Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I'm amazed by you two @Holt and @Darky. :zomg

@Holt
Rachel is hated by 99% of the ToG readers. She is a character who is rotten to the core and beyond redemption in my opinion. There are some people supporting the theory that she is secretly a good person, but I don't see that happening considering what she did and thought so far. I'm actually not a fan of how Baam treats Rachel. No sane person would treat a person like Rachel the way Baam does. It's one of Baam's rare flaws as a character and sadly it's such a big flaw that it kinda destroys him as a character from my point of view. Rachel doesn't deserve a chance or free pass for anything, it's absurd of Baam to give her a chance for competition.

I don't want to label Zahard as a saint or such (he isn't), but overall the system "seems to work". Well, we didn't get much information about the billions/quadrillions of inhabitants, but putting FUG aside, there are not many people opposed to Zahard and his system, are there? At this point, FUG seems much worse than the Zahard Empire.

Well, I consider Enryu to be more powerful than Zahard, Urek and the 10 Great Warriors. Not, because he is 2nd placed in the rankings, but because how he was portrayed. He did two things never seen before in the Tower. He killed an administrator and he entered the Tower in the 43rd floor. Moreover, he is described as some kind of envoy of a god. The reason why Gustang didn't mention Enryu or Phantaminum might be because both of them are considered to be on their own league or he ignored them because they are considered "inactive".

Yes, I agree with you. Baam got too many op power ups. I'm somehow alone with that view. :lmao The powerlevels are kinda messed up if you ask me. There's actually no way for any of Baam's companions to close the gap between them even a little bit. Baam should be able to breeze through a double-digit amount of floors effortlessly. This is where SIU will come up with all kind of weird explanations to contain the powerlevels. I may sound like a broken record, but I'm absolutely not a fan of these powerups. I always wished for Enryu to appear and take the Thorn from Baam, telling him that he doesn't require it and that he can achieve whatever he desires on his own. If Baam wouldn't be an Irregular, I could obviously understand why he gets these op powerups, since Zahard and the Great Warriors are invinicble towards Regulars. Let's see how things will play out.

By the way, when did Rachel save Aguero?

You disappoint me...

Let's try something else


And a bit of an experimental one, no idea how you're going to feel about this one xD

Both of them are not bad, but not that good either. :/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ah I forgot to provide the mentioned links to you @Holt.

@Darky, you might visit the links in the spoiler tag too once you caught up. There are a lot of information provided to us by the author outside of the ToG story/chapters.

But keep in mind: The author took down most (or all) information from his blog due to future changes. There weren't any (big) contradictions as of yet, thus the information in the spoiler tags are kinda treated as legit.

  • Talse Uzer Story: The universe where the story of ToG takes place is called Talse Uzer. ToG is actually a tiny little speck in this universe.
  • Axis: Axis are kinda real gods of the Talse Uzer universe. They are the authors of the stories taking place in this universe. Phantaminum is the only known Axis in the Tower of God story. But it's not confirmed whether or not he is the author of the Tower.
  • Rankers: Aside from the information regarding Rankers and High Rankers, there is also a list of the top 17 High Rankers and more. I advise you to read the entries of every Ranker, there is some good stuff there.
  • Irregulars: There might be information you aren't aware of.
  • The Three Lords: I guess you have never heard of the guys ruling the Tower. :lmao
  • Guardians: Some info regarding the Guardians of the floors.
  • Wolhaiksong: How and why it was founded.
  • Zahard Princesses: How are they chosen? What are the rules? What is a formal and informal Princess? And there is a list of a lot of Princesses not mentioned in the story yet.
  • 13 Month Series: A list of all 13 MS and their owner.
  • 10 Great Families: Who are they? Who are their leaders? What are their specialities?
  • Structure of the Tower: Self-explanatory.
  • FUG: Well, you already know them, but SIU provided additional information about some other members you don't know so far like Baylord or Imort.

That should be the most important links. @Jammin or someone else might add more.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,322
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Rachel is hated by 99% of the ToG readers. She is a character who is rotten to the core and beyond redemption in my opinion. There are some people supporting the theory that she is secretly a good person, but I don't see that happening considering what she did and thought so far. I'm actually not a fan of how Baam treats Rachel. No sane person would treat a person like Rachel the way Baam does. It's one of Baam's rare flaws as a character and sadly it's such a big flaw that it kinda destroys him as a character from my point of view. Rachel doesn't deserve a chance or free pass for anything, it's absurd of Baam to give her a chance for competition.

I don't want to label Zahard as a saint or such (he isn't), but overall the system "seems to work". Well, we didn't get much information about the billions/quadrillions of inhabitants, but putting FUG aside, there are not many people opposed to Zahard and his system, are there? At this point, FUG seems much worse than the Zahard Empire.

Well, I consider Enryu to be more powerful than Zahard, Urek and the 10 Great Warriors. Not, because he is 2nd placed in the rankings, but because how he was portrayed. He did two things never seen before in the Tower. He killed an administrator and he entered the Tower in the 43rd floor. Moreover, he is described as some kind of envoy of a god. The reason why Gustang didn't mention Enryu or Phantaminum might be because both of them are considered to be on their own league or he ignored them because they are considered "inactive".

Yes, I agree with you. Baam got too many op power ups. I'm somehow alone with that view. :lmao The powerlevels are kinda messed up if you ask me. There's actually no way for any of Baam's companions to close the gap between them even a little bit. Baam should be able to breeze through a double-digit amount of floors effortlessly. This is where SIU will come up with all kind of weird explanations to contain the powerlevels. I may sound like a broken record, but I'm absolutely not a fan of these powerups. I always wished for Enryu to appear and take the Thorn from Baam, telling him that he doesn't require it and that he can achieve whatever he desires on his own. If Baam wouldn't be an Irregular, I could obviously understand why he gets these op powerups, since Zahard and the Great Warriors are invinicble towards Regulars. Let's see how things will play out.

By the way, when did Rachel save Aguero?
I agree completely with that first part about Rachel. Bam really pisses me off with his treatment of Rachel. I hope she doesn't get redemption and she should be far from it anyway. I don't think I can stand seeing her working together with Bam and Co, or smiling with them like all is right with the work.

Perhaps, but it could be that majority views are simply very suppressed right now. I mean, there are few that would be willing to throw death on zahard and the 10 families and they could be disposed of swiftly. Zahard clearly isn't a saint but I believe there's more story on that. We do have a few characters here and there showing discontent with the system but I agree that it seems to work in its own way.

I didn't really consider Enryuu to be stronger though. He may have killed an admin, but Zahard and the 10 wouldn't have had a reason to. Although the fact that he made a deal with the admins instead does seem to imply inferiority. Still, wasn't enryuu supposed to give the thorn to Bam? And he apparently attacked because Zahard had defiled Arlene's place by placing a shrine there and having people flock there to worship. Enryuu's attack and rage was based on this iirc, and if he was a greater being, why would he need to do this for Arlene's sake and even leave the thorn for Bam? Couldn't be just have pulled it off himself? I know it's debatable that it's not his destiny, but if he was pissed enough that he couldn't tolerate Zahard's shrine, then arguably he would have ended things himself if he could. Urek did show he was able to take an admin though. Well it wasn't as powerful as one as urek himself admitted but he (urek) arguably didn't even fight with a quarter of his strength. I guess the only thing is not having a weapon to actually kill and admin, but I reckon he could beat it. Well, there's also the shinsu issue. I'm not that sure if he could deal with that....

Strangely, I don't think I know phantaminium. I must have missed it haha.

BTW, Just what is the thorn made of? If I go by the battles that happened in FoD, then a weapon/spell of a greater being can negate that of lesser ones, indicated by Yuri using black March and green April to kill hell joe's 'immortals'. It wasn't complete but that was still bestowed by a (semi) -admin. For the thorn to be able to kill zahard (and admins), then which greater being is this power from?

Bam is clearly out of the league of his companions. He is way too broken as it is. He has reverse flow as well, and funny enough, he hasn't even needed to use it. And of course all of this is in addition to him being able to use attacks after they are used on him. The red admin is also increasing his shinsu black hole attack range and potency. His friends do come in handy for some things but he is already way too powerful for them

She saved him when the De jah (or something) guy was about to kill him. It was the ruler of the north city in FoD(the one that was a ranker before) that was about to kill khun because he heard they wanted to get the soul ladle. Rachel intervened and told him that Khun and co were companions of the Savior (bam) and that he wouldnt forgive him if they were harmed.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The most fun thing is the list of top Rankers rated by strength and their character profiles. I love that list because it's generated so much hype for seeing all these characters. We knew about Urek long before we met him.

The next one I really want to show up is Adori Zahard. The strongest princess in the tower and 7th in the overall rankings. Koon once said nothing short of Baam going on a date with her would surprise him anymore. Please god, let that come true.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh and most importantly do your civic duty and go to the Tower of God Popularity Contest and vote for your favorite characters.

Or to phrase it another way. VOTE FOR ANDROSSI!!!! For Christ's sake she's tied with Rachel again right now.:bored
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
@Holt

The Zahard Empire is indeed a very complex topic to discuss, since we know so little about it. Most of the stuff we know revolves around the climb, Regulars and Rankers. But there is so much more outside of the climb. Just for you information: the Outer Tower of each floor is as large as North America (stated by the author). And with 134 floors belonging to Zahard, who knows how many billions of people he rules over? How are their living conditions? We don't know.

While there might be characters who criticize Zahard's system one way or another, in general the sentiment towards the "climbing system" seems to be well accepted. I mean people want to climb the Tower, women desire to become a Zahard Princess (they aren't aware of the cruel secret). All in all, it looks like it works. Well, Zahard sure isn't a saint and he is far from being a good person, but compared to FUG he seems to be the lesser evil. Granted, we have only seen three major FUG members so far. But seeing how they corrupt everything and how they play with little kids, it's hard to support them over Zahard. (Urek should annihilate both the Zahard Empire and FUG :lmao)

Regarding Enryu: Well, you have obviously a point. We don't know if the other Irregulars are powerful enough to kill an admin. As you said, they possibly didn't have any reason to do so. And while making a contract may imply inferiority, it doesn't necessarily have to be the case. Admins have the power to grant immortality as well as invincibility, powers Zahard and co. can't apply to themselves, so they are better off making a contract instead of outright killing an admin.
You asked the same question as I did: Why didn't Enryu take care of Zahard himself, if he is indeed more powerful than him? As contradicting as it sounds, I don't know. Thing is, I have a hard time believing that an admin killing machine is unable to be a threat to Zahard. Why should Baam be able to kill Zahard with the Thorn, but Enryu who killed an admin, who can control over 9.000 baangs, who is described as the envoy of a god and who is able to create life with shinsoo isn't able to do the same with the Thorn? Maybe because of some destiny bullshit... or maybe because some higher power prevents him from doing so? Now it gets a little bit complicated. Did you read the Phantaminum's wiki entry and the link about Axis? Phantaminum is a being transcending the likes of Irregulars. He is literally a god in the Talse Uzer universe, even one of the five strongest Axis. He attacked Zahard's Palace, but disappeared as soon as Zahard confronted him (they didn't fight). We obviously don't know why Phantaminum appeared there and what his goal was. But Phantaminum is in fact much more powerful than Zahard (it is stated by the author that Phantaminum could instantly destroy the whole Tower). Why did Phantaminum appear at Zahard's palace, kill dozens of High Rankers and then vanish once Zahard faced him? It's similar to Enryu's case if we assume that Enryu is more powerful than Zahard. I'm really curious about that.

Unfortunately, we don't know more about the Thorn than you do. It's a shame, because it feels like a deus ex machina whenever it is in play. It does (or doesn't) whatever the situation calls for. SIU never explained its abilities or limitations (if it has any). That's the reason I dislike that thing so much. :/

The next one I really want to show up is Adori Zahard. The strongest princess in the tower and 7th in the overall rankings. Koon once said nothing short of Baam going on a date with her would surprise him anymore. Please god, let that come true.
Adori Zahard will be such a gorgeous beauty, I'm as well looking really forward to her. :zomg Baam will surely be one of the few people who will be allowed to call Adori by her birth name.
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
FinIshed chapter 272! \ :arf /
I just have a few words...
Bam + billions of souls = something GODLY :notamused
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,322
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
The Zahard Empire is indeed a very complex topic to discuss, since we know so little about it. Most of the stuff we know revolves around the climb, Regulars and Rankers. But there is so much more outside of the climb. Just for you information: the Outer Tower of each floor is as large as North America (stated by the author). And with 134 floors belonging to Zahard, who knows how many billions of people he rules over? How are their living conditions? We don't know.
Yeah, I was just going through the wiki. The tower itself is supposedly 6 times as large as the earth, and there is information that some don't even have knowledge of Zahard and his empire.

While there might be characters who criticize Zahard's system one way or another, in general the sentiment towards the "climbing system" seems to be well accepted. I mean people want to climb the Tower, women desire to become a Zahard Princess (they aren't aware of the cruel secret). All in all, it looks like it works. Well, Zahard sure isn't a saint and he is far from being a good person, but compared to FUG he seems to be the lesser evil. Granted, we have only seen three major FUG members so far. But seeing how they corrupt everything and how they play with little kids, it's hard to support them over Zahard. (Urek should annihilate both the Zahard Empire and FUG :lmao)
Yeah, he certainly is better and the lesser evil. I guess it was just mostly a shock to me because it seemed Zahard and the leaders were gods (good ones haha).
On FUG, I don't really get some things. Karaka is weaker than Ha Jinsung for starters, so why is he a slayer when Ha isn't? Also, the very notion of calling them slayers seems redundant. I mean, the organization had to wait ages for an irregular simply because they cannot go against the contract protecting Zahard and the 10 great leaders (not like they'd be able to defeat them even without immortality being a factor). I mean, there are 11 slayer seats (despite 4 being vacant) and there isn't even a single irregular among them. Struggle as they might, without an irregular, they have no means to slay the most relevant people. I get that the slayer name is really "one who kills" but if the main targets are Zahard and the 10 and the slayers have no means to kill them, then for what reason are they called slayers :lmao

Urek is a really fun and cool guy. I love how he absolutely manhandled Karaka with 1% and just a single finger. It was glorious, and even karaka admitted that he is utterly unable to defeat that single finger. It is also weird that Karaka wasn't that worried about Hell Joe. When Hell Joe was fused with Red thyrssa, he could have easily annihilated Karaka.

Regarding Enryu: Well, you have obviously a point. We don't know if the other Irregulars are powerful enough to kill an admin. As you said, they possibly didn't have any reason to do so. And while making a contract may imply inferiority, it doesn't necessarily have to be the case. Admins have the power to grant immortality as well as invincibility, powers Zahard and co. can't apply to themselves, so they are better off making a contract instead of outright killing an admin.
You asked the same question as I did: Why didn't Enryu take care of Zahard himself, if he is indeed more powerful than him? As contradicting as it sounds, I don't know. Thing is, I have a hard time believing that an admin killing machine is unable to be a threat to Zahard. Why should Baam be able to kill Zahard with the Thorn, but Enryu who killed an admin, who can control over 9.000 baangs, who is described as the envoy of a god and who is able to create life with shinsoo isn't able to do the same with the Thorn? Maybe because of some destiny bullshit... or maybe because some higher power prevents him from doing so? Now it gets a little bit complicated. Did you read the Phantaminum's wiki entry and the link about Axis? Phantaminum is a being transcending the likes of Irregulars. He is literally a god in the Talse Uzer universe, even one of the five strongest Axis. He attacked Zahard's Palace, but disappeared as soon as Zahard confronted him (they didn't fight). We obviously don't know why Phantaminum appeared there and what his goal was. But Phantaminum is in fact much more powerful than Zahard (it is stated by the author that Phantaminum could instantly destroy the whole Tower). Why did Phantaminum appear at Zahard's palace, kill dozens of High Rankers and then vanish once Zahard faced him? It's similar to Enryu's case if we assume that Enryu is more powerful than Zahard. I'm really curious about that.
Well, reading the wiki, I have a different perspective now. Zahard and co climbed the tower to conquer it. Killing a guardian would have been detrimental to that, but I do believe they could have done it, if not individually but at least as a group. The received immortality as a reward for passing the 100th floor test as well, and the way its phrased does not seem like it was their major aim? It seems more like something that came as an afterthought, and in fact, they were already powerful enough to clear the floors as well, the invincibility is relevant only for tower inhabitants. I do think they could have killed a guardian but there was no reason for them to do so.

Enryuu would definitely be a threat to Zahard, but I doubt he can defeat him. Certainly killing him won't be a problem considering the thorn and the fact that he is an irregular, but I suppose the problem would lie in him being able to actually best him in combat. From reading about Phantaminium who is an axis, perhaps being stronger isn't always the reason. I don't really know why he entered the tower, and I can't make any logical theories about it, and also why he would leave when Zahard showed. Perhaps he feared retribution from another axis? But I'm not sure another axis would have grounds to intervene in the first place. Well Phanta is the author of a story, but maybe not all of ToG's story. Perhaps there are certain higher governing rules and he couldn't simply defeat Zahard and throw the tower into chaos without larger repercussions. I could liken this to rankers not being allowed to interfere with regulars directly for the most part in the regulars area. They might do some things, but going too far would incur the wrath of the guardian. Maybe that's why he retreated.

Interestingly enough, Urek apparently came into the tower tracking Phanta. The fact that he knows him is an interesting deal as well. If Urek felt he stood a chance, then it is a rather peculiar situation. Also, Zahard and 10 leaders are basically irregulars themselves. It's likely that destroying the tower would have no effect on them since they are from the outside to begin with. Imo, the tower (guardians) didn't make them stronger but more like established them as gods to the tower's inhabitants by granting them immortality/invincibility, and that idea itself is negated once they face an irregular. If we assume that Zahard and the 10 (and Urek by extension) were actually capable of killing guardians like Enryuu, then an outcome of a battle isn't that clear cut. Of course, Phanta would win on the mere fact that he is an axis and simply cannot be defeated by a non-axis, but I think there is more to it otherwise a bunch of things simply do not fit XD

Unfortunately, we don't know more about the Thorn than you do. It's a shame, because it feels like a deus ex machina whenever it is in play. It does (or doesn't) whatever the situation calls for. SIU never explained its abilities or limitations (if it has any). That's the reason I dislike that thing so much. :/
Haha, I guess we would find out more about it. Maybe it's just a really remarkable weapon from the outside? Reading the wiki, I suppose the outside basically refers to our world. It opens a lot of possibilities.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I haven't had to write this much in ages haha

The wiki was an interesting read, I ended up branching out into so many others things. I kinda feel trolled though syx. I remember when you named this thread 77th floor, and then later 134th floor. Considering where the story is now, well, I'm sure you see my point lol XD
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
@Holt, oh ma gaaad that post, you really like ToG, huh? :zomg
On FUG, I don't really get some things. Karaka is weaker than Ha Jinsung for starters, so why is he a slayer when Ha isn't? Also, the very notion of calling them slayers seems redundant. I mean, the organization had to wait ages for an irregular simply because they cannot go against the contract protecting Zahard and the 10 great leaders (not like they'd be able to defeat them even without immortality being a factor). I mean, there are 11 slayer seats (despite 4 being vacant) and there isn't even a single irregular among them. Struggle as they might, without an irregular, they have no means to slay the most relevant people. I get that the slayer name is really "one who kills" but if the main targets are Zahard and the 10 and the slayers have no means to kill them, then for what reason are they called slayers :lmao
Damn, I feel like reading my past posts. :lmao You may read one of my recent posts in regards to FUG.

The FUG is a mystery. As you said, as non-Irregulars, they don't have the means to harm Zahard or the 10 Great Warriors. Karaka is even supposed to kill Zahard, SIU has stated as much in one of his recent blog posts. Anyway, Jinsung might be stronger than Karaka right now, but it is stated by the author that Karaka is like a greenhorn with immense potential. Moreover, I do think that the Slayer selection is not only based on strength and potential, but also on what FUG members are willing to go through. Jinsung seems to rely solely on his own power, while all known Slayers so far have abnormal abilities or strife for outside powers (i.e. Karaka x Thorn, White x souls). In the end, it doesn't really matter (as I concluded at the end of this post). The only option I see is that Luslec is aware of some loopholes regarding the contracts and there are rituals or spells which would let them bypass the invincibility contract Zahard and the 10 Great Warriors have. Otherwise, the whole organization is as you said redundant.
Urek is a really fun and cool guy. I love how he absolutely manhandled Karaka with 1% and just a single finger. It was glorious, and even karaka admitted that he is utterly unable to defeat that single finger. It is also weird that Karaka wasn't that worried about Hell Joe. When Hell Joe was fused with Red thyrssa, he could have easily annihilated Karaka.
Yeah, Urek really impressed me there. I always assumed that he is kinda an arrogant, just overpowered character. But he proved that he isn't only a powerful character, but also has character! And his "fight" against Karaka was hilarious. Since I don't like this FUG lot (except for Jinsung), I can't get enough of them being shit on. :lmao

Well, Karaka proposed to bring Hell Joe out of the Floor of Death, didn't he? And that's what Hell Joe wanted. I don't see a reason why Karaka should be worried about Hell Joe, maybe I'm forgetting things. Moreover, Karaka's weird immortality ability allows him to be quite cocky against much stronger opponents.
Well, reading the wiki, I have a different perspective now. Zahard and co climbed the tower to conquer it. Killing a guardian would have been detrimental to that, but I do believe they could have done it, if not individually but at least as a group. The received immortality as a reward for passing the 100th floor test as well, and the way its phrased does not seem like it was their major aim? It seems more like something that came as an afterthought, and in fact, they were already powerful enough to clear the floors as well, the invincibility is relevant only for tower inhabitants. I do think they could have killed a guardian but there was no reason for them to do so.
There is not much to add here from my side. It's more than possible that they are very much capable of killing an admin, but it has never come to that.
Enryuu would definitely be a threat to Zahard, but I doubt he can defeat him. Certainly killing him won't be a problem considering the thorn and the fact that he is an irregular, but I suppose the problem would lie in him being able to actually best him in combat. From reading about Phantaminium who is an axis, perhaps being stronger isn't always the reason. I don't really know why he entered the tower, and I can't make any logical theories about it, and also why he would leave when Zahard showed. Perhaps he feared retribution from another axis? But I'm not sure another axis would have grounds to intervene in the first place. Well Phanta is the author of a story, but maybe not all of ToG's story. Perhaps there are certain higher governing rules and he couldn't simply defeat Zahard and throw the tower into chaos without larger repercussions. I could liken this to rankers not being allowed to interfere with regulars directly for the most part in the regulars area. They might do some things, but going too far would incur the wrath of the guardian. Maybe that's why he retreated.
Kinda like this. Once Phantaminum saw Zahard, he recognized that he can't kill him. Not because he was inferior to Zahard, but because of higher rules of the Talse Uzer universe or some kind of protection Zahard received from another Axis. But this all goes beyond the Tower of God story.

I'll skip the Enryu part, because a powerlevel discussion won't get us anywhere at this point. It's up to interpretation for now until we get to see a full fledged fight of these monsters.
Interestingly enough, Urek apparently came into the tower tracking Phanta. The fact that he knows him is an interesting deal as well. If Urek felt he stood a chance, then it is a rather peculiar situation. Also, Zahard and 10 leaders are basically irregulars themselves. It's likely that destroying the tower would have no effect on them since they are from the outside to begin with. Imo, the tower (guardians) didn't make them stronger but more like established them as gods to the tower's inhabitants by granting them immortality/invincibility, and that idea itself is negated once they face an irregular. If we assume that Zahard and the 10 (and Urek by extension) were actually capable of killing guardians like Enryuu, then an outcome of a battle isn't that clear cut. Of course, Phanta would win on the mere fact that he is an axis and simply cannot be defeated by a non-axis, but I think there is more to it otherwise a bunch of things simply do not fit XD
Right, Urek is rumored to have entered the Tower because of Phantaminum. I don't know if that's still valid, though. That statement was included in Urek's High Ranker profile, which was published at a very early stage of this series.

At the beginning of my ToG adventure, I always assumed Enryu and Phantaminum entered the Tower like any other Irregular too, starting on the first floor and fighting their way to the top. And I thought Phantaminum wasn't an Axis during his climb. The author stated that Phantaminum was once a normal human being, and he became an Axis later on. My impression was that he did some weird stuff in the outside world (hence why Urek chased after him), entered the Tower, made his way up to the top, attacked Zahard's Palace for whatever reason, realized he couldn't defeat Zahard, retreated, became an Axis at one point and didn't bother with the Tower anymore. :lmao

Well, in Enryu's case this was proven to be wrong. Enryu entered the Tower on the 43rd Floor and never actually climbed the Tower. Phantaminum might have done the same, namely entering the Tower wherever Zahard was residing and simply left afterwards. He also doesn't seem to have climbed the Tower at all.

Anyway, the way Phantaminum is portrayed, I can't believe that anyone in the Tower could even stand a single second against him. Phantaminum is one of the 5 most powerful Axis in the Talse Uzer universe. That's a whole different league in my opinion. No matter how you look at it, things won't fit one war or the other due to the lack of information. :lmao

Haha, I guess we would find out more about it. Maybe it's just a really remarkable weapon from the outside? Reading the wiki, I suppose the outside basically refers to our world. It opens a lot of possibilities.
Well, the Workshop does also exist in the outside world, so the Thorn might be connected to that Workshop? Dunno... I still think it's just an op weapon created by this "god".
I haven't had to write this much in ages haha

The wiki was an interesting read, I ended up branching out into so many others things. I kinda feel trolled though syx. I remember when you named this thread 77th floor, and then later 134th floor. Considering where the story is now, well, I'm sure you see my point lol XD
Don't falter! I appreciate your posts! :zomg You have to join the ToG section as well. :hmph

I can't remember naming this thread the 77th Floor (I think it was someone else), but yes, I named it the 134th, 135th and/or 136th Floor (my opening post, good old times) once. :lmao
 
Last edited:

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,189
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
@Darky and @Holt you've finished your reading, you really liked ToG :zomg

Good to see you're are using Tower of God avatars, spread, spread more about Tower of God (and come by the ToG section). By the way, if you're inspired, take a look at the Art Contest, it will be open until september 3rd. And if you have some time, try reading Noblesse too. :verily
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,322
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
@Darky and @Holt you've finished your reading, you really liked ToG :zomg

Good to see you're are using Tower of God avatars, spread, spread more about Tower of God (and come by the ToG section). By the way, if you're inspired, take a look at the Art Contest, it will be open until september 3rd. And if you have some time, try reading Noblesse too. :verily
Yes, I enjoyed the story a lot. My only shame is having to wait now since I'm all caught up.

I (we) know about the contest. We actually set it up along with Ahmad haha (well darky doesn't anymore). I'm not participating because I wanted to take a break from the contests this year :)
@Holt, oh ma gaaad that post, you really like ToG, huh? :zomg
Damn, I feel like reading my past posts. :lmao You may read one of my recent posts in regards to FUG.

The FUG is a mystery. As you said, as non-Irregulars, they don't have the means to harm Zahard or the 10 Great Warriors. Karaka is even supposed to kill Zahard, SIU has stated as much in one of his recent blog posts. Anyway, Jinsung might be stronger than Karaka right now, but it is stated by the author that Karaka is like a greenhorn with immense potential. Moreover, I do think that the Slayer selection is not only based on strength and potential, but also on what FUG members are willing to go through. Jinsung seems to rely solely on his own power, while all known Slayers so far have abnormal abilities or strife for outside powers (i.e. Karaka x Thorn, White x souls). In the end, it doesn't really matter (as I concluded at the end of this post). The only option I see is that Luslec is aware of some loopholes regarding the contracts and there are rituals or spells which would let them bypass the invincibility contract Zahard and the 10 Great Warriors have. Otherwise, the whole organization is as you said redundant.

Yeah, Urek really impressed me there. I always assumed that he is kinda an arrogant, just overpowered character. But he proved that he isn't only a powerful character, but also has character! And his "fight" against Karaka was hilarious. Since I don't like this FUG lot (except for Jinsung), I can't get enough of them being shit on. :lmao

Well, Karaka proposed to bring Hell Joe out of the Floor of Death, didn't he? And that's what Hell Joe wanted. I don't see a reason why Karaka should be worried about Hell Joe, maybe I'm forgetting things. Moreover, Karaka's weird immortality ability allows him to be quite cocky against much stronger opponents.

There is not much to add here from my side. It's more than possible that they are very much capable of killing an admin, but it has never come to that.

Kinda like this. Once Phantaminum saw Zahard, he recognized that he can't kill him. Not because he was inferior to Zahard, but because of higher rules of the Talse Uzer universe or some kind of protection Zahard received from another Axis. But this all goes beyond the Tower of God story.

I'll skip the Enryu part, because a powerlevel discussion won't get us anywhere at this point. It's up to interpretation for now until we get to see a full fledged fight of these monsters.

Right, Urek is rumored to have entered the Tower because of Phantaminum. I don't know if that's still valid, though. That statement was included in Urek's High Ranker profile, which was published at a very early stage of this series.

At the beginning of my ToG adventure, I always assumed Enryu and Phantaminum entered the Tower like any other Irregular too, starting on the first floor and fighting their way to the top. And I thought Phantaminum wasn't an Axis during his climb. The author stated that Phantaminum was once a normal human being, and he became an Axis later on. My impression was that he did some weird stuff in the outside world (hence why Urek chased after him), entered the Tower, made his way up to the top, attacked Zahard's Palace for whatever reason, realized he couldn't defeat Zahard, retreated, became an Axis at one point and didn't bother with the Tower anymore. :lmao

Well, in Enryu's case this was proven to be wrong. Enryu entered the Tower on the 43rd Floor and never actually climbed the Tower. Phantaminum might have done the same, namely entering the Tower wherever Zahard was residing and simply left afterwards. He also doesn't seem to have climbed the Tower at all.

Anyway, the way Phantaminum is portrayed, I can't believe that anyone in the Tower could even stand a single second against him. Phantaminum is one of the 5 most powerful Axis in the Talse Uzer universe. That's a whole different league in my opinion. No matter how you look at it, things won't fit one war or the other due to the lack of information. :lmao


Well, the Workshop does also exist in the outside world, so the Thorn might be connected to that Workshop? Dunno... I still think it's just an op weapon created by this "god".

Don't falter! I appreciate your posts! :zomg You have to join the ToG section as well. :hmph

I can't remember naming this thread the 77th Floor (I think it was someone else), but yes, I named it the 134th, 135th and/or 136th Floor (my opening post, good old times) once. :lmao
Hm, perhaps there might be loopholes, but would FUG have waited for so long for an irregular if there was another way? Even in the workshop battle where karaka wanted to melt bam with the thorn still needed an irregular.

Ah right, Karaka does have a fair bit of potential, and seems like a rather important figure too. And there's the possibility of him being a prince of zahard along with wagnan iirc.

Well, I think hell Joe wanted to fight him (actually everyone) at some point or even threatened him I believe. That was when he believe Karaka was playing him. Karaka was rather cocky when talking to him, so it seemed like it was speaking to one inferior.

Yeah, I agree phanta is the strongest. A bit divided on enryuu and zahard haha. I suppose we can't really determine who is stronger going like this. We need more information.

Yeah, that seems the most plausible reason for phanta to retreat. I would love to know more about him. Hope we get some more information in the future. Ah right, there's an outside workshop too. I suppose the thorn could have been made there.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Alright @syx, you've done good work. Almost enough to earn forgiveness for betraying me and voting against Holo in the waifu wars. Almost.

Now you just need to help me convince @Holt and @Darky to read 4 Cut Hero.


 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
@Holt
Hm, perhaps there might be loopholes, but would FUG have waited for so long for an irregular if there was another way? Even in the workshop battle where karaka wanted to melt bam with the thorn still needed an irregular.
You have a point, but remember that each Slayer is supposed to kill one Great Warrior (including Zahard). Which means they would need 11 Irregulars, not just one. Furthermore, FUG would have to wait for 10 further Irregulars and recruit them. If my memory serves me right, there were some parties within the FUG who were against Karaka's plan to melt Baam with the Thorn. Some wanted Baam to be an individual Slayer, not a weapon to another Slayer (correct me if I'm wrong). What I'm trying to say is - and what you already implied - that it doesn't seem to fit regardless of the theory. The whole Slayer system seems off, since the current ones are no Irregulars. And if there is no other option to harm Zahard and co., FUG would require a total of 11 Irregulars if we follow the premise that one Slayer is supposed to kill one of the Great Warriors or Zahard.

We also have to remember that Luslec most likely knows about Baam's existence as well, just like Garam and Gustang. You could theorize that Luslec didn't really wait for any Irregular, but for Baam specifically. Of course most FUG members, if not all, are kept in the dark regarding Baam's history and connection. So, there might be really loopholes concerning the contracts, and Baam is "just a nice to have individual" Luslec was expecting all along.
Well, I think hell Joe wanted to fight him (actually everyone) at some point or even threatened him I believe. That was when he believe Karaka was playing him. Karaka was rather cocky when talking to him, so it seemed like it was speaking to one inferior.
Well, Karaka has been portrayed as a cocky and stupid (imo) being who underestimates his opponents all the time. If it weren't for his immortality ability, he would have bitten the dust several times by now. Not trying to downplay Karaka by excluding his abilities. But he is someone who isn't hard to kill because he is an equal or superior fighter per se, but because he has an ability which is hard to bypass. Exaggeratedly speaking, it's like you are trying to kill an Edo Tensei baby, but fail because you don't have any sealing techniques in your arsenal. :lmao

Alright @syx, you've done good work. Almost enough to earn forgiveness for betraying me and voting against Holo in the waifu wars. Almost.

Now you just need to help me convince @Holt and @Darky to read 4 Cut Hero.


I'm not even sure if @Holt and @Darky started reading ToG because of me. Can't remember recommending ToG to any of those two. :wonder While it's indeed a pleasent thought to be forgiven for voting against Holo, I can't take credit for something I didn't do. u.u"
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
I just finished reading the latest chapter:nod
I would gladly welcome the person who recommended me ToG, but it doesn't seem to be syx..:cookiestare
 
Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I just finished reading the latest chapter:nod
I would gladly welcome the person who recommended me ToG, but it doesn't seem to be syx..:cookiestare
:zomg:zomg:zomg:zomg:zomg:zomg:zomg
Now, it's your turn:
  • Overall rating?
  • Favorite arc?
  • Least favorite arc?
  • Top 3 male character?
  • Top 3 female character?
  • Top 3 most anticipated unrevealed male character?
  • Top 3 most anticipated unrevealed female character?
  • Favorite Zahard Princess?
  • Favorite position?
  • Favorite moment?
  • Least favorite moment?
  • Strongest point of the series?
  • Weakest point of the series?
  • Who did recommend ToG to you?
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
:zomg:zomg:zomg:zomg:zomg:zomg:zomg
Now, it's your turn:
  • Overall rating?
Literally the best manag/manwha I've ever read (honestly) ..
So I'd give it a 21 on 20 :pleased
  • Favorite arc?
I'd say it was the latest chapter , the Hell Train as we were able to discover a lot of informations on the universe , via the characters or the notes of the author and also on the characters :cookiehand
  • Least favorite arc?
None of them :3
  • Top 3 male character?
Rak (he isn't a turtle at least :teehee)
Baam
Urek Mazino

  • Top 3 female character?
Androssi Zahard
Rachel (At the very beginning, I thought it was a male due to her face:notrust)
Jaina Repellista Zahard (She seems pretty interesting :eyeroll)
  • Top 3 most anticipated unrevealed male character?
Phantaminium, seems like he's the strongest of the Tower :arf
The real Identity of Karaka and his "brother" Ja Wangnan:hmm
The king of the Tower
  • Top 3 most anticipated unrevealed female character?
I don't have any idea about that...:cookiestare
  • Favorite Zahard Princess?
Yuri , because she's the best :hip
  • Favorite position?
Favorite what?
  • Favorite moment?
All of Tiny Ra's moments :XD
And also learning that Androssi and Yuri Zahard have taken a big liking to Baam :kappa
  • Least favorite moment?
Thinking that Rak was dead due to Karaka's attack :emocat
  • Strongest point of the series?
The writing is good, the plot too, the characters too...There's literally nothing that I don't like in there:noworry
  • Weakest point of the series?
There are none, except that the manga should be daily :3c
  • Who did recommend ToG to you?
Was it you or Nii ?:cookiestare
 
Top