Discussion 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: WORLD CUP

Rampage said:
And everybody hates Italy where I live.
Very nice. Xenophobia is a great thing.

Everytime they win a game, all the streets are blocked and they make so much noise you can't sleep.
That's because we like to actually enjoy our lifes and have fun.
I guess that when your team wins you start crying and stay at home.
 

Rampages

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
1,032
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: WORLD CUP

rykarreolacr said:
Very nice. Xenophobia is a great thing.
That's because we like to actually enjoy our lifes and have fun.
I guess that when your team wins you start crying and stay at home.
The problem is that there are so many italians that we can't move around because of the traffic. They just stay in the middle of the street and wait for the other italians to come. The cops usually have to come to disperse them...it gets really annoying, especially when italy plays against weaker teams and barely manages to win...

If some people were less "vocal" about their "italian pride", then I guess everyone would be happy :)


Please do not make comments like that last one. That wasn't very friendly. - GK
 

S_Cristal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: WORLD CUP

Kadoman said:
Sorry to break it to ya mate, but it was nothing to do with luck or emotional advantage. France played their socks off last night and quite simply, Brasil were out-classed. I'm not particularly a fan of France (if anything, I am more inclined to support Brasil) but Brasil were made to look like a VERY ordinary team last night. I take my hat off to France - that was one of the most fluid, graceful and stylish performances I've seen (in International football). They fully deserved their win and more importantly, they earned the right to go through.
Yeah yeah, it wasnt a excuse. This was really a team to forget, and that's it. France was superior in many aspects.

My prediction for the final: Portugal x Germany

I still think that Portugal can surprise us. Their team is motivated (just like france), Ricardo is a great goalkeeper, and I belive in Scolari.
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: WORLD CUP

Rampage said:
The problem is that there are so many italians that we can't move around because of the traffic. They just stay in the middle of the street and wait for the other italians to come. The cops usually have to come to disperse them...it gets really annoying, especially when italy plays against weaker teams and barely manages to win...

If some people were less "vocal" about their "italian pride", then I guess everyone would be happy :)
Now you say we are a plague? And stupid people? Oh no... I better just control myself and stop hanging out here.
I can accept bashing my team, but when you start messing with people and my country...
Bye.
 

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
32
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

Dammit, see what you've done now guys?

They didn't mean it that way now... (Or did they? :s)

Nah, Italians rawk! x3
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: WORLD CUP

I just don't get what all that has to do with the upcoming match... I may say "Italy is gonna kick Germany's ass", but that doesn't mean I'll say: "I hate Germans" and stuff like that, because it has nothing to do with football.
 

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
32
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

Well, whoever does take it that way is disturbed... xP :s
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: WORLD CUP

Well, I may be disturbed.
But please, just stop talking shit of my people and my team, 'coz I haven't insulted anyone and I don't think I deserve it.
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: WORLD CUP

Please let's all calm down.
Of course we all have different opinions and hopes which team should win but let's not start flaming here. ;)

I would say that Portugal is a bit stronger than France although those had a wonderful performance against Brazil. They were definitely better and deserved their win.

For Italy vs Germany I of course hope that Germany wins as I'm German. But Italy is a strong team imo so it's not too easy.

In my point of view every of the 4 remaining teams would deserve the cup because they all showed that they have potential. Of course some of their games may not bee too impressive (France in its early rounds) but nevertheless: these are the 4 best teams of the cup atm. :XD
 

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
32
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

I'm on your side here ryk...

But Miso's right...
MH isn't a place for all this... xP
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: WORLD CUP

aDaMz said:
I'm on your side here ryk...
I know you are, thanks. ;)

I won't say that I over reacted, because I was very offended... But I'll just drop the subject.
 

CheckMate

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
488
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

well.. like the WC motto: time to make friends :D

still i think germany has the better chance..
second to france, and then italy and the last for portugal

portugal just lack of talented players, and they dont have good history and tradition in the WC.
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: WORLD CUP

It's hard to tell how this WC will end...
Sure Germany and France have more chances, but...
 

Bibichan

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
982
Reaction score
21
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: WORLD CUP

Well, I want Germany to win (being German and all), but I actually think that Italy's going to make it. And if they beat us, I want Italy to win the World Cup, too. :)
 

CheckMate

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
488
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: WORLD CUP

rykarreolacr said:
It's hard to tell how this WC will end...
Sure Germany and France have more chances, but...
football is not mathematic :p

besides, if Italy really beats germany, i would cheer for them too.

it has been a while since the last time they won any tournaments
and i admire their cattenacio style (especially in euro2000, so bad france beat them)
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: WORLD CUP

If Italy wins, I hope they at least let Del Piero win :(
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: WORLD CUP

I am still predicting a Germany V France final. Germany to win.

Yeah, France haven't played well up until last night - but the fact they have extremely talented players (many, not just one or two) goes very much in their favour. This French side have more at stake than a young and spritely Portugese side - this will be the last WC for some of those French players and they have everything to play for (not saying nobody else has everything to play for, but there are degrees of ambition, ya know?).

As for Italy, they are the 'dark horse' I reckon. People like to write them off but they should never be underestimated. They do tend to play negatively at times, but when they are in full flow, enjoying themselves and going forward they can be wonderful to watch and play beautifully.

I honestly don't rate Portugal's chances, sorry!

P.S - Miso, based on last night's performance, I'd say France is inherently stronger than Portugal - who do not enjoy the calibre of talent that France enjoys! The problem with the French is they are prone to being easily 'rattled' and when that happens, they play badly. We'll soon see!
 

lipos

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: WORLD CUP

you_know_who said:
are u sure? zidane altough not at his best as he was 4-5 years ago, still one of the best player in the tournament.
his performance against brazil is the ultimate proof.

while figo.. he still not in-form. and didnt contribute much to portugal's success

it's more reasonable to compare deco and zidane, although i still believe is the best one;, maybe close only to ballack & frings
Well you may not be aware of what im going to tell you but the year when zidane and figo played at their bests, in the 2000 Euro championship, Zidane get the best player of the year award while Figo getted the second. This was a very contested decisoun and soon many countrys razed their voices, sayng that the prized had been wrongly attributed, although there were certanly much voices that defended Zidane, the voices that defended figo were much stronger, Spain, England, Argentina and Brazil (that in the beggining voted for Rivaldo, but has rivaldo was so far away in the comptition for the prize that brazil went for Figo). Do you know how fifa resolved the situation?? attributed the next year award to Figo even though figo had is worst preformance that year. Figo in the year 2000 didn't help the team. Figo was the team. And so i say once more. Im really looking forward to this last mast has it is the last chance of this 2 legends of all times face wach other one final and conclusive time. Im just sad that they are not as fit has they were in 2000. But at least i think that they will leave something to remember.

And one more thing, Real Madrid since figo stoped playing and expecialy since figo left is playing badder and worst, and there is no zidane, ronaldo, beckham, raul, rubinho or maxi lopez that are making any difference. I cant count the number of coachs that were in and out real since Carlos Queiroz the last coach that clearly betted on Figo. Au contrair, Figo exit to inter was nothing less than a big success... So if you think portuguese don't have big talents, you don't know figo, or you don't see manchester games were ronaldo do magic, or you didn't realized yet that Ricardo is the most unbeatened GK even thow we play with holand, england or mexico, you never seen ricardo carvalho teh best defender in 2004 by fifa. or you never watched the magic that flowed from deco or the best striker in france last seasons Pauleta, or the expert in long shots maniche. I cant understand the ones o say portugal dont have stars. That is a wrong thing to say, like ronaldinho didn't play well this WC you cant say that he isnt good. You can just say that he played badly. And thats what happening with ronaldo, now in relation to figo, you can say that figo was far from brilinat aggainst england, but only that. Any other game Figo was great and in the first one the one we was fresh he was simply outsanding showing us a little of what he once was.

And saying this i just hope for a good game on wensday and wish for favorable result to Portugal :smile-big
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: WORLD CUP

Here's a video everybody should watch!!!
Made for people who still think that the 2002 WC was all legal.
Open your eyes people!!!
This is why all WC should be held in Europe or Latin America were people care more about football and less about money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em6UW92stOo
 

mageofdeath

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
296
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: WORLD CUP

I would like Italy to win their next game but realistically this cup is in Germany and Italy's defense will have to be at their peak to stop Klose and Podolski, although of the two teams Italy has the better defense by FAR, really Italy is the better team, but look what happened to Brazil, its always the teams who play harder who win, and that tie with the US is still bugging me...
BTW go C.Ronaldo, campeones para 2006...Portugal!!! y viva Mexico...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top