Can definitely recommend Orange (only manga though, not the anime) and Tower of God
syx clearly overestimates my recommendation skills : )
syx clearly overestimates my recommendation skills : )
syx clearly overestimates my recommendation skills : )Ah lol. I actually put a lot of thought into MAL points (mostly stemming from the inner struggle that comes with assigning values.. lol). It was a decent exercise since I often say something is '10/10' without even thinking. Don't be disheartened, I like everything above a 5, since that what MAL tells us to do, basically as a power level tier list.Haha, I haven't touched Umineko for months.
You feel obliged to pick up a series just because I read one of your recommendations? That's sweet, Jarred-kun.But there is no such rule. Actually, I'm in your debt for recommending me a series which I entertained me a huge lot so far. I would advise you to follow nii's recommendations. However, if you really want to hear me out then let's do this (I don't know what you are looking for though):
Made in Abyss is a great manga in my view, but I saw that you gave its anime a 7/10. Which means our opinions differ by a good margin, hence I wouldn't recommend it to you since the anime is very faithful to the manga.
You also watched Mahoutsukai no Yome and put it on hold after 2 episodes. Any reason for that? I think if the first couple of episodes don't pique your interest, then I guess it's also better to not pick up the manga.
We are both reading One Piece with the same score.
I started to read Pandora Hearts, but I'm just at chapter 15, which means I don't have a complete (or good) picture of it yet. The series is finished and actually well received. The first 15 chapters entertained me a lot, it's adventure/mystery based as far as I can tell. And the series is hilarious. xD
Shingeki no Kyojin is in your "plan to read" list. But your SnK anime scores tell me that it won't fully impress you. I have the slight suspicion that our overall taste might not match, haha. SnK is one of my alltime favorite manga series.
Toaru Railgun is quite a charming and cool series, but it pales in comparison to other ones I follow.
You also read Vinland Saga, but put it on hold with a score of just 8/10, smh. And you put Yakusoku no Neverland (my favorite ongoing series) on hold with a score of freaking 7/10.
Which only leaves Tower of God as an ongoing series I follow and didn't mention yet. However, it's a manhwa (weekly), has approx. 400 chapters (one chapter stomps a weekly manga in terms of pages and maybe content) and the art might not be everyone's cup of tea. But I tell you... if the term "epic" were a manga/manhwa genre, then Tower of God would be the only series to deserve it.
That's all in regards to ongoing series I follow (except for Pandora Hearts of course). As you can see, the range is very limited.
- incredible and huge world-building
- an awesome cast
- beautiful and capable females everywhere (yes, this needs a separate listing)
- flashy art and fights
- many mysterious elements
Two series I dropped/finished which I highly praise:
- Haikyuu (dropped it due to the amazing anime): feel like reading a sports manga with great art, thrilling matches and neat characterization? Then Haikyuu is the series to go. I would have never expected to fall in love with a Volleyball manga series.
- Orange (finished series): I lost count on how many times this series hit my heart. Oh god, I'm thinking about to wear a Naho-chan set again. It's a drama series with a tiny, tiny bit of science fiction about - how should I describe it without spoiling anything - some students helping a fellow classmate? Gosh, I'm so bad at this stuff. Let me just say one thing: it's an awesome showcase of pure friendship (and everything which comes along with it).
Again, my best recommendation is to follow nii's recommendation. : )
To be honest... It should be though. Read it. Nnaaa!Made in Abyss - I'll try the manga at some point but it's not very high on the list of priorities for me.
Yup, I was only talking about mangas/manhwas @Brandish. The Orange anime is a disgrace compared to the manga. Don't you dare to ever touch it.Can definitely recommend Orange (only manga though, not the anime)
I believe in Syx. And I won't allow those disrespectful comments towards him. Art 1. of our constitution forbids this!
If this goes on I will consider action of injunction.
#FCBPK


I sometimes find myself thinking about scores for hours. It's actually pretty annoying, especially if there are so many series you follow. It becomes impossible to make a proper ranking, because it always feels like this and that series deserves better/worse.Ah lol. I actually put a lot of thought into MAL points (mostly stemming from the inner struggle that comes with assigning values.. lol). It was a decent exercise since I often say something is '10/10' without even thinking. Don't be disheartened, I like everything above a 5, since that what MAL tells us to do, basically as a power level tier list.
You remind me of myself sometimes.Mahoustukai - no reason to drop it other than being a lazy anime consumer. I'll read it when I want a fantasy love story.

I guess we have different interpretations regarding the scores then. While a score of 7/10 is indeed considered to be a "good" series according to MAL, it's not a score worth recommending for me. I would only recommend a series I deem at least a 8/10.SnK - I was thinking about trying the manga out yesterday, so maybe this is the one. Oh yea, 7/10 is a good score, same as some of my faves like Skip Beat, Oreigairu etc.
That's freaking amazing.ToG - I think we discussed this before, it's a must-read. I'll get there : )
Can't wait to read your thoughts about it. Any plans when you might start it?I'm confident that Orange won't disappoint. : )Orange - hits your heart, Naho-chan, shoujo... sold : )
It took weeks for me to settle, not out of satisfaction, but I found the combination that triggered me least.I sometimes find myself thinking about scores for hours. It's actually pretty annoying, especially if there are so many series you follow. It becomes impossible to make a proper ranking, because it always feels like this and that series deserves better/worse.
I see, that's a "good" pointI guess we have different interpretations regarding the scores then. While a score of 7/10 is indeed considered to be a "good" series according to MAL, it's not a score worth recommending for me. I would only recommend a series I deem at least a 8/10.
I'll keep it in mind to only rec 8+'s to youNot too sure. Taking on an ongoing weekly which is 400+ chapters in is a big decision. When I do you'll be first to know : )That's freaking amazing.Can't wait to read your thoughts about it. Any plans when you might start it?
), so I just don't see the point.

I don't rate series any differently actually. It's just my gut feeling, I'm not applying rocket science. Still, whenever I check my ratings, something always feels off.Personally, I have long since settled on simply rating the shows according to how much I enjoy/ed them, that makes it pretty simple. Looking at it critically, analyzing the good and the bad, I would prolly rate a lot of stuff very differently, but that's so much work and I'm not exactly an anime critic or whatever (at least not trying to be), so I just don't see the point.
Still, I would rarely recommend a show or manga I've rated below 8 either, but I feel like I'm more generous with my ratings than a lot of others
As for you syx, just go and finish Umineko already, if only so that I can recommend you another game. Like, I would love to talk with you about Nier, just saying :3
?Mushishi![]()

Good luck.Nah nothing.
I wish I could do something mischievous to you though![]()
Btw have you asked your grandma? Did she online-slap you?Good luck.

Well I get that feeling, yeah.I don't rate series any differently actually. It's just my gut feeling, I'm not applying rocket science. Still, whenever I check my ratings, something always feels off.
You can recommend another game now. There is no need to wait. Which game do you want to recommend? Nier?
?
Once you feel like playing another game, please give it a chance 
I'm not gonna take that risk. : )Btw have you asked your grandma? Did she online-slap you?![]()
Ehhh, well... Nier is actually on my list (the demo was epic) alongside a couple of other games I intend(ed) to play. But ever since I started to work, I lost the motivation to play games on my computer or Playstation. Even during my vacation last month, I could only bring myself to play approx. 10-15 hours of Horizon Zero Dawn, even though the game amazed me from the getgo. The next game I'm sure to buy is Red Dead Redemption. I had incredible fun with that game on the PS3, solo as well as online with friends and relatives. But I'm pretty sure it will end up collecting dust. : /Well I get that feeling, yeah.
And yes, I want to recommend NierOnce you feel like playing another game, please give it a chance
![]()
Sad to hear you have so much trouble getting motivated, but I can vouch for that game and am pretty sure that you would highly enjoy it as well
though ofc there's no guarantee
By the way... on which platform did you play Nier?If any game can make you feel like playing it forever, it's NierSad to hear you have so much trouble getting motivated, but I can vouch for that game and am pretty sure that you would highly enjoy it as well
though ofc there's no guarantee
Anyway, just a recommendation. If it doesn't happen that's sad but okay![]()
Well the first on PS3 obviously, but I don't think you should go for the first Nier anyway. It's simply not good enough to give you the motivation necessary. It makes Nier:Automata even more enjoyable at certain parts, but it's absolutely not necessary. Ofc ideal way would be Nier -> Nier:Automata, but the game remains awesome either way (I know way more people who only read Automata and loved it xD).By the way... on which platform did you play Nier?
I would have rioted if you had told me that you played it on PS4.Well the first on PS3 obviously, but I don't think you should go for the first Nier anyway. It's simply not good enough to give you the motivation necessary. It makes Nier:Automata even more enjoyable at certain parts, but it's absolutely not necessary. Ofc ideal way would be Nier -> Nier:Automata, but the game remains awesome either way (I know way more people who only read Automata and loved it xD).
Automata I played on Steam, but it definitely needs a fanpatch to work properly. It still crashed for me a few times, but that was long ago, so I assume the game should be pretty much stable now (with a patch). Generally it's regarded as a not so great port though, so you can feel free to play it on PS4 too.

