Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
@syx Have you watched the first episode of Apocrypha?
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Am I supposed to take that as a...yes? :XD

Well if you did, what are your thoughts on it? For A-1 Pictures, the animation was really good imo (although obviously not ufotable level) although it was the typical exposition and build-up beginning of the Fate series lol.

Jeanne though! :wtf
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And not to mention, masters didn't struck me as much, seems like this show will be more focused on the servants rather than the masters who seemed generic other than Darnic or the necromancer.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Am I supposed to take that as a...yes? :XD

Well if you did, what are your thoughts on it? For A-1 Pictures, the animation was really good imo (although obviously not ufotable level) although it was the typical exposition and build-up beginning of the Fate series lol.

Jeanne though! :wtf
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And not to mention, masters didn't struck me as much, seems like this show will be more focused on the servants rather than the masters who seemed generic other than Darnic or the necromancer.
Yes, that's a yes. :zomg

I think it was a good episode, and it has definitely potential for more. The beginning was awesome. Yes, the animation wasn't UBW level, but that's the highest bar set for an animation for me so far. The animation level in the first episode was more than enough. What Apocrypha might lack in animation to reach UBW level, it may will do better in the characterization department instead. I was not a big fan of the characterization of the UBW characters. I wasn't really interested in the exposition, but it's necessary for the new Fate watchers. Not to mention that the Holy Grail War in Apocrypha is a little bit different compared to Fate Zero & UBW, so I got some new information there, too. A 7 vs. 7 battle sounds interesting. The end of the episode was hilarious. <3

My biggest complaint: too little Jeanne screentime! :hmph

Edit: Agreed with the master thing. Even the design of those doesn't look good.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Yes, that's a yes. :zomg

I think it was a good episode, and it has definitely potential for more. The beginning was awesome. Yes, the animation wasn't UBW level, but that's the highest bar set for an animation for me so far. The animation level in the first episode was more than enough. What Apocrypha might lack in animation to reach UBW level, it may will do better in the characterization department instead. I was not a big fan of the characterization of the UBW characters. I wasn't really interested in the exposition, but it's necessary for the new Fate watchers. Not to mention that the Holy Grail War in Apocrypha is a little bit different compared to Fate Zero & UBW, so I got some new information there, too. A 7 vs. 7 battle sounds interesting. The end of the episode was hilarious. <3

My biggest complaint: too little Jeanne screentime! :hmph

Edit: Agreed with the master thing. Even the design of those doesn't look good.
Yeah, same here. The beginning fights of Jeanne against those monsters and between Siegfried and Mordred was certainly a cool and flashy beginning imo :p. I'm hoping for the same here, plus with 14 servants things might become unpredictable and several of them have really good designs like Vlad, Mordred and Jeanne (<3) although my view on UBW characters is the opposite, especially with characters like Archer Emiya and Gilgamesh although fuck Shirou xD (Zero characters are better though imo and even Gilgamesh and Saber were executed and perform better there). Tbh, I don't think any new Fate watchers would first watch Apocrypha than Zero or UBW although dumb and ignorant folk like @Brandish certainly exist .

Too little Jeanne you say? :heh





 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
There only is one true way, and that's playing the Visual Novel you filthy casuals :arf

Seriously, that Emiya set the bar so high, it makes him compete with Kiritsugu in my list. He is probably also the reason why I'm starting to get kinda disappointed with the Kaleid drei manga. :darn This may sound harsh, but he left such a badass impression that it's hard to swallow to see him stay on the sidelines. Yes, the rest is okay too, however... once you experience this Emiya, there is no way back. :blush

I hope the movie does him justice! He deserves it.
ohoho didn't know you like him that much :toc well it's only been like 1 or 2 chapters since he's been ignored and I guess ultimately this is about Illya... but I sure hope he will come back and help too. I guess he got so much focus that it's time to give the girls some time to shine as well. At least there's still Sakulot <33
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
There only is one true way, and that's playing the Visual Novel you filthy casuals :arf



ohoho didn't know you like him that much :toc well it's only been like 1 or 2 chapters since he's been ignored and I guess ultimately this is about Illya... but I sure hope he will come back and help too. I guess he got so much focus that it's time to give the girls some time to shine as well. At least there's still Sakulot <33
Soon nii, I'll play the VN after Apocrypha finishes :arf. Probably won't play the HF route though since the movie is coming out soon enough.

I'll watch Fate one day for sure . Too many people like it not to try it.

I am watching Apocrypha though :^_^
Good, you have my approval. :nod

Fate/Zero first though pls. :notlikethis
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Yeah, same here. The beginning fights of Jeanne against those monsters and between Siegfried and Mordred was certainly a cool and flashy beginning imo :p. I'm hoping for the same here, plus with 14 servants things might become unpredictable and several of them have really good designs like Vlad, Mordred and Jeanne (<3) although my view on UBW characters is the opposite, especially with characters like Archer Emiya and Gilgamesh although fuck Shirou xD (Zero characters are better though imo and even Gilgamesh and Saber were executed and perform better there). Tbh, I don't think any new Fate watchers would first watch Apocrypha than Zero or UBW although dumb and ignorant folk like @Brandish certainly exist .

Too little Jeanne you say? :heh





Let me rephrase it: Overall, I didn't like Illya, Emiya, Rin, and partly Saber. Which was the core cast of UBW, thus I tend to generalize, and complain about UBW characterization. But please, let's not discuss UBW in detail. You could say that I'm done with UBW. :amuse Not to mention, it has been so long that I would have to watch it again to support my claims, and I don't really want to do this, because I know I would get a headache from the characters mentioned above. I also don't want to trigger niichan. :lmao UBW got a 8/10, I think that's fair.

Fate Zero is a masterpiece and completely overshadows UBW in my opinion. And guess what, it's mostly because the characters act, think and decide as one would expect them to do.
ohoho didn't know you like him that much :toc well it's only been like 1 or 2 chapters since he's been ignored and I guess ultimately this is about Illya... but I sure hope he will come back and help too. I guess he got so much focus that it's time to give the girls some time to shine as well. At least there's still Sakulot <33
I think I told you before about how much I liked this Shirou. Yes, this series is about Illya, and I was more than fine with it. But after the badassery of Shirou, it's really hard to ignore his absence. It's like possessing a toy you are very fond of, but then you suddenly get a much, much better toy, which you have to give away after a couple of days. Once you got a taste of that delicious, forbidden fruit, there's no going back. You don't want the old toy you were used to anymore. :zomg

Sakulot. :zomg :hip :blush
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
"Same with Prillya where it can't escape ppl making pedo/philic remarks of the anime."
I loved this part :lmao

I would have never thought they would make Kiritsugu look so cool:zomg
Do you know if they plan on doing a series of F/GO ?
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Just dumping some pictures here :)






--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Plz click on the UBW sucks box and read every comment plz :kappa
Those pics, thank you. <3 :zomg

The tweets are fun, but I don't feel addressed. It's always the same with most UBW VN readers. They just look down on the anime only watchers and advise them to read the VN, because they "missed out so much". It's always "you missed out so much, you missed out so much, you missed out so much", like a Fate version of Groot. What I understand from this sentence is that there is a big chunk of content I'm not aware of, not that what I saw in the anime was wrong, filler or never happened in the VN. Just compare it to the Tokyo Ghoul anime, where the manga readers don't say "you missed out a lot of content", but state "it's almost completely different from the source material". At least, that's the impression I got from the internet. But feel free to correct me.

I may have missed out a lot of (good) content. However, I doubt the characters in the VN acted and behaved totally different compared to their anime versions. So, my general point of criticism would still remain. :/
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

:lmao

"Same with Prillya where it can't escape ppl making pedo/philic remarks of the anime."
I loved this part :lmao


I would have never thought they would make Kiritsugu look so cool:zomg
Do you know if they plan on doing a series of F/GO ?
What do you mean, a manga? There are various out there I think, but they cover different things, there's no one manga covering the whole story or anything.

Those pics, thank you. <3 :zomg

The tweets are fun, but I don't feel addressed. It's always the same with most UBW VN readers. They just look down on the anime only watchers and advise them to read the VN, because they "missed out so much". It's always "you missed out so much, you missed out so much, you missed out so much", like a Fate version of Groot. What I understand from this sentence is that there is a big chunk of content I'm not aware of, not that what I saw in the anime was wrong, filler or never happened in the VN. Just compare it to the Tokyo Ghoul anime, where the manga readers don't say "you missed out a lot of content", but state "it's almost completely different from the source material". At least, that's the impression I got from the internet. But feel free to correct me.

I may have missed out a lot of (good) content. However, I doubt the characters in the VN acted and behaved totally different compared to their anime versions. So, my general point of criticism would still remain. :/
Saying UBW VN readers is just wrong... at least call it Fate/Stay Night VN readers :XD

Hmm I would actually say it is completely different to some extent. For example the whole Shirou vs. Archer confrontation was rewritten and changed completely, to better "fit into an anime". I don't think I need to mention that it's actually the part I was the most disappointed with. In general I think you can almost say the same thing like your example with Tokyo Ghoul. Maybe not exactly that extreme, but it certainly goes in that direction. I mean I keep telling you to read it, but you have yet to finish something else.... xD

I do get your point though, just like VN readers are really annoyed with a lot of anime onlies, anime onlies have a right to be annoyed by the high and mighty attitude some VN fans have. Still you can't help but consider a lot of comments silly and sometimes even plain dumb, if you read the VN. That's not saying the VN is the holy grail of the franchise (pun intended) and that it will put the whole franchise on a whole new level for you but it can improve your opinion and correct you on a lot of things, if only bc it has much more time to go in depths and sometimes things just don't adapt that well from VN to anime. Anyway, that's what I wanted to say xD

Maybe, maybe not. You would need to see for yourself to judge.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
Umineko no Naku koro Ni, a Visual Novel :blush There's a manga too though if you're curious, I know that won't ever read a VN anyway :kappa
WHAT :arf
If I find the topic interesting I can read everything :D
I'm actually a big reader if that surprises you:blush
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
WHAT :arf
If I find the topic interesting I can read everything :D
I'm actually a big reader if that surprises you:blush
Well that wasn't my point, I'm not saying you're not a big reader XD It's just that people usually have trouble checking out something completely new to them, especially if it's something long (and with that I mean many hours). Visual Novel's aren't books after all :D
 
Top