considering it was a spur of the moment decision when he basically was at his lowest emotional-wise.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So slow!

--- Double Post Merged, ---

This ignore :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Calm down senpai. :3 I’m a busy man you know, there are just too many 9gag post out there. Not to mention those amazing FT chapters as well as the recent spoilers, which have top priority!

Back to the important stuff. I think we need some new topics, we have pretty much settled all the current ones. There is not much I can add.

Mahou:
I’ve linked the page about the letters in my previous post. It’s the beginning of chapter #20.

Just read #25. It was an okay chapter with some nice panels. We need more of Ruth, he is a great addition to the cast. And those convos between Elias and Chise are pure gold, I know that I'm repeating myself, but I can't hold back xD. That was a nice scene by the way. Other than that, not much was going on in this chapter. That last page though… it’s going to be interesting it seems.


Shigatsu:
Nobody cares about Sky’s opinion xP. You have to consider the big picture and not speak badly about a series just because your favorite character didn’t end up the way you wanted (it’s not directed to you, Sky-senpai :3). I also like Tsubaki a lot and wouldn’t have mind an Arima x Tsubaki ending. But as far as I recall, there was not a single implication from Arima’s side that he has romantic feelings towards her, was there? Shigatsu’s ending worked well for me.

And where I can get that OVA? I do not stream and usually avoid torrents. :/
The sidestory sounds good though. Will keep it in mind for the future. :3

Regarding Hibike! Euphonium: is it mostly focused on music


Tokyo Ghoul (didn’t read #60 btw):
I’m a bit shocked about my post. Of course it was a premature statement of mine, since he only appeared in one page. I thought I did mention it in my post, but it’s not the case. Anyway, yes I agree with you. It’s too early to judge for now. But as a standalone chapter, it was pretty bad in my view.

Come on, of course Ishida can come up with all sorts of reasons and explanations regarding Ken’s glasses. It won’t make it any better. Kishimoto also had an explanation for every shit he threw at us, and we know very well it didn’t help. The first thing what came into my mind when I saw Ken was Arima and that’s not necessary. It’s cheap, if Ishida wants to go that route. Keeping Shirazu’s corpse in the game was a bad move as well. If another author had pulled this, we would laugh at him. But criticizing awesome authors such as Ishida, Oda or Togashi will always be considered as blasphemy. Those guys enjoy the privilege of fools as far as I can tell. =)


Orange:
Seems, like we have to agree to disagree. Of course things went differently and Suwa never really tried. I get this and those are factors which have to be considered. But the constellation just feels odd for me. First being future Naho’s statement. You might not put much weight on it, because of the different events. But I do, because Suwa remained the same person. We kinda look at different directions, you to the left, myself to right (or vice versa). Second is, where future Naho tells current Naho "to pay more attention" to Suwa and even though Naho did as the letter said, there was no romantic affection towards Suwa whatsoever. And the third being Naho and Suwa ending up together when Naho was mentally shattered. Due to all of these points, I have a really hard time to not see Suwa as a seconds choice. :/

Nah, I’m not very religious I think. What does it mean to be religious anyway? You could discuss this forever. Just saying “I’m muslim” won’t cut it, would it?

At least, commit suicide without involving other innocent people. It’s not much to ask for regardless of your issues.

Good tracks by the way! :3 Though, I already have Genos' fight theme on all my devices. xD It's so awesome!
 
Top