Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I believe in Syx. And I won't allow those disrespectful comments towards him. Art 1. of our constitution forbids this!
If this goes on I will consider action of injunction.
#FCBPK
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Haha, I haven't touched Umineko for months. :lmao

You feel obliged to pick up a series just because I read one of your recommendations? That's sweet, Jarred-kun. :shakefist But there is no such rule. Actually, I'm in your debt for recommending me a series which I entertained me a huge lot so far. I would advise you to follow nii's recommendations. However, if you really want to hear me out then let's do this (I don't know what you are looking for though):

Made in Abyss is a great manga in my view, but I saw that you gave its anime a 7/10. Which means our opinions differ by a good margin, hence I wouldn't recommend it to you since the anime is very faithful to the manga.

You also watched Mahoutsukai no Yome and put it on hold after 2 episodes. Any reason for that? I think if the first couple of episodes don't pique your interest, then I guess it's also better to not pick up the manga.

We are both reading One Piece with the same score. :lmao

I started to read Pandora Hearts, but I'm just at chapter 15, which means I don't have a complete (or good) picture of it yet. The series is finished and actually well received. The first 15 chapters entertained me a lot, it's adventure/mystery based as far as I can tell. And the series is hilarious. xD

Shingeki no Kyojin is in your "plan to read" list. But your SnK anime scores tell me that it won't fully impress you. I have the slight suspicion that our overall taste might not match, haha. SnK is one of my alltime favorite manga series.

Toaru Railgun is quite a charming and cool series, but it pales in comparison to other ones I follow.

You also read Vinland Saga, but put it on hold with a score of just 8/10, smh. And you put Yakusoku no Neverland (my favorite ongoing series) on hold with a score of freaking 7/10. :nah

Which only leaves Tower of God as an ongoing series I follow and didn't mention yet. However, it's a manhwa (weekly), has approx. 400 chapters (one chapter stomps a weekly manga in terms of pages and maybe content) and the art might not be everyone's cup of tea. But I tell you... if the term "epic" were a manga/manhwa genre, then Tower of God would be the only series to deserve it.
  • incredible and huge world-building
  • an awesome cast
  • beautiful and capable females everywhere (yes, this needs a separate listing)
  • flashy art and fights
  • many mysterious elements
That's all in regards to ongoing series I follow (except for Pandora Hearts of course). As you can see, the range is very limited. :nomoar

Two series I dropped/finished which I highly praise:
  • Haikyuu (dropped it due to the amazing anime): feel like reading a sports manga with great art, thrilling matches and neat characterization? Then Haikyuu is the series to go. I would have never expected to fall in love with a Volleyball manga series.
  • Orange (finished series): I lost count on how many times this series hit my heart. Oh god, I'm thinking about to wear a Naho-chan set again. It's a drama series with a tiny, tiny bit of science fiction about - how should I describe it without spoiling anything - some students helping a fellow classmate? Gosh, I'm so bad at this stuff. Let me just say one thing: it's an awesome showcase of pure friendship (and everything which comes along with it).

Again, my best recommendation is to follow nii's recommendation. : )
Ah lol. I actually put a lot of thought into MAL points (mostly stemming from the inner struggle that comes with assigning values.. lol). It was a decent exercise since I often say something is '10/10' without even thinking. Don't be disheartened, I like everything above a 5, since that what MAL tells us to do, basically as a power level tier list.

Made in Abyss - I'll try the manga at some point but it's not very high on the list of priorities for me.
Mahoustukai - no reason to drop it other than being a lazy anime consumer. I'll read it when I want a fantasy love story.
SnK - I was thinking about trying the manga out yesterday, so maybe this is the one. Oh yea, 7/10 is a good score, same as some of my faves like Skip Beat, Oreigairu etc.
ToG - I think we discussed this before, it's a must-read. I'll get there : )
Haikyuu - I am going to read some sports manga after PoT. I'm going to start with Rookies, so after that I might pick up HypeQ
Orange - hits your heart, Naho-chan, shoujo... sold : )

I'll let you know which one, soon. Thanks.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Can definitely recommend Orange (only manga though, not the anime)
Yup, I was only talking about mangas/manhwas @Brandish. The Orange anime is a disgrace compared to the manga. Don't you dare to ever touch it.

I believe in Syx. And I won't allow those disrespectful comments towards him. Art 1. of our constitution forbids this!
If this goes on I will consider action of injunction.
#FCBPK
:teach :lmao
When the biggest nazi on MH supports you more than some other people, smh. :clingy
Ah lol. I actually put a lot of thought into MAL points (mostly stemming from the inner struggle that comes with assigning values.. lol). It was a decent exercise since I often say something is '10/10' without even thinking. Don't be disheartened, I like everything above a 5, since that what MAL tells us to do, basically as a power level tier list.
I sometimes find myself thinking about scores for hours. It's actually pretty annoying, especially if there are so many series you follow. It becomes impossible to make a proper ranking, because it always feels like this and that series deserves better/worse.


Mahoustukai - no reason to drop it other than being a lazy anime consumer. I'll read it when I want a fantasy love story.
You remind me of myself sometimes. :lmao

SnK - I was thinking about trying the manga out yesterday, so maybe this is the one. Oh yea, 7/10 is a good score, same as some of my faves like Skip Beat, Oreigairu etc.
I guess we have different interpretations regarding the scores then. While a score of 7/10 is indeed considered to be a "good" series according to MAL, it's not a score worth recommending for me. I would only recommend a series I deem at least a 8/10.

ToG - I think we discussed this before, it's a must-read. I'll get there : )
That's freaking amazing. :zomg Can't wait to read your thoughts about it. Any plans when you might start it?

Orange - hits your heart, Naho-chan, shoujo... sold : )
I'm confident that Orange won't disappoint. : )
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I sometimes find myself thinking about scores for hours. It's actually pretty annoying, especially if there are so many series you follow. It becomes impossible to make a proper ranking, because it always feels like this and that series deserves better/worse.
It took weeks for me to settle, not out of satisfaction, but I found the combination that triggered me least.

Yea there's no way to make a proper ranking, I never even considered that notion. Statistics classes killed those kind of dreams. I thought about them when ranking... : (

I guess we have different interpretations regarding the scores then. While a score of 7/10 is indeed considered to be a "good" series according to MAL, it's not a score worth recommending for me. I would only recommend a series I deem at least a 8/10.
I see, that's a "good" point :derp I'll keep it in mind to only rec 8+'s to you

That's freaking amazing. :zomg Can't wait to read your thoughts about it. Any plans when you might start it?
Not too sure. Taking on an ongoing weekly which is 400+ chapters in is a big decision. When I do you'll be first to know : )
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Is this the place to bribe staff member into reading Manga or LN?
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Personally, I have long since settled on simply rating the shows according to how much I enjoy/ed them, that makes it pretty simple. Looking at it critically, analyzing the good and the bad, I would prolly rate a lot of stuff very differently, but that's so much work and I'm not exactly an anime critic or whatever (at least not trying to be :toc), so I just don't see the point.
Still, I would rarely recommend a show or manga I've rated below 8 either, but I feel like I'm more generous with my ratings than a lot of others :XD

As for you syx, just go and finish Umineko already, if only so that I can recommend you another game. Like, I would love to talk with you about Nier, just saying :3
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Mushishi :teehee
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Personally, I have long since settled on simply rating the shows according to how much I enjoy/ed them, that makes it pretty simple. Looking at it critically, analyzing the good and the bad, I would prolly rate a lot of stuff very differently, but that's so much work and I'm not exactly an anime critic or whatever (at least not trying to be :toc), so I just don't see the point.
Still, I would rarely recommend a show or manga I've rated below 8 either, but I feel like I'm more generous with my ratings than a lot of others :XD

As for you syx, just go and finish Umineko already, if only so that I can recommend you another game. Like, I would love to talk with you about Nier, just saying :3
I don't rate series any differently actually. It's just my gut feeling, I'm not applying rocket science. Still, whenever I check my ratings, something always feels off.

You can recommend another game now. There is no need to wait. Which game do you want to recommend? Nier?
?
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Nah nothing.

I wish I could do something mischievous to you though :teehee
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't rate series any differently actually. It's just my gut feeling, I'm not applying rocket science. Still, whenever I check my ratings, something always feels off.

You can recommend another game now. There is no need to wait. Which game do you want to recommend? Nier?

?
Well I get that feeling, yeah.

And yes, I want to recommend Nier :nod Once you feel like playing another game, please give it a chance :zomg
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Btw have you asked your grandma? Did she online-slap you? :zomg
I'm not gonna take that risk. : )
Well I get that feeling, yeah.

And yes, I want to recommend Nier :nod Once you feel like playing another game, please give it a chance :zomg
Ehhh, well... Nier is actually on my list (the demo was epic) alongside a couple of other games I intend(ed) to play. But ever since I started to work, I lost the motivation to play games on my computer or Playstation. Even during my vacation last month, I could only bring myself to play approx. 10-15 hours of Horizon Zero Dawn, even though the game amazed me from the getgo. The next game I'm sure to buy is Red Dead Redemption. I had incredible fun with that game on the PS3, solo as well as online with friends and relatives. But I'm pretty sure it will end up collecting dust. : /
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If any game can make you feel like playing it forever, it's Nier :pleased Sad to hear you have so much trouble getting motivated, but I can vouch for that game and am pretty sure that you would highly enjoy it as well :nod though ofc there's no guarantee

Anyway, just a recommendation. If it doesn't happen that's sad but okay :p
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
If any game can make you feel like playing it forever, it's Nier :pleased Sad to hear you have so much trouble getting motivated, but I can vouch for that game and am pretty sure that you would highly enjoy it as well :nod though ofc there's no guarantee

Anyway, just a recommendation. If it doesn't happen that's sad but okay :p
By the way... on which platform did you play Nier?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
By the way... on which platform did you play Nier?
Well the first on PS3 obviously, but I don't think you should go for the first Nier anyway. It's simply not good enough to give you the motivation necessary. It makes Nier:Automata even more enjoyable at certain parts, but it's absolutely not necessary. Ofc ideal way would be Nier -> Nier:Automata, but the game remains awesome either way (I know way more people who only read Automata and loved it xD).

Automata I played on Steam, but it definitely needs a fanpatch to work properly. It still crashed for me a few times, but that was long ago, so I assume the game should be pretty much stable now (with a patch). Generally it's regarded as a not so great port though, so you can feel free to play it on PS4 too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Well the first on PS3 obviously, but I don't think you should go for the first Nier anyway. It's simply not good enough to give you the motivation necessary. It makes Nier:Automata even more enjoyable at certain parts, but it's absolutely not necessary. Ofc ideal way would be Nier -> Nier:Automata, but the game remains awesome either way (I know way more people who only read Automata and loved it xD).

Automata I played on Steam, but it definitely needs a fanpatch to work properly. It still crashed for me a few times, but that was long ago, so I assume the game should be pretty much stable now (with a patch). Generally it's regarded as a not so great port though, so you can feel free to play it on PS4 too.
I would have rioted if you had told me that you played it on PS4. :lmao

Nah, I won't play the first one. I obviously talk about Automata. But damn... Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption, Nier Automata... I also want to play The Witcher 3. Then there is Pandora Hearts, I need to continue with The Dark Tower again and I haven't even touched the books The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny which stare at me every day from my shelve. :nomoar

I need 6 months of vacation somehow. : /
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top