Of course it is just a small sample compared to the big guns, and it will probably get worse as you said, but it's not looking that bad so far. Let's hope that the necessary amount of tests are/will be performed and that your healthcare can handle all those infected ones.
Germany seems to manage it good enough, I guess.
Approx. 4500 deaths is nothing to be proud of, but looking at the bare available numbers and putting morality aside, many other countries - especially those with similar or higher confirmed cases - would like to be in our shoes I guess.
These last days the media has been announcing they want to break quarentine soon, except for schools or universities, even if 105 new cases happened yesterday. So most probablt next week most work places, cinemas, etc will start to open.
My guess is that, because of the cold seasons now, things will get a bit worse, and the president will call for a quarentine all over again. We had lots of cases based on how soon quarntine started and that it was Summer, now we all want to go out and there are many new infected people.
Hope Germany is managing well, here we hear bad things mostly from United States and Brazil.
Life is not easy sometimes, is it? You kinda give me the impression that you are drowning in work... : / Makes me wonder how you keep up with all the MH-stuff, like the Interview Game for example. I hope you don't force yourself to participate in the IG game or reply here. That stuff has no priority whatsoever. The IG game is pretty much over but take my advice and take it easy if real life happens to run off from you.
Oh not that much, now I'm not even working but it's university what's making me go crazy. We have new things everyday to send to teachers and they're being far more strictic than they were on regular classes before, maybe based by the fact they think that doing things from home it's easier, but really it's not, it's pretty uncomfrotable. Based on our previous convo, are you currently free from work?
Haha just seeing random things on Netflix, like "Unorthodox" and a bunch of historical movies (became a fan of these again); comedies too (sorry if I asked before I don't remember haha, do you know/watch Brooklyn 99?). I'm also into the mood of reading old, vintage-like mangas.
Just don't rack your brain over the delay and keep things up. But on another note revo, I'm quite shocked about one of your IG answers. Just how much do you regret studying your current subject? And what's preventing you from changing it? If you regret it so much, why do you consider to go with it for two more years? In my opinion, you should just change your subject. Sorry if I may sound harsh, but I'm just being honest here. You are very young. Starting over shouldn't have any major negative impact on you. If it is in the realm of possibilities, then I would change it if I were you, just my two cents. : /
I actually think so as well, but it's kinda complicated to drop it now. I actually started the first career when I graduated from high school (I was 18) and I had no idea what to pick, but presure from home made me decide quikly and went for "Literature", I did it for a year and boy I disliked it not only the study plan but the teachers were awful too. Becuase my fam had problems with my siblings years ago in how much they gave them economic support and even today neither of them graduated, they wanted me to just pick and study something soon. So I went for the current one "Librarian" that I loved in the first year but slowly started to find it boring and dull, and now I don't even want/care to work about that, but it's too late and I need the economical support from my family, I just want to finish soon and liveby myself, then finally study something I like, thinking about it carefully this time.
That's a long text basically it's pressure from home more than anything.
Ohh... look at that funny coincidence. I only read The Dark Tower series from Stephen King and it was a great experience. He build a fascinating world through 7+1 books. It requires a lot of dedication to finish it though. I think I didn't like two traits of King during my read. One of them is that he sometimes takes detours which feel too long. The second one I can't say because it would be a spoiler. But I assume those don't apply to The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, since it is only one book with 224 pages.
Did you read other Stephen King books? I had a time where I was a fan of it hahaha.
Really need to try The Dark Tower books someday, are there any other sagas you like? Like Harry Potter and that kind.
Those doesn't ring a bell to me, but I also have to say that I'm definitely not the bookish guy anyway. So, it's not a surprise that I don't know them. Don't forget to recommend me one of those when you find a gem. ^^,V,,
Sure I will! Also I already wrote down the authors you mentioned.
Even though now it's full of school textbooks, sometimes I try to read fiction or something else for fun, to clear the head a bit more.
Ahhh, I think we use the term "career" differently. For me, a career starts once you finish school/university and get employed (employment career). You on the other hand refer to your studies (academic career)? Not that it matters, since I understood you now. We have a similar mindset when it comes to traveling. Lemme ask you another interview question: Would you still travel alone if you don't find a sidekick?
Oh didn't realize that . For what you guys call a 'career' we just directly call it "job or work". But yes "career" here it's the name for the years you take to study and graduate "(example "career of Medicine, career of Lawls, etc).
Yeah even if I prefer to travel with someone, if I wanted to travel no matter what and I have to go alone, I still would, depending on the money too hahah (with a sidekick at least you can divide the costs between two or more). Would you?
Amazing edit. But mhmm kinda used to those areas because of Argentina, got robbed some few times in the middle of the street at night, it's pretty normal, also the police here can be the scariest thing ever when they want. But there are far more dangerous countries around here, like Venezuela or Brazil.
Of course it sounds cold and out of place all things considered. But that's because we carry such matters to extremes. Since when are vacations even essential in our lives? They aren't. During every single vacation, people spent a lot of money which could have potentially saved a family/life elsewhere. If we think that way, then every single mention of a vacation is coldhearted. =) Did you have the same feelings before the outbreak when people talked about their vacations?
Vacation is just one of many examples by the way...
You actually have a good point there, in fact, these last days I have starting to want to go on a vacation, I feel that when I wrote that I was kinda in a different mood.
No I didn't think like that, but I was too shocked by the events by that time, I am still but I'm sensing how different everythig really is without looking forward to things, like wanting to travel.
USA has so many places which offers all kind of different things. Once I start naming cities, I probably wouldn't be able to stop. But more importantly -> I am quite the flexible and open-minded person. Nature, national parks, big cities, cultural stuff, the beach and so forth doesn't matter. That's why the preferences of my potential vacation-partner would play a major role. I think there is not much I wouldn't like to do or visit. I know that I would burn some money in Las Vegas with one of my cousins, while I probably would drive through the Route 66 and visit the Grand Canyon with the other one, and one of my close friends is solely the beach-person who would throw up if I mention cultural stuff or national parks.
Las Vegas sounds fun! Also it's great to be open-minded, I'm kinda like that but there are places I'm not really interested going, or that I will not regret of never visiting for now.
But even more now with wanting to travel again I would go anywhere, if things are better, I may just travel to the North of Argentina with a bunch of friends.
Why do you only watch your friends and don't play with them? Don't tell me that they won't let you?!?!
Oh, I love swimming as well but I rarely do it in Germany. I dislike swimming pools because I feel too constrained in them. But whenever I am at the beach, I almost never leave the water for the whole day. I simply can't because lying on the water far away from the beach and enjoying the sounds of the ocean is one of the most relaxings "activities" you could possibly do.
Nooooo I'm just lazy to join them, also I'm terrible at football.
Aaaah me too, I like the sea (especially with big waves) a lot, so I barely leave it. I can't stay quiet in beaches in general, either I swim or go for a long walk, if I sit to stay quiet I like to chat or to read something for a short while. Also I used to dislike pools too but I guess I got used to it, though I can become kinda annoying on how clean they are.
@revo Think I already mentioned this to syx, but I read a bunch of King books in the past too Felt like he knows how to write entertaining (and scary) stories without getting too verbose. They'e not literally masterpieces (if you ask me^^), but I really enjoyed his works. Never could get into the Black Tower series back then though lol, just didn't grab me.
I can recommend "Sie" and "Es" though ("She" and "It") from King, especially Sie I remember fondly @syx Not sure how to describe it without spoiling, but it's not exactly horror, more psychological drama/thriller. Can't really think of a better term atm lol. Inbefore "no more recs from you this year Nii, I fucking told you!!!"
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And I want to have daily reports once you start FF7 my dear syx
You guys sound like I never give an extensive exposition on my view while I'm one of the very few here who doesn't throw simple one-liners left and right.
Besides, what's up with these requests anyway? When did anyone pick something I read/watch/play and gave me daily reports? Probably never recently...
You guys sound like I never give an extensive exposition on my view while I'm one of the very few here who doesn't throw simple one-liners left and right.
Besides, what's up with these requests anyway? When did anyone pick something I read/watch/play and gave me daily reports? Probably never recently...
True, you got me there. I never recommended something to you, but that doesn't prevent you or anyone else from being proactive and surprising me pleasantly.
I mean... all in all... I did a lot of stuff for you, didn't I?
True, you got me there. I never recommended something to you, but that doesn't prevent you or anyone else from being proactive and surprising me pleasantly.
I mean... all in all... I did a lot of stuff for you, didn't I?
You guys sound like I never give an extensive exposition on my view while I'm one of the very few here who doesn't throw simple one-liners left and right.
Besides, what's up with these requests anyway? When did anyone pick something I read/watch/play and gave me daily reports? Probably never recently...
Now who might you be referring to? Please elaborate :3 And I was just making absolutely sure, that's all
The thing is, you don't gush about that stuff. Like I could still hardly tell anyone "syx is a BIG fan of THIS" if someone asked me. Ofc I know a whole number of series you like, but I've never seen you obsessed or fanboying about something. More like "yeah this was great!!" and then 2 days later it's back to something else. So just tell us what you would love to talk about, and I'll try to the best of my ability : D
I'm sure he'll greet us with one heck of a troll post...
So syx, when I answered revo I had to think of the Umi tracks again and found this compilation of someone who shortened a bunch of the tracks and put them together:
Reminded me again just how freaking amazing the OST is. It's hands down one of the best soundtracks out there, in my opinion. Which makes me curious, which OST do you prefer/think is better? Nier Automata or Umineko?
The thing is, you don't gush about that stuff. Like I could still hardly tell anyone "syx is a BIG fan of THIS" if someone asked me. Ofc I know a whole number of series you like, but I've never seen you obsessed or fanboying about something. More like "yeah this was great!!" and then 2 days later it's back to something else. So just tell us what you would love to talk about, and I'll try to the best of my ability : D
That is an interesting view on this topic. You basically blame me because I'm not a salesman (guess what, I'm not. ), don't show some twisted form of obsession, and for that reason reduce the value of my comments to redundancy. Which I could understand if I were a random member to you (maybe I am? hmh...), but I considered our friendship to be a little bit... like... closer? Sorry, if I misjudged our relationship.
Jokes aside, I am truly not the person who tries to overwhelm others with my fanboyism until they pick something up I like. It is not in my nature, and doing so would be just me pretending to be someone I am not. However, that doesn't mean my comments/ratings have no value at all. When I say something is great, then it means exactly that. Everything after that is up to everyone else.
So syx, when I answered revo I had to think of the Umi tracks again and found this compilation of someone who shortened a bunch of the tracks and put them together:
Reminded me again just how freaking amazing the OST is. It's hands down one of the best soundtracks out there, in my opinion. Which makes me curious, which OST do you prefer/think is better? Nier Automata or Umineko?
Thanks for that track. It's amazing and also already in my playlist. I still have several Umineko tracks on my playlist (Worldend Dominator <3). I'm with definitely with Umineko, even though Nier's is great too.
The people I was referring to already replied. Looks like the recipients received my message. No need to elaborate.
That is an interesting view on this topic. You basically blame me because I'm not a salesman (guess what, I'm not. ), don't show some twisted form of obsession, and for that reason reduce the value of my comments to redundancy. Which I could understand if I were a random member to you (maybe I am? hmh...), but I considered our friendship to be a little bit... like... closer? Sorry, if I misjudged our relationship.
Jokes aside, I am truly not the person who tries to overwhelm others with my fanboyism until they pick something up I like. It is not in my nature, and doing so would be just me pretending to be someone I am not. However, that doesn't mean my comments/ratings have no value at all. When I say something is great, then it means exactly that. Everything after that is up to everyone else.
Nah, you are overestimating your expertise in human nature. I have not only a game to play, I'm also not a troll. Never was.
Thanks for that track. It's amazing and also already in my playlist. I still have several Umineko tracks on my playlist (Worldend Dominator <3). I'm with definitely with Umineko, even though Nier's is great too.
*Nii explains that syx isn't the kinda guy to go around and hype things to the max*
*syx ROASTS Nii*
"Oh haha nevermind, I was just joking. I'm not a cool kid like you. I'm just enjoying what I read/watch/play, and I don't give a fuck what others think. Call me Uchiha Syx, for my edge cuts deeper than a knife. That you didn't know this shows your knowledge of human nature SUCKS ASS"
It's cool, I'm not hurt or anything over here while you dissed our friendship, and basically said I don't even know you Think I need to go into that corner and recover for a bit...
Jokes aside (see what I did there?), I absolutely agree with Umineko having the better OST